User Reviews for Xanax (Page 2)

Learn more about Xanax.

Depression 65 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Xanax reviews 590 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xanax

For Panic Disorder "Xanax has been a life saver for me. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and depression since I was a teenager. I learned through lots of therapy that my issues are environmental and chemical. There are times when meditating and positive affirmations do not work during my attacks. This is when I take my Xanax so I can function like a normal human being. I do not abuse my Xanax and have been on the same dose (0.5mg) for the last 10 years. There was a time that I was having multiple panic attacks daily for months. Xanax helped me stay sane until my psychiatric found the right SSRI for me. I think that this drug is great as long as you have a good doctor and use the appropriate amount."

DogMom123 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I suffer from emetophobia-related panic attacks and anxiety, and this drug is just a godsend. I try to reserve it until I really need it as I know that, based on my personality, I could pretty easily become dependent. If it wasn't for the issues with dependency and withdrawal it would be a ten out of ten for me. I will note that after I stopped using it semi-regularly, I became better at dealing with anxiety "on my own" so to speak, and experienced less anxiety overall as I improved my coping skills. Still, I'm really grateful for this medication and encourage other miserably anxious people out there to discuss it with their doctors. It really improved my life when I thought nothing could."

Eliza_os January 10, 2017

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I suffer from complicated grief and PTSD, I lost my only child to severe mental illness almost six years ago. My anxiety is through the roof right now. Psychiatrist prescribed Ativan but it does nothing really (.5 MG) compared to Alprazolam (generic for Xanax). Even splitting a .5 MG pill helps me to stop frantic behaviors. But this stuff is addictive, you have to be careful never to go over prescribed daily dose and I don't know how difficult it will be to stop this medication, if I ever decide to do that."

FidMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2017

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have suffered from anxiety & panic attacks since Kindergarten! I "self medicated",w/alcohol & weed, until they became an "issue",to say the least! I hit rock bottom almost losing my family, my job,tried AA, Shrinks, until I had a full blown attack.I thought I was having a heart attack ,sweating,rapid heart beat ,etc .I also dreaded any social affairs,or changes in my life .I thought I was just missing a link,not "normal",whatever that is! I went to my Dr & he prescribed .25mg, the lowest .But I was able to 'function" ,go to weddings ,NOT drink ,since 1999. I'm now on the 2mg addicted? I am able to live w/o alcohol & function, but do feel it ,if I don't take it.Trade off? Maybe,but it's better than being a "captive" of my fears. Just be you!:)"

EDMO' (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2017

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I haven't seen a xanax in the US from a US pharmacy with the name brand xanax scored on the pill in over 20 years. these had no taste. Real xanax have a very distinct taste. and it never melted in my mouth. xanax always melt in my mouth within a few minutes. I've seen videos on youtube of people pressing them. My advice is. Get a prescription from a doctor and get them from the pharmacy because that wasn't the first time I saw these.. The streets are flooded with these bars."

Unib0mb (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I've been on quite a few different kinds of medications for anxiety and depression, but I've never had a reaction quite like I did with this one. Within hours of taking it for the first time, I began to feel nauseous, drowsy, uncoordinated, shaky; my vision was blurry and I couldn't drive a car. These symptoms persisted until I stopped the medication. I tried it once or twice after stopping the first time, and the horrible symptoms came right back. I couldn't even do my work. If you have any sensitivities to this medication I would not recommend it. I'm no doctor, but even I know when a pill isn't worth the risk."

HughMS December 28, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have bipolar 1, GAD & PTSD. I can't rage antidepressants (even on mood stabilizers) because of the bipolar disorder and buspirone proved useless for me. Xanax has really helped me keep my anxiety under control. I don't get the sedating effects that most people seem to. I've been on the same dose for over five years. When my mother passed away, I was also on ativan PRN for a short period of time and sometimes I wish I still had that, too. Not for everyday use, just for extremely triggering events."

espresso_dreams (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on a fairly high dose of this medication for over 6 years now. I can not tell you enough that it is an extremly horrible idea for long term use 2 times daily or more or even less any long term use of this drug to me is almost a death sentence for that person it is probably the most difficult thing to stay off of if used for more then a month or 2 straight. Im trying to get off them now myself but I am so very deep in a hole its almost hard to see the end. Once you stop say goodbye to sleep for a while and feeling like complete psychosis for the next few weeks or months till your brain comes back from the hole you dug for it. If I could go back and never take a benzo I would in a heart beat ssris and ssnris never worked for me."

Mrwrong (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 26, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have severe social anxiety and have tried every other medicine out there and nothing has worked. Xanax so far has changed my life. I'm able to talk to people and look them in the eye and not feel stupid every where I went. I take .5mg 3 times a day. I'm just worried about the addiction part. I've heard it's pretty bad. But I rather be happy all the time than having panic attacks all the time."

Jgm1987 December 14, 2016

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "For years, I didn't know I was suffering from Anxiety and Panic Attacks. My doctor told me what was happening to me & prescribed Xanax. It helps me TREMENDOUSLY. I feel "normal" now. Been using it for 10 years."

Miss FiFi December 13, 2016

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I took prozac for 12 years, and it became more less useful to me as I became more tolerant. However I cannot live without it due to my condition of extreme severe anxiety and panic. I grew up with this disorder and as an adult I can't control it at points. I have never had an addictive nature. And I do not take it on a daily regimen. I refuse to be addicted or forever bound to a drug. So I use other methods of meditation and zen relaxation techniques even sleeping all I need to when I can on days I can. However, I have high stress days, that even prozac doesn't help these nature elements and body chemicals that I had to look for an alternative. I started using Xanax. Due to its addictive nature, I broke them in 4, taking in smaller doses"

Now body (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I take 0.5 mg xanax as needed, which I have been on for a few months. I suffer PTSD panic attacks and xanax is the only thing that helps. I don't always need it and can go weeks without needing to take one."

What works for me December 13, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have been on Xanax since 2007 when I was watching my mother slowly suffer. I started on 0.25 mg and eventually the dose was not enough. Now ordered 1 mg in morning and 2 mg at night. It works ,however I have cognitive impairment and all I want to do is sleep and my memory is pretty shot. I weaned myself down very ,very slowly and got down to 1 mg daily at night, but then some negative events happened and I was going into a panic attack. I know this medication works, but I would not take it unless it is a must."

Brain Dead December 13, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Xanax does feel like a miracle drug, but then addictive drugs always do at 1st. All is fine, for someone with anxiety there definitely does seem to be some kind of euphoria, because you feel like you can properly have jokes, interact socially, be yourself again e.t.c. It's only a band-aid, I know it's not an ideal world where everyone can get the best therapies e.t.c. but in truth it doesn't work forever and many people (such as myself) end up with inter-dose withdrawals and 'psychological dependence', ("OMG I FORGOT TO PACK MY XANAX HOW WILL I COPE?"). Compared to the withdrawals I experienced (no seizures thank god), the anxiety that made me go to the doc in the 1st place was very minor. I would advise use for no more than a month."

Matt Hopland (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Let's be honest guys if you have anxiety you know too well it's the only thing that helps. I've tried several others medications for my anxiety but non of them worked so well as xanax. I've tried Paxil Amitriptyline Zyprexa Celexa Seroquel. All of them were a waste of time. The only problem with xanax is that it is addictive and becomes really easily habit forming because it WORKS!"

❤️ (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2016

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have been using Xanax for the last 7 months, I don't know how to thank my doctor for prescribing this medication to me. I suffered from being lonely and scared if I will die, I panic for every little thing, now I take every night 0.5mg Xanax, is there anyone to let me know if you taking Xanax for a long time."

Cindy Gaschi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "This med helped me to go back to a stressful job after burnout.I am so grateful to have had this to deal with stress++++.I was able to function well.but not get panicked or be exhausted by the stressful Work in a hospital..5mg per day was so helpful."

D J M (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 19, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I am 19 years old, turning 20 next month, and i have panic disorder for a long time. Im gay and my life was not easy at all, my dad doesnt support me and then i got also depression. I take this medication for about 2 years now and i can tell you: it works so good and it saved my life. I was afraid of going out in public, working, etc. My life was terrible with all my anxiety attacks and that was destroying my life. If you feel the same, talk to your doc and ask for xanax, but DO NOT TAKE without prescription. IT IS a drug and you must control it!!!!"

tylerhanderson November 14, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "Xanax is the "devil drug". I have taken it for over 15 years and it has done nothing but make things worse. For those of you saying it's a miracle drug, please do your research!!! It ruins your brain chemistry and Is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.(I can't stress that enough) For those who have been taking the drug for over a couple of months, your gonna have horrible withdrawal symptoms when you decide to stop. Benzodiazepines are the ONLY drug that you can actually die coming off of! Trust me!!"

Rudy1mmm November 13, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I started taking Xanax in 1992 after having a heart catheter that went wrong. I went into V Tach after that I suffered from arrhythmia daily and panic attacks, ending up in the hospital a few times.. First the arrhythmia starts which brings on panic attacks. I realize now this is all PTSD. My new internist put me on Xanax at. 025mg which had little results then upped to 0.50mg which I take one twice a day. 24 years later I'm still on it taking same dosage. Tried going off a few times unsuccessfully. New doctor lowered it to one day. Hoping for the best."

JunoRick (taken for 10 years or more) November 12, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have had panic attacks and anxiety since my teens (appx 30 years now). When I was younger the doctor prescribed .25 mg xanax and it did nothing for me as a teenager. I didnt take more than a few dosages. Over the years the panic attacks have been become more severe and interfere with my health and life. I decided to introduce xanax back into my life. I have been taking it as needed for 1.5 years. It is not need everyday. Sometimes I take .50mg.. Sometimes I might need 1mg for the entire day. It has saved my life. I am currently working on biofeedback and CBT to better manage the ups and downs. I tried two SSRIs and lets just say they made things alot worse. Prozac was awful. Xanax works with the right doctor and therapy. You are not alone"

FlPanic101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Hi everyone! I live in Australia... I have just returned from my doctors today 19.10.16 to be told that xanax will no longer be avaiable. Only for special circumstances,so please check with your doctor if you are reliant on this medication."

girlyface20 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 19, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I normally take xanax to get off to sleep, but here lately I have been taking it in the day time as well, because I get panicky through the day now as well. Wish this anxiety would just go away and stay away. Have an appointment with a psychologist but I really don't think it is psychological."

robertestokley October 12, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I know what it's like to lose 30 pounds in one month from depression. No appetite, can't walk without getting tired, laying in bed all day crying & nightmares night after night. It's so annoying when psychs' won't prescribe this because of fear of addiction. Well guess what? If I hadn't have found xanax, I would have committed suicide a long time ago. You can take this medicine long term if you have severe depression and are responsible."

Severely Depressed Xo (taken for 10 years or more) October 11, 2016

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I was given Xanax 0.5mg over 10 years ago for extreme panic attacks, always and still does do the trick. I started off with 2 a day it became *as needed*. Luckily I didn't build up a tolerance. I am having trouble (Since my doctor retired) finding a doctor to prescribe them. As I type I have been forced to be with out them for going on 5 days and I have had a few really bad panic attacks. Could be lack of pills, could be physiological, most likely menopause. I have not found any one to help me with this. Why? Clearly, I know what works for me."

6469 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2016