User Reviews for Valium

Learn more about Valium.

Valium Rating Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.

Reviews for Valium to treat Temporomandibular Joint Disorder

"took valium for 8 plus years following severe losses and anxiety/ptsd. 4 yrs ago dental procedures caused extreme face pain, called symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia-shooting nerve pain all the time, and sprained face. so I dont eat cuz it hurts during and after, no life. Psych md says learn "mindfulness" not meds. but no drug but valium has virtually stopped pain. problem: trigeminal neuralgia symptoms are horrendous-not muscle skeletal. specialist oral maxillofacial had given klonopin.stiil pain. only valium worked wonders but when wears off, huge pain returns. what is maximum dosage for special cases? i want my life back."

skitsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2016

"Starting taking Valium for nightmares. Yes, it stopped the nightmares, but the next morning was the first time I didn't wake up with a headache in 36 years. I clench my teeth at night, so they pulled ALL my top teeth out and all but 9 bottom teeth out 12 years ago. I still woke up with a headache every day. Now, to learn that all I needed was a little Valium for 36 years! I have 9 teeth left! The Valium works wonders, take my word for it."

4764lisa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2013

"This medicine has helped my jaw to relax, relieving a lot of the pain. More Doctors should be aware of TMJ and its effects!"

Anonymous October 5, 2010

"I had no idea I had TMJ but actually thought I was getting wisdom teeth because of the pain. I went to a dentist and he gave me Valium and Percocet. He told me to go to my doctor and have them prescribe more as he could not. My doctor thought I was crazy and drug seeking so I could not get anything and still suffering from TMJ. The Valium was very helpful for TMJ, more than anything else I have tried or the doctor has given me instead of Valium."

Anonymous July 5, 2010

"When my dentist first prescribed Valium for my TMJ, I was quite surprised. I had no idea of the correlation of TMJ and Valium. In my case, the Valium works like a charm, I just take as needed when I feel my muscles tightening on me (which will inevitably lead to a TMJ-migraine). The only downfall is that I have to wait until night to take it because it completely wipes me out into dreamland."

Anonymous May 2, 2010

"It really helped me. Recommend it to anyone."

dead man June 3, 2009