User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 126 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Migraine

"I get migraines very bad so bad I have to sit in pitch dark room with no sounds and have to try my hardest not to cry. They get so bad I want to literally punch myself to make it go away or focus pain somewhere else. On scale of 1 to 10 they are way above a 10 nothing and I mean nothing was helping. Not Excedrin not Advil not Tylenol. Nothing. These are my miracle medicine. They take my migraines right away. Bout 25 min and gone. I highly highly recommend for ppl who get migraines 3 times a month. As bad as mine. These ARE MAGNIFICENT."

Branchip1112 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Flexeril relaxes the muscles, which helps relax and calm down and take away a migraine. I take flexeril with fioricet to take mine away. I also have to take a phenergan at first, that's how I know a migraine is starting. These three medications together stops a migraine for me. I just lay down."

Wheezy0330 May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was plagued with level 10 migraines 4 to 10 times a month...usualIy around 20 hrs. duration was prescribed every kind of migraine cocktail imaginable. Mega doses of 5 different anti-seizure medications, beta blockers, and imitrex self injections and nasal spray. Years using this stuff got me nowhere. A PA in the emergency room prescribed cyclobenz and Motrin for my lower back! It worked and my Migraine and neck throb pain solved....however, the medicine knocks me out like I got hit in the head by a brick...small price to alleviate migraine pain!!! I wonder how safe it is to use this medicine for 10 years straight?"

US VET (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Taken 1 pill 10mg. Make me sleepy, tired, loss of energy, dry mouth, fatigue, cannot function next morning at work."

Rambito January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was have problems with contant headaches the beginning of Febuary and now I take one at night when there really bad which isn't very often."

Abby93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed for two-week Migraine (caused by hormones). It didn't make me drowsy but it definitely did make bed more comfortable. The first time I took half of a 10mg pill, but didn't feel anything so I took a second. I did the same thing the next night and woke up in the middle of the night with parts of my body and my face losing sensation/ going numb. I freaked out until it went away an hour later. Not sure if that's entirely normal or not, Pharmacist was vague. I'm scared to take it again."

NicknameAlreadyInUseMyButt (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get a couple of migraines a month. Not sure if they are aggravated by hormones, stress or sinus pressure, probably a combination. Regardless I always have throbbing pain on one side of my head along with tight muscles through the neck and shoulder. Cyclobenzoprine is all that works. About 30 min after taking it I can feel the tension in my head and eyes lift. What a life saver after years of pain. I always back it up with an ibuprofen too. The ibuprofen alone barely touches it."

hayley b (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed flexeril for migraine pain and relief but it actually seems to cause my headaches to get worse instead of better. Flexeril also makes me so drowsy that I can only take it at bedtime and then I wake up feeling completely hung over. Also, flexeril causes me stomach cramps and diarrhea. It definitely didn't work for my headaches and the side effects were ridiculous so I quit taking it."

disappointed patient July 18, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a terrible migraine and took 1/2 of a 5mg. It worked great. Yes, it knocked me out for about 12hrs but that was a small price to pay in order to get rid of the pain. It just works different for people. My boyfriend takes a 10mg for back spasms and he can barely tell he took one. He is a little under 200 lbs and I'm about 140lbs. I do not take this medication on a regular basis. Maybe twice a month if that."

Indianagirl73 January 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works great for occasional migraines but will knock you out cold for at least 12-18hrs, would not recommend as first line treatment but its great if you can't take a triptan due to interaction with SSRIs ."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I don't know if I need a higher dosage or what, but it doesn't help me very well."

crimsonbelle70 January 14, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Amrix is the only muscle relaxer that works for me, and I tried a lot. I also take Topamax and get Botox injections for my migraines. I'm on a low dose antidepressant also. This treatment seems to work for me. I went from 20 migraines a month down to about 5."

Anonymous December 28, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Has done a great job at preventing full blown migranes from interrupting my life when I used to get multiple migranes a week."

Anonymous November 12, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "The only medicine that keeps my migraines manageable. I take it along with Topiramate and a beta blocker, atenolol as well as the when required medicines for when one strikes (Naprelan, and either Frova or Axert or Sumavel injection)."

Babypie September 15, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "From the first warning sign or pain it takes less then 20 minutes to take the migraine away."

Anonymous July 5, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I was first prescribed Flexeril in 1994 and have been in love with it ever since. I suffer from recurring migraines and bad sinus headaches. My doctor at the time tried many different remedies, but the combination of 10mg of Flexeril along with 500mg of Naproxen has been a "100%" effective result since I first took it. I only take it when I am at home though because the Flexeril makes me very sleepy. FYI: body size doesn't matter to this little pill as I'm 6'4", 230lbs!"

Anonymous April 20, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Did not work well for me."

Linkme March 6, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I have used Flexeril for back pain but took one the other night because I had a migraine and couldn't sleep. I've never had relief from any migraine so I was amazed when after about 2 1/2 hours I got out of bed and felt OK to move around. After another hour or two I was feeling drowsy so ended up going to bed but I was happy to discover that Flexeril helped my migraine. It does make me VERY sleepy so I only take it when I don't have much to do the next day. I usually feel lethargic the day after."

coconnor February 14, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Did not work well for me."

sgarrison February 10, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Did not work well for me."

sgarrison February 10, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I have had migraines for the last 10 or so years, as well as insomnia. Flexeril has done wonders to alleviate both of these issues."

lizzie74 January 14, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This works well, but if I take 2 at a time, I pass out and can not be woken up easily for the next 12 hours."

Anonymous December 30, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "This medicine is awesome for migraines and lower back pain"

the surge April 1, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I think this is a decent muscle relaxer that works well to calm one's nervous system down when in high stress. Also works good to help slow pain and aches."

pillzie February 14, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I am an 18 year old female who has only been taking this for about a month. I've had migraines for about 4 years and have been prescribed every kind of beta and calcium blocker you can think of. Right now, I'm taking this along with Tiazac and it seems to be the best combination for me so far. I no longer wake up with pounding headaches, nor get limb weakness or spots. My only complaint is that it takes a few hours to start working, and then it does so full force. I would say to definitely take this before bedtime, and don't plan on doing anything until you get a good rest."

Anonymous November 4, 2008