User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 5)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 423 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 52 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Buspirone reviews 482 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

For Panic Disorder: "After taking this stuff I got really angry and after a couple weeks I started feeling worse. Remember it's different for everyone though and it might work for you."

Jordanbs December 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I weaned off Xanax with buspar. At first I thought why did I decide to do this because I was having a lot of withdrawals. Thank God I am almost a month off Xanax and fully on buspar 10 mg. 2 times a day. I am so glad I hung in there and got through all the withdrawals to get to a much safer and healthier drug for anxiety! If I can do it anyone can.much happier now!!"

Off of zanax December 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been taking this medication for two days and I'm already feeling a little happier and calmer the only thing I have an issue with is, I take this in the morning and in the evening when I take it I feel very weak and tired for thirty minutes to an hour after. I have pretty much passed out for like an hour after I've taken it. When I wake up though I feel pretty good so I'll take the nap. Its worth it lol. Very satisfied with this drug so far."

Elizabeth1995 December 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "I'm on 30mg twice a day. My doctor started me on 15my twice a day and I noticed an extremely positive change within a week. I went from 5 anxiety attacks a day and constant feelings of anxiety to maybe one attack a week and feeling pretty ok. Since upped to 60mg a day, along with my celexa, the Buspar has definitely done it's job and prevents any general feelings of anxiety from blowing into full anxiety attacks. I can definately feel a negative difference when I've missed a day. My only concern is that about 20 minutes after I take my morning dose of Buspar, I usually get a dizzy, weak, passout feeling that persists for about a half hour. My doctor doesn't appear concerned about it but it does bother me and feels horrible for that time."

EmC18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was put om buspar due to getting custody of my niece and nephew from dhr and getting a promotion to a new much more stressful job. The buspar helped keep me calm enough to focus at the tasks before me and help me get through my day to day life. I was super stressed and scared bc of all of the changes in my life and buspar helped me calm down and cope"

Kimberly959 December 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been on this stuff for probably about eight months now and, for me personally, it's about as effective as a sugar pill. My psychiatrist has me taking three 10mg pills three times a day, I keep telling him the stuff isn't doing anything for me, but I guess he's been thinking there MUST be a threshold for me or I doubt he'd have me taking 90mg a day. I gotta admit that I've been curious myself, and they don't seem to give me side effects of any kind, so I just keep taking them. I'm probably gonna stop and just stick to the venlafaxine because it seems to be starting to kick in now at 300mg. It's been six weeks since the switch from paroxetine (which worked well for 10 years), and I'm starting to feel pretty good again. Be patient."

Mike001 December 4, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started taking this medication during a particularly stressful period in my life and continued it for about a year. It got me through a divorce and kept me within my stress threshold. I stopped taking it when I started feeling like I was on stable ground and had little if any withdrawal symptoms. After about a year, another stressful situation came up with my little sister tried to kill herself and I was in my first semester back to college with a full course load, trying to be a single mom to the best of my ability at the same time. It definitely doesn't work as strongly as it did the first round, but it makes the stress level manageable. It feels like he rock sitting on my chest has been removed, and then I can think through things"

jam6786876 November 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "This is the first anxiety medicine I have ever been on, and it is by far the worst experience ever. My moods are anxious, depressed, and irritable. At first, I thought I was just overwhelmed with school and work, after reading some other reviews, I realized it's the Buspar doing it to me. If I take one due to an anxiety attack, about an hour later I am crying and talking about how much I hate myself, then about 30 minutes after that stops, I get extremely irritable and everything makes me mad. I've quit taking it until my follow up appointment and I can get it changed. I will never try this again."

train wrecked November 30, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "If I could rate a 0 I would. While I was on it for only 4 weeks I became extremely irritable and was constantly hating myself. Worst meds I've ever been on and I've tried a lot."

Anonymous November 25, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was put on busiprone when I went to the doctor because I was having severe anxiety attacks caused by my asthma that I never knew I had. I take 15mg twice a day, just a couple days ago I increased the dose because I started feeling my anxiety come back worse than I have ever had. . I drive for a living and this has been such a help in keeping my stress levels down especially in high pressure situations. Everybody has noticed the change. I have never had any side effects from this medication. But a much better alternative than Xanax."

Melm56 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Started taking Buspar to cope with the increased anxiety that Welbutrin gave me. I eventually got off Welbutrin because of the awful side effects, but stayed on the Buspar. It definitely helps to relax me mentally. I feel physically relaxed too, and my anxious habits such as bouncing my leg and drumming my fingers have been reduced, plus some of the racing thoughts and constant worrying have been dulled (although not completely cured.) The only side effect so far has been slight dizziness at times and I feel slightly less coordinated at times. This hasn't been a deal breaker at all, however, and I'm sure these symptoms will go away with time. I'd recommend this for mild anxiety."

MrCage November 18, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Hello all! I took this medication for around two months, and it helped with my anxiety, but caused me to become apathetic. I simply couldn't be bothered to do anything! It was horrible!"

AnxietyIssues (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "I take 7.5 mg twice a day. I feel great and no side effects I'm happier and stress free and no anxiety. A great med for anxiety"

Lasbagman (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "My dr added buspar twice a day while on lexapro already. Took for about a week. Every time I took it about an hour later all I wanted to do was kill myself. It would go away for a while and then once I took it again, the same feelings came back. Took it for about a week and stopped after I couldn't take the feelings anymore. Feelings stopped immediately. Would never try this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "This was given for a PTSD head trauma and ocd attacks. It feels like a placebo pill. Does nothing. I feel worse."

PTSD VET (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I love this med no side effects no problems at all just stopped my massive anxiety problems I was having almost weekly and I mean want to run to get out of my skin anxiety.. Panic attacks to the max"

Sargem November 9, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I took BuSpar for a few days for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but it cause a "tic" in my eye. My eyelid would flicker uncontrollably every once in a while. Apparently this is pretty serious, and can actually be permanent even after ending the medication, which was very scary. Luckily for me, the tic went away when I stopped taking it."

charger1994 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "BuSpar is the only medication that has worked with minimal side effects for me. Only downside is that I get a bit dizzy and hot after taking my morning pill. I'm on 10mg twice a day, and it has made such a difference in my life. So thankful for a medication that finally works!"

FunSized98 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was given this for anxiety and wasn't able to take it longer than week. I had weird dizzy spells after taking a low dose and after about a week the muscles in my face were spasming. This was the first time trying to help my anxiety with medications."

Ashybear (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

For Anxiety: "Very mild antianxiety pill. Super Love it. You're lucky if some doc reccomended it to you."

sandpiper111 November 3, 2015

For Anxiety: "I love buspirone for anxiety attacks I'm on 15mg three times daily, I have taken nearly every medicine for anxiety there is but this one is the jackpot not a single attack since a week after I started taking it.. Big 10 stars I know Med's work different for others but this is the good one zero side affects I don't know I even take it except I'm not freaking out ..."

Sargem November 2, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Buspar for 1 week and I'm noticing subtle good changes. My Dr. Prescribed 10 mg 2x day, I read good things before I started on them and since I'm very sensitive to medicine and didn't wanna jump in with the dose and then it make me sick and me not want to continue, so I started very slow 5 mg in the am (have something small to eat made me a little nauseous) and 5 mg at night. I can notice even that low I'm not as irritated or impatient when I drive, if I have to wait in line, even my daughter who's 11 says I seem more patient when she asks me a question. Very hopeful as I increase to the dose my Dr wants me at, it will be even better. I really hope this will be the last med I have to try."

Nytink (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have GAD, and after three years of taking care of my younger brother who has severe GAD as well as going through an episode of pyschosis, I was told by my pdoc that I have "caregiver's burnout". I was prescribed 20 mgs of Paxil every day and 15mg of Buspirone (Buspar) twice a day. It has been nearly a month now on these meds and I do see an improvement. I'm not sure which one is helping me more but my anxiety level has gone from an 8 or 9 every day to about a 5. I hope to see continued improvement."

JTChase (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "After my first dose on Sunday, I had a terrible migraine. I decided to take it once a day at night until I get used to it. I took it at night instead of taking it at the beginning of my 12 hour shifts (I'm a nurse). Yesterday was my first day of taking it twice a day as prescribed. I took the second dose at 10 PM. I woke up at 2 AM this morning with extreme dizziness and a profusely bleeding nose. I thought I was dizzy because of my allergy meds and being sleepy and I explained the bloody nose as being related to allergies. I went to work again today after taking my morning dose at 6 AM. At 10 AM I once again had a bleeding nose. I checked my blood pressure, and it was in the 150s when it normal runs less than 100. Will never take again"

Smt579 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am currently on Buspirone 7.5mg twice daily for postpartum anxiety. I've only been taking it for about a week and I, and my husband, can already see a dramatic improvement. I'm not too fond of the dizziness that I experience when I take it with no food, but it never lasts too long."

Steph175597545 (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2015