User Reviews for Carisoprodol

Also known as: Soma, Vanadom

Carisoprodol Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Carisoprodol to treat Muscle Spasm

Soma (carisoprodol): "This medication is incredibly addictive and VERY easy to build up tolerance. It was very helpful when I was laid out, could not move due to back spasm and in incredible pain. It allowed me to move slowly and gently, perform gentle stretches and easy movements for healing. However, with enough dosage, it also comes with an incredibly relaxed feeling, as if all worries are gone and life is a beautiful, often funny experience, full of love. This feeling takes a higher and higher dose to achieve. And comes with side effects like dizziness, sleepiness, lack of motor control. Side effects increase in intensity with increasing dosage to the point of total inability to move limbs and dropping into unconsciousness. I used it occassionally, which increased to weekly for a time. Very addictive, rapid build up of tolerance (from 1/2 pill to 4 for the same medical effect)."

Honest (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

"This is a review of ScieGen carasopridol (SG109). My pharmacy use to have Watson Pharmaceuticals (DAN5513) carasopridol which worked great. I don't know why, but ScieGen doesn't work anywhere near as well and supposedly it is the same mg strength. If your Pharmacy pulls this trick, send it back and ask for a refund."

JLXR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2018

"I’ve been on soma for severe muscle spasms . I had two surgeries on my neck with a metal plate I have scoliosis and I also have a sciatic nerve problem . Now my MD tells me I have to go see a pain management doctor so anxious about that - however I do have all my MRIs x-rays that shows everything. I’ve been through bio feedback chiropractic care massage therapy and my 2 surgeries. I have everything I need and I was accepted with a pain management doctor however my MD told me they’re not going to take some off the market and doctors will be prescribing it any longer. Does anyone know if this true ?"

Gypsy September 30, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "If you are having muscle spasms due to injury, inflammation or for any other reason, this is the right drug for you. It works. Don't go by what doctors say. Many muscle spasm relaxants won't work for you. This also reduces anxiety. If there is strong pain also, take combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol along with Soma. It works like a magic. Only problem is Soma is addiction and habituation prone so be careful. Soma also causes little sedation."

anil566 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "I take carisoprodol the only brand that really works tho are the ones with a V on them DEA please leave us who go through proper Dr. Visits and get regularly drug testing alone. It's not fair or more importantly ethical what you are causing the people who are not breaking the law. To have a lesser quality of life and suffer the way we have to as if I were a law breaker. There are by far worse things on the streets just look at the people who fall on the ground foaming at the mouth and eating own flesh !!! Just saying ...stop punishing the WRONG people"

Prefer better quality of life (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2018

"Motorcycle accident nearly killed me. Many compound fractures, nothing repaired. Have ribs, collarbone, other bones that stick out, hurt. All I got at hospital was morphine pump and a bed. At the mercy of Doctors and the Gov't I've been on Carisprodol 16 years and never had a desire to take more than 2 a day. Makes me tired so I take one before dinner and at bedtime. It really helps pain especially with a narco. Why do some reviewing it talk about taking too much? Your not supposed to take more than Rx'd of any medicine so why go there? It's people like these that have made it hard to get this drug."

EnterUserName August 28, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "I had no side effects from this medication. It was very helpful in stopping the muscle spasms. I felt relief within 40 minutes."

Bebe (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2018

"Soma (Carisprodal) is best for muscle spasm anywhere in my body. I had 2 fusion surgeries about 5 years ago, plate in neck, artificial hip and severe osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia. I am now 60 years old and doctor won't prescribe the amount of soma that is needed. She always wants to trade off my anxiety meds (Xanax) for the 3 tabs I need daily. She now has changed the mg dose of soma and only gives me 250 mgs monthly. I'm scared for all of us that need the good old fashioned meds. They work. The drug companies are too busy pushing new medication that in years from now who knows what damage they will cause our younger generation."

Dodie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 27, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "This is the only muscle relaxant that has ever dented my thoracic outlet syndrome-induced, relentless muscle spasms. I've been on it for at least 15 years, no problems at all. Still on a low 0-2/day dose, didn't become addicted like the opioid crisis hysteria would make you believe. I've been paralzyed before from nerves telling muscles to spasm, then pinching nerves. It's the only one that sort of works on those difficult spasms."

TOSer (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2018

"Been using this for shoulder pain, and back spasms and pain."

Robin (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "I was put on Solmar for post polio syndrome it also works as a pain reliever I have been taking it for about three years I don’t always take it the four times a day sometimes I take it just twice a day, it’s very helpful at night because I get like cramps but it really does help with my post polio syndrome I had not noticed any difference it it’s effectiveness Over the past few years"

Glenn (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2018

"This brand is not very helpful. I don't know why, but seldom does this brand do any good at all. Have requested pharmacy not fill my prescription if this brand is all they have. Other brands seem just fine, work very well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2018

"This medication is not as effective as I would prefer. It is not the name brand and it gives me headaches"

Sugamama (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "I suffered major injuries in a motorcycle wreck. Was in an out of a coma for 6 months. Doctor was able to save my leg, took a year before I could walk again. The muscle spasms were non stop as well as the pain. Went thru 10yrs of testing before was placed on a drug treatment program that actually worked, felt like a lab rat. Have been on Soma an Tylenol/Acetaminophen 4 now for 30 yrs. It keeps my pain an muscle spasms at a level I can tolerate an take care of myself."

CRICKET (taken for 10 years or more) April 15, 2018

"I've been taking carisoprodol off and on since the early 90s and was not aware that they are addictive or a schedule IV drug until now. Works great for me when I need them for muscle tightness or injury (back muscle), or to sleep restfully. Currently taking one before bed and have not had leg cramps since doing so. I don't wake up groggy the next morning like I do with cyclobenzaprine which made me so loopy I couldn't function. The VA would not prescribe soma and that is how I came to try the flexural which I refuse to take because I can't function properly with it."

DivineMind (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "I have been taking these for about 12 years. I have nerve pain and muscle spasms with in activity. Waking up not being able to return to deep sleep and sitting for extended periods very painful. Soma works, it is the only RX that works. I have no side effects, helps with staying asleep. It does not cause constipation or heart palpating problems. Other muscle relaxant have those side effects wild dreams and basically make you feel horrible. Soma has been used since 1950. It is the best for me. Doctors and Insurance company don't and me to have it, they would if they had my problems. So far I've had a small problem with obtaining it but overcame situation. I was told it will not be available in 2 years. I will be miserable I'm sure. Thankful I have access for the time being. ."

TNT (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2018

"The carisoprodol 350mgs is not strong as I'm suppose to take 1 every 12 hrs and I feel I need to take more just to get some relief from spasms"

Rena (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

"This Med has worked well for me I’m the past but I’ve noticed some times it wouldn’t so I stopped. Got desperate and went back on it. I should add I take it for Fibromyalgia. Recently, I’ve learned that it really matters who the manufacturer is because the active ingredient can vary by 20% and inactive ingredients vary. Drs & pharmacists have told me there is no difference but I’m living it so I know there is. It’s me who suffers when I have a month supply of pills that are garbage because they changed the maker of Med. I’m sure there have been people who have tried a medication and thought it didn’t work but if they had just gotten it from a different manufacturer they could have had some real relief. I’ve found info before on different ones but couldn’t this time around so I’ve been off my Med for 5 days while I scour the Internet for answers. Wish me luck!"

Sick_of_being_Sick (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): "Only thing that works, no problem getting it in California but Missouri is ridiculous. My doctor prescribes it but the pharmacists don’t want to sell it sell it, wonder why? If they had my pain I’m sure they would sell it to themselves."

Who cares bout me (taken for 10 years or more) February 12, 2018

"Morons who come here warning "Beware or you'll OD if you take with benzos" IS WHY WE RELIABLE, zero issue, chronic pain patients CAN'T GET OUR REQUIRED MED DOSAGE! Because you're an irresponsible idiot, who keeps taking too many drugs repeatedly and OD'ing, don't give meds a bad rap! Ask someone to please help dispense your meds! I take 3 mgs. xanax, 4-30 mg. oxycodone split every 4 hrs. & 3 Soma daily. (Was on 4 recommended dose & just cut back, thanks to abusers!) Now suffering through the night, as they last just 3 hours! Prescribed buspar for sleep, but it doesn't equal 1 extra Soma I had. ONLY muscle relaxer that relieves 6 herniated discs, sciatica, osteoarthritis and migraines. I've been on meds 30 years with no issues! People like this guy, we can thank for harsher guidelines and our never ending suffering. Unfairly stereotyped due to losers stupidity! So take your warnings elsewhere, before you ruin it for the rest of us old folks who just want to sleep and function pain free until we die!"

Hurtin for certain February 11, 2018

"I've been taking soma for over 40 years for back pain. I've had 3 back surgeries. 1st one, the doctor removed part of a ruptured disc. and the 2nd one was an inter-body fusion for the same disc. I have degenerative disc disease. Now my insurance will not cover it. My doctor is appealing this. They did this before and it was accepted but now it was denied. Have not found any thing that works. I was taking 350 mg one 3x a day. Afraid of withdrawal symptoms if I have to go off them."

BrendaStarr700 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2018

"I was involved in a head on auto accident 35 years ago (hit by a drunk driver, traveling at a high rate of speed & running a red light). I was prescribed Soma for severe back pain and spasms. I have suffered with severe muscle spasms in my low back since then. I would take two tablets before bedtime, which alleviated the spasms and gave me a great nights sleep with no side effects whatsoever. Upon moving to another state, the physicians refuse to prescribe it. I have tried flexeril. It gives me migraines. Soma got rid of them. The flexeril made my mouth so dry, I could not carry on a conversation beyond a few words. AND it does not work! I can't endure this pain and no sleep night after night, week after week, month after month. No one cares"

SpasmQueen (taken for 10 years or more) December 20, 2017

"I have been taking these meds for spasms for years, Surgery on neck last year so I do take other medicines. Now my insurance will not pay for this prescription this year. Trying to find help from the maker so that I can continue to take them. I don't understand if the doctor is legitimate ( The doc was referred to me by my medical insurance) and you take them as prescribed as well as my other meds. Why are they making it so hard for people that truly need these meds to have some sort of a normal life. I am fed up with pharmacist that think they are doctors and make up their own rules. I had a loaner pharmacist refuse to fill my scripts simply because she did not know my doctor. Same pharmacy for two years."

1960 anonymous November 20, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol): "I haven't been on Soma in a few years. However, today I was experiencing severe neck and shoulder pain and decided to take one. The pain was completely gone within 15 minutes, total pain relief. I have been taking narcotic pain meds but none helped like the soma and as fast. Narcotics pain meds aren't so good for muscle pain and tension"

Blessed1-2 November 6, 2017

Soma (carisoprodol): "I was in a horrific accident.Nothing has worked as well as soma without any effects on the other medicine I take. Why mess with something that works. I also have fibromyalgia which helps with . Also helps muscle spasms. My doctor will still prescribe but insurance won't pay for it. It is hard for me to pay each month but it gives me such relief I feel I have no choice but to buy it. I've tried the ones they suggested they didn't work or clashed with my other meds. Why is it it when a person like me that is in chronic pain finds a combination that works where we can live a more normal life,they want to mess with it. I wouldn't wish my pain, cramps, spasms on anyone but if they had to walk in our shoes one day maybe they'd put more thought into what they will pay for"

Knoleg (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 3, 2017