User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Sciatica

Also known as: Amrix, Fexmid Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine

Cyclobenzaprine Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Miss · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2020

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Been Rx for this med Flexeril for years, I may take it once a month when I have a flare up from my chronic pain from Fibromyalgia . I’m also on Norco (hydrocodone) and take flexeral when needed. It takes 2 hours to start working and it knocks me out, I wake up with less pain and actually able to move in the morning before taking my pain medication. On 10mg, I cannot take it during the day, (I did in the beginning and didn’t notice much) but eventually to only at nighttime.”

Thedoctor · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

“I have degenerative disc disease (DDD). I have intermittently suffered for ten years. Recently it's been bad and has put me in a wheelchair for several months. About a month ago I visited my PCP and he prescribed Tizanidine and Sulanac. After three days my back felt 100 times better. I was walking and standing up straight for the first time in several months. Unfortunately I also developed an allergy to Tizanidine so I called my Doc and had him prescribe Flexeril as a substitute. Robaxin had never worked so I ruled it out. ”

LAf · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

“Cyclobenzaprine does not affect my sciatica pain whatsoever. 8/10 constant regardless of this med in my system or not. Ineffective for radiculopathy.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Doesn’t work for me at all!”

Hurtsbad · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Can not walk. Hurts very bad. Day ,4 not much change”

Chloe · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “I wish I could give Flexeril a rating of zero. I was diagnosed with sciatica 2 weeks ago and was given this medication. I do my physical therapy/stretching each day, but I feel like taking this medicine is useless. It doesn't relax my muscles at all. My pain was at a 9 two weeks ago, but now it's at a 12 after all the daily stretching. I'm in agonizing pain when I sit, walk, move, and Flexeril hasn't helped me at all. I'm glad it works for some people, but for me it works less than ibuprofen.”

Diva · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

“I take this at bedtime for piriformis syndrome (which caused compression of the sciatic nerve) and associated sciatica problems. The cyclobenzaprine works great. No grogginess the next day and no trouble waking to my alarm. The dry mouth is annoying but tolerable. It has been a godsend as I can exercise once again without pain in my butt all the time!”

Raven · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

“I just took my first 10 mg cyclobenzaprine tablet. For sciatica that’s causing severe muscle cramping in my left butt cheek, hamstring muscle and calve. I’m ok if I’m laying or sitting a certain way....but the minute I stand/walk it’s agony. I'm at a point that I’d take drowsy anyway just to get rid of this pain!”

SCADAman December 9, 2018

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “I'm on a lot of other scripts, so maybe others may or may not be helping. I'm taking two extra strength tylenol AM & PM with the flex, they usually help pretty good, but still hurts especially when sitting, standing or walking.”

Cookiez40 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2018

“Was given to help with chronic back pain. Only help when pain is not a 10 plus might help you WITH light to moderate pain.”

tonye320 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2018

“I was prescribed this muscle relaxant along with my other pain medications for L5/S1 disc herniation. It helped with the pain but the side effects were just not worth it. It made me feel extremely lazy and drowsy the entire day. I tried taking it at bedtime but I would end up oversleeping and waking up the next day feeling very lazy with a dry mouth and a headache. I can't even image how I would have felt if I had taken this medication 3 times a day like my doctor recommended.”

Russell · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2018

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Bad disc in neck causing severe muscle spams . This provided great relief , but had all the side effects. Dry mouth, bloating, brain in a fog. I only took 0.5 per day for 5 straight days . I am stopping now to clear my brain.”

Matt2006 February 1, 2018

“It seems to be working with nerve pain from bulging and degenerated disc . I like it”

Heyya'll November 24, 2017

“My sciatica started for the first time about two years ago. I use this to help with muscle spasms down my right leg and in particular in my thigh, but I find it is really more of a treatment of symptoms than the actual pinching. Not that that's bad (it made the pain stop, which is pretty good) but I think the steroids helped actually make the pinching on my nerve relax. Now it's back again, so I'll be headed back to the doctor, but I'm glad to have this muscle relaxer just in case.”

Denizen · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2017

“After more than a month of sciatica pain and chiropractic treatment I woke one morning and could not get out of bed. Called 911 and was taken to hospital in a wheelchair. Within 30 minutes of taking cyclobenzaprine, I was able to walk out of the hospital. That was 8 years ago. I have not had problems since and have not needed to purchase any more medicine than the initial prescription.”

Smalm · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2017

“Ever since falling down the stairs in 2014 my back has never been the same. I get muscle pain in the exact same way and in the exact same spot about three times a year which lasts for 3 months. Chiropractors stretch and pop my back but it just goes back to how it was. I get on the 10 mg dose pill form. I love it. I can walk around and not feel like cursing and crying. I love how it makes me have not much muscle pain after taking it! I think it works so well with my back problems!”

Slick Willy · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2017

“Absolutely great. I'm 80 - started to paint house.”

Bailey1cooper January 16, 2017

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “I have been taking this medicine for almost year and half, it has caused me to have tremors uncontrollable, muscle spasms in my shoulders making them rise up, have had mental challenges thinking this could be neuroligical disease. I only took it at night as soon as it wore off all the nerves took off worst then when I wasn't on it. I stopped the medicine and my body took 3 days to go back to normal.. I made appointment with chiropractor 3 weeks later and he could see the difference. The doctors don't always tell you the information you need. I been in 3 car wreaks with in 1 1/2 years and none of the doctors cought what this medicine was doing to me. I was suffering in alot of pain, all I could say is I'm better without Flexeril....”

notadrugfanbut · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 12, 2016

“For my migrains, back spasms, and sciatica, this was a fantastic find. I take as needed, which is weekly. I have sleep problems and it helped with that too. I take an hour before bed, drink plenty of water with it and in the morning. After a shower, I'm alert again. Sometimes, for whatever reason, I do have drowsiness, but maybe that is hormone related or dosage. I suspect it builds up and then my body hangs on to it at times more than others. Water and nap and I'm usually back. A quick walk to get the blood moving. I'm disappointed I can't do more with my lower back problems - therapy, strength training, yoga, etc. Surgery won't work. This drug has made my year so much better. Thinking of a themepark first time in yr”

Jamie j July 18, 2016

“I took as dr told me and no results have I had. They didn't even take edge off so I doubled up and still nothing. And I haven't taken any pills in years since my last surgery. These are crap”

Juiceybear · Taken for 10 years or more July 10, 2016

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “I have been taking Flexeril 10mg in Combination with Celebrex 200mg. I take both PRN and they work great. I started in 2005 on both meds from a accident at work. Now I also have Fibromialgia , RA and Osteoarthritis. I continue to take flexeril at night and it works great for me. I use a heated mattress pad and flexeril to sleep comfortable and I wake up with less stiffness and not as sore.”

Maisy54321 April 6, 2016

“10mg did nothing for me”

Mbma January 14, 2016

“I find this medication to be very effective with relatively few side effects. Dry mouth being the most bothersome. However I can deal with dry mouth given the pain relief this medication provides”

Sedated · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 4, 2016

“Was prescribed years ago for chronic lower back pain worth sciatica shooting down my left leg. The only thing good about this medication is.... if the pain keeps you awake at night.. enjoy a 12hr deep sleep followed by a stiff jointed barely get up to pee so bad your gonna explode. Most likely because you slept 12 hrs in the same spot. Don't take if your sensitive to meds and you have to function the next day. But if you can lay in bed and recover, great stuff.”

atelise · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2015

“My husband was prescribed this medicine after having 4 months of solid sciatica pain. It STOPPED his pain and he is now 3 months pain free, after one week of treatment.”

Learn more about Sciatica

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)