User Reviews for Carisoprodol

Muscle Spasm
8.9

Summary of Carisoprodol reviews 8.8 228 reviews

Reviews for Carisoprodol

For Not Listed / Other: "Carisprodol works really good for getting me past pain and allowing me to sleep at night. My history is that I have had 30+ bad fractures, many non union, that have not repaired. Have been taking it for 10 years, have never abused it. The ones from generic Soma from Vensun Pharmaceuticals don't work. I keep getting them from the pharmacy when I asked them not to give that brand to me. I asked the pharmacist why they don't work. He said I don't know, they are the cheapest. They say I'm the only one that complains about them. I have never complained about the quality of any drug in my life and am 66 years old."

Barry (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I started having full body cramping, feet, thumbs, calves, legs, stomach, back arms etc. so took 350 mg of Soma and it instantly disappeared. After six days developed a rash in groin and under arms. Going to doc this week."

steve April 7, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Soma works great, yet the DEA reclassified it so now it’s made out to be “heroin” it is actually not that, but it’s getting a bad wrap. Listen, it works for people... we are not the ones abusing it."

Katz March 9, 2019

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "Best med for muscle spasms. And you can function during the day, unlike most muscle relaxers I've had.."

never mind (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 4, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Most effective drug prescribed to date (350mg bid) for my numerous and severe chronic muscle spasms secondary to degenerative disk disease (DDD) and radiculopathy related nerve pain. Forced to retire from a major academic health center after 35-years of service as a healthcare supervisor, manager, administrator and researcher. I am lucky to have a PCP from the same medical center who treats patients bases on individual "medical need" and "improving quality of their life"-rather than someone else's recreational drug problem. He/She is MY MD-who is highly trained, experienced and licensed to make MEDICAL decisions for their patient on ethical/medical grounds-while the regulatory world and non-caring MD's and other policy makers seek to limit access and make continued use more difficult each year."

bb February 27, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking Soma 350 since 1982 for muscle spasms in my back on and off with no complications or side effects. Other medications have not worked quite as well for me over the years"

Grammy (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "Just left the dentist and my lock jaw and muscle tension has relieved. Many years ago I use them for a back surgery and was very successful for me for a short time though"

Brian February 8, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been in two severe rollover vehicle accidents is 3 years. 6 herniated discs and a brain injury. I have been on multiple muscle relaxers and they all suck except for Soma. Flexeril kept me up all night with a pounding heart rate. I literally almost went to the ER. Thank god I found another DR. that has no problem prescribing Soma to me. It really works. I echo some of the sentiments on this board that it's sad that some of us get treated like drug hounds when we ask for medication that actually works. Opioid crisis??? Why don't they start by looking at the 4 times as many people that die each year from alcoholism and related injuries, according to the CDC. FDA let our Dr's do their jobs!"

Medic19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "I'm itchy in my whole body"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2019

For Muscle Spasm: "I've had degenerative disc problems since 1993, when I was first prescribed soma by my neurosurgeon. There were intermittent timed I had to try all the other meds because a dr wouldn't prescribe the soma. Nevertheless, Thats what I've been sticking with BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKED FOR. ME. Insurances have been requiring prior authorizations for soma. Soma when it first breaks down into our system ,I read, it becomes equanil ( which is the old tranquilizer miltown). However the feeling is of short duration , usually one to two hours. That may be the reason some drs are uptight these days. "

Slippers January 9, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I had been given for recovery of my four level cervical fusion, very effective, I have been given every single muscle relaxer in the book and I have had bad hang over side effects. Soma by far is the best and most effect on the market.I am also reading very addictive, not in my case I take one every night as prescribed, never more. I sleep very restful all through the night and never wake up with a hang over."

CC (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been on this drug, commonly called SOMA, for years. I have degenerative disc disease, and it is an amazing relief medication. YES, it does make you feel a little drowsy, so I do not take it during the day, but in the early evening when the pain is terrible, it is a wonderful relief. My insurance does NOT cover it, thus I pay full price....argh, but I am so happy with it that I do not want to change. Is it addictive? I don't care. I also take valium. I have taken it for 40 years. Addicted? sure, but I take the same dose, and have for years. Pleased with the results, yes. EVERYTHING has side effects, and we are all going to die of something. I choose to live my life in as much comfort as possible. I also have COPD and Osteoporosis. I can workout at my gym several times a week knowing I can always grab a Soma if necessary."

Sasha (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This medication is incredibly addictive and VERY easy to build up tolerance. It was very helpful when I was laid out, could not move due to back spasm and in incredible pain. It allowed me to move slowly and gently, perform gentle stretches and easy movements for healing. However, with enough dosage, it also comes with an incredibly relaxed feeling, as if all worries are gone and life is a beautiful, often funny experience, full of love. This feeling takes a higher and higher dose to achieve. And comes with side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, lack of motor control. Side effects increase in intensity with increasing dosage to the point of total inability to move limbs and dropping into unconsciousness. I used it occassionally, which increased to weekly for a time. Very addictive, rapid build up of tolerance (from 1/2 pill to 4 for the same medical effect)."

Honest (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "This is a review of ScieGen carasopridol (SG109). My pharmacy use to have Watson Pharmaceuticals (DAN5513) carasopridol which worked great. I don't know why, but ScieGen doesn't work anywhere near as well and supposedly it is the same mg strength. If your Pharmacy pulls this trick, send it back and ask for a refund."

JLXR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "I’ve been on soma for severe muscle spasms . I had two surgeries on my neck with a metal plate I have scoliosis and I also have a sciatic nerve problem . Now my MD tells me I have to go see a pain management doctor so anxious about that - however I do have all my MRIs x-rays that shows everything. I’ve been through bio feedback chiropractic care massage therapy and my 2 surgeries. I have everything I need and I was accepted with a pain management doctor however my MD told me they’re not going to take some off the market and doctors will be prescribing it any longer. Does anyone know if this true ?"

Gypsy September 30, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "If you are having muscle spasms due to injury, inflammation or for any other reason, this is the right drug for you. It works. Don't go by what doctors say. Many muscle spasm relaxants won't work for you. This also reduces anxiety. If there is strong pain also, take combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol along with Soma. It works like a magic. Only problem is Soma is addiction and habituation prone so be careful. Soma also causes little sedation."

anil566 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I take carisoprodol the only brand that really works tho are the ones with a V on them DEA please leave us who go through proper Dr. Visits and get regularly drug testing alone. It's not fair or more importantly ethical what you are causing the people who are not breaking the law. To have a lesser quality of life and suffer the way we have to as if I were a law breaker. There are by far worse things on the streets just look at the people who fall on the ground foaming at the mouth and eating own flesh !!! Just saying ...stop punishing the WRONG people"

Prefer better quality of life (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Motorcycle accident nearly killed me. Many compound fractures, nothing repaired. Have ribs, collarbone, other bones that stick out, hurt. All I got at hospital was morphine pump and a bed. At the mercy of Doctors and the Gov't I've been on Carisprodol 16 years and never had a desire to take more than 2 a day. Makes me tired so I take one before dinner and at bedtime. It really helps pain especially with a narco. Why do some reviewing it talk about taking too much? Your not supposed to take more than Rx'd of any medicine so why go there? It's people like these that have made it hard to get this drug."

EnterUserName August 28, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I had no side effects from this medication. It was very helpful in stopping the muscle spasms. I felt relief within 40 minutes."

Bebe (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Soma (Carisprodal) is best for muscle spasm anywhere in my body. I had 2 fusion surgeries about 5 years ago, plate in neck, artificial hip and severe osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia. I am now 60 years old and doctor won't prescribe the amount of soma that is needed. She always wants to trade off my anxiety meds (Xanax) for the 3 tabs I need daily. She now has changed the mg dose of soma and only gives me 250 mgs monthly. I'm scared for all of us that need the good old fashioned meds. They work. The drug companies are too busy pushing new medication that in years from now who knows what damage they will cause our younger generation."

Dodie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 27, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "This is the only muscle relaxant that has ever dented my thoracic outlet syndrome-induced, relentless muscle spasms. I've been on it for at least 15 years, no problems at all. Still on a low 0-2/day dose, didn't become addicted like the opioid crisis hysteria would make you believe. I've been paralzyed before from nerves telling muscles to spasm, then pinching nerves. It's the only one that sort of works on those difficult spasms."

TOSer (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "Been using this for shoulder pain, and back spasms and pain."

Robin (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Nocturnal Leg Cramps: "I haven taken Soma for many years for a combination of back pain issues and leg cramps at night. I only took two a day, once at 4pm and once at bedtime. I did take four a day at one time. It works wonders! I don't have a "hangover" I don't need opiates for pain, only Motrin, and I am not a pill seeker. Now, my doc is also scared of the DEA thanks to the idiots who eat this like candy and wants me to take some other muscle relaxer rx'd for multiple sclerosis that "isnt on the schedule." REALLY? This is a small dose, it works, whats going on here? The government needs to get out of peoples medicine chests and their business and let the doctors do their jobs with their trusted patients."

squjirrelgirl (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol) for Muscle Spasm: "I was put on Solmar for post polio syndrome it also works as a pain reliever I have been taking it for about three years I don’t always take it the four times a day sometimes I take it just twice a day, it’s very helpful at night because I get like cramps but it really does help with my post polio syndrome I had not noticed any difference it it’s effectiveness Over the past few years"

Glenn (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2018

For Muscle Spasm: "This brand is not very helpful. I don't know why, but seldom does this brand do any good at all. Have requested pharmacy not fill my prescription if this brand is all they have. Other brands seem just fine, work very well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2018