User Reviews for Carisoprodol to treat Nocturnal Leg Cramps

Also known as: Soma

Carisoprodol Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Nocturnal Leg Cramps.

Reviews for Carisoprodol

LDBRIX June 24, 2020

Soma (carisoprodol): “My leg cramps are so very painful. I've been taking Soma for about 8 year's which have worked quick in taking away the cramping. My current medical provider says that soma is a dirty drug. I hate to disagree but since they quit prescribing the soma, my leg cramping has gotten much worse. How can I convince them that soma is the only answer to my chronic cramping pain.”

Tiger419o · Taken for 10 years or more November 12, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol): “Soma is the only one that really works for night leg cramps”

never mind · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 4, 2019

“Best med for muscle spasms. And you can function during the day, unlike most muscle relaxers I've had..”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2019

Soma (carisoprodol): “I'm itchy in my whole body”

squjirrelgirl · Taken for 10 years or more May 9, 2018

Soma (carisoprodol): “I haven taken Soma for many years for a combination of back pain issues and leg cramps at night. I only took two a day, once at 4pm and once at bedtime. I did take four a day at one time. It works wonders! I don't have a "hangover" I don't need opiates for pain, only Motrin, and I am not a pill seeker. Now, my doc is also scared of the DEA thanks to the idiots who eat this like candy and wants me to take some other muscle relaxer rx'd for multiple sclerosis that "isnt on the schedule." REALLY? This is a small dose, it works, whats going on here? The government needs to get out of peoples medicine chests and their business and let the doctors do their jobs with their trusted patients.”

brendiejhopee · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 12, 2014

“I started with sciatic leg and groin pain 3 years ago, then after Physical Therapy and being on a traction machine, which felt great and helped with Degenerative lumbar disc disease, I started having Head to toes Full body Tremors. Well no Dr. that I've seen has ever seen anything like what my body goes through so My pain Dr. has me on Hydrocodone and Soma, Carisoprodol 2- 350 mgs a day I still have acute pain from bugling disc and DDD, but the Soma slows down the Tremors in 15 to 30 minutes. I am given only 2 a day/24 hrs but now I think I need one more a day because they only last about 6 hours. I am so relieved to have this medicine because the pain and burning legs an the Tremors muscle pain helps but reoccurs 4 x a day.”

redrobin73 · Taken for 10 years or more August 12, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol): “I have been taking Soma for 14 years and Dr's have tried giving me other muscle relaxants that do not work. When I first started taking them I felt relief very fast. My script is for 4 a day. I usually take 2 at bedtime and they give me the rest I need. They are great for leg cramps and any other muscle problems you may have. They have never made me feel weird or out of it. They don't make me feel drowsy the next day. If I am having a really bad day I will take one mid morning and then in the late afternoon. These work the best and I am not addicted to them.”

peanutmingo · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2014

Soma (carisoprodol): “A childhood auto accident left me with a severe spinal injury. Soma helps a great deal with muscle pain.”

Samuel O'Reilly May 28, 2013

Soma (carisoprodol): “This medicine is a God-send! For years I struggled with restless legs, hypnic jerks and sciatic pain. It was torture. After one dose of Soma, the legs stopped hurting and jerking me awake every 45 minutes. The dopamine agonists (Mirapex and Requip, which made me impossibly nauseated) were not a viable option. Finally, my doctor said, "let's try Soma"; needless to say, the relief was instant and wondrous! The torture is over! The respite from the incessant twitching is nothing short of life changing. I take 525mg just before bed and I am at peace. Sweet, sweet peace! PS: I only take it 30 minutes before bed.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 21, 2012

Soma (carisoprodol): “I had muscle spasms that awoke me from a dead sleep. Soma worked wonders and very quickly too. Tastes horrible when chewed, but I got complete relief in about 10 minutes, and when you are in that much pain, every moment counts.”

Anonymous May 26, 2010

Soma (carisoprodol): “I've used soma for about a year. The only drug that has ever helped. There are no side effects and I sleep well. No jumping up in the middle of the night with a muscle spasm !”

Sybil's friend August 4, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol): “Best of the ones I've tried for leg pain from spinal injury.”

fuge June 17, 2009

“I have to say this is one of the better medications I have ever received, it helps relax and helps a bit wit the pain. ”

Cedrick June 8, 2009

Soma (carisoprodol): “Relaxed little toe.”