User Reviews for Zanaflex

Learn more about Zanaflex.

Cluster Headaches 6 reviews 35 medications

7.8
Muscle Spasm 76 reviews 55 medications

7.7
Summary of Zanaflex reviews 82 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zanaflex

For Muscle Spasm "Strained my rotator cuff, MD acute care practice prescribed 4mg. I asked both doctor and pharmacist if it was okay to take with Allegra D. Both said yes. Luckily I was safe at home. It was scary how sedated I was. I had set an alarm for an appointment 2hours after taking mess. I got out of bed and could hardly make it to the restroom. Needless to say I cancelled the appointment. Next time I took the Medicines separately and broke the 4 mg table into 1mg. I'm no lightweight but this was too strong for me."

GgGi June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cluster Headaches "I have suffered from daily migraines for over 20 years. Have tried many medicines through the years and this has really decreased the number I have. Went from daily to once every couple of weeks or so. I take 4 mg at bedtime every night and immitrex when I feel one coming on."

Anonymous4863 April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cluster Headaches "Absolutely love this medication. I suffer from chronic migraines and daily headaches. I take 4mg of Zanaflex at breakfast, 2mg at lunch, and 4mg at bedtime. I'll take 6mg during a migraine attack and it helps tremendously with the pain, helps me sleep, and actually helps with the nausea. Zanaflex made me very drowsy at first and still does taken at doses of 4mg. Overall, incredibly helpful drug!"

OodlesOPoodles (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Did not put me to sleep or help with pain. In fact it caused anxiety and made pain worse. I was on 4mg. at night for three days. Quit after that. Don't really know why I was put on it because did not have neck or back pain. I have intractable headache. I personally don't believe in off label uses for pharmaceuticals."

PharmasBitch (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I just had L5-S1 Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery.. 3 weeks after the surgery, I started leaning to the left due to fluid infection surrounding the disc.. My Dr gave me Oxycodone and Tizanidine for the excruciating pain.. Tizanidine / Zanaflex is definitely a 10 when it come to Sciatica and Spasms! Only lasts 3-4 hours, but it works best when combined with pain meds.. Hope y'all find this helpful.."

Joshua Tree (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have been on xanaflex 4mg 3x a day that I take at night ti help me sleep. It helps the muscle spasms in my legs and allows me to sleep. The only problem I have is that it only lasts 4 hours and then I wake up. Works best if you take thr xanaflex, wait 30 minutes and then eat something and the xanaflex will work that much better."

Samson80 September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Well, I really am satisfied w/this medicine. I take it combo w/my pain medication. I was in a car accident two years ago and aside from the pain meds helping me w/pain, this is what actually allows the muscles themselves able to relax so I can sleep better. The one I really can't stand is 'flexeril". I don't what the deal is w/that because of anything, it makes ALL of my extremeties "jump"...like restless leg, but restless EVERYWHERE...(the legs too). The big problem is actually I got a new pain dr., but he only believes in one muscle relaxer and that's baclofen, which does ansolutely NOTHING. His intern told me that I could take two at a time, and still nothing. "

booltr2 January 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have been taking zanaflex for about 2 years. The best thing about this medicine is it helps me sleep and for me there is no grogginess in the morning. I'm totally alert. Not like with other muscle relaxants. However the medicine usually last about 3-4 hours so it's quite common to wake up in the middle of the night. I give it an 8 because it does work really well for me however I wish the effects would last a little longer to get a full nights rest and also because I can't take it in the day because it knocks me out.....cold."

MonkeyTech January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I've been on these for about 8 years. They work good on low back pain, DJD and bulging disc on my neck. Along with other pain killers it works good, but don't drive while on them. They do make you sleepy fast and also they tend to lower your blood pressure and you will get dizzy standing up. You can get a good night sleep on them. I take one 4 mg 2 times a day."

egg plant (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I take this along with Baclofen to try and calm the tone and muscle spasms. Since adding the Xanaflex my muscle spasms don't last as long. However they do still occur quite frequently."

NicoleLynn615 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "So far so good."

loripnyl April 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I first was given Zanaflex about 14 years ago. I had had lower back surgery and some time later started taking it for muscle spasms, with me not playing with muscle relaxers, afraid of damaging my heart, because your heart is a muscle..therefore, I'm real careful with taking relaxants. I love it, it helps alot..and since I'm much older, I'm even more careful. But recently I was in a car accident and hurt my neck and my left shoulder, I was given robaxin which is a skeletal relaxer/ muscle relaxer..it really helps with this new pain. But, I'm not taking the zanaflex and the robin for now. I give zanaflex a ten. It works Great! Hope I was able to help someone."

dailey61 (taken for 10 years or more) March 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Prescribed after 4th lumbar fusion fail. Helps with sleeping in a painful condition"

Anonymous February 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm an active 51-year-old female with severe neck pain, esp. on the right, and probably from playing too many games on Android. I have had trigger point injections, facet blocks, PT, massage, TENS, daily heat therapy, and a host of meds over the past several months. I also take Norco regularly. Soma did not help the neck pain. But this Zanaflex works very well to alleviate the neck pain quickly. I only take it if I don't have to drive (or be social) because of the dry mouth and grogginess. My brother, 29, takes it for his back pain and swears by it, too. I just wish I could get rid of the neck pain. I think it's also improved with my new exercise program: 30 mins on the elliptical, stretches, crunches, and leg lifts, then machines."

rocnrlr (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Zanaflex is "the best" muscle relaxer besides Xanax. It will dry your mouth out but the good outweighs that. This will put you to sleep in 30-45 minutes. No hangovers and memory loss and getting up in middle of night and eating like Ambien makes you. Can take 1/2 during day when required for tight, knotty, hard muscles that hurt so bad from multiple bad surgeries."

mickymouseannette February 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Take this for Neck Spasms after surgery. Taking now for 2 years. Had major surgery. Do not think this is good for me, anyways. I can not stay awake when I take it, thus, I have to take it only at night, and cannot drive, and please do not drive if you take this medication as it, for me, puts me right out. Told 3 doctors this, they will not give me another med for neck spasms and cramps so I use it as I can. It helps, but does make me dizzy and extremely sleepy. If you have sleep Apnea, be VERY cautious!"

DrugExpert101 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I was prescribed Zanaflex for muscle spasms and to help me sleep. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteo/degenerative arthritis, sciatica, and an unspecified autoimmune disorder. It was prescribed as 3-4mg tablets at bedtime but that was too high a dose for me. Sometimes, I have the side effect of really low BP, although I have been taking HIGH BP meds for 5+ years. It doesn't happen all the time (when I take it) but it is very scary when it does happen. I have black outs, feel incredibly high, and can't hold my eyes open, at times. The blood pressure drops have happened, in the past, when I was not on Zanaflex, but this medication just seems to make it worse and I am not going to take it anymore. The side effects are too scary."

Belinda36203 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I was prescribed this medication for muscle pain related to rheumatoid arthritis and chronic tendonitis. Personally I'm VERY sensitive to this medication and suffer the "rare: side effects slurred speech, hallucinations (only at night) disorientation (I've gotten lost in my own room twice when I take 4 mg) low heart rate. The highest dose I have taken is 8mg with Xanax for my anxiety, once I stayed awake although drowsy, I watched a movie; the second time I woke up in ICU for bradycardia, hypotension and change in level of consciousness. Despite talking this daily for 2 months, I still have side effects. My husband says this medicine makes me drunk. I have been taking 1mg at a time. It does work well."

candy's beautiful smile (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I've been on various pain meds and muscle relaxants for years. Soma was working till these past 6 months. I have severe Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Had Cervical Fusion in C5 & C in Jan 1st 2014, had Lumbar fusion in L5 & L4 about 5 years ago & now have Severe Herniated Disc's again at the L5 S1 region with nasty nerve pain radiating down Entire right leg to toes, along with Nasty Muscle Spasms & will be having another surgery soon. Been taking this for 3 days & doing great so far!"

Another surgery soon October 29, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "My mother had taken this for years for leg cramps. She started having hallucinations. She started by having a dream every night for about a month that involved the same people. When she woke up in the morning, her dreams had become reality for her. I finally convinced her to go off the medication and now no more problems. Her cardiologist suggested she go off the medication about 6 month before."

Punky 62 August 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I take this for my Spina Bifida. Helps so much!"

Mp33 July 31, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "After a bad car accident I've been prescribed several medications all of which had side effects that made them not possible to function with. Zanaflex is great, it starts working in about an hour after ingestion, it does make me sleepy so I take it one hour before bed and have a wonderful sleep. I wake up with out any grogginess the next morning. The only reason I didn't rate it a 10 is that if I took it during the day I would be drowsy."

Lilspark77 July 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Zanaflex was working well for my lower back which has been an issue since a car accident in Oct of 2013. This has progressed to a point where I am waiting for an M.R.I. During the last 3 months I have been dealing with spasms in my left leg that went from annoying and limiting my ability to move around slightly to full blown, unbelievably painful leg spasms. The medication is no longer working. I am going to call my doctor on Monday and ask about Soma since it seems to have a much better score when it comes to stopping spasms."

singingtothewheat (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I found this to be a wonderful muscle relaxant with very few, if any, negative side effects. It worked well for me during many bouts of chronic back pain that kept me awake at night. It did make me a little bit sleepy and dizzy, but nothing that bothered me very much at all. At night, this wasn't even a concern, but I could easily take it during the day at work and perform and feel fine. This isn't exactly a "pain" medication but I did find that it worked almost as well for my particular back pain as the narcotic medicines I was also prescribed."

O.Lou (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Zanaflex works great to relieve my lower back pain. However, it seems to keep me awake instead of helping me sleep. I rest well but just do not fall asleep."

Ga boy (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2014