User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 4)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 10 reviews 15 medications

Panic Disorder 60 reviews 19 medications

5.8
Summary of Buspirone reviews 576 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Buspirone

For Anxiety: "For GAD I take 10mg once a day in the afternoon currently. I've been on this dose for approx 2 months and the only side effect is bad lightheaded slightly dizzy feeling approx 30 minutes after taking it which lasts for 30min to 1 hour. I was hoping it would go away after taking it for awhile but the dizziness comes on like clockwork after taking it. It greatly helps my anxiety in the evening after taking it but my anxiety returns mid morning. I'm not sure I could take a morning dose because of the side effect of being light headed for awhile. If I could get past the dizziness this medication causes and get to a 10mg 2x a day I think it would greatly improve my GAD 24x7."

Anonymous520 October 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "My body is hyper sensitive to all medicines. I've had horrible experiences with all SSRI's. I take 15mg of buspar. I take all 3 pills at once before sleep. It helps calm my body down. I can say it's slightly helped and helped with my depression. I suffer from severe anxiety attacks that always result in intense dry heaving and diarrhea. (UGH I REALLY HOPE TO BEAT THIS ONE DAY!!) Because of the severity of my anxiety I do take other things to help level me out. I'm on a low dose of xanex (which I regret, I can't get off without crazy withdrawal symptoms.) I also take 50mg of 5htp at night, and recently magnesium every other day which I'm starting to feel a difference with. Hope this helps! Consult a doctor and see what works for you!!"

NorthHeart October 2, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Dr prescribed for anxiety...Took 1 pill...had brain zings, trouble sleeping palpitations...will never take again.."

stik (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Have had some anxiety for the second time in my life. The first time I did well with Xanax as needed and also Ambien as needed. I got through the rough patch and didn't need anything anymore for almost 2 years now. Right now it's been slowly coming back due to some stress back in my life. So I went and they gave me Ambien, which I do well with and Buspirone. I took it (only 5mg) today at 2pm. 30 mins later I started feeling very off, like my anxiety was getting worse every minute. My heart started racing, I was sweating all the sudden and when I tried to sit down and drink some water, my hands were so shaky that I could barely drink it without spilling. I was TERRIFIED!!! Went to the ER and my heart rate 204. Never take this horrific med!!"

Blondie78645yahoo October 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I took busprione for three weeks I quit taking it because the side affects were to much. After I got off it I had non stop headaches for two weeks and still going. I have never had these headaches before in my life until I stop taking this medication. I was so worried that I got a CT scan just to make sure I was fine. Dr told me everything check out but the headaches are still coming."

Alexander19465 September 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "23 male, been taking buspar for 3 years now for anxiety/ocd with intrusive thoughts. I originally started with 10mg 2x a day. Took about 2-3 weeks to take effect, after that I really noticed a difference in my anxiety and intrusive thoughts. It really helped me get through the day and feel normal. I occasionally still had panic attacks that would eventually pass with drinking a bunch of water and sometimes taking an extra "helper" dose. Recently switched to 3x a day still at 10mg since the med doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. Still occasionally take a "helper" dose to fall asleep. Side affects were/still are antsy legs, dizziness, drowsiness, and extreme appetite all for only about 30 min. Overall better than anti-depressants."

Tryingtofeellikeakidagain (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "My mild anxiety had been building for yrs when I decided to seek help for it. At that time, I had only experienced one panic attack after a health scare (heart palps from over exercising). It wasn't until I sought help to control my stress that I was prescribed Prozac. Started having panic attacks and taken off. Started taking buspar. 1st few wks were really rough (brain zaps). It kept me from having panic attacks but I still experienced moderate anxiety every day. After 8 wks, I started to experience depression for no reason and intrusive thoughts. Nothing like I ever experienced before. So I went back down, depressive thoughts came back. Tapered off. Lightheadedness, ear ringing and brain fog persisted the entire 3 mo. I was on it."

Anxnomore September 27, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've been on buspar 15 days now. I can't say as if yet if it has helped alot or not. It's not bad but I have noticed certain things I go through that I'm not sure if it's side effects or just my anxiety. Like I feel drowsy about 30 minutes after. I've noticed tingly or itchy sensation in hands, feet, arms (different times). Also more headaches than before I started buspar. LightheadedNess even though I've felt that way before taking it. Upset stomach, or nausea. Sharp sensation in different places. Oh yes and definitely noticed wierd dreams. The reason I rate a five is because I do feel like it brings a calmNess over me and my racing thoughts aren't so bad and after the first week I can see that it keeps me tired more and I do sleep better."

Punchie September 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have worked in the pharmacy going on 22 years. I hate taking medicine! However Buspar saved my life. I am prescribed Buspar 10: 1 tab twice daily (12 hours apart). I take it for anxiety (Severe chest pain, worry wart). I have experienced these chest pains that started in my late teens. As I got older, the chest pains got worse, to the point it would take my breath away. I played with the dose & after 2 years...I only take 1 tab at bedtime. Once in a blue moon I will take a morning dose if my chest starts to feel heavy. If you have doubts or concerns, please talk to your pharmacist. A dr sees only his patience, a pharmacist sees ALL patients from every walk of life. I have also lost weight because now I sleep through the night. Down 12 lbs"

Crisdmccoyyahoo.com September 16, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I am taking SSRI to help me deal w my job, and daily life stressors. I switched from Zoloft to buspar approximately 3 weeks ago, due to side effects. I have sleep issues due to being a night shift person, and probably anxiety, so I'm on Ambien as well. Lately, I'm having worse sleep problems, and having weird dreams. I've read, Buspar can cause insomnia. Planning on taking my dose all at once during my waking hours. Anyone taking it just once a day? And what's your experience. Thank you."

Ecflo54 September 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "My experience with buspirone is that it gave me horrible headaches, but on the occasions I don't get a headache, I REALLY like the way bispirone makes me feel- chill. I was on Zoloft & lexapro and all those did for me was make me nauseated. W/ buspirone, iwould break the tablet into .5 & sometimes go up to 15, Even with food and water intake. Anyone else whose had this experience w/ buspirone, please share your story whether it's similar or different- would love the feedback. & anyone with the same head ache side affects, how do you go with treating that? Also, If you've had success with taking buspirone & Xanax together or within the same day, please advise Xo"

Katel (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "You have to take this for about a month before you will notice a difference in your anxiety. Please don't take anyone else's medications. It's illegal and unsafe. Work closely with your MD to find the dose that's right for you and it can help a lot. I'm an ER nurse. It worked for me. Peace!"

LessStressed (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Buspar has been a godsend for me. First, was on 10mgs twice a day. Now I'm on 15mgs twice a day. No side effects and I've had no need for benzos since. On one year now."

Novelista (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2016

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "This medicine is useless. I suffer from extremely bad panic attacks an have been in and out the hospital everyday for 3 days. This medicine made everything worse. I'd wake up multi times if I could even go back to sleep to go back to the ER at 2am. I don't know if it's a real medicine or a water/sugar pill, but it doesn't work for panic attacks. They say you can force your self to believe a medicine can work or not work, not in this case it DOESNT work. Benzodiazepines may me abused an bad for you, but it's better then asking someone who is suffering like us to use medicine that don't work at all for most people."

Bear 37 September 9, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "It didn't help at all with the panic attacks and actually made my anxiety worse. The first few weeks it would just put me to sleep. After four weeks I became very depressed and had suicidal thoughts constantly throughout the day. It gave me horrible headaches, it made me really dizzy all the time and I felt lightheaded and nauseous often. After four weeks I could not sleep at all and my anxiety increased along with the panic attacks. I don't recommend this medicine for anyone who has suffered PTSD or who has had high anxiety levels for a long time. It just makes things worse. After five weeks I stopped taking this medication I could no longer handle the side effects."

Stillneedhelp (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have never written a drug review but am now in hope of helping those who feel as apprehensive as I do about meds. I suffer from anxiety and was prescribed Buspar and out of fear didn't try it for 4 mos. By request I was given the lowest dose, 5 mg BID. One day I got up the nerve to try it after speaking with 2 pharmacist getting the ok to safely break it down. I broke it into eights, which was around 62mg, not enough to do anything but they were sympathetic to my reluctance, I went up an 8th every couple of days. I am now on 7.5 BID. I had no side effects minus slight tiredness, I attribute the easy transition to slowly going on it. I have been on it 3 weeks now, I can't tell a huge difference so I am hoping more time is what in needed."

Doesnotlikemeds September 6, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I was worried because an ingredient is lactose, and I am lactose intolerant, but the doc said it would be fine and it is. The problem is for an hour or so after taking it I get bad brain "zaps" and dizziness. Luckily no bad nausea or anything, but the zaps are bothersome and would keep me from driving. I only take 5mg at a time. This is unfortunate because I think it is helping my disorder (Functional esophageal dysphasia/dyspepsia) it was prescribed for. I've had a little less stomach pain and trouble swallowing on it."

CBar1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed Buspar for anxiety. If I knew that Buspar had the side effects that I got, I would never drink it. I drank it for 4 days only and it almost got me killed. I started having panic attacks, I could hardly breath, I had electric shocks, brain zaps, horrible medicine. I quit right away. Little I knew that quitting even after 4 days would cause side effects. I could not sleep for 2 weeks afterwards, I thought I was dying. Horrible medicine. I will never drink any anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medicin that is not natural!!!!"

Nadia GEO September 2, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I started 10mg today and I feel so loopy, my mouth is very dry, and kind of anxious and my head is hurting after 1 dose. I don't know if I will take a 2nd dose. I was prescribed 10mg 2x day."

Kconrad1112 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've been on this for two weeks. I went to my doctor because I was experiencing anxiety and worry way to often, for too long. I tried to manage it on my own, but the feelings persisted. I made an appointment for a psych, but the wait was three months. I assumed I had to go to a psych for medication management but a friend told me my doctor could prescribe something. My doctor gave me a script for 7.5 mg twice a day. Soon after, the constant knot in my stomach and consistent worry subsided. I see that people say it takes a while for this to work, but I feel like I had pretty quick results. I have had no side effects on this med thus far."

2885Lola August 22, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was recently prescribed Cymbalta for depression. It helped but I felt very jittery and anxious on it. My doctor added Buspar and now I feel very much calmer and in control. I take 30 mgs twice a day."

Dan9447 August 21, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I just started taking buspirone today and I hate it, my heart feels like it's going to explode my leg won't stop shaking I feel even more antsy my stomach feels bloated my mouth would open a little bit I believe it even affects my mood because I ended up having 0 tolerance for anything. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone and I just started it today. It's 10mg twice a day I will not continue taking this no matter what the doctor says."

Necee (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Anxiety was eating me alive! Finally I went to my Dr to ask for help. I started with 7.5 mg twice a day and she worked me up to 15mg twice a day. I feel so much better! I'm sleeping like a log now because anxiety is not keeping me awake or waking me up. I do feel hot and a little shaky about 20 minutes after I take it but it don't last very long, maybe 30 minutes. I'm also losing some much needed weight. Probably because I'm not eating at night since I'm actually sleeping through the night for the first time in my life! This stuff changed my life for the better!"

Carolyn Riggs August 20, 2016

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've only taken buspar 7.5 for 2 days now, I've been prescribed 7.5 2x day, but until the side effects go away, I'm not about to take 2 a day. Within 20 minutes or so after taking (with food), my head starts whooshing and I'm very dizzy (almost feel drunk/high). It lasts about an hour then I feel better. Is this someone else has experienced? Is it something that will go away? Is the side effect an allergy to the drug? Basically, I'm taking to get rid of anxiety/ panic attacks and help me to need less xanax. With these side effects I'll need MORE xanax!! Lol "

Dizziness, head whooshing (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have been taking buspar for 4 months now and it has helped pretty well for my anxiety. I take 3 10mg a day. I mostly like it because it helps with the extra anxiety and slight depression i get from the come down off of my adderall i take for adhd every day too. The only side effects I've had from the buspar has been nausea but as long as i eat a little bit of food whenever i take them it subsides that pretty well so i would recommend it to anyone with the same situation."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2016