User Reviews for Xanax (Page 2)

Panic Disorder
9.1

Anxiety
8.8

Depression
8.6

Summary of Xanax reviews 8.9 693 reviews

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "Xanax has helped my anxiety and panic disorder for decades. Over the years, some doctors have tried to replace it with antidepressants which didn’t end well for me. One antidepressant even made me feel suicidal since depression is the opposite of anxiety. My Xanax dosage has been tapered in half over the past year and this past July I had a seizure. I am 56 years old with tachycardia and have never abused my medications. I sure wish they hadn’t started changing them again with my aging. I suffer anxiety and PTSD which I kept under control, living with a quality of life, enjoying my grandchildren, grocery shopping for myself living alone with my arthritis disability smiling through the pain. Not so much now, as my heart rate stays over 100 at rest so my GP referred me to a cardiologist. I’m aware of my leaky valve from birth lol. Good luck all. This has been a good medication for me."

Sybil1234 September 29, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been on this medication for more than ten years and I have mixed feelings. It is VERY effective for anxiety (I have dissociative disorder), but there are many times I wish I didn't rely on it. I only take 0.5 x 4 per day, but if I stop taking it I will have a tonic-clonic seizure. I am at the mercy of my dr (who is wonderful). If a dr. decides not to prescribe it, I get very ill. It's been wonderful for me, but consider the severe, yet common, side effects for long term use."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 27, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Hi I have been on Xanax for 19 years I take 1mg five times a day with no problems they have been a great medication in my life I suffer with anxiety and bipolor type 2 and OCD and PTSD and major depression so life is not easy and have this med helps me get up the morning, shower, eat, dress get my kids off to school. But everyone is right this drug is very dangerous if you abuse it. and this drug is not for everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 25, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax can be wonderful for anxiety. I am prescribed 0.5mg 4x a day but I don’t take it most days. I do have anxiety every day and think about taking them but if at all possible I try not to take them. If I take them every day or too often I get depressed. But proper use helps me to actually get things done that I would not have the energy or drive to get out of the house"

Hopeful September 23, 2018

For Anxiety "I take a 0.5 mg pill about once or twice per week. I see a lot of people on here slamming the drug as exceedingly dangerous. If you take it every day for a while, your brain will begin to alter itself in response to the constant abundance of the chemical. This means if you suddenly stop taking it, after several weeks of daily use, you’re going to hate life for a while. It will take your brain a while to return to its previous state, from before you started taking the medication. I sometimes go weeks without taking it, and sometimes I’ll take it 3 times in one week. I have no problems, and it’s highly effective."

Bill September 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I have been a sufferer of panic attack for 30 years. Finally I was given xanax it gave me back my life. I suffered badly with panic attacks. I also had muscle spasms before I took this medication.."

J September 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Been taking over 40 years I don't know how to not take them. I'm 61 and think I'm destined to take them forevere\"

T (taken for 10 years or more) September 8, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax is one of the hardest, if not the hardest drug to quit taking. Even harder than heroin according to my doctor. Was so hard for me for almost 3 months after using them everyday for 2 years. Will never take one of them again. They actually just takes away your anxiety while you are on them. Problem is that all of us are using them for a period. Then you get all the anxiety back again and the problem is now it is 5 x worse than what it was to begin with. Stopping my Xanax like I wanted to do the first day - just stop taking them - is dangerous my Doctor said that would not be possible, since I actually could die from it. So instead it is a slow painful reduction of dosage day after day. Just as warning take Valium, or in that range instead it is much less stress when you are quitting them"

Taptech (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 29, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Been on Xanax over 30 years. Began taking it for severe panic attacks which turned into agoraphobia after doctors said nothing was wrong and kept telling me just to relax. I had panic so bad I could not leave the house, answer the phone or doorbell, eat. When my blood pressure went so high I burst a blood vessel in my eye I finally met a doctor who was an expert in panic disorder. He started me on Xanax and all my symptoms resolved almost immediately. Blood pressure normal, could go out and shop, got a good job. Life was wonderful for 30 years. On .25 3 X per day. Never wanted or needed more. Now doctors want everyone off Xanax and I am being forced to quit. I am terrified. At least I had 30 great years"

Free Atlast (taken for 10 years or more) August 19, 2018

For Anxiety "I've was diagnosed with chronic panic anxiety disorder almost 30 years ago and put on Xanax. I also have horrific migraines, so I cannot take antidepressants. I've taken 0.5mg 5 times a day for years with no problems working, thinking, or functioning. Now the feds have decided that Xanax is addictive and my insurance company is questioning my doctor on filling my script. I know all the dangers of tapering and cannot imagine what's going to happen to me. Just the thought makes me nervous. This form of anxiety runs in my family."

City Pastor (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been taking Xanax for a while now and it really controlled my anxiety. I also have afib and anyone who has it knows how annoying that can be. Now when I have afib I take a Xanax and calms it down I also spoke to several people who have afib and yes Xanax helps calm it down. So don't let any doctors tell you any different Xanax can be a wonder drug when used properly"

Mikeyboy 60 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2018

For Anxiety "The negative reviews on here about this med are coming from people who take it everyday. Folks, DO NOT take this medicine every day it's for occasional use only. It's like alcohol; having a drink once in a while here or there is fine but getting drunk all day every day is obviously not a good idea. Same thing with the Xanax. Taking it once in a while when required is fine but using it every day will give you horrible withdrawals. I have the XR version that I literally take "once in a blue moon" for emergency situations only. It works great. Basic rule of thumb: don't take it more than once per week and if you have to don't take it more than 2 days in a row."

dustbunny123 June 25, 2018

For Anxiety "Hello I've been taking xanax for 25 years and still going, it's done wonderful in my life. But also it's not for everyone."

Gretchen (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2018

For Anxiety "Seriously I would be dead without this medication. Pop culture has given it the bad rep but as a prescribed user of this god sent medicine from the beautiful minds at pfizer I humbly thank you for saving my life. Had I known and addressed my severe depression, agoraphobia, anxiety & PTSD, (the alphabet goes on).. I would have NEVER SUFFERED FROM A STROKE IN 2010 DUE TO MY CONDITIONS that I had no idea there was a word for what's wrong with me. This is a quick acting short shelf life in the system type of medicine so it's a here, now, gone feeling. The low doses are like a mini invisible hug, the 2 mgs help me sleep and dream of a better life and wake up to my Starbucks feeling alert as the medicine did it's thing on my heart and mind. If during the day I feel sick with chest pain from anxiety it offers immediate relief. I am responsible in my consumption. Thank you to the hard working medical professionals for understanding the pain of the unseen sicknesses."

ShaolinXantastic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

For Anxiety "Careful with this one. Very addictive. It was prescribed for anxiety but after a while I found myself habitually taking it and getting desperately anxious when I didn’t. Addiction to barbiturates in my mid forties was not part of the plan, so I stopped. Withdrawals were terrible. I also, experienced short term memory issues. I achieved safer results with anti-depressants, although they take a week or more to ‘work’ they are not addictive. Lifestyle changes also helped, no drinking, took up jogging, gym and watching what I eat and being more mindful of the spiritual aspects of life. Pretty obvious stuff really..."

GJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This is one of those medications that you try to avoid due to "bad press," That being said, it has saved my life. I went from being home bound agoraphobic to traveling outside my home, getting and maintaining a 12 hour job and this year going back to college to finish my nursing degree. This is what this medication was originally made for....to give those like us a chance at a normal life. So sad so many are deprived this miracle drug due to a few bad apples. No memory impairment thus far and I have been on this med for years. Not expensive. No bad side effects other than an occasional headache. Wonderful medication!"

Dawnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2018

For Anxiety "I've taken xanax regularly for ~5 years. Having to deal with severe family issues, my general anxiety disorder has ramped up considerably these past 5 years. My dosage varies, as I take it as needed. Some days I take 1mg and many days I take none at all. I probably average .25mg/day and it has been extremely beneficial to me. Even on my worst days I realize that taking more won't help, and I will just have to get through that day at a maximum of 1mg. For me, xanax has been a very helpful tool in my turbulent life and as things start to level out, my usage decreases."

Phat Phil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2018

For Anxiety "Xanax is my miracle drug, but if you run out you are in for big trouble. You can have seizures, a stoke, or even death. Please be careful...but it definitely changed my life and has actually given my life back."

Pebbles523 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I am one of those scared of taking any medication related to psych . I had a stable job for 20 years before the onset of anxiety and panic disorder . I thought I will brave it . So read books , took yoga etc, but it only got worse. Before long it was affecting by performance at work. Finally getting into elevators became impossible. Then I became almost house bound . People even began to notice . That’s when I resolved to solve this problem once and for all. After several trials with my doctor I found xanax and it completely changed my life. I take 0.5 mg daily . All my symptoms are gone . Thank goodness for that medication."

Nick March 23, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This drug can be habit forming, so control your desire to dose and skip doses to 'up' yourself in terms of pills. Once you master the addictive side of this medicine, it can be a REAL benefit for anxiety disorders. It's given me control over my life again. I love this medication, but I respect it and am afraid of it at the same time. ONLY take it when you need it, do that and it will be an asset."

NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

"I know these meds are very addictive but right now I start chemo therapy and for my cancer of course I'm trying to be strong but I have more bad days then good and without alprazolam I would literally go insane"

Sufer (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2018

For Anxiety "I have had bad anxiety for years. Started with busipro but It gave me nightmares and made me stutter a little bit so I stopped the pill. I went in for my board exam for Respiratory care and I failed. During the end of my test My heart started racing, chest pain. I was having a panic attack. I went to the doctor and I was prescribed Xanax. She told me to take 1/2 a pill 0.5 before my test and I did. During my test I felt calm, normal, fresh mind. I could think clearly. I wasnt anxious at all. I passed. Its been a great pill. I love it. But tonight I took 1/2 before bed and 30 minutes later I started crying. I am depressed too before starting pills. But for the most part xanax has been so good to me."

Blonde (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Anxiety "I have my life back because of xanax. I have suffered from anxiety my entire life but somehow kept it manageable until my fifties. I was getting more and more agoraphobic and afraid to drive. Finally, I found myself pacing the house, unable to sleep and scared that I was actually going to harm myself. I have been on .5 mg xanax xr up to three times daily for almost two years and I am fully functioning again."

Mags (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking xanax for 30 years and could not have survived without it. I take half of .025 when needed, so not every day. Sometimes my anxiety flares up and I may have to take it a few days in a row. One time when my son was in the hospital due to a bad accident, I took it every day for 8 months straight to calm me. I have bad agoraphobia when it comes to large buildings and needed it to get into the huge hospital. When I stopped taking it after 8 months I had no symptoms at all...if you take a low dose you will have no problem with it and it will keep your anxiety down so you can live your life."

corrie88 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

For Anxiety "I have been taking xanax for about the last ten years or so off and on. I am 26 now, and I only take Xanax when I really need it. The drug has helped me get through many school presentations from high to college. I get so anxious before big presentations that I have literally froze up in front of whole classes numerous times (while not on Xanax) and whenever I do take it, I get A’s on my projects, I’m less anxious, and everybody is more happy. It also helps if you have a long airplane ride. In short, I have been taking this drug for the past decade responsibly and it has helped me benefit in many situations."

MrBraadddd February 22, 2018