User Reviews for Metaxalone to treat Fibromyalgia

Also known as: Skelaxin, Metaxall

Metaxalone has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings for the treatment of Fibromyalgia. 73% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 5% reported a negative effect.

Metaxalone Rating Summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Metaxalone

brighteyez2k March 17, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have fibromyalgia and it helps with my muscle spasms and my back pains and other pains that i have with my fibromyalgia. My doctor only wants me to take it on a as needed basis for the muscles spasms but when the get really bad it helps alot ...”

dancingcat September 15, 2011

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have had fibro and chronic fatigue for years. I used to take Skelaxin occasionally. When I developed degerative bone disease and increasing arthritis, I decided to take it regularly and see what happened. Over a period of a few months, I have found that my pain has reduced significantly. It is one of those drugs that seems to work better when taken regularly as opposed to for an acute attack. The down side is that it is expensive, even in generic form.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2012

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “Went to the doctor yesterday due to muscle spasms from fibromyalgia. She put me on Skelaxin and it's WONDERFUL. I actually felt half way decent for the first time in forever, even able to get some much needed household chores done.”

PateChouxButtercream January 4, 2012

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have fibromyalgia and more recently have been dealing with severe stenosis in my L5 as well as my L2.3.4 that can only be described as crippling. I have been on Skelaxin for two days and I thought my husband and my teen were going to cry because they got their wife and mom, respectively, back, and I can sleep longer than 4 hours at a time. It is nice.”

Charitygirl April 23, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I take Skelaxin for the coat hanger neck pain associated with my neurocardiogenic syncopy, and the severe pain I get from fibromyalgia. I love it! It helps me move more comfortably, and I don't feel exhausted or "high". I used to take Neurontin but that didn't help with pain that much. Being a single mom of 3 kids ages 14, 11, and 2 that wasn't an option.”

Anonymous January 25, 2013

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have fibromyalgia, scleroderma and polymyositus, all have to do with muscle pain and tendon pain. I must say, I went from shuffling in the morning, not being able to walk, to feeling little pain. It's been a month now. I am also on methadone, which, by itself, did not help. I do feel very fatigued, and out of sorts, but, I would rather be like this than the way I was in pain.”

Anonymous June 10, 2009

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have found Skelaxin to almost be a wonder drug. No side effects and my muscle spasms are almost gone, no twitching while I am in an office meeting anymore. I am not foggy and can function normally. This has been great for me.”

Anonymous November 11, 2010

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “Skelaxin has been wonderful for me. I first tried it 3 years ago when I could no longer tolerate the pain and spasms associated with my fibromyalgia. Like many other people, I needed something that I could function with and Flexeril had a sedating effect. I have experienced no side effects on Skelaxin.”

DC in AZ · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2014

“I've suffered with fibromyalgia pain for the last seven years. I just started taking this last week and have already been able to cut my pain medicines in half! For the first time in years, I had a full, active weekend! What a relief.”

angemtb · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2012

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have fibromyalgia and couldn't handle the pain any longer. I went to the doctor today and they put me on Skelaxin. I took one pill and it was like a miracle. AWESOME. They also put me on Lyrica and I haven't taken it yet today. Hoping the 2 meds together will help.”

Anonymous November 7, 2009

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “Wonderful, but expensive, muscle relaxant! This is the only type of muscle relaxant that I can take, experience some relief from pain and stiffness, and still be able to drive, stay awake, etc. LOVE Skelaxin!”

Amy7902 June 10, 2013

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I was having one of my "bad" days. I was expected at my Mother's 80th Birthday party. I took the Skelaxin and felt well enough to go. I am not one for taking medication. I should have brought the next dose with me, I had to leave the party due to the pain.”

Anonymous April 3, 2009

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have fibromyalgia or they say and have been on everything known to mankind even experimental drugs. I am now down to just pain medicines which I am weening myself off of. I tried Skelaxin and has it helped relax the tension I have had for years now. I have been doing stretching exercises and this medicine helps loosen me up so it's not so painful. It's probably just another bandaid but it has helped me so far...very expensive though. ”

Jenna1201 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2017

“Metaxalone just amazed me. Not only does it relieve muscle tension, it has helped with all my pain including fibro, bulging discs, facet joint arthritis, carpal tunnel, and the excruciating pain of dequervians tenosinovitis. Unlike other meds, it doesn't sedate me, and I've had no side effects except a bit of irritability the first couple days. I only hope it continues to work as effectively for years to come. The BEST thing I've taken, and I've tried A LOT of things!”

Buttercup Kitty · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2012

“Although this medicine is very expensive, I only need 400mg every couple of days. I am able to purchase 3-5 800 mg pills per pharmacy visit. I only need to take it when in pain, and it works very quickly, so I'm not changing to another medicine. Flexeril makes me dizzy, dry, and doesn't work as well. Lyrica also makes me dizzy and nauseated. So metaxalone is my blessing. I'm very glad and surprised that I also don't have any side effects, as I am very sensitive to most medicines. Good luck everyone with Metaxalone. It works like a charm for me.”

Teeyah · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

“So far no side effects on metaxalone, but I am not taking the full dose as I have to work in an office with patients and am nervous. But I actually feel improvement it's amazing and I don't feel sleepy or loaded. So far so good. My hands feel relief for the first time in a months. This is the best medicine I've tried for me so far and I've been in pain for 11 years.”

Anonymous February 23, 2011

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I take Skelaxin for my Degenerated Disc Disease, it's helping with pain alot. Also, I'm losing weight because it suppresses my appetite so that's a plus.”

Holycats7 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 31, 2013

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “Helped sleep but caused restless legs syndrome.”

Anonymous March 2, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “my doctor put me on skelaxin to help me get the knots out of my muscles. the only thing that skelaxin has done for me is make me lose weight”

Anonymous February 26, 2009

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I was given Skelaxin for a herniated disc and it has also helped tremendously for my fibromyalgia”

smoore002 April 29, 2008

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I have Fibromyalgia and was prescribed this to help with the pain. It didn't work well at all. Carisoprodol is a much better muscle relaxant. I also take Tylenol w/ Codeine #3 which also helps.”

buffieloo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 10, 2013

Skelaxin (metaxalone): “I take metaxalone when I feel the pain coming on. For at least three days then I stop because I have to still take aspirin for other conditions. It alleviates some of the pain.”

Gramoo September 12, 2019

“Metaxalone are a joke for my fibromyalgia and muscle spasm, They didn't do a thing”

Learn more about Fibromyalgia