User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 5)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 10 reviews 15 medications

Panic Disorder 59 reviews 19 medications

5.8
Summary of Buspirone reviews 573 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have taken buspar for 5 months. Prescribed max dose of 15mg 4x/day. It took a couple weeks to actually notice the difference. I don't feel like a zombie after taking it. I really just came to the realization one day while driving to work, an activity that used to leave me recovering from an anxiety attack, was suddenly a very simple task. My social anxiety, much improved. It's very subtle, but after sticking with it, I can look back and I see that it changed my life. It does make me sleepy, in a walking around functioning while yawning kind of way and I get a lot of headaches. The good definitely outweighs The bad. I can take a lower dosage on easy days and still have a positive outcome. also take 150mg of Zoloft and 25 mg Wellbutrin"

HalfPint416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have been on this drug for about 9 days now. I started off with a pill twice a day for a week and now I'm taking it 3 times a day. Honestly my anxiety is still here full force. I depend on my girlfriend to go with me everywhere but now I have to get used to her being gone so now I've been getting more anxiety trying to go out and do stuff on my own. I just want to be happy and be able to go run my errands. Buspirone didn't even touch my anxiety. I became very angry and irritable and it's starting fights between me and my girlfriend. She had to leave me by myself today because my anger was stressing her out. I've developed an "I don't care" attitude and it has freaked me out. I'm done taking this drug. Everyone is different but be cautious."

Sarzself14 August 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I had a lot of stomach issues - IBS-D. I suspected it might be due to anxiety. Buspirone has made a huge difference. I can live a normal life without being in fear of the stomach issues coming up at the most inconvenient times. I feel comfortable eating out and going to people's houses. I used to take four immodium a day to control the stomach issues. Now, I rarely take it. Buspirone also had a very gradual effect...things kept getting better. I had to recently reduce the dose a bit as I'd get dizzy after taking it but it still works. Doctors had insisted that I try antidepressants first. The side effects (several brands and low doses) were awful and the medications didn't help."

Great! August 13, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Everytime I take my buspar my heart feels like it's pounding out of my chest for like an hour (eventually gradually it goes away) and my chest gets tight, I just started taking it 2-3 weeks ago and this just chest pounding thing only started happening about 7 days ago, it's starting to freak me out to the point where I might just stop taking it all together. Am I the only one who feels like my heart beats a million times a second on this drug? & what else is out there to help specific anxiety disorders?"

Jessica M M (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Its doesn't suit me ..when I take it I become angry, hyper and I have loss of appetite and more fear. Also my mouth opens very little while talking after taking busbin 5"

Tahir aily rizuvi August 7, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I just took 2 dosages 5mg .. in night and in morning. It has made tightness in chest as if I would collapse. Short to breath and so tight in head that I couldn't continue although that went away in about an hour both the times. I know it's effects come in long time.. but what I was feeling was unbearable."

Bhaskar Taneja (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Ive been on Buspar for about 6 months or so for anxiety. I first started off taking 5 mg 2 times a day. Then went to 10 mg 2 times a day. Lately I have a I do not care attitude! This is not me. I see my doctor tomorrow. I think I would rather be on the lower dose and still have some anxiety and care....rather than the I do not care attitude"

Patty D. August 4, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This is scary. Doctor put me on this 3 weeks ago. Made my depression horrible. Im extremly mean to my 2 year old. I have passed out twice one of which i crashed my car in a field! I have dry mouth, dizzyness, shaking, my body will jerk. I have a rash on my neck, constipation, insomnia. Im exhausted but just cant sleep. And that's all i want is to sleep!!! And ive probably eaten a handful of pretzles in the last week. I feel so sick all the time :( and im on a low dose!"

Mialynne121313 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I personally don't think it works that great however, I also take prozac and the buspar was prescribed to "boost" the prozac. Sorry to say but personally, I didn't notice a difference, I wish they would have just boosted up my Prozac instead. Also, I take 3 7.5 mgs a day of boat and 60 mg of prozac"

SheenaB (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I take 10mg twice a day, with food. Pamphlet says to take either with or without food, but be consistent. Only frequent side effect is tiredness, but I was always tired anyway. Infrequently I will get dizzy and nauseated for about 40 minutes after taking depending on how much caffeine I have had or how long after a meal I wait to take it. I noticed results after the first few doses, though I was warned that it may take longer. My mood has noticeably improved as well as my ability to handle day-to-day tasks like talking on the phone. I still have situational based anxiety, but that is more manageable than general anxiety. I have noticed that if I am a few hours late for a dose I get irritable for the next few doses."

xStarCyx (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I like that it calms me down but I'm sleepy all day. I don't like feeling sleepy, I have things to do. It does help me get a great nights sleep. I sleep like a rock but wake up still feeling drowsy. So anyway- may not take it anymore unless its at night from time to time since it works rather quickly with for me. Yawwnnnn!!! AC"

AGCP July 13, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "its helpful but doesn't cover the day"

waiting 4 happiness (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "It has done great for me. I used to "bite my kids' heads off" in the mornings and startle a lot easier, for examples. I can also take it in small doses at a time to keep from sleeping all day from the side effects."

W.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I've been on this medication for about eight months for both panic disorder and anxiety, 30 mg twice a day. Just so people know, it takes roughly six weeks to kick in fully, so if you haven't felt anything yet, you need to give it time before you try something else. While it does make me very tired after I take it for about 30-40 minutes, it doesn't make me chronically tired like I was while on antidepressants. A short nap definitely helps if I'm not doing anything in the morning. It's absolutely brought my level of anxiety way, way down to a manageable level, especially after getting to the maximum dose. I'm functioning normally for the first time in years and I love it."

Isneksjdnemsifjenndjdjd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "was on 20 mg Cipralex then doctor added q 150 Buspar within 2 weeks my anxiety and depression got a lot worse, trouble sleeping and uncontrolled shaking Not for me"

Petros 141 July 4, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Started a 90 day prescription right after I had my daughter and it was horrible. Gave me anxiety and terrible panic attacks. I had to hop in a cold shower once. I felt as if I was gonna have a heart attack or my chest explode. Just got prescribed wellbutrin hoping to have better luck."

Vero94 June 21, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "My anxiety was extremely bad and I had tried lexapro but the side effects for me were horrible; so my doctor started new on BuSpar. I've been on it now going on two weeks and I can say I do feel a slight difference. My anxiety is still there but not as bad... I'm still having attacks off and on but I'm going to stick with this and give it some more time. The only side effect I have is the dizziness but I've learned if I eat even just a piece of toast that it helps with that. Other than that no side effects. I say if your suffering give this a try and stick with it."

TJackson23 June 20, 2016

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I had depression for years and in that last 8 months that turned into anxiety that gave severe shoulder and abdominal pain , sweaty palms and pounding heart , ruined my career and my social life and affected my decision making . Finally after trying to fight it with out using medication I had to go see a doctor because I couldn't take it anymore , doctor gave me buspirone and recomanded 3x 5mg a day . I started with 1 5mg every 24 hours and I can tell a difference , I am calm and I sleep better . The physical pain is almost gone which I assume was happening due to surge of my stress hormones which are now under control . It has been 3 days of peace and quite and hope it stays this way ."

Yaz86 June 17, 2016

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "One week on, started full dose yesterday. 30m. No side effects, and no haziness. I get slightly dizzy but doesn't interfere with walking. I have tried 3 others before this, And each time I had flu symptoms, couldn't leave the bathroom, couldn't work or take care of my children. This medicine has been nothing but great for me, I haven't had a headache or the tremors for a few days which is already life changing! I can focus, and I have slowly realized that my mind is quieting down:) if nothing has worked for you, please give this a try! No addiction to it they say.. I'm excited that I feel this great:) I can't wait to see what next week and the week after is. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, which is a foreign feeling. Good luck:)"

Busparinlove June 13, 2016

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Ive been on 15 mg 2x daily for one week now. After taking Xanax for years, I tried to stop and ended up having a seizure and hospitalized for a few days. The doctors there prescribed me the buspirone, and I have not experienced any anxiety so far. I am now sleeping through the night which was a huge concern for me since I was going days with little to zero sleep. Only problem now is I could sleep all day! And I constantly have a dull headache. I try to ignore it and carry on, but its there all the time. I dont want to go back to benzos but they seem to have the best results.. I'll check back in a month with an update."

Nic.s. June 11, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Tried all the benzodiazepines with no luck. Then they tried Buspar and it changed my life."

kaube000 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I am on Buspar and 5 milligrams once a day I feel that if I take it all at once and it does not work I am so lost because I can't stand this dizziness nausea in my stomach my feet feel like they're falling out from underneath me I really am lost the doctor wants me to stay on it but I do not want to up it because I feel like I keep going through these side effects over and over again every day due to the fact of it being Half-Life what do I do from here"

charscared (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I recently started to use this drug, as I was diagnosed with a chronic illness and realized much of my pain was coming from anxiety. I have only been on it for a week, but I love it! I felt the effects the first day I took it. My doctor also told me that it is one of the safest out there and that he rarely even recommends benzos anymore due to this drug. I did get a little dizzy at first, so I stared taking halves. Anxiety was beginning to take over my life, I was anxious about anxiety. I can say that this stuff actually works!!!!"

Wvugirl2 June 5, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been taking Buspar for a year. I feel like I can mange my life better when I'm on it. I can cope so much better with my life's stressors, especially the ones related to taking care of my daughter, who has autism. I used to get overwhelmed easily. With the busar I am more patient, not explosive or impulsive. Also, I used to have so many negative or catastrophic as automatic thoughts all the time. On Buspar I rarely have them. Buspar has worked great for me."

KellyBondGirl June 4, 2016

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've recently been stricken with anxiety, starting in January, after some hard events. I went from an excitable, coffee loving, caffeine addict, to a nervous wreck. I can't have more than 20mg of caffeine without having a severe panic attack...it's nuts..I'm a freaking barista. With Buspirone, I'm heart palpitation, and chest pain free. When it first kicked in, I immediately felt physically lighter. It was amazing! And I realized, that's exactly when the medicine kicked in for the first time. Gonna stick with it to see if I can eventually have caffeine again and be way less nervous over all!"

Caristonia (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016