User Reviews for Xanax (Page 2)

Learn more about Xanax.

Depression 64 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 577 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Xanax does feel like a miracle drug, but then addictive drugs always do at 1st. All is fine, for someone with anxiety there definitely does seem to be some kind of euphoria, because you feel like you can properly have jokes, interact socially, be yourself again e.t.c. It's only a band-aid, I know it's not an ideal world where everyone can get the best therapies e.t.c. but in truth it doesn't work forever and many people (such as myself) end up with inter-dose withdrawals and 'psychological dependence', ("OMG I FORGOT TO PACK MY XANAX HOW WILL I COPE?"). Compared to the withdrawals I experienced (no seizures thank god), the anxiety that made me go to the doc in the 1st place was very minor. I would advise use for no more than a month."

Matt Hopland (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Let's be honest guys if you have anxiety you know too well it's the only thing that helps. I've tried several others medications for my anxiety but non of them worked so well as xanax. I've tried Paxil Amitriptyline Zyprexa Celexa Seroquel. All of them were a waste of time. The only problem with xanax is that it is addictive and becomes really easily habit forming because it WORKS!"

❤️ (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have been using Xanax for the last 7 months, I don't know how to thank my doctor for prescribing this medication to me. I suffered from being lonely and scared if I will die, I panic for every little thing, now I take every night 0.5mg Xanax, is there anyone to let me know if you taking Xanax for a long time."

Cindy Gaschi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "This med helped me to go back to a stressful job after burnout.I am so grateful to have had this to deal with stress++++.I was able to function well.but not get panicked or be exhausted by the stressful Work in a hospital..5mg per day was so helpful."

D J M (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 19, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I am 19 years old, turning 20 next month, and i have panic disorder for a long time. Im gay and my life was not easy at all, my dad doesnt support me and then i got also depression. I take this medication for about 2 years now and i can tell you: it works so good and it saved my life. I was afraid of going out in public, working, etc. My life was terrible with all my anxiety attacks and that was destroying my life. If you feel the same, talk to your doc and ask for xanax, but DO NOT TAKE without prescription. IT IS a drug and you must control it!!!!"

tylerhanderson November 14, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Xanax is the "devil drug". I have taken it for over 15 years and it has done nothing but make things worse. For those of you saying it's a miracle drug, please do your research!!! It ruins your brain chemistry and Is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.(I can't stress that enough) For those who have been taking the drug for over a couple of months, your gonna have horrible withdrawal symptoms when you decide to stop. Benzodiazepines are the ONLY drug that you can actually die coming off of! Trust me!!"

Rudy1mmm November 13, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I started taking Xanax in 1992 after having a heart catheter that went wrong. I went into V Tach after that I suffered from arrhythmia daily and panic attacks, ending up in the hospital a few times.. First the arrhythmia starts which brings on panic attacks. I realize now this is all PTSD. My new internist put me on Xanax at. 025mg which had little results then upped to 0.50mg which I take one twice a day. 24 years later I'm still on it taking same dosage. Tried going off a few times unsuccessfully. New doctor lowered it to one day. Hoping for the best."

JunoRick (taken for 10 years or more) November 12, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have had panic attacks and anxiety since my teens (appx 30 years now). When I was younger the doctor prescribed .25 mg xanax and it did nothing for me as a teenager. I didnt take more than a few dosages. Over the years the panic attacks have been become more severe and interfere with my health and life. I decided to introduce xanax back into my life. I have been taking it as needed for 1.5 years. It is not need everyday. Sometimes I take .50mg.. Sometimes I might need 1mg for the entire day. It has saved my life. I am currently working on biofeedback and CBT to better manage the ups and downs. I tried two SSRIs and lets just say they made things alot worse. Prozac was awful. Xanax works with the right doctor and therapy. You are not alone"

FlPanic101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Hi everyone! I live in Australia... I have just returned from my doctors today 19.10.16 to be told that xanax will no longer be avaiable. Only for special circumstances,so please check with your doctor if you are reliant on this medication."

girlyface20 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 19, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I normally take xanax to get off to sleep, but here lately I have been taking it in the day time as well, because I get panicky through the day now as well. Wish this anxiety would just go away and stay away. Have an appointment with a psychologist but I really don't think it is psychological."

robertestokley October 12, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I know what it's like to lose 30 pounds in one month from depression. No appetite, can't walk without getting tired, laying in bed all day crying & nightmares night after night. It's so annoying when psychs' won't prescribe this because of fear of addiction. Well guess what? If I hadn't have found xanax, I would have committed suicide a long time ago. You can take this medicine long term if you have severe depression and are responsible."

Severely Depressed Xo (taken for 10 years or more) October 11, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I was given Xanax 0.5mg over 10 years ago for extreme panic attacks, always and still does do the trick. I started off with 2 a day it became *as needed*. Luckily I didn't build up a tolerance. I am having trouble (Since my doctor retired) finding a doctor to prescribe them. As I type I have been forced to be with out them for going on 5 days and I have had a few really bad panic attacks. Could be lack of pills, could be physiological, most likely menopause. I have not found any one to help me with this. Why? Clearly, I know what works for me."

6469 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on xanax 0.5 mg tablets twice a day for about 6 years due to a panic disorder.It has been fantastic. Then there was a time when i stopped them as I only used them when needed. It is comforting to know you have them just incase as they are fantastic to calm down anxiety. Since the onset of menopause my body just broke down into a million pieces and my anxiety went through the roof so once again I'm taking 2 a day until this all settles back down .. I can recommend these tablets 100% they are amazing..Yay for XANAX"

sweetface10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I am 64 and earlier in my life i never had any gad/panic attacks. Not scared of anything! Then my first panic attack. I was on a freeway far from home and alone. Out of the blue..the clamminess, heart rate through the roof, shakes etc. I pulled off the freeway to a parking lot. I got out and my knees buckled. I was terrified. It finally subsided somewhat and i finished the trip on back highways. . Now my trigger is driving even though all my life i loved driving anywhere..long distances alone..no problem until this. When i got home (barely) my dr. recommended .5 mg xanax as needed. A miracle drug for me! It makes me feel normal! I do not take every day"

Carol/Ark (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 5, 2016

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Xanax in 1993 when I started college at age 35. Have Panic Disorder, anxiety disorder and PTSD. Dosage has always been .5-1 mg daily. I'm completely a different person with it!! No more stuttering, no more panic attacks and running out if class to hide. I've never had to increase the dose since 1993. I could never gave gotten through 16 years of college without it!!"

Ms.G (taken for 10 years or more) October 4, 2016

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I was given xanax for panic attacks. Worked great. 3 years later and I have a tolerance and feel withdrawal in between doses. I am miserable and worse than I started. Use caution! Wish I had known when I started them."

Becka811 September 29, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "After being tried on Klonopin, and Ativan, my doctor put my on 90 1mg xanax. I noticed that if I put it under my tongue, that it helps faster. I noticed it didn't only help anxiety. Myoclonous decreases while on anxiety, and my seizures have decreased a little. I normally don't get an aura before a seizure. If I do, I quickly chew it up and melt it under my tongue. Within minutes, I calm down, and the aura will slow down most time time. I do believe that this has aborted a seizure too. I can't stand to get out in public, my heart races, I feel this sense of panic, and then think, "What if I have another seizure in public?". Feel much calmer on this medication. It starts working within a few minutes, unlike Klonopin or Ativan."

Steve88 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Hi all! I was given this medicine for my anxiety, I took it for 1.5 months only. I want to advise people who take this medicine to stay clear because when doctor made dosage smaller before stopping, I began to have weird sensations, my body started to sweat and I began seeing aurora around people and objects on road and was fainting for the next three months. ER say I had grand mal seizure and need a neck surgery, it didnt feel like seizures I just felt like I was dreaming. In the ER they gave me the same medicine to treat seizure so I dont know what is wrong?? Why is this medication given if its so dangerous, I never felt like this before and was very fit athletic girl in sweden."

Patriska K. September 22, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Please be very careful, and I repeat very careful. My doctor prescribed xanas to treat my panic disorders from underground stations (london) phobia of being under the earth's surface. I was managing fine with other medication such as vistaril which did a great job but was keeping me tired. Almost two months later I asked my doctor to take me off them, because xanax just makes me want to sleep and sit on the coach doing nothing, we tried all dosages and I still felt sad inside. Here is the shocking part, only 8 days after my last dose (which was weaned slowly over two weeks), I had my first ever seizure at the age of 29. I never had seizures, no family history, never ever will I touch this stupid medicine again, never."

NazAlo September 22, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "This is truly a cure all! As long as it's taken the right way and responsibly I see no problem with that whatsoever."

Happy mommmmm (taken for 10 years or more) September 21, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "My doctor prescribed me Xanax after I got fired from my job for verbally assaulting a colleague. I also suffer from schizoaffective disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Today, I felt like having a rage filled outburst at someone I do volunteer work with. I took a Xanax and within 30 minutes, I was happy and chatty and relaxed."

LalithaCh19 September 20, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I deal with an aniexty disorder. Where I fear anything that has anything to do with the Apocalypse or other things like bad things in the news or conspiracy theories. When I first tried Xanax. It blew my mind. Before it I wouldn't eat or sleep because I was so worried. Now I take it when I need to and it makes me focus on things at hand."

Darkthrone1996 September 18, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had always heard the negative jargon of Xanax, and was afraid to take it because I was afraid I would be addicted and unable to control it. Eventually things were to tough and I was in one of the darkest points of my life. So I broke down and talk with my doctor about giving it a try. It totally changed my life. It helped me to focus more at work. It helped manage my anxiety so my mind could rest and I could sleep. I could see how this medication could be misused it's important to take as prescribed."

RexuallElam (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "In 2001, I started feeling like I was having a heart attack twice a month. I ended up in the ER & was admitted. I happen to be one of the lucky females who suffers from hormonal anxiety. I was given all the tests possible, stayed overnight & discharged with my first script of the smallest dose of xanax. I have used it only AS NEEDED since then and to this day it still helps me at the smallest dose once a day. I have gone through some very serious rough patches in my life which had me taking this, at most, 1.5 pills maybe four days in a row. It works so well that I can't ever imagine taking it more often than needed ~ why would you want to mess up something that works?? The key is taking it as prescribed, just like any medication."

TStewart14Fan (taken for 10 years or more) September 13, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I take Xanax as needed for anxiety or panic attacks and have for years. My Dr. prescribed as needed every 8 hours .25mg. It works great for me! I used to "fear" getting addicted but at times a year has passed and I have to discard the pills. It all depends on what is going on in my life and how I respond. I also am on Paxil 37.5 for anxiety which at time I still need additional coverage. I am thankful my Dr. Was able to assist me lead a closer to normal life."

SheShe#918 September 6, 2016