User Reviews for Soma

Muscle Spasm   9.2
Nocturnal Leg Cramps  Off-label 9.1

Reviews for Soma

StarKat · Taken for 10 years or more August 5, 2020

For Muscle Spasm: “I have been on a combination of medicines with no side-effects for over 20 years. Now I can't get Soma. It is the only thing that stops the pain from tight muscles, and reduces muscle spasticity and spasms. I have over 20 chronic illnesses. I have never abused the medications. I may have to go into a facility because the FDA and other groups seem to have their heads in the sand and other dark places. For those of us who have had no adverse side-effects, what they are doing is wrong.”

LDBRIX June 24, 2020

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps: “My leg cramps are so very painful. I've been taking Soma for about 8 year's which have worked quick in taking away the cramping. My current medical provider says that soma is a dirty drug. I hate to disagree but since they quit prescribing the soma, my leg cramping has gotten much worse. How can I convince them that soma is the only answer to my chronic cramping pain.”

Jatle · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 13, 2020

For Muscle Spasm: “I hav chronic muscle and lower back painWith and without 2x350mgx4 =LIKE DAY AND NIGHT!!!”

G April 1, 2020

For Muscle Spasm: “*Fusion L3-4 through L5-S-1 in 99’ (Currently considered FSS) *Fractured hips(3 on left, 4 on right), fractured femur (2 spots), torn tricep, severe nerve damage, torn ligaments & tendons in 4 fingers, fractured meniscus, Torn ACL in 00’ That was a car accident where I wasn’t supposed to make it through the night, let alone walk. Luckily I was in great shape, D-1 dual athlete and for 14 years I had my aches and pains but nothing that Tylenol wouldn’t cure. Now I have tried so many different medications and like most here you begin to feel like a guinea pig trying this, then that. I can say that Soma knocks it out of the park. Not only with relieving spasms and relaxing the body overall, it 100% helps reduce pain. Everyone is different but after many years I’ve finally found something where I feel great and significantly helps better my quality of life. I prefer this medication over any MS or Pain Med.”

NRW · Taken for 10 years or more February 3, 2020

“I agree wholeheartedly with a majority of comments re: Soma! After double spinal fusion & lamenectomy I had arthritis set in and nothing was helpful. I tried other medications (listed here as well) all with terrible side effects: dizziness, ineffective, etc. Soma has been prescribed to me for 12 years. It is extremely effective in relieving the pain associated with arthritis, stiffness, etc. 99% of time I take 1/day at bedtime. Unless my back goes out & I experience spasms. On these rare occasions I follow the dosage of 1 table every 8 hrs. NEVER had an addictive problem and I’m 15 years sober in AA!!! Thank goodness for Soma & the relief it provides without side effects”

CK · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 16, 2020

For Muscle Spasm: “I have a fused left shoulder which causes a lengthy list of problems, but one of the most painful are the enormous knots throughout the back of what used to be my healthy happy shoulder. I am unable to raise my arm more than 6 inches vertically and the devastating & continual atrophy of the muscles I was lucky enough to keep will never stop. I was referred to a pain clinic that fortunately prescribes Soma for me which provides relief I haven't been able to achieve with any other muscle relaxers. I should probably note that I also had a spinal cord simulator planted into my spinal column.”

Lililluminati November 16, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “I was originally prescribed soma for muscle pain in my back after being in multiple car wrecks. My doctor continued prescribing it through the 2011 crackdown by the feds. All the while saying “they’re taking it off the market”. On my last visit I heard that he’s closing his practice so if I cannot find another doctor who’ll prescribe it I’m basically so out of luck. Over the last few months I’ve been experiencing soma outages in pharmacies all over this area. The Watson brand (which anyone who takes this med will tell you is the only one that works well) has been acquired by Teva. In my opinion Teva make subpar meds and their carisoprodol is no exception. However, it’s still the one with the DAN 5513 stamp and that’s the only one that works (albeit not as well). So Teva acquires Watson and just stops making it altogether. Pharmacies are telling me they can’t even backorder it.”

Tiger419o · Taken for 10 years or more November 12, 2019

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps: “Soma is the only one that really works for night leg cramps”

Deb November 7, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “This drug works I have an illness called syringomyelia I have had 7 shunt placements in my c- spine and brain stem due to fluid in the cord growing upward to brain stem . The muscle spasms are intense the shunt goes down my spine and through my left ribs emptying in my abdomen. The problem is I can’t find a doctor in AZ that will prescribe Soma . I moved here from NV where it was one of my medication that worked perfectly with little to no side effects. There is no cure for syringomyelia and I will not be having another surgery please I just want my quality of life back.”

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “I took Soma several years ago and did not have a good experience. I took it one night and laid down and when I woke up I was in a non-responsive state. My daughter had to take me to the hospital and they were assuming it was a bad reaction to the Soma”

Centavo · Taken for 10 years or more October 1, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Soma has been a lifesaver for me, I've been fused C3-C7 (almost whole cervical spine), my entire lumbar spine is bulging and/or torn, I have MS (bad spasms), and inoperable arthritis in both hips. Soma is the only muscle relaxer that works on all those muscle groups. Seems like all the good patients that follow the rules are paying the price due to irresponsible people or addicts. I can still get mine and insurance pays some with a pre approval but who knows for how long”

Michie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “I get this medication every month. It helps with so many things, nerve damage, muscle pain & even sleep. I have used all before refill, and can tell you 100 percent I do not feel any detox from it. I wish it for people addicted to pain meds to receive this instead, it is honestly a cure all. I could be taking addiction causing pain meds. But no need. I honestly fell that this medication may be the answer for our opioid issues.”

Nana03 · Taken for 10 years or more August 7, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “I had been on Soma for the better part of 12 years. It was the best thing I had ever taken for my muscle spasms with my Fibromyalgia. I deal with a lot of pain and muscle spasm plus other things on a daily basis. When the CDC and FDA caused all that ruckus about Soma I was lucky that my Dr. still prescribed Soma for awhile. Then came the day when he was pressured into not prescribing it anymore. I haven't found a muscle relaxant that works yet!”

Ron · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 23, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Soma worked well for me and it's actually the only muscle relaxant that helped with the spasms and pain I deal with (and I've tried all the others like baclofen,flexeril,and tizanidine) it's too bad abusers have caused the CDC and FDA to demonize this medication so that physicians have all but stopped prescribing it. Strange how they do that with all the medications that actually work.”

Marley · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 26, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Soma is my saving grace. Having had severe work injuries and multiple surgeries it is used along with other treatments such as Botox injections, radio frequencies (ablation on the nerves in the lower back), pain meds, therapy etc. Have to agree with the other comments on the government, should keep their remarks on addiction and controlling society out of the lives of people who suffer with chronic pain, not to further mention the impact it has on the treating physician. But yet they are the ones that are putting society at risk by passing drug laws to line their pockets with revenues from the taxes imposed on the sales of these DRUGS. Soma has helped when other medication failed.”

Katz March 9, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Soma works great, yet the DEA reclassified it so now it’s made out to be “heroin” it is actually not that, but it’s getting a bad wrap. Listen, it works for people... we are not the ones abusing it.”

bb February 27, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Most effective drug prescribed to date (350mg bid) for my numerous and severe chronic muscle spasms secondary to degenerative disk disease (DDD) and radiculopathy related nerve pain. Forced to retire from a major academic health center after 35-years of service as a healthcare supervisor, manager, administrator and researcher. I am lucky to have a PCP from the same medical center who treats patients bases on individual "medical need" and "improving quality of their life"-rather than someone else's recreational drug problem. He/She is MY MD-who is highly trained, experienced and licensed to make MEDICAL decisions for their patient on ethical/medical grounds-while the regulatory world and non-caring MD's and other policy makers seek to limit access and make continued use more difficult each year.”

Grammy · Taken for 10 years or more February 16, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “I have been taking Soma 350 since 1982 for muscle spasms in my back on and off with no complications or side effects. Other medications have not worked quite as well for me over the years”

Brian February 8, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “Just left the dentist and my lock jaw and muscle tension has relieved. Many years ago I use them for a back surgery and was very successful for me for a short time though”

Medic19 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: “I have been in two severe rollover vehicle accidents is 3 years. 6 herniated discs and a brain injury. I have been on multiple muscle relaxers and they all suck except for Soma. Flexeril kept me up all night with a pounding heart rate. I literally almost went to the ER. Thank god I found another DR. that has no problem prescribing Soma to me. It really works. I echo some of the sentiments on this board that it's sad that some of us get treated like drug hounds when we ask for medication that actually works. Opioid crisis??? Why don't they start by looking at the 4 times as many people that die each year from alcoholism and related injuries, according to the CDC. FDA let our Dr's do their jobs!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2019

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps: “I'm itchy in my whole body”

CC · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 15, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: “I had been given for recovery of my four level cervical fusion, very effective, I have been given every single muscle relaxer in the book and I have had bad hang over side effects. Soma by far is the best and most effect on the market.I am also reading very addictive, not in my case I take one every night as prescribed, never more. I sleep very restful all through the night and never wake up with a hang over.”

Honest · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: “This medication is incredibly addictive and VERY easy to build up tolerance. It was very helpful when I was laid out, could not move due to back spasm and in incredible pain. It allowed me to move slowly and gently, perform gentle stretches and easy movements for healing. However, with enough dosage, it also comes with an incredibly relaxed feeling, as if all worries are gone and life is a beautiful, often funny experience, full of love. This feeling takes a higher and higher dose to achieve. And comes with side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, lack of motor control. Side effects increase in intensity with increasing dosage to the point of total inability to move limbs and dropping into unconsciousness. I used it occassionally, which increased to weekly for a time. Very addictive, rapid build up of tolerance (from 1/2 pill to 4 for the same medical effect).”

anil566 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 30, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: “If you are having muscle spasms due to injury, inflammation or for any other reason, this is the right drug for you. It works. Don't go by what doctors say. Many muscle spasm relaxants won't work for you. This also reduces anxiety. If there is strong pain also, take combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol along with Soma. It works like a magic. Only problem is Soma is addiction and habituation prone so be careful. Soma also causes little sedation.”

Prefer better quality of life · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: “I take carisoprodol the only brand that really works tho are the ones with a V on them DEA please leave us who go through proper Dr. Visits and get regularly drug testing alone. It's not fair or more importantly ethical what you are causing the people who are not breaking the law. To have a lesser quality of life and suffer the way we have to as if I were a law breaker. There are by far worse things on the streets just look at the people who fall on the ground foaming at the mouth and eating own flesh !!! Just saying ...stop punishing the WRONG people”