User Reviews for Xanax (Page 4)

Learn more about Xanax.

Panic Disorder 139 reviews 19 medications

9.1
Anxiety 336 reviews 63 medications

Depression 61 reviews 80 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 536 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Thankfully I only took this med for a few weeks and at the lowest dose possible. I was taking .25 mg 2-3 times a day for a few weeks until my long term anxiety medication started to kick in. This medication truly does help for extreme anxiety and panic attacks but should only be used short-term. The use of this medication for any longer than a month on a daily basis is a recipe for disaster, this drug can be very addicting and is really hard to come off after long-time use. Luckily I researched this drug and knew this shortly after taking it so I was aware, because the doctors never informed me of the risks."

lionsgirl616 November 27, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Powerful and fast relief from Panic Attacks. I've had to carefully balance benzodiazepines because the higher the dose, the more likely I'll suffer withdrawal related rebound effects. Right now I'm at .5 mg x 3 as needed. I've been as high as 6mg. Less is more. Still, I've not found anything as effective as an alternative. Xanax just works, and fast."

Inzomnia (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 16, 2015

For Anxiety "I was having difficulty coping after the death of my husband. Xanax helped me to put everything into perspective which allowed me to face enormous challenges. I rarely ever felt slow from the low dosage, only calm."

Elise Power November 16, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder, Hypochondria (Illness anxiety Disorder), an Eating Disorder, and Depression. All of the others stemmed mostly from the Panic Disorder. I was suffering so much that I could not function and became extremely agoraphobic to where I did not want to leave my room. I was scared to take medicine but it got to the point one day where I couldn't take it anymore and decided to give the Xanax my doctor gave me a try. It helped so much and I was finally able to calm down enough to think clearly. I got on Zoloft and continued taking Xanax until my anxiety and depression was manageable. Now I only need it every once in a while when the anxiety and obsessive thoughts get bad. Definitely helped me get on my feet."

bittybob141 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2015

For Anxiety "Its been 3 months now off Xanax ( was taking up to 4 mg a day for 2 years after brother killed himself) and I'm just now starting to feel like myself again. Coming off the xanax was the hardest thing I've ever done. I had to force myself to work and keep my job. I had good days and bad days (more bad than good). My symptoms were crazy. No sleep, headaches, shakes, twitching, pain everywhere, memory problems. If I knew how hard it is to come off benzo's, I never would have touched it. Short term use= ok. Stressful event=ok. If this helps one person, then yay. Please be careful! Don't end up detoxing off of a benzo and going thru hell for weeks or months. Research this med. Not fun!"

davycrocket (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I don't know how to explain the turmoil and suffering that I went through in the mid nineties even after a perfect childhood at 17 years old. I found myself 79 pounds in the hospital because I could not eat I could not sleep and I could not function, however misdiagnosed as an eating disorder and depression it took me quite a few times to even go to a doctor that noticed I may be a bit nervous. I bet that was an understatement. Because I keep getting slack about the medication I have tried kalanapin which brought me out like a teenager and did not work for me. I have tried valium which was way too strong for me. I have been on this medication for over 15 years and have never had to up my dosage not once and it still works. "

Amy Love (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I take "Xanax" prescribed by my Doctor. Not everyday though. Sometimes. For helping me sleep when my thoughts are going crazy and my imagination is wild. It does help for sleep. Addictive if you take it everyday."

Manhattangirl November 10, 2015

For Anxiety "I had Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Xanax is the only drug I've found that works to alleviate the symptoms. I take .25mg no more than twice a week and within 20 minutes I feel calm and relaxed. Combine it with yoga and meditation and all your worries are gone. I like to take a .25mg pill and immediately do some yoga and meditate for 20 minutes. By the time you're done meditating you'll feel great for a couple hours. It helps just knowing the pill is there if I want it. I actually find that I take it much less than twice a week, only 1 or 2 times a month if that. I have no other side effects that I notice."

charger1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been on and off Xanax for years! I've only always took 1/2 of 0.25mg to take the edge off when I felt my anxiety coming on and if I knew I was going to do something out of my comfort zone! It has helped me tremendously. I concentrate better and it actually helps my stuttering. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and I'm constantly dealing with stressful situations! I love my job and never could have done it without Xanax. I hate that it gets a bad wrap because people abuse it! I have never even come close to abusing it and use it for what it's for! Throughout the years I've tried all other anti anxiety medications and Xanax is the only one that helped me! It's almost like I have a chemical imbalance and Xanax corrects it!"

Opie21995 (taken for 10 years or more) October 28, 2015

For Anxiety "This pill works miracles for me. It is completely effective against all of my anxiety. It also makes me feel less OCD. I no longer obsess over thoughts or worry while I am on this. Xanax unleashes my creativity. I play guitar, write music and draw a lot. I used to do all these things but have thought I lost interest because I had no inspiration. I have no side effects except some memory loss and tiredness. I wish my doctor would up my prescription, I am on 2 mg a day and for the past nine months I have always finished my prescription in 1 - 2 weeks. But this does well for keeping tolerance low and avoiding addiction and dependence. I am on it for 2 weeks and then off until my refill."

Travis19945 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was put on Xanax twenty years ago to treat anxiety/panic. I took a small dose four times a day. After three years it lost its effectiveness and I chose to go off it. Weaning became the single worst experience of my life full of awful experiences. I was put on Paxil to treat the absolutely disabling panic/anxiety and depression I fell into."

DWT62 October 24, 2015

For Anxiety "Xanax has given me my life back. I suffer from severe anxiety a few times a year, for no reason. I've been given other Benzos that leave me feeling like a zombie. I can take a tiny amount (and I'm talking 1/2 0.25) of Xanax and it calms me down enough to enjoy life."

Best Out There For Anxiety (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

For Depression "Began taking xanax during a time when my one and only child left home for college and I lost my job a month later. It allowed me to cope and move forward. The most I ever took was 1 mg per day, but I now take .25 when I have periodic depression and anxiety. I sometimes go 6 weeks without taking one. The best way to describe it is like rebooting your mind. Life saver for me."

DEW3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

For Anxiety "I like to think of this as headache medicine. Take only when you have one. This medicine should be used in emergencies only. It is not for taking everyday. For that I recommend something that has a longer shelf-life-that takes longer to break down, like Klonopin. Because of Xanax short wait time and short shelf-life, it can make you feel like an addict. If you forget a dose, in less than 4 hrs you can experience WORSE symptoms of anxiety because they come without warning or provocation. Instant panic attacks, inability to think or work, etc. However, as a panic attack reducer or for the instant release of an intense anxiety-related event, I do highly recommend it."

Rachel143 October 13, 2015

For Anxiety "Do not use if you have acute anxiety. I've had lifelong daily anxiety and depression that has never gone away. I ended up dropping out of school because I couldn't sit still without having a full blown panic attack shaking. My head spins all day and my anxiety causes me migraines. I've tried yoga meditation and all natural remedies. I've come to terms with the fact it is genetic. I didn't know xanax existed. I've tried all antidepressants and they messed me up pretty bad. But I do have a very high tolerance to this medicine. I hate that its addicting because its the only thing that makes me feel normal and able to live my life happy."

laurel l. (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2015

For Anxiety "I had anxiety that would tighten my muscles so tensely, especially in my jaw, my neck, my throat and between my shoulders. My doctor prescribed me a small dose as needed. I wish I'd known that this is what I needed. I felt such relief, my thoughts and muscles relaxed and the next day I felt like a million bucks. I'm aware that there are some addictive problems for some people, happily after that one night of relaxation its like I was freed from a tormenting chamber and I didn't feel need for more. I have it on hand and have used it a couple times, but have felt nothing of the intense pain I'd known before. I can think more clearly just from those few nights/days of relief in the three months I've had it."

At Last Relief October 11, 2015

For Anxiety "This drug literally saved my life. Before I started taking it, there was no quality of life left. I would get so nervous around people I couldn't go out into public at all, had severe panic attacks all of the time... I've dealt with this my entire life, and it took me 17 years being put on every anti depressant/mood stabilizer/even anti psych meds except anti anxiety meds (because doctors are too afraid to prescribe them...we have a lot of junkies here) I finally found a doctor who understands me. I take 1mg xanax 3 times a day and 1,200 mg of lithium a day. This medication has changed my life. I no longer struggle with my life, I feel like for the first time I have total control and it feels great."

MH111982 October 7, 2015

For Anxiety "Xanax is a great medicine that has been under a lot of flack recently because of irresponsible individuals who give it a bad name. I have been taking it for over two years now in an on/off fashion and sometimes for a few months at a time; however, I always take a few days every week to flush it out. My anxiety issues stem from a traumatic childhood making me miss out on a lot of GREAT opportunities throughout life, opportunities that Xanax is helping me take advantage of today. I am a very active male, I run and lift regularly and what I noticed about Xanax from the get go is that I had an extremely high tolerance to it. I take 1.5mg of Xanax and .1mg of Clonidine due to this fact - WARNING -clonidine has bad side effects when stopped cold"

Trieditanditworked (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I've been taking this medication for a long time. 10 yrs..!! I wasn't warned about the memory problems, or any way of becoming addicted. I can happily say, it has helped me, I even went into agoraphobia stage. Also, from my own personal experience. Be very careful in taking this medication. I actually saw, for myself, how bad the memory problems can be. When I experienced that. I went to my Dr an said, I wanted ween myself off, but slowly, not stupid either. I've have been addicted to this medication, but u have to realize, our brain, our mind, is powerful than we give it credit for. I was using 0.5mg 6-8 times a day. I'm now, down to 3 & a half times per day, I'm getting better again"

Nickels1973 September 27, 2015

For Anxiety "Xanax is amazing! In 20 minutes it will completely take away all of your anxiety and/ or problems and everything will be ok. Life goes on! The only problem is that Xanax has such a short half life, that in 6 hours it goes away, and your brain wants more. If you take it daily watch out! That little pill can ruin your life. In prison they will only give med's to people detoxing from alcohol or benzo's. Bc it can kill you! Short term, stressful event like flying or giving a speech or a panic attack- will do you good. Try not taking your Xanax for a few days and see how you feel? Or run out of your prescription a few days early. Let me say..its not fun. Please be responsible and try meditation or working out. Stay away from alcohol/stims"

benzobuddy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2015

For Depression "I've been on and off Xanax for 22 years. It's the only drug that makes me feel normal after a lifetime of anxiety and depression. It's awful that people use it recreationally and that's made it difficult to get a prescription for it because of others abuse of it. It makes me feel normal. So obviously I need it. I have nothing but good things to say about this drug. It helps me not want to freak out and shake due to anxiety. If you really need to be on it, it's amazing."

It's worked for me September 10, 2015

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was prescribed this med because I lost my dad very suddenly recently and suffered my first full blown panic / anxiety attack . The attack itself was the usual numbness and tingling sensation . Hard time breathing and impending doom thoughts . I was told to take on a as needed basis so that's what I did . I started to have the strangest things happening to my body , flu like symptoms with hot and cold flashes and pain ALL OVER! My usually high blood pressure kept falling and I was dizzy and lightheaded . My doctor attributes it to anxiety and directed me to take more ! So we upped my dose and OMG the pain was worse !! Now I know I might just be sensitive to this drug but my friend had the exact same experience with it . So beware !"

Missris (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For Panic Disorder "When I'm at my worst or I literally have so many racing thoughts or I get to agitated I take a half or 1mg, smoke tobacco and I'm fine, it's amazing I have not found this drug addictive, I only need it when I'm thinking or on a anxiety attack. Going to a psychiatrist and am hopefully going to be prescribed it, it has blessed me and made me think clear thoughts without over thinking. Best suited if your diagnosed with adhd, anxiety, panic attacks."

good for anxiety/panic attacks (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Panic Disorder "Xanax is all too popular for its strong calming effects with rapid onset. I do not recommend this as a daily medication at all. I in fact advise to use Xanax as least as possible. It is one of the hardest drug to kick. Abrupt discontinuation call either kill you or make you loose your mind and body. Used sparingly (for flights, funerals etc) it is mostly helpful but in a way a succubus of a drug. It'll lure you to think it's safe, fun and calming; but it will sooner or later create retrograde anxiety in between doses. A half-life of 6 hours is just asking for it..."

Alexander-X (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2015

For Anxiety "I have severe anxiety and at times, I can't even hold still. I completely avoid going out due to the severity of it. Tried 1mg of xanax under the tongue, and within ten minutes, I could feel the anxiety getting better. Zero negative side effects."

Stevo88 August 22, 2015