User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 3)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 423 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 52 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Buspirone reviews 482 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

For Anxiety: "Tried this drug for 5 weeks and had no positive change and ended up having worse than normal anxiety when going from 5mg x3 daily to 10mg x 3 daily."

FLion93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was suffering from such bad anxiety that I felt desperate. I wanted it gone so I waited the six weeks it took to get into a psychiatrist. She prescribed me Buspar and within the first day the meds started to kick in. I took the first dose and then the second as she prescribed me 5mg twice a day to start. I could feel the chemicals in my brain changing and suppressing the anxiety and it was a relief! Let me warn you though, anyone with true anxiety also suffers from depression too so once the anxiety is taken care of with Buspar the depression comes on so much stronger! I'm on Zoloft and Buspar. Used to just be on Paxil until it stopped working."

cardigon1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I suffer from anxiety/panic disorder and I was given Buspar 10 MG twice daily. I felt very light headed and like I had a constant head rush. My Dr tried increasing the dose to 20mg twice daily and with that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had to nap for 2 to 3 hours. It was just awful. After nearly 4 weeks of being on this medication, I have insisted that I been taken off of it. I am on 5 MG twice a day for today and tomorrow and then I'll be done with it and I hope the side effects go away soon. Just an awful experience."

DCD79 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've suffered anxiety since I was a teenager. Found out my mum had cancer in fall, anxiety went from mild to severe. It got to the point where I couldn't go a day without some sort of attack. I was miserable, enough for my husband to notice and demand I go to the doctor. Didn't want to be put on anything addictive, was prescribed Buspar. 10 mg. I take as needed, sometimes only 5 mg. It works miracles for me. My only complaint is that sometimes, I'll get these brain shocks, or moments of vertigo. I don't drive while on it. But other than that, I'm glad that I can be there for my mum without having a breakdown."

abellesoleil March 30, 2016

For Anxiety: "I really wanted this to work! Buspar (5mg twice daily) was added to my Wellbutrin to help with anxiety. Immediately noticed mild insomnia, incredibly vivid and intense dreams when I could sleep. Daily diarrhea, bloating, and bouts of vertigo. I made it 4 weeks without improvement in side effects and was forced to discontinue."

DG77 March 30, 2016

For Anxiety: "Buspirone caused me to have horrible nightmares, could not take it."

Bobdu March 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have only been taking these since yesterday 5 mg three times a day. I have taken fluoxetine as well for 10 days. Can't say I feel any different .Still feeling I'll with anxiety"

Jadedflower (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I suffer from anxiety,depression and PTSD. This medicine has proven to be a great alternative over a benzo. Being non habit forming is the best par . I do get headaches and fatigue but it is better then the side effects associated with benzo. I recommend this to anyone looking for a non addictive alternative to zanex"

Jessika N March 18, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I'm returning to Buspar after seven years off. Started having chronic anxiety attacks again after my wife's hysterectomy. Wish I could remember my old dosage. I tend to be drug sensitive and the 30 mg. dosage made me fuzzy. The PA that did this script was a little overzealous. Doing well on just the 15 mg. even if it is a self-adjusted dosage. After a few weeks I can have a talk with our MD and he'll probably leave it at 15 or 20."

MerricMaker (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Anxiety: "It's ok. Take 5mg twice a day and although it helped with my anxiety and depression, it's given me bad side effects like nausea and diarrhea. I've had diarrhea for a week now and I've been going about 3-4 times every day. I don't know if I'll stay on it but I certainly can't live in the bathroom either. I'm out of options for anxiety medication. These side effects are awful especially if you have a very active job like I do & work in a factory. It's not fun."

Cheyenne882 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "My Dr. Prescribed due to it low dosage. And that I didn't want to take meds. I became so helpless after years of trying to cope with anxiety on my own, I finally reached a point where medicine was my only hope. It kicked in quickly, my obssesive thoughts stopped, then dosage would wear off so I started taking a higher dosage, then it made me become upset, super emo crying, not myself and finally realized it was buspar. Cut back dosage again. It made me tired all the time, couldn't concentrate, weird dreams, and loss of interest in things. Was not a good fit, I finally had to ask Dr for something else after a year it didn't work all together except for stopping obssesive thoughts. It also gave me brain zaps, memory loss, and space cadet syndr"

Worked and then stopped... (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been on Busiprone (10 mg twice a day) for about 2 weeks now and I have seen no improvement. My sleep is jacked up from it from either interupted sleep or vivid dreams. I dont think I'm going to continue to use it. Xanax seemed to be the only thing that has helped me so far.."

Snhende (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had great experiences with klopin and Xanax managing my symptoms, but my doctor decided that he needed to reduce down on these scripts so he put me on Buspar and it's completely useless. So sad and extremely frustrating that doctors always seem to take you off of what works because it can be addictive. Well maybe that's because it actually works and isn't that the point of taking a medication for an ailment? I worry if I change doctors I'll appear to be a "pill seeker" or some bad news person. Really sad that because some abuse it, those who need it must suffer to. Sorry for the vent, but my point is that sadly Buspar 3 times a day and 20mg each dose does nothing for me."

Sad about the system March 1, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've taken klonopin and/or Xanax for several years for anxiety and extreme panic attacks. I'm a single female who was homeless due to the economy. I slept in my car. I was dragged out of my car, beaten and sexually assaulted by police on several occasions. I took antidepressant meds for years and a dr added Xanax after I got back on my feet, fighting suicide for two years. These medications were a godsend to me because they work quickly. I no longer wanted to kill myself. A new Dr however has told me I need to stop benzos and prescribe buspar instead. After 6 weeks I once again feel suicidal I wake up very very groggy it takes hours to be fully conscious. My muscles & bones ache from the moment I wake up. It makes me feel worse than ever."

Terio (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 28, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started taking Buspar 5mg twice a day due to anxiety of my Mom being in the hospital. Let me tell you how it affects me...positively. I take it along with Prozac 20mg once a day and the combination works WONDERS for me. I take both in the morning and the Buspar in the afternoon around 4pm. What a difference!!"

Motorcityirish (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Diagnosed with general anxiety disorder. Would have obsessive thoughts non stop, losing sleep sometimes. Started taking buspar 5mg twice a day. Hands felt tingling and head a little cloudy but no other real side affect. Increased up to 10mg. Immediately saw improvement, no more obsessive thoughts that would normally slow me at my work. Been on it for almost a year now and have no side affects."

Sierra921 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have had anxiety for 10 years and had given up all hope for a normal life. Last year i was prescribed Buspar 15mg a day and it did nothing for me. On one of my many visits to the mental hospital I was told to try bumping it up to 40mg. A week later I had my first anxiety free day. It's now been 7 months and I haven't had a single anxiety day. I have finally started to love again, I feel normal. My doctor said that because it's not addictive and doesn't lose its effects over time like Benzos I can continue to take it indefinitely so I will. If you're on it and it's not working perhaps you may need more For me it's finally given me my life back"

Edsterytt February 22, 2016

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Well this medication improved my mood related to possible social anxiety but on the 3 day of taking I had some psychosis related side effects in aggravation then started to get very hyper but depressed bad experience"

185303pharmacydude (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I connect so much with "Frustrated Fenway Fan"'s post..I have almost disabling anxiety. I started having panic attacks at eleven years old.....I am now 33. The entire time I was treated with Xanax which I NEVER once abused...my former doctor abruptly stopped prescribing it to me because he caught wind that I had spent a year and a half fighting an opiate addiction, Suboxone saved my life...but although that is all in the past and I don't even take that medication anymore....it is on my medical history! Now.NO ONE will prescribe me any sort of benzodiazepine. I have just been prescribed Buspar. I pray it works. I just want my life back."

murphy's law (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "BEST medication I've ever taken for anxiety. I was skeptical to take it because of some negative reviews, but I figured, what the heck, what have I got to lose?? I plan on staying on buspar for a long long time. It's allowed me to be more outgoing and get involved more in social situations. Have a positive attitude, try it, and I think you'll love it too!"

G mc (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2016

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been taking buspirone for about 5 weeks now. I feel so different. I finally feel happy and like anxiety isn't controlling me anymore. I take one 7.5mg tablet 3x a day for a total of 22.5mg per day. I had to start with half a tablet twice a day and titrate up to where I am now, because at first they felt like they made my adrenaline and heart race, even though they are supposed to do the opposite of that. I don't feel any side effects, except I do sweat a little more than I used to (which was a lot in the first place), and I feel less "sharp" mentally. But neither of these are to the point they really bother me, and they definitely don't outweigh the benefits I am receiving from the medication. I recommend this medicine highly."

FeelingLikeMeAgain (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been on this going on four months and I am a big fan. It has greatly reduced my anxiety, at only 10mgs a day. I rarely have to take an ativan. I've always been anxious, but things got much worse when I tried different stimulants for my ADHD. Even with a low dose of lexapro, I started to have dramatic panic attacks. It was awful. I went off both with the help of Ativan, but I didn't want to become dependent on the benzo, so I took them as infrequently as possible (1/2 or 1 per day). I was still really suffering, and asked my doc about buspar. I am so relieved that something works, and that it isn't something I'm afraid of."

betterthanbefore (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have tried many other anxiety medications. This took about 4 weeks to work but is great. I'm 34 years old and have had anxiety since I was a teenager. This is the best I have felt in my adult life. Also taking Prozac once daily. Great combination."

Myself again February 16, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "So, Buspar does nothing for me at all. I may as well have been taking a sugar pill all this time. My doctor felt that since I was only 30 years old, the Benzo that I had been on for the last 4 years that greatly helped me, was out of the question because SOME folks abuse it. REALLY?! If your anxiety is intense and life ruling like mine is, please look into a Benzo. Hopefully you'll have a doctor that is actually out to HELP you."

Frustrated Fenway Fan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2016

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Buspar 5 mg twice daily for possible anxiety induced difficulty failing asleep. First week good, second week less helpful for sleep, then onset of extreme hip, bilateral leg weakness with feeling of extreme leg muscle fatigue, start mid afternoon, worse by bedtime every night, required pain med to allow sleep. Discontinued."

Dobelady (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016