User Reviews for Carisoprodol

Muscle Spasm
8.9

Summary of Carisoprodol reviews 8.8 208 reviews

Reviews for Carisoprodol

For Muscle Spasm: "Been using this for shoulder pain, and back spasms and pain."

Robin (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "I haven taken Soma for many years for a combination of back pain issues and leg cramps at night. I only took two a day, once at 4pm and once at bedtime. I did take four a day at one time. It works wonders! I don't have a "hangover" I don't need opiates for pain, only Motrin, and I am not a pill seeker. Now, my doc is also scared of the DEA thanks to the idiots who eat this like candy and wants me to take some other muscle relaxer rx'd for multiple sclerosis that "isnt on the schedule." REALLY? This is a small dose, it works, whats going on here? The government needs to get out of peoples medicine chests and their business and let the doctors do their jobs with their trusted patients."

squjirrelgirl (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I was put on Solmar for post polio syndrome it also works as a pain reliever I have been taking it for about three years I don’t always take it the four times a day sometimes I take it just twice a day, it’s very helpful at night because I get like cramps but it really does help with my post polio syndrome I had not noticed any difference it it’s effectiveness Over the past few years"

Glenn (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "This brand is not very helpful. I don't know why, but seldom does this brand do any good at all. Have requested pharmacy not fill my prescription if this brand is all they have. Other brands seem just fine, work very well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication is not as effective as I would prefer. It is not the name brand and it gives me headaches"

Sugamama (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I suffered major injuries in a motorcycle wreck. Was in an out of a coma for 6 months. Doctor was able to save my leg, took a year before I could walk again. The muscle spasms were non stop as well as the pain. Went thru 10yrs of testing before was placed on a drug treatment program that actually worked, felt like a lab rat. Have been on Soma an Tylenol/Acetaminophen 4 now for 30 yrs. It keeps my pain an muscle spasms at a level I can tolerate an take care of myself."

CRICKET (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been taking carisoprodol off and on since the early 90s and was not aware that they are addictive or a schedule IV drug until now. Works great for me when I need them for muscle tightness or injury (back muscle), or to sleep restfully. Currently taking one before bed and have not had leg cramps since doing so. I don't wake up groggy the next morning like I do with cyclobenzaprine which made me so loopy I couldn't function. The VA would not prescribe soma and that is how I came to try the flexural which I refuse to take because I can't function properly with it."

DivineMind (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking these for about 12 years. I have nerve pain and muscle spasms with in activity. Waking up not being able to return to deep sleep and sitting for extended periods very painful. Soma works, it is the only RX that works. I have no side effects, helps with staying asleep. It does not cause constipation or heart palpating problems. Other muscle relaxant have those side effects wild dreams and basically make you feel horrible. Soma has been used since 1950. It is the best for me. Doctors and Insurance company don't and me to have it, they would if they had my problems. So far I've had a small problem with obtaining it but overcame situation. I was told it will not be available in 2 years. I will be miserable I'm sure. Thankful I have access for the time being. ."

TNT (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "The carisoprodol 350mgs is not strong as I'm suppose to take 1 every 12 hrs and I feel I need to take more just to get some relief from spasms"

Rena (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "This Med has worked well for me I’m the past but I’ve noticed some times it wouldn’t so I stopped. Got desperate and went back on it. I should add I take it for Fibromyalgia. Recently, I’ve learned that it really matters who the manufacturer is because the active ingredient can vary by 20% and inactive ingredients vary. Drs & pharmacists have told me there is no difference but I’m living it so I know there is. It’s me who suffers when I have a month supply of pills that are garbage because they changed the maker of Med. I’m sure there have been people who have tried a medication and thought it didn’t work but if they had just gotten it from a different manufacturer they could have had some real relief. I’ve found info before on different ones but couldn’t this time around so I’ve been off my Med for 5 days while I scour the Internet for answers. Wish me luck!"

Sick_of_being_Sick (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Only thing that works, no problem getting it in California but Missouri is ridiculous. My doctor prescribes it but the pharmacists don’t want to sell it sell it, wonder why? If they had my pain I’m sure they would sell it to themselves."

Who cares bout me (taken for 10 years or more) February 12, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Morons who come here warning "Beware or you'll OD if you take with benzos" IS WHY WE RELIABLE, zero issue, chronic pain patients CAN'T GET OUR REQUIRED MED DOSAGE! Because you're an irresponsible idiot, who keeps taking too many drugs repeatedly and OD'ing, don't give meds a bad rap! Ask someone to please help dispense your meds! I take 3 mgs. xanax, 4-30 mg. oxycodone split every 4 hrs. & 3 Soma daily. (Was on 4 recommended dose & just cut back, thanks to abusers!) Now suffering through the night, as they last just 3 hours! Prescribed buspar for sleep, but it doesn't equal 1 extra Soma I had. ONLY muscle relaxer that relieves 6 herniated discs, sciatica, osteoarthritis and migraines. I've been on meds 30 years with no issues! People like this guy, we can thank for harsher guidelines and our never ending suffering. Unfairly stereotyped due to losers stupidity! So take your warnings elsewhere, before you ruin it for the rest of us old folks who just want to sleep and function pain free until we die!"

Hurtin for certain February 11, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been taking soma for over 40 years for back pain. I've had 3 back surgeries. 1st one, the doctor removed part of a ruptured disc. and the 2nd one was an inter-body fusion for the same disc. I have degenerative disc disease. Now my insurance will not cover it. My doctor is appealing this. They did this before and it was accepted but now it was denied. Have not found any thing that works. I was taking 350 mg one 3x a day. Afraid of withdrawal symptoms if I have to go off them."

BrendaStarr700 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I was involved in a head on auto accident 35 years ago (hit by a drunk driver, traveling at a high rate of speed & running a red light). I was prescribed Soma for severe back pain and spasms. I have suffered with severe muscle spasms in my low back since then. I would take two tablets before bedtime, which alleviated the spasms and gave me a great nights sleep with no side effects whatsoever. Upon moving to another state, the physicians refuse to prescribe it. I have tried flexeril. It gives me migraines. Soma got rid of them. The flexeril made my mouth so dry, I could not carry on a conversation beyond a few words. AND it does not work! I can't endure this pain and no sleep night after night, week after week, month after month. No one cares"

SpasmQueen (taken for 10 years or more) December 20, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking these meds for spasms for years, Surgery on neck last year so I do take other medicines. Now my insurance will not pay for this prescription this year. Trying to find help from the maker so that I can continue to take them. I don't understand if the doctor is legitimate ( The doc was referred to me by my medical insurance) and you take them as prescribed as well as my other meds. Why are they making it so hard for people that truly need these meds to have some sort of a normal life. I am fed up with pharmacist that think they are doctors and make up their own rules. I had a loaner pharmacist refuse to fill my scripts simply because she did not know my doctor. Same pharmacy for two years."

1960 anonymous November 20, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I haven't been on Soma in a few years. However, today I was experiencing severe neck and shoulder pain and decided to take one. The pain was completely gone within 15 minutes, total pain relief. I have been taking narcotic pain meds but none helped like the soma and as fast. Narcotics pain meds aren't so good for muscle pain and tension"

Blessed1-2 November 6, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I was in a horrific accident.Nothing has worked as well as soma without any effects on the other medicine I take. Why mess with something that works. I also have fibromyalgia which helps with . Also helps muscle spasms. My doctor will still prescribe but insurance won't pay for it. It is hard for me to pay each month but it gives me such relief I feel I have no choice but to buy it. I've tried the ones they suggested they didn't work or clashed with my other meds. Why is it it when a person like me that is in chronic pain finds a combination that works where we can live a more normal life,they want to mess with it. I wouldn't wish my pain, cramps, spasms on anyone but if they had to walk in our shoes one day maybe they'd put more thought into what they will pay for"

Knoleg (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 3, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been prescribed Soma for over 20 years. I was first prescribed 180 a month and due to all the controversy over the medication with people taking it wrong or not being prescribed for them my doctor has gotten me all the way down to 120 a month with each new month getting less and less until I won't be able to get them anymore. The reason I have been on them and my Lortab or Norco for so long is because I have had 3 Back surgeries and they still want to do more, 2 NECK surgeries, 4 Shoulder surgeries (2 on each) and Carpul Tunnel surgery on BOTH Hands. These meds have always worked and I DO NOT want to be on anything stronger that I could get seriously addicted to like Oxy's and etc. If I don't have my Soma my spasms are painful."

Beausure (taken for 10 years or more) October 29, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Best and most effective medicine. I was diagnosed with Degenerative disc disease (DDD) and have chronic muscle cramps, soreness, shocking pain at times I lose my breath. Physicians are fearful and forget their duty to treat pain. Seems as if things that work aren't prescribed so you have to continue paying for visits and paying for medicine that doesn't work. Doctors are suppose to monitor patients who abuse and misuse soma but nope, all of us are now drug seeking. I hate that I'm looked at that way. I just use herbal medicine."

Klssocialwork October 18, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Experience horrible muscle spasms due to cerebral palsy was on a very high dose of zanaflex for the last eight years topped out on that and my very brave and forward thinking doc put me on soma three times a day. It does wonders coupled with opiate lyrica and an NSAIDS I virtually have little to no spasms and wake up everyday happy instead of suicidal. I don’t understand why a perfectly harmless drug is so blacklisted it is not a barbiturate after you take soma it turns into meprobamate these drugs mimic barbiturates but are not true barbiturates like pheno or secobarb so doctors out there remember if ur not doing anything wrong the DEA can’t screw with you"

Soma sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I have bulging and ruptured discs which obviously causes me pain. Soma metabolizes into meprobamate and is wonderful when used/prescribed in tandem with numerous analgesics. Up until the late '90's it was common for Drs to use them together. Meprobamate is still available under a myriad of brands. Most commonly Miltown,Milpath and Equanil. Seems as if ANY drug that MAY cause even the slightest "buzz" is systematically demonized by the DEA,FDA or any of the numerous entities that soap-box the evils of chemicals. Alcohol is probably THE WORST drug in the world yet readily available within walking distance of damn near everyone in any city with a population of at least 200 people. Heck, even in the frickin' jungle there are plenty of alternatives to suffering. The world can be so cold..."

Anonymous August 29, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "I have herniated disks L5 and between C3 and C4. I got a prescription for Carisoprodol and pain killers. Kept the Carisoprodol for a while because I didn't use it. Had a recent spasm in my neck and used two 10mg pills over one day. I was able to really see the effects of just these two pills because I was taking no other drugs at this time. Effects: Next day muscle spasm has subsided significantly. Didn't take more. Side effects: Lethargy. Took an hour nap and it wasn't enough. I never nap. Went to bed early, got up late. Breathing was labored upon waking. Slight headache in the morning, a bit drowsy, slightly dizzy and unenthusiastic about life."

Hooligan1 August 19, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "ONLY muscle relaxant that works. Now being ruined by pharma/media/government trying to control abuse by limiting access. Many providers told not to prescribe. Sad for patients who need this."

Sportinjured (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I went three days with a sciatic flare in BOTH legs (and lower back and butt) - finally went to the ER. I was CRYING by this point, could not sit or lie down, just paced in pain. Dr. gave me a valium - did nothing. 20 mins later she gave me a SOMA and prednisone. *POOF* like MAGIC. I got a script for both, and only needed them combo a couple times/year. I found that later, after my fibromyalgia diagnosis, when I had a particularly bad flare, one SOMA and one prednisone and Trazodone to put me to sleep had the same effect - awoke with the flare gone. SOMA was a Godsend to me. Now, in Canada, it's not available. Had to get a hypo of Toradol at the ER for a sciatic flare. Really sad that I cannot get SOMA."

Cathlin (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2017

For Muscle Spasm: "Has anyone ever paid attention to the manufacturers of these Soma's? I was getting the ones that say 2410 V (by Vintage Pharmaceutical) and now they are giving me these ones that say SG 109 (by SciGen pharmaceutical). These new ones are giving me nausea, horrible headaches. Anyone ever have this experience?"

Wish I had the old ones (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2017