User Reviews for Ativan to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Ativan has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting. 69% of those users who reviewed Ativan reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Ativan Rating Summary

7.4/10 average rating

Compare all 169 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Ativan

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

“Don't you believe it! I was admitted to hospital for colitis. They gave me every nausea medicine and it didn't work then gave me Ativan. It didn't work either. The only reason they gave it to me was by then they thought my complaint was psychosomatic and wanted to prove me a liar by showing that Ativan stopped my symptoms so my complaints were not real only anxiety. Useless drug Ativan. Don't use it.”

blue-sky · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2018

“Ativan is a wonderful medicine. The people that abuse it, are ruining it for everyone. I got food poisoning followed by 3 rounds of what doctors called "stomach flu." They couldn't figure out how to help me. Ativan is the only thing that helped my nausea. The stomach issues I had also caused me anxiety that I never had in my life before. Ativan helped both nausea and anxiety with zero side effects. Took Ativan for 6 weeks then switched to Klonopin to wean off. Both of those meds are far better than any other SSRI which seem to have so many side effects.”

Ziggy marps · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2017

“This med. Was given as anti anxiety medication. Straight knocked me out an hour after taking. Girl friend took it. She some how functioned to go to work. I was completely unable to cut hair, even unable to get out of chair. Anxiety was gone. And u should only take this drug short term then wean off it.My girl friends Dr. doubled her dosage from 1mg to 2 mg and without it she completely freaked out, yelling, screaming at me. She completely changes her personality if without it. When she stopped taking it, it was like she was coming off heroine. Was a worse situation coming off it, Dr. Did not lower her dose slowly, nor gave her something that could help her come off it. Mixed with cymbalta? Even worse. Mass hallucinations, both bad drugs.”

Anonymous March 17, 2012

“Lorazepam is the only thing that touches my nausea after having chemotherapy and for break-through nausea from the chemo. I was not aware that this was a medicine used for nausea until my Dr. prescribed them for me and told me to dissolve them under my tongue for the nausea. It almost always helps immediately and doesn't make me too drowsy to function. I just use 1mg. dosage and only when needed for the nausea and that is improving so I am very thankful.”

Optiaine · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2013

“Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)”

Anonymous March 18, 2012

“This is amazing! It helps so many things. But the 3 main ones are nausea, insomnia and panic disorder. I also have fibromyalgia. I do try to keep the dosage as low as I can. I am prescribed a 1 mg pill 4 times a day. I take 2 of those at bedtime with a muscle relaxer and I sleep all the way through the night. I try to keep it to only 3 pills a day. I also take 60 mg of Cymbalta a day. Combined with the Ativan it keeps me and my husband sane. I also do yoga 2 to 3 times a week and walk. Exercise is a must with fibromyalgia.”

Randi442 March 24, 2009

“I was completely non-functional as a result of persistent nausea (which seemed to be somewhat stress-related). A combination of therapy with Ativan, Phenergan and Reglan has allowed me to resume somewhat of a normal life.”

LeniRose December 23, 2014

“For post-chemo nausea, this works better than ondanestron (Zofran) for me.”

robbyyz January 10, 2009

“Great for anxiety. Not great alone for nausea. Works well with other drugs like Zofran though. Helps take the "panic" out of being sick.”

Miss thangggg · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2016

“Ativan helped with nausea tremendously.... I've been dealing with nausea for 8 months ...stress related ....”

7527 · Taken for 10 years or more May 13, 2016

“Have Gastroparesis. Gag reflex problem. Helps smooth the large muscles. Cannot tolerate side effects of Reglan. Use with Zofran at times.”

geo. May 14, 2012

“I have Menieres Disease and taking Ativan helps settle my balance down so I can go to work and function.”

lorina January 26, 2010

“Ativan is a great medication..It doesn't have any side effects..It really works!”

PlainJayne October 26, 2010

“This medication did not work at all to control my nausea. It made me intensely sleepy, but I was still nauseated.”

Learn more about Nausea/Vomiting