User Reviews for Xanax (Page 2)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Xanax.

Panic Disorder
9.1

Anxiety
8.9

Depression
8.6

Summary of Xanax reviews 8.9 632 reviews

Reviews for Xanax

For Anxiety "I'm a 19 year old girl and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety for a long time but never had an anxiety attack until now. My doctor prescribed me this medicine yesterday after I told her I had an anxiety attack 1 day ago. My heart was literally at a speed of 100 but she gave me medicine to slow it down. It really helped me sleep last night too. This medicine took me about 30-45 minutes to kick in and then it knocked me out and I was fast asleep."

Allison Krug (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "About a year ago I was diagnosed with severe anxiety with panic attacks. Anxiety runs in my family so for me it was not a huge shock for me to have anxiety. I have tried about three different medications that just made me feel awful. I did not feel like myself and I was always sleepy. Once I got put on Xanax with another type of anxiety medication it helped subside my panic attacks. Anytime I would have a panic attack I would take a Xanax and it would help me be able to fell like myself again. I do not take Xanax every day just because I do not have panic attacks everyday and because it is highly addicted. For me this medication worked."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "It really calms me down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax is like putting a band-aid over a wound that needs stitches. This med helped take the edge off my anxiety and am thankful for it. It will NOT treat GAD properly because you'll be dependent with too many doses, but is a godsend for panic disorders. I still struggle with anxiety (anger, headaches, worrying, crazy thoughts). It helped me be able to sleep, socialize, not have panic attacks at work, great sex drive and I feel calm. I was prescribed 0.5mg twice a day, usually took less otherwise I'd be sleeping all day, only could go about a day without it then I need it again for anxiety. The biggest downside is that it makes me REALLY tired, lazy, poor memory sometimes. When mixed with alcohol I get very angry. Will be looking into SSRIs."

Concavealexx (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax is a medication that must be taken seriously and with precaution. This is not a game. Taking it when you don't need to will only create addiction and the withdrawal is worse than living with the actual anxiety. Please don't take this med unless you suffer from anxiety and you are having a panic attack. It works well in these situations but my advice is to stay away from it and only take it in an emergency. I prefer lorazepam. When you take lorazepam the withdrawal symptoms are more tolerable than xanax. Xanax is awesome but it can become Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. You can die from this or get a DUI if you are caught in a driving accident. This is serious."

roxithefox (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was given this after trying several other meds. My doctor gave me 2 mg bars. The yellow ones (generic) aren't bad and the white one isn't either, but them green ones will wipe you out. They are at least 40% stronger despite being the same strength. The use to be very expensive, but are only $5.56 for a 60 pill supply with my insurance ( which is bootleg Obama care)."

Powerful AF (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Xanax literally saved my life. A year ago I was having probably 4 panic attacks a day. I couldn't go anywhere without freaking out and thinking I was going to die. I was so scared because it didn't feel like a typical panic attack, like I was falling or something. I got xanax .25 and I was able to completely diminish my attacks. No therapists or anything else worked for me like xanax has. I personally didn't find it addictive because I was in such a terrible state. I don't take it very often now, but I don't know where I would be without it"

Lovelife4689 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've started to take Xanax 3 months ago, 0.25 then 0.5mg a day. Experienced a rapid heartbeat at first, but chose to give it a chance anyway and after 2 weeks it was back to normal. Now I take Xanax 0.5 and Bupropion 300mg a day for my depression and anxiety. I can tell it really has changed my life so far, I can feel joy or calmness again (before I couldn't at all). I hope to get back to normal soon. Can't even describe how I'm glad I've started to take these medications. Although I know many people have severe side effects, the thing is - it's very individual, you have to try and find a medicine that works best for you. Many people take Prozac, but I almost died when took it - side effects were terrible, I even experienced hallucinations."

Anna3529 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have been on xanax for 15yrs. The past 9yrs I've been on them solid (haven't missed a day) I just turned 40yrs old, and I'm in the worst position in my life than I've ever been! Long story short, I I have severe anxiety & panic attack disorder. My 1st panic attack was at 19. Lets just say I've tried my fair share of narcotics. I'm 10yrs clean off of Heroin. But the xanax is a monster of its own. I've had 2 grand mal seizures trying to get off them. They can kill you! I just take 3mg a day so I don't get sick& anxiety. My step-son passed away at 19 from taking too many xanax. It's not a sleeping pill, it's not for people that are stressed out. They don't discriminate, my 87yr old grandma was addicted to them too. All I'm saying is do your research 1st"

Should of thought twice June 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "The most efficacious and useful anxiolytic I have ever had. Fast acting and requiring three times a day (chronic) administration, but also, along with the recommended 4mg lorazepam IV when actually suffering an attack and a doc is present, by a long way the best acute remedy for anxiety and panic attack."

zaborav (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been taking Xanax 0.25 for less than four years to control anxiety mainly before sleep. It works really well until it does exactly opposite for its purpose, causing more anxiety and distress. I have been taking Xanax randomly only to relax me before sleep, say 3 times a month, 10 times a month and most of the time half of the 0.25. I noticed that overtime especially in the months I took it more often, the anxiety, the fast heart beats and confusion and strange muscle weakness were getting beyond tolerable. In few words, I would tell anyone there that NO ONE should even begin taking this very addictive Xanax. Better suffer through your difficulties than using Xanax to ease your anxiety and panic. The drug will take you to abyss."

milaseasky (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Anything that can get me back on track while I deal with my very occasional anxiety issues. Xanax helped me out a lot 4.5 years ago and I am in need of it again."

Anonymous1974 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was extremely against Xanax because of knowing people who abused it, and being someone who will try homeopathic cures before using prescriptions. That said, it really helps me. I have anxiety I would describe as anywhere from mild- severe depending on the day, and week. But sometimes I get in these intensely anxious thought patterns, where I cannot let go, its terrible.Taking medication during these periods is a god-send. It allows me to return back to my normal non-anxious self. I rarely have noticed sleepiness as an effect of the medication- only when I was already sleepy before taking it. If you don't abuse your dose, it shouldn't cause you to feel out of it or have memory loss, if you truly suffer from anxiety. That's my experience"

hulahoopinghannah June 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "One day, out of the blue, I felt lightheaded ; I was nauseous, my legs were tingling and a horrible fear over took me. I had every physical test taken. All were negative. Finally, totally desperate and afraid I'd have another attack, I went to 2 psychiatrists. Both diagnosed Panic Disorder. (Found out it runs in my family. ) Was put on amitriptyline, Prozac, Busbar, Paxil. I stuck each one out for 6 weeks. The nausea was horrible and the anxiety debilitating. Finally I met a psychiatrist who put me on Zanax ( .5 mg 4 to 5 times a day and 25 mg of Zoloft. My life improved immediately. He said he hoped the Zoloft would end the panic attacks but it took a combination of both meds. I take .5 Xanax 3 times a day. I'm alive again!"

Ponyguy99 June 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm 21 years old and this medication gave me my life back. I have social anxiety, hypochondria, and occasional panic attacks. I'd immediately become stiff and uptight at all social events as well as at school. It got so bad that it affected my grades. After I take a Xanax, the anxiety simply vanishes and it's replenished with relaxation, tranquility, and stability. All the scary, racing thoughts stop and I begin to think more logically and calmly. I take 0.5 mg five times a day as needed. Xanax is also wonderful for muscle spasms."

Johnathan R (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Took xanax for a month for anxiety and panic attacks. I took it 3 times a day (the lowest dosage) 0.25 mg in the morning, 0.25 mg in the afternoon, and 0.50 mg in the evening. First week seemed fine with little to no changes, but after that was torture. Horrible insomnia, nausea, and panic attacks got WAY worse. My psychiatrist added Adderall to the mix because of my ADHD. This is when the nightmare really started. I couldn't sleep for 4 days straight-- I had to miss work, I was threatening suicide in front of my family-- I was LOSING it. Couldn't keep anything down. The best way to describe it was like a bad trip that you were certain was never going to end. I tapered off of it, and felt normal again after 2 weeks. Please use caution"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was having many issues with anxiety attacks, panic attack. First started on 1mg 3 times daily.Then was having night terrors too.So I ended up on 2mg ,4 times daily and 2-3 pills of 2mg ativan at night .I got say not many doctors would give you that I would not ask!! I had an on job accident 3yrs prior to this and was on Oxycontin 60mg twice daily and 30 mg oxycode 6 times daily. Sounds like quite mix I know. But with proper monitoring it was a godsend. Pharmacist was not impressed but that's not his problem, his is to count and fill. If they wanted to be a Dr then that's their issue Moral is don't judge yourself by how a pharmacy makes you feel. Now I'm just on the 2mg of xanax and 1 mg of ativan and am normal thanks to a brave understanding Dr"

Steamroller4u2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Any drug can get a bad wrap because of some people abusing it. A lot of doctors don't even like prescribing Xanax because they don't want their patients getting "hooked". For me, I suffer from occasional anxiety attacks, and my prescription is "as needed". Anxiety attacks can be VERY scary. There were a few times I literally thought I was gonna die, it was that bad. I even went to the ER once because I believed I was having a heart attack. They are different for different people. I use to smoke and drink a lot of coffee, so I think that's what screwed up my body chemistry. I don't drink caffeine or smoke anymore. All I know is that now that I have my Alprazolam (Xanax) in my pocket, I'm not as scared to go places. I can live my life again."

Gavnzdad May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "After switching my medications three times, Xanax by far have made the most difference. Definitely works!"

Hannah Frederick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "This medication is great for anxiety and panic attacks when used correctly. Make sure you don't abuse it or mix with any downers. It says it's used for short treatment but it can (if monitor correctly) be used for long term if your doctor, physician or psychiatrist thinks it right for you. I'm very thankful for this medication for it has work wonderfully on reducing anxiety and takes away my panic attacks. (This is my opinion)"

Hi12345678910 May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been through many many years of anxiety. Couldn't drive a car, couldn't sit through a church service, torment. This drug helps me focus and function. People abuse it but it's a Godsend for people with real issues. Not everyone is a drug addict that needs xanax. I am 50 and a female and my life's been limited since a trauma at childhood. I have post traumatic stress disorder and anxiety to severe limits."

someday692 May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I started xanax 14 yrs ago after taking klonopin for years. My life changed for the better instantly. Before xanax I was trapped in my own mind constantly worrying instead of enjoying my family! It has now become a curse. For years been on 4 mg daily and I have severe panic attacks, depression, and insomnia. 50mg of trazodone for insomnia is not helping so I use my xanax to sleep, then I run out early leading to detox. I'm just going in circles! Discussed with my family about going to a detox center and starting over with other meds."

Luvdae (taken for 10 years or more) May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Helps wth anxiety but makes me very sleepy, really can't take it if have a lot of work to do. I only take half a dose ."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Xanax has saved my life. I have GAD, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD and major depressive disorder. This medication has made life worth living for me. I have been in therapy with a therapist, life coach and psychiatrist for 3-4 years now. I can tell you if the drug makes you drowsy or hungover, it's not for you. Also, the therapeutic dosage should not exceed 3 mg per day, ideally around 1 mg per day. As long as you stay in therapy and see your psychiatrist regularly you will not become "addicted" or whatever else people feel about this drug. IT WORKS!"

Treasuregoblin (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "While I found this medication to be effective for anxiety, the concentration & memory loss were terrible and almost cost me my job. I didn't really notice anything was wrong until I started my new job. Training was a nightmare. I couldn't focus long enough to learn anything new! I was reading a short list of keywords and by the time I got to #3 I couldn't remember #1. I couldn't pay attention long enough to read a book, or even a short article. I couldn't remember people's names. I had to write everything down. I couldn't focus on anything anyone was telling me, I would just pretend like I understood. Luckily I noticed something was wrong and stopped taking it about 2 months ago. My memory and ability to focus have improved."

centerstage (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2017