User Reviews for Soma

Nocturnal Leg Cramps

Muscle Spasm

Summary of Soma reviews 8.9 160 reviews

Reviews for Soma

For Muscle Spasm "This medication is incredibly addictive and VERY easy to build up tolerance. It was very helpful when I was laid out, could not move due to back spasm and in incredible pain. It allowed me to move slowly and gently, perform gentle stretches and easy movements for healing. However, with enough dosage, it also comes with an incredibly relaxed feeling, as if all worries are gone and life is a beautiful, often funny experience, full of love. This feeling takes a higher and higher dose to achieve. And comes with side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, lack of motor control. Side effects increase in intensity with increasing dosage to the point of total inability to move limbs and dropping into unconsciousness. I used it occassionally, which increased to weekly for a time. Very addictive, rapid build up of tolerance (from 1/2 pill to 4 for the same medical effect)."

Honest (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "If you are having muscle spasms due to injury, inflammation or for any other reason, this is the right drug for you. It works. Don't go by what doctors say. Many muscle spasm relaxants won't work for you. This also reduces anxiety. If there is strong pain also, take combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol along with Soma. It works like a magic. Only problem is Soma is addiction and habituation prone so be careful. Soma also causes little sedation."

anil566 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I take carisoprodol the only brand that really works tho are the ones with a V on them DEA please leave us who go through proper Dr. Visits and get regularly drug testing alone. It's not fair or more importantly ethical what you are causing the people who are not breaking the law. To have a lesser quality of life and suffer the way we have to as if I were a law breaker. There are by far worse things on the streets just look at the people who fall on the ground foaming at the mouth and eating own flesh !!! Just saying ...stop punishing the WRONG people"

Prefer better quality of life (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I had no side effects from this medication. It was very helpful in stopping the muscle spasms. I felt relief within 40 minutes."

Bebe (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "This is the only muscle relaxant that has ever dented my thoracic outlet syndrome-induced, relentless muscle spasms. I've been on it for at least 15 years, no problems at all. Still on a low 0-2/day dose, didn't become addicted like the opioid crisis hysteria would make you believe. I've been paralzyed before from nerves telling muscles to spasm, then pinching nerves. It's the only one that sort of works on those difficult spasms."

TOSer (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2018

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps "I haven taken Soma for many years for a combination of back pain issues and leg cramps at night. I only took two a day, once at 4pm and once at bedtime. I did take four a day at one time. It works wonders! I don't have a "hangover" I don't need opiates for pain, only Motrin, and I am not a pill seeker. Now, my doc is also scared of the DEA thanks to the idiots who eat this like candy and wants me to take some other muscle relaxer rx'd for multiple sclerosis that "isnt on the schedule." REALLY? This is a small dose, it works, whats going on here? The government needs to get out of peoples medicine chests and their business and let the doctors do their jobs with their trusted patients."

squjirrelgirl (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I was put on Solmar for post polio syndrome it also works as a pain reliever I have been taking it for about three years I don’t always take it the four times a day sometimes I take it just twice a day, it’s very helpful at night because I get like cramps but it really does help with my post polio syndrome I had not noticed any difference it it’s effectiveness Over the past few years"

Glenn (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I suffered major injuries in a motorcycle wreck. Was in an out of a coma for 6 months. Doctor was able to save my leg, took a year before I could walk again. The muscle spasms were non stop as well as the pain. Went thru 10yrs of testing before was placed on a drug treatment program that actually worked, felt like a lab rat. Have been on Soma an Tylenol/Acetaminophen 4 now for 30 yrs. It keeps my pain an muscle spasms at a level I can tolerate an take care of myself."

CRICKET (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I have been taking these for about 12 years. I have nerve pain and muscle spasms with in activity. Waking up not being able to return to deep sleep and sitting for extended periods very painful. Soma works, it is the only RX that works. I have no side effects, helps with staying asleep. It does not cause constipation or heart palpating problems. Other muscle relaxant have those side effects wild dreams and basically make you feel horrible. Soma has been used since 1950. It is the best for me. Doctors and Insurance company don't and me to have it, they would if they had my problems. So far I've had a small problem with obtaining it but overcame situation. I was told it will not be available in 2 years. I will be miserable I'm sure. Thankful I have access for the time being. ."

TNT (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "Only thing that works, no problem getting it in California but Missouri is ridiculous. My doctor prescribes it but the pharmacists don’t want to sell it sell it, wonder why? If they had my pain I’m sure they would sell it to themselves."

Who cares bout me (taken for 10 years or more) February 12, 2018

For Muscle Spasm "I haven't been on Soma in a few years. However, today I was experiencing severe neck and shoulder pain and decided to take one. The pain was completely gone within 15 minutes, total pain relief. I have been taking narcotic pain meds but none helped like the soma and as fast. Narcotics pain meds aren't so good for muscle pain and tension"

Blessed1-2 November 6, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I was in a horrific accident.Nothing has worked as well as soma without any effects on the other medicine I take. Why mess with something that works. I also have fibromyalgia which helps with . Also helps muscle spasms. My doctor will still prescribe but insurance won't pay for it. It is hard for me to pay each month but it gives me such relief I feel I have no choice but to buy it. I've tried the ones they suggested they didn't work or clashed with my other meds. Why is it it when a person like me that is in chronic pain finds a combination that works where we can live a more normal life,they want to mess with it. I wouldn't wish my pain, cramps, spasms on anyone but if they had to walk in our shoes one day maybe they'd put more thought into what they will pay for"

Knoleg (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 3, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I have been prescribed Soma for over 20 years. I was first prescribed 180 a month and due to all the controversy over the medication with people taking it wrong or not being prescribed for them my doctor has gotten me all the way down to 120 a month with each new month getting less and less until I won't be able to get them anymore. The reason I have been on them and my Lortab or Norco for so long is because I have had 3 Back surgeries and they still want to do more, 2 NECK surgeries, 4 Shoulder surgeries (2 on each) and Carpul Tunnel surgery on BOTH Hands. These meds have always worked and I DO NOT want to be on anything stronger that I could get seriously addicted to like Oxy's and etc. If I don't have my Soma my spasms are painful."

Beausure (taken for 10 years or more) October 29, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Best and most effective medicine. I was diagnosed with Degenerative disc disease (DDD) and have chronic muscle cramps, soreness, shocking pain at times I lose my breath. Physicians are fearful and forget their duty to treat pain. Seems as if things that work aren't prescribed so you have to continue paying for visits and paying for medicine that doesn't work. Doctors are suppose to monitor patients who abuse and misuse soma but nope, all of us are now drug seeking. I hate that I'm looked at that way. I just use herbal medicine."

Klssocialwork October 18, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Experience horrible muscle spasms due to cerebral palsy was on a very high dose of zanaflex for the last eight years topped out on that and my very brave and forward thinking doc put me on soma three times a day. It does wonders coupled with opiate lyrica and an NSAIDS I virtually have little to no spasms and wake up everyday happy instead of suicidal. I don’t understand why a perfectly harmless drug is so blacklisted it is not a barbiturate after you take soma it turns into meprobamate these drugs mimic barbiturates but are not true barbiturates like pheno or secobarb so doctors out there remember if ur not doing anything wrong the DEA can’t screw with you"

Soma sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "ONLY muscle relaxant that works. Now being ruined by pharma/media/government trying to control abuse by limiting access. Many providers told not to prescribe. Sad for patients who need this."

Sportinjured (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I went three days with a sciatic flare in BOTH legs (and lower back and butt) - finally went to the ER. I was CRYING by this point, could not sit or lie down, just paced in pain. Dr. gave me a valium - did nothing. 20 mins later she gave me a SOMA and prednisone. *POOF* like MAGIC. I got a script for both, and only needed them combo a couple times/year. I found that later, after my fibromyalgia diagnosis, when I had a particularly bad flare, one SOMA and one prednisone and Trazodone to put me to sleep had the same effect - awoke with the flare gone. SOMA was a Godsend to me. Now, in Canada, it's not available. Had to get a hypo of Toradol at the ER for a sciatic flare. Really sad that I cannot get SOMA."

Cathlin (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I have Lupus, and it's compromising my central and peripheral nervous system. This left me with muscle spasms that were so bad I live in fear of them. Soma eliminated this problem, but when the DEA told physicians to stop prescribing it, I became a victim of the war on drugs. I am not a drug addict. I'm a hard working American who doesn't deserve to be treated like this. All this just happened in the last 6 months. Soma worked for me and now I can't obtain it."

Mr Z May 13, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Falling from the third floor into concrete and suffering for strong pain in back and neck."

Katarina221976 May 10, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "This is the best muscle relaxer I have taken. I have a hairline fracture at top of my tibia. This released my knee overnight. It was locked! I take Klonopin so the sedation dizzy feeling was mild. However I didn't mix I skipped soma if anxiety was present."

Kellogs15 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Did not work at all for my neck spasms. Itmade me feel tired and dizzy with NO pain relief at all."

Mel Vasquez (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Soma is a drug that should only be used temporarily. It works wonders but can give you a "drunk" feeling when taking it. If taken for months it can build up in your body and make it toxic. My mother almost died over this drug. Be careful. It's strong and too much of it can stop your heart or breathing very quickly."

Nuitdelamort (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I never got high on this drug. For some reason Soma gets converted to something else which is a barbituate. I got flack from Drs. in 2002 and a pharmacist who said that it was very wrong for anyone to take it. But I have had a DNA test and I am an ultrametabolizer of all benzodiazepines and all but one barbituate ( Doriden ). I no longer take controlled substances because either they don't work on me or more to the point, these days, Drs. just don't like to prescribe them. Upshot, Soma works, but Drs. are scared of the DEA."

PharmasBitch March 10, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I have fibromyalgia, have fractured my back and had fusion surgery in the cervical area of my back. I had taken soma for close to 35 years as it was the only muscle relaxant that worked and I could tolerate. I moved from La. to Tx 4 years ago and had to start using a new pain management dr. I have no problem with the dr. However in Tx no dr will prescribe soma. Now I have daily muscle spasms increasing the overall amount of pain I have. I have developed severe tailbone pain which makes it very difficult to work. It upsets that I had to go from controlled symptoms to totally uncontrolled. I take pain meds but that does not help when you have muscle spasms as I do.only dulls the pain. So my quality of life is horrible and it is not right �"

Bbec (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I had been taking soma for the past 6 or 7 years for muscle spasms. I only ever took one at bedtime to eliminate leg spasms and get a perfect 8 hours of sleep. My doctor will now no longer prescribe it because the FDA morons think they know better than him. Tried Xanaflex, and it left me with what felt like a kidney infection, crazy dreams and it was only good for 4-6 hours of sleep. About to try baclofen. Haven't slept well in 3 weeks. I think the FDA is trying to kill me. If it wasn't so far to Canada, I would leave now."

FEDOUT (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2017