User Reviews for Xanax (Page 2)

Learn more about Xanax.

Depression 66 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 620 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "I was extremely against Xanax because of knowing people who abused it, and being someone who will try homeopathic cures before using prescriptions. That said, it really helps me. I have anxiety I would describe as anywhere from mild- severe depending on the day, and week. But sometimes I get in these intensely anxious thought patterns, where I cannot let go, its terrible.Taking medication during these periods is a god-send. It allows me to return back to my normal non-anxious self. I rarely have noticed sleepiness as an effect of the medication- only when I was already sleepy before taking it. If you don't abuse your dose, it shouldn't cause you to feel out of it or have memory loss, if you truly suffer from anxiety. That's my experience"

hulahoopinghannah June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "One day, out of the blue, I felt lightheaded ; I was nauseous, my legs were tingling and a horrible fear over took me. I had every physical test taken. All were negative. Finally, totally desperate and afraid I'd have another attack, I went to 2 psychiatrists. Both diagnosed Panic Disorder. (Found out it runs in my family. ) Was put on amitriptyline, Prozac, Busbar, Paxil. I stuck each one out for 6 weeks. The nausea was horrible and the anxiety debilitating. Finally I met a psychiatrist who put me on Zanax ( .5 mg 4 to 5 times a day and 25 mg of Zoloft. My life improved immediately. He said he hoped the Zoloft would end the panic attacks but it took a combination of both meds. I take .5 Xanax 3 times a day. I'm alive again!"

Ponyguy99 June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm 21 years old and this medication gave me my life back. I have social anxiety, hypochondria, and occasional panic attacks. I'd immediately become stiff and uptight at all social events as well as at school. It got so bad that it affected my grades. After I take a Xanax, the anxiety simply vanishes and it's replenished with relaxation, tranquility, and stability. All the scary, racing thoughts stop and I begin to think more logically and calmly. I take 0.5 mg five times a day as needed. Xanax is also wonderful for muscle spasms."

Johnathan R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Took xanax for a month for anxiety and panic attacks. I took it 3 times a day (the lowest dosage) 0.25 mg in the morning, 0.25 mg in the afternoon, and 0.50 mg in the evening. First week seemed fine with little to no changes, but after that was torture. Horrible insomnia, nausea, and panic attacks got WAY worse. My psychiatrist added Adderall to the mix because of my ADHD. This is when the nightmare really started. I couldn't sleep for 4 days straight-- I had to miss work, I was threatening suicide in front of my family-- I was LOSING it. Couldn't keep anything down. The best way to describe it was like a bad trip that you were certain was never going to end. I tapered off of it, and felt normal again after 2 weeks. Please use caution"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was having many issues with anxiety attacks, panic attack. First started on 1mg 3 times daily.Then was having night terrors too.So I ended up on 2mg ,4 times daily and 2-3 pills of 2mg ativan at night .I got say not many doctors would give you that I would not ask!! I had an on job accident 3yrs prior to this and was on Oxycontin 60mg twice daily and 30 mg oxycode 6 times daily. Sounds like quite mix I know. But with proper monitoring it was a godsend. Pharmacist was not impressed but that's not his problem, his is to count and fill. If they wanted to be a Dr then that's their issue Moral is don't judge yourself by how a pharmacy makes you feel. Now I'm just on the 2mg of xanax and 1 mg of ativan and am normal thanks to a brave understanding Dr"

Steamroller4u2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Any drug can get a bad wrap because of some people abusing it. A lot of doctors don't even like prescribing Xanax because they don't want their patients getting "hooked". For me, I suffer from occasional anxiety attacks, and my prescription is "as needed". Anxiety attacks can be VERY scary. There were a few times I literally thought I was gonna die, it was that bad. I even went to the ER once because I believed I was having a heart attack. They are different for different people. I use to smoke and drink a lot of coffee, so I think that's what screwed up my body chemistry. I don't drink caffeine or smoke anymore. All I know is that now that I have my Alprazolam (Xanax) in my pocket, I'm not as scared to go places. I can live my life again."

Gavnzdad May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "After switching my medications three times, Xanax by far have made the most difference. Definitely works!"

Hannah Frederick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "This medication is great for anxiety and panic attacks when used correctly. Make sure you don't abuse it or mix with any downers. It says it's used for short treatment but it can (if monitor correctly) be used for long term if your doctor, physician or psychiatrist thinks it right for you. I'm very thankful for this medication for it has work wonderfully on reducing anxiety and takes away my panic attacks. (This is my opinion)"

Hi12345678910 May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been through many many years of anxiety. Couldn't drive a car, couldn't sit through a church service, torment. This drug helps me focus and function. People abuse it but it's a Godsend for people with real issues. Not everyone is a drug addict that needs xanax. I am 50 and a female and my life's been limited since a trauma at childhood. I have post traumatic stress disorder and anxiety to severe limits."

someday692 May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I started xanax 14 yrs ago after taking klonopin for years. My life changed for the better instantly. Before xanax I was trapped in my own mind constantly worrying instead of enjoying my family! It has now become a curse. For years been on 4 mg daily and I have severe panic attacks, depression, and insomnia. 50mg of trazodone for insomnia is not helping so I use my xanax to sleep, then I run out early leading to detox. I'm just going in circles! Discussed with my family about going to a detox center and starting over with other meds."

Luvdae (taken for 10 years or more) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Helps wth anxiety but makes me very sleepy, really can't take it if have a lot of work to do. I only take half a dose ."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax has saved my life. I have GAD, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD and major depressive disorder. This medication has made life worth living for me. I have been in therapy with a therapist, life coach and psychiatrist for 3-4 years now. I can tell you if the drug makes you drowsy or hungover, it's not for you. Also, the therapeutic dosage should not exceed 3 mg per day, ideally around 1 mg per day. As long as you stay in therapy and see your psychiatrist regularly you will not become "addicted" or whatever else people feel about this drug. IT WORKS!"

Treasuregoblin (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "While I found this medication to be effective for anxiety, the concentration & memory loss were terrible and almost cost me my job. I didn't really notice anything was wrong until I started my new job. Training was a nightmare. I couldn't focus long enough to learn anything new! I was reading a short list of keywords and by the time I got to #3 I couldn't remember #1. I couldn't pay attention long enough to read a book, or even a short article. I couldn't remember people's names. I had to write everything down. I couldn't focus on anything anyone was telling me, I would just pretend like I understood. Luckily I noticed something was wrong and stopped taking it about 2 months ago. My memory and ability to focus have improved."

centerstage (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "My doctor prescribed 0.5 mg which I take half a tablet going to bed if that doesn't work I take the other half. Depends on how much sleep I need or how much anxiety I have. If I'm exhausted the medicine is great I fall asleep and next thing I know I'm awake in the morning but it usually leaves a hangover which I hate. I try to deal with my anxiety holisticly but sometimes that does not work. I think it all comes down to eating healthy and watching my sugar and carb and caffeine intake. Walking and doing stretches works for me but honestly Having someone who really loves you and does not abuse you in anyway is the best answer but I don't think there's many people out there like that anymore. Koliopin is a horrible dangerous drug. All pharmaceuticals as far as I'm concerned are bad for us and then least we take it the better off we are."

Faith77girl April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Lost what I typed 3 times in a row!. Xanax is awful. Completely blacked out, wasted all my fire wood cooking a terrible meal, ended up with food everywhere and half of it missing, and came to several hours later. The rest of these pills are in the bin. Worst drug experience of my life"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Used to treat panic symptoms of anxiety. Quite effective for me with little side effects"

Mnak (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I previously said I don't sleep well and it affects my ever vigilant dogs who get up too. After surgical menopause when I was 33 years old, (now 62) hormones and sleep changed. I finally was prescribed Xanax 1 to 2 mg at night for sleep.. Perfect. No side effects, no abuse. Dogs don't follow me at 2:00 am any more ,only when time to sleep. Thanks."

Dogs too (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was prescribed these for an onset of panic attacks that would spike my BP to 175 over 130. Taking these 0.5 mg pills did nothing but make me lose my short term memory. I still felt panicked and my BP would only drop slightly until I rode out the attack."

VDCTHDDOM April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Ever since my hot flashes started I couldn't sleep..when I say, I couldn't sleep, I mean I spent 8 years with maybe 2-3 hours of sleep per night...I just tossed and turned, watched tv. My PC prescribed every sleep medication under the moon, nothing helped. I mean NO SLEEP FOR YEARS...ambien, lunesta, seroquil. Zolpidem. Then he suggested a psychiatrist thinking some other issue was causing my insomnia. I would actually look at my bed and dread getting into it because I knew how long the night would be. Well, my " nut dr. " prescribed a few and none worked. lol finally she started me on Xanax. Let me tell you...I really don't care what addiction I might have, what risks there are...I can finally sleep and no after effects. A God Send"

Mare54 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Please try a different benzo before this drug. It's a life ruiner. The effects are so strong and leave the body quickly it makes you crave more. Tolerance builds like crazy with this drug too. I suggest klonopin. It works great and lasts a lot longer. Withdrawal is horrible from Xanax. You can die from it. Also comes with severe memory loss while taking it."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Only med that has ever really worked for me. I've tried every holistic approach to treat my anxiety, taking a .25 takes the edge off like nothing else. I'm afraid to take meds but taking xanax doesn't make me nervous. I only take it when my anxiety and panic come back, sometimes I have it under control for long periods of time. I read a lot of negative things about becoming addicted and the withdrawal effects but most of us who really suffer hate taking meds. We rather get better with no drugs. It helps me calm down so I can think clearly and get through the day or night. Wanted to post something positive for those who are afraid to take it."

Bellaspud March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Doctor had me on Xanax three times a day to try and stop my anxiety depression from furthering. While Xanax is wonderful for anxiety, be careful, the withdrawal can be nasty if you don't get off it properly. Needless to say I get timid taking it now cause of that. However, it helps in times of crisis."

Greekboii March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've been taking xanax for anxiety and its s life saver!! Works really well; always carry a bottle in my purse. The only cons are that it can make me sleepy at times and it has an unpleasant aftertaste."

Anonymous please (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "From 2002-2017 I have been on many different types of medications klonopin, Valium and xanax, not to mention all the psych drugs none that helped until my Dr. realized I had social anxiety and paralyzing panic attacks. By far the the best for not only my depression but my anxiety as well was xanax 2mg. I had to take at least the full bar to ease my anxiety however not only did it help with my fears and anxiety but it helped with my depression which stemmed from my constant panic attacks. It is easily abused however when it's needed it's a savior and can help me get what I need to accomplish done as a mother a wife and a personal trainer/ lifeguard and graduate of Homeland Security and Emergency management which without xanax I wouldn't have"

Bently Rose February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Took two 2mg.xanax this evening and a suboxone last night. No affects noted. Are there any precautions I should be aware of??? Thank you..."

wanagi49 February 19, 2017