User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Temporomandibular Joint Disorder

"I was given this medicine when I woke up and my jaw was locked shut. I have TMJ issues and this was the second time it has happened. The first time I was given Robaxin and I had an allergic reaction. Regardless of the allergic reaction (hives) I feel like cyclonenzapine works way better than Robaxin. 45 min after taking it I was able to open my jaw and eat! I'm not sure if it is helping with the pain because I am taking it with hydrocodone 5/300 but it is doing wonders allowing my jaw to open!!! Defiantly recommend this over Robaxin! Also, it makes me tired. Can't drive on it but I don't get so tired that I have to sleep. I can still get stuff done but I wouldn't risk driving!!! Zero side effects besides drowsiness A++"

StephDub (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

"It's not a miracle cure, but it definitely helps. First time I was prescribed it, my jaw had been locked for a little over three weeks. Needless to say, I was pretty desperate to have any kind of fix. After yet another failed appointment with the TMJ specialists, I went to my primary doctor hoping that she had been able to find something new. This time, she prescribed Cyclobenzaprine. No joke, four hours later I could open my jaw. Works like a charm. The pain goes away with it too (no more tension). Only downside, is it makes me sleepy and a little loopy. No driving on this stuff (for me anyways)."

Tobyana (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

"I was prescribed flexeril to take at night before bed for my TMJ as I usually wake up in the morning with my jaw way out of place due to clenching and grinding plus my TMJ on top of that. I gave a 3/10 because it was only effective the first night I took it. Any other time after it never worked again. I even tried taking 2 and still nothing happened."

Court Court September 16, 2015

"I have an unusual type of Tempro Mandibular Joint Disorder that doesn't cause much joint pain, but limits my jaw movement and causes a lot of facial tension/muscle soreness and headaches. I was prescribed Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) with the knowledge that it would not help my primary symptom (limited jaw range) since this was caused by a joint problem, not a muscle one. However, taking cyclobenzaprine significantly reduced my facial tension and headaches, so I definitely found that this medicine helped my TMJ. It might not help, but it's definitely worth a try if your doctor suggests it. I also found side effects to be very minimal."

Sophie626 February 4, 2015

"I was given Flexeril to take at bedtime for TMJ morning headaches and ear pain. I cannot tell if it helps because I have nightmares when I take it. The dreams are so very vivid..."

harveykay November 12, 2013

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "After struggling with Temporomandibular Joint Disorder for years, seeing so many dentists and doctors, I have finally gotten it under control with Flexeril. My doctor finally diagnosed it as muscle spasms and tension from my anxiety disorder. I take Buspar also, and the combination has been a miracle cure for me. I no longer need pain medicines stronger than OTC. I feel so much better."

TMJ cure February 13, 2011

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "This medicine helps ease the pain, discomfort of temporomandibular Joint Disorder associated with these symptoms for me. Tightness in jaw and neck, pain in jaw and neck down to shoulder. Also helps with other symptoms for me that seem to be like fibromyalgia symptoms. I give this medicine a high score. I have no side effects, except that it makes me very sleepy. I take this medicine at night before bed as it knocks me out about 1.5 hours after taking it. I can not take it during the day as I would not be able to function without falling asleep, that is the only bad thing. Sometime only a half of the pill is needed and for others the whole pill. I stay sleeping all night long without any interruptions of discomfort or pain."

Anonymous December 11, 2010

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Helps me sleep, but I don't notice much relaxing of the jaw muscles. I only take 10mg as I don't like pills, so maybe that is why (says I can take up to 20mg). I haven't felt some of what others have said in previous reviews."

Anonymous April 3, 2010

"Helps relax muscles while I sleep so I don't clench my teeth and wake up with pain. Unfortunately, leaves me feeling off balance and hung over the next morning. I'm going to talk to my doctor about lowering the dose to see if it is still effective."

Anonymous May 20, 2009