User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 4)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Borderline Personality Disorder
4.3

Summary of Buspirone reviews 6.2 697 reviews

Reviews for Buspirone

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "This medication did not do any good for me. It was prescribed to help with my anxiety. The only thing that I noticed while taking the medicine is the severe migraines that it would cause me."

Snk88602 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

For Anxiety: "This medication is great!! I've been suffering severe anxiety for three years now, and I finally decided to get on some medication for it. Zoloft didn't work for me, and made me feel horrible, so we tried buspar next. The only side effects I got was slight dizziness and feeling fuzzy for the first three days and then I was fine. I'm definitely way less anxious now, and it was great. I suggest giving it a try if its just anxiety and not depression, cause that's what things like Zoloft focus on."

A very anxious person (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

For Anxiety: "I have been fighting High BP and anxiety for 11 year with no relief. Tried every class of BP meds and SSIR meds. Its early yet but my BP is down from 170/100 to 130/80. I just switched to Buspar 10 mg twice a say, Nifedipine 30 mg and 0.5 mg clonazepam. I'm praying this is the magic bullet. Don't give up!"

male 56 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

For Anxiety: "Feel very uncomfortable, shaking, feels like pulses/shocks through my body, doesn't help what my #worthlessDoctor said it would."

Cmpicsnvids (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

For Anxiety: "Have been taking 5mg twice a day for the last 4 days, stopped taking it today. It was like I had drank 6 Redbulls. Jittery, sweating, dizzy, nauseous, twitching. The Welbutrin I take is awesome, not a single side effect, but needed something more for some anxiety. But I had to stop taking this, just waaaay to gnarly even for a bigger guy like me."

James Morgan (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I love this drug! I started 4 yrs ago when I was just starting recovery from sex addiction and childhood sexual abuse and trauma, and I started out on just 5 mg/day. Within a week, I noticed my anxiety significantly lessen. Within 3 weeks, I was able to stop compulsively having sex with a new guy every week. It helped me get my life back on track, and about 9 months later, I finally started taking it as prescribed (5mg twice per day,) and the difference was even more significant. I slept better, had fewer racing thoughts, and I stopped obsessing about my therapist as much. It didn't cause any weight gain and had virtually no side effects after the initial blurry vision for the first few days. Highly recommend Buspar!"

OliviaBat July 29, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've been on this for 2 days so far. 7.5mg twice a day. Every time I take this, I feel weak, shaky, and like I need to lay down because I think I'm going to faint. I've notice a slight change in my worries so far but only because nothing major has happened. I hope the side effects go away because I have horrible anxiety and I don't want to take xanex due to my brothers addiction to them and my grandpas anxiety that made him out of it so it worries me. If this doesn't work I don't know what else to do. I hope this works for people who have severe anxiety like me that avoids anything social, worries constantly, racing thoughts, etc."

Jasminerd (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have been on Buspar for about 2 months now for anxiety from keppra. It seems to work sometime but when I get an anxiety or panic attack it hits hard. I was on 5mg twice a day and now my dose is really high. Like today it seems to have no effect. And I'm always lightheaded dizzy fogged out feeling. And my other doctor said to try Xanax."

theplacetobe234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed this drug for anxiety I took it home and managed to take it for 2 days but immediately noticed severe insomnia that after two days made me stop taking it. On top of the inability to sleep despite feeling tired I had absolutely zero appetite. In the little over 48 hours I had only managed to eat a handful of cherries... However when I was on the drug I did notice less irritability and increased fatigue which I attributed to not sleeping or eating."

Josephw1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started talking this medication last Monday and was only on it for 4 days before I had to quit. I had so many of the different side effects of this drug like lack of appetite, stomach upset, extremely worse anxiety than I had before I started and extreme drowsiness during the day but insomnia at night. It was an absolute nightmare for me but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work for someone else."

Cyndi16 July 22, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've been on Buspirone for many years. I also take Lamotrigine (Lamictil). I have a less anxiety but a lot of social anxiety still. What I didn't connect, until reading a lot of fellow Buspirone takers here, is that the faintness I get (feeling like I'll pass out if I don't sit) and also about every 3 months I get the dizzyness. Sometimes when I lay down in bed the ceiling looks like it's spinning wildly. I always have to bring snacks with me everywhere for those times of faintness. I thought they were just how I am normally. I'll have to check with my doctor. I'd have thought she'd have brought that up before :( I don't remember if I had the other symptoms of some here, with the headaches and nausea. Too long ago."

Cathychocolatelover July 20, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started out on 5 mg, 3 times day and am now at 10 mg 3-4 times a day. I've experienced no side effects. I do feel less anxiety (constant worry, easily irritated), but feel it come back about 5 hours later. It has taken the edge off of social anxiety but has taken about 2 months to get there. It is a mild anti anxiety med. It doesn't make you feel drugged or spaced out. It helps to give you the ability to stop the anxious thoughts but doesn't seem to do it all for you. I have ADD as well and take Wellbutrin along with Buspar. I have taken Lexapro and although it does wonders for anxiety it also caused me to feel a bit manic over time. Lexapro also wiped out my memory. I have a grandson now and I want to remember and be at my best for him."

Alisann (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

For Anxiety: "How this "medication" ever got approved is beyond me. In my case, I have been taking the maximum dose allowed (60 mg per day) for months, and my reaction is a big yawn. Zip, nada nothing. Doesn't help with anxiety, and forget my panic attacks. Too bad my docs refuse to give me Xanax (alprazolam) any more... guidelines! I guess I'm supposed to chew on a stick when I get anxiety or panic attacks. Right."

Chuck-e (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

For Anxiety: "I started Buspar 2 days ago, I'm not sure if is working, my personal situation is creating chaos in my life and anxiety and panic attacks are everyday occurrences. I'm having serious problems to be able to sleep after 2 am ( always woke up and can't go back to sleep). Today I'm trembling and have terrible headache, nausea and tiredness. I don't know if continue this med or stop it before I get worse. Can anybody experience this side effects the first days and then got better???, I don't know what to do and I can't stand still."

Leahkana (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "Wow. This drug really restored my ability to have an orgasm. I have been complaining about Lexapro destroying my sex drive to my doctor since I started Lexapro. It was getting to the point where I had to choose between a sex life and my sanity. Unfortunately, my doctor didn't do anything about it. I was the one who had to ask if I could take Buspar, after internet research. Lexapro reduced my social and generalised anxiety by, I would say, 80%. Buspar restored my ability to have an orgasm, and also seems to be reducing my anxiety even further. I know everyone reacts differently to these medications differently, but if you are having these issues, I would give this a try."

PersonPersonPerson82 July 8, 2017

For Anxiety: "I experienced my very first Anxiety attack three months ago, stemming from stress from work and eventually from fear of dying (provoked by the symptoms of the attacks). I began to fear nights, because they occurred at night, preventing me from properly sleep. I went two months without seeking medical help, until I did. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. They prescribed me BuSpar/Busporine; I've been on it for a little over a month now (7.5m.g. twice a day) and OH MY GOSH, it saved my life. I haven't had an anxiety attack since the first day I began taking it! The first week, the only side effects I got were feeling groggy in the morning, but at night when you take it they do help you immensely to fall asleep."

5fragments July 5, 2017

For Anxiety: "I just started this, I am on my third day my Anxiety has not gotten any better. I am wondering how long it takes to help? I just want to feel like my old self again."

tillockm (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

For Anxiety: "Thought this was a miracle drug for me. At first I was taking 5 mg a day twice a day with no side effects. NO SIDE EFFECTS, it was a dream! Since I tried all the SSRIs with no luck, due to intolerable side effects I had very high hopes. Once day six came around I started to feel the drug working more. That night I came home after working two 12 hour shifts back to back, and I had the worst insomnia of my life. I have NEVER EVER had trouble sleeping after my twelve hour shifts. I was up for almost 24 hours it was so bad and I was absolutely exhausted and miserable. Needless to say, I deemed the insomnia not worth taking this drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "This medication did not work for my anxiety. BuSpar actually allowed my anxiety to increase with severe insomnia and vivid dreams. It also caused severe stomach and intestinal problems. I also experienced dizziness irritability and incoordination. There are other symptoms from BuSpar these are the main ones that caused me to stop taking the drug."

Iron Ang June 29, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was on 15 mg of buspirone for many months. I recently lost my job and have a lot of anxiety and depression. I am seeing a psychiatrist who said my dose was too low and upped it to 60 mg a day. I still don't feel like it is working. I am also on Zoloft. I still am having a lot of anxiety. Years ago I was on Ativan and it was a miracle drug for me. I would like to stop the buspirone and just take the Ativan as needed. I see my psychiatrist in a couple weeks and am going to suggest that. I also have the feeling of a huge lump in my throat that I know is stress related."

Rockmej (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Developed anxiety and panic again after not having it for 30 years. Could have been triggered by an attack of vertigo. Dr. put me on Buspar 10mg twice a day. I was also on Prozac 20 mg once a day and Clonopin 0.5mg once at night for years and felt just fine. The Buspar made me spacey and did not help the anxiety. They reduced it to 5mg twice a day. Still a little spacey and did not help anxiety. Upped my Clonopin to an extra 0.5mg in morning and 0.25mg in afternoon. Buspar is not helping. Going to ask my doctor to change to something else. Been on it almost a couple of months. Any help anyone can give me? Thanks so much. I am also afraid to be alone at home since hubby works 2nd shift but is going to 1st shift next week which will help."

lmp1954 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been on this for about 3 weeks now. At first I thought it was helping my anxiety a bit but then I realized it was just making me tired and loopy after I took it, and that's worn off now (which is good but now I realized it wasn't helping). Giving it 3 stars because it didn't hurt me except for the tired loopy feeling, and I can't orgasm easily at all. Also my appetite is gone so I've lost some weight, which is nice except having no appetite meant I wasn't taking in enough calories so I was even more tired. Basically it was just pointless and didn't help."

YETI3000 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I used buspar 5mg once every few years. It's very good for me and very mild. I tried double dosage once and I was groggy. But on 5mg, I was perfectly normal. When I get my anxiety attack (once every decade or so) my hands shake, can't eat, color of my face goes pale.... but immediately soon after taking buspar, I feel much better. Please note that these medication don't work just as well on everybody. The nature of psychotropic medication would work wonders on one person, and horribly or not at all one another person. You gotta keep trying until you find something that works for you."

WackyGuy (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

For Anxiety: "I was very nervous to take any medication but after trying therapy, some meditation & self-help. I decided to try buspirone. Other stuff helped to some extent. I was so anxious. To start I split 7.5 pills in half and started at 7.5mg a day. After a month I increased it to 3 times a day. Again I split 7.5 in half so I'm taking 3 times a day for a total of 11.25 mg a day total current dosage last (6) months Pros: I did start to feel less anxious, I didn't like overreact to stress like I used to. I still get anxious but its prob decreased by about 60-70% which is fine. Some anxiety is fine. I'm glad I take it. Cons: Do feel tired especially first month or two and sometimes still. I currently added Bupropion (Wellbutrin) for depression."

ANxiousGuy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2017

For Anxiety: "Started taking the lowest dose, when that seemed ineffective the doctor upped the dosage, a few times. The entire time I was on the medication I had horrible dizzy spells. I had to time my taking it just right so I would be able to drive to work safely. At first I felt better. I was hoping this was the medicine that would help me with my anxiety. I had hope my body would "get used to it" and the dizziness would eventually end. That never happened. I gave it a full year (I know now how ridiculous that was). During this time period I also had really negative thoughts that I absolutely believe were linked to the medication. I have been off of it and on a different medication for almost a year now and can finally see what it was doing to me."

BeaMartin June 20, 2017