User Reviews for Soma

9.2

Muscle Spasm

Summary of Soma reviews 8.9 167 reviews

Reviews for Soma

For Muscle Spasm "Soma works great, yet the DEA reclassified it so now it’s made out to be “heroin” it is actually not that, but it’s getting a bad wrap. Listen, it works for people... we are not the ones abusing it."

Katz March 9, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "Most effective drug prescribed to date (350mg bid) for my numerous and severe chronic muscle spasms secondary to degenerative disk disease (DDD) and radiculopathy related nerve pain. Forced to retire from a major academic health center after 35-years of service as a healthcare supervisor, manager, administrator and researcher. I am lucky to have a PCP from the same medical center who treats patients bases on individual "medical need" and "improving quality of their life"-rather than someone else's recreational drug problem. He/She is MY MD-who is highly trained, experienced and licensed to make MEDICAL decisions for their patient on ethical/medical grounds-while the regulatory world and non-caring MD's and other policy makers seek to limit access and make continued use more difficult each year."

bb February 27, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I have been taking Soma 350 since 1982 for muscle spasms in my back on and off with no complications or side effects. Other medications have not worked quite as well for me over the years"

Grammy (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "Just left the dentist and my lock jaw and muscle tension has relieved. Many years ago I use them for a back surgery and was very successful for me for a short time though"

Brian February 8, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I have been in two severe rollover vehicle accidents is 3 years. 6 herniated discs and a brain injury. I have been on multiple muscle relaxers and they all suck except for Soma. Flexeril kept me up all night with a pounding heart rate. I literally almost went to the ER. Thank god I found another DR. that has no problem prescribing Soma to me. It really works. I echo some of the sentiments on this board that it's sad that some of us get treated like drug hounds when we ask for medication that actually works. Opioid crisis??? Why don't they start by looking at the 4 times as many people that die each year from alcoholism and related injuries, according to the CDC. FDA let our Dr's do their jobs!"

Medic19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps "I'm itchy in my whole body"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "I had been given for recovery of my four level cervical fusion, very effective, I have been given every single muscle relaxer in the book and I have had bad hang over side effects. Soma by far is the best and most effect on the market.I am also reading very addictive, not in my case I take one every night as prescribed, never more. I sleep very restful all through the night and never wake up with a hang over."

CC (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "This medication is incredibly addictive and VERY easy to build up tolerance. It was very helpful when I was laid out, could not move due to back spasm and in incredible pain. It allowed me to move slowly and gently, perform gentle stretches and easy movements for healing. However, with enough dosage, it also comes with an incredibly relaxed feeling, as if all worries are gone and life is a beautiful, often funny experience, full of love. This feeling takes a higher and higher dose to achieve. And comes with side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, lack of motor control. Side effects increase in intensity with increasing dosage to the point of total inability to move limbs and dropping into unconsciousness. I used it occassionally, which increased to weekly for a time. Very addictive, rapid build up of tolerance (from 1/2 pill to 4 for the same medical effect)."

Honest (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "If you are having muscle spasms due to injury, inflammation or for any other reason, this is the right drug for you. It works. Don't go by what doctors say. Many muscle spasm relaxants won't work for you. This also reduces anxiety. If there is strong pain also, take combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol along with Soma. It works like a magic. Only problem is Soma is addiction and habituation prone so be careful. Soma also causes little sedation."

anil566 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I take carisoprodol the only brand that really works tho are the ones with a V on them DEA please leave us who go through proper Dr. Visits and get regularly drug testing alone. It's not fair or more importantly ethical what you are causing the people who are not breaking the law. To have a lesser quality of life and suffer the way we have to as if I were a law breaker. There are by far worse things on the streets just look at the people who fall on the ground foaming at the mouth and eating own flesh !!! Just saying ...stop punishing the WRONG people"

Prefer better quality of life (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I had no side effects from this medication. It was very helpful in stopping the muscle spasms. I felt relief within 40 minutes."

Bebe (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "This is the only muscle relaxant that has ever dented my thoracic outlet syndrome-induced, relentless muscle spasms. I've been on it for at least 15 years, no problems at all. Still on a low 0-2/day dose, didn't become addicted like the opioid crisis hysteria would make you believe. I've been paralzyed before from nerves telling muscles to spasm, then pinching nerves. It's the only one that sort of works on those difficult spasms."

TOSer (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2018

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps "I haven taken Soma for many years for a combination of back pain issues and leg cramps at night. I only took two a day, once at 4pm and once at bedtime. I did take four a day at one time. It works wonders! I don't have a "hangover" I don't need opiates for pain, only Motrin, and I am not a pill seeker. Now, my doc is also scared of the DEA thanks to the idiots who eat this like candy and wants me to take some other muscle relaxer rx'd for multiple sclerosis that "isnt on the schedule." REALLY? This is a small dose, it works, whats going on here? The government needs to get out of peoples medicine chests and their business and let the doctors do their jobs with their trusted patients."

squjirrelgirl (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I was put on Solmar for post polio syndrome it also works as a pain reliever I have been taking it for about three years I don’t always take it the four times a day sometimes I take it just twice a day, it’s very helpful at night because I get like cramps but it really does help with my post polio syndrome I had not noticed any difference it it’s effectiveness Over the past few years"

Glenn (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I suffered major injuries in a motorcycle wreck. Was in an out of a coma for 6 months. Doctor was able to save my leg, took a year before I could walk again. The muscle spasms were non stop as well as the pain. Went thru 10yrs of testing before was placed on a drug treatment program that actually worked, felt like a lab rat. Have been on Soma an Tylenol/Acetaminophen 4 now for 30 yrs. It keeps my pain an muscle spasms at a level I can tolerate an take care of myself."

CRICKET (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I have been taking these for about 12 years. I have nerve pain and muscle spasms with in activity. Waking up not being able to return to deep sleep and sitting for extended periods very painful. Soma works, it is the only RX that works. I have no side effects, helps with staying asleep. It does not cause constipation or heart palpating problems. Other muscle relaxant have those side effects wild dreams and basically make you feel horrible. Soma has been used since 1950. It is the best for me. Doctors and Insurance company don't and me to have it, they would if they had my problems. So far I've had a small problem with obtaining it but overcame situation. I was told it will not be available in 2 years. I will be miserable I'm sure. Thankful I have access for the time being. ."

TNT (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "Only thing that works, no problem getting it in California but Missouri is ridiculous. My doctor prescribes it but the pharmacists don’t want to sell it sell it, wonder why? If they had my pain I’m sure they would sell it to themselves."

Who cares bout me (taken for 10 years or more) February 12, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I haven't been on Soma in a few years. However, today I was experiencing severe neck and shoulder pain and decided to take one. The pain was completely gone within 15 minutes, total pain relief. I have been taking narcotic pain meds but none helped like the soma and as fast. Narcotics pain meds aren't so good for muscle pain and tension"

Blessed1-2 November 6, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I was in a horrific accident.Nothing has worked as well as soma without any effects on the other medicine I take. Why mess with something that works. I also have fibromyalgia which helps with . Also helps muscle spasms. My doctor will still prescribe but insurance won't pay for it. It is hard for me to pay each month but it gives me such relief I feel I have no choice but to buy it. I've tried the ones they suggested they didn't work or clashed with my other meds. Why is it it when a person like me that is in chronic pain finds a combination that works where we can live a more normal life,they want to mess with it. I wouldn't wish my pain, cramps, spasms on anyone but if they had to walk in our shoes one day maybe they'd put more thought into what they will pay for"

Knoleg (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 3, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I have been prescribed Soma for over 20 years. I was first prescribed 180 a month and due to all the controversy over the medication with people taking it wrong or not being prescribed for them my doctor has gotten me all the way down to 120 a month with each new month getting less and less until I won't be able to get them anymore. The reason I have been on them and my Lortab or Norco for so long is because I have had 3 Back surgeries and they still want to do more, 2 NECK surgeries, 4 Shoulder surgeries (2 on each) and Carpul Tunnel surgery on BOTH Hands. These meds have always worked and I DO NOT want to be on anything stronger that I could get seriously addicted to like Oxy's and etc. If I don't have my Soma my spasms are painful."

Beausure (taken for 10 years or more) October 29, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Best and most effective medicine. I was diagnosed with Degenerative disc disease (DDD) and have chronic muscle cramps, soreness, shocking pain at times I lose my breath. Physicians are fearful and forget their duty to treat pain. Seems as if things that work aren't prescribed so you have to continue paying for visits and paying for medicine that doesn't work. Doctors are suppose to monitor patients who abuse and misuse soma but nope, all of us are now drug seeking. I hate that I'm looked at that way. I just use herbal medicine."

Klssocialwork October 18, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Experience horrible muscle spasms due to cerebral palsy was on a very high dose of zanaflex for the last eight years topped out on that and my very brave and forward thinking doc put me on soma three times a day. It does wonders coupled with opiate lyrica and an NSAIDS I virtually have little to no spasms and wake up everyday happy instead of suicidal. I don’t understand why a perfectly harmless drug is so blacklisted it is not a barbiturate after you take soma it turns into meprobamate these drugs mimic barbiturates but are not true barbiturates like pheno or secobarb so doctors out there remember if ur not doing anything wrong the DEA can’t screw with you"

Soma sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "ONLY muscle relaxant that works. Now being ruined by pharma/media/government trying to control abuse by limiting access. Many providers told not to prescribe. Sad for patients who need this."

Sportinjured (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I went three days with a sciatic flare in BOTH legs (and lower back and butt) - finally went to the ER. I was CRYING by this point, could not sit or lie down, just paced in pain. Dr. gave me a valium - did nothing. 20 mins later she gave me a SOMA and prednisone. *POOF* like MAGIC. I got a script for both, and only needed them combo a couple times/year. I found that later, after my fibromyalgia diagnosis, when I had a particularly bad flare, one SOMA and one prednisone and Trazodone to put me to sleep had the same effect - awoke with the flare gone. SOMA was a Godsend to me. Now, in Canada, it's not available. Had to get a hypo of Toradol at the ER for a sciatic flare. Really sad that I cannot get SOMA."

Cathlin (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I have Lupus, and it's compromising my central and peripheral nervous system. This left me with muscle spasms that were so bad I live in fear of them. Soma eliminated this problem, but when the DEA told physicians to stop prescribing it, I became a victim of the war on drugs. I am not a drug addict. I'm a hard working American who doesn't deserve to be treated like this. All this just happened in the last 6 months. Soma worked for me and now I can't obtain it."

Mr Z May 13, 2017