User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Sciatica (Page 2)

Also known as: Amrix, Fexmid Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine

Cyclobenzaprine has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 59 ratings for the treatment of Sciatica. 42% of those users who reviewed Cyclobenzaprine reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Cyclobenzaprine Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Sedated · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 4, 2016

“Was prescribed years ago for chronic lower back pain worth sciatica shooting down my left leg. The only thing good about this medication is.... if the pain keeps you awake at night.. enjoy a 12hr deep sleep followed by a stiff jointed barely get up to pee so bad your gonna explode. Most likely because you slept 12 hrs in the same spot. Don't take if your sensitive to meds and you have to function the next day. But if you can lay in bed and recover, great stuff.”

Gaia1 October 8, 2014

“Great for the actual issue (sciatica pain) but side effect on me was severe night cramp in both calf muscles and 'hangover' the following day. Stopped taking them - leg cramps were worse than the back pain.”

tonye320 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2018

“I was prescribed this muscle relaxant along with my other pain medications for L5/S1 disc herniation. It helped with the pain but the side effects were just not worth it. It made me feel extremely lazy and drowsy the entire day. I tried taking it at bedtime but I would end up oversleeping and waking up the next day feeling very lazy with a dry mouth and a headache. I can't even image how I would have felt if I had taken this medication 3 times a day like my doctor recommended.”

Thedoctor · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2020

“I have degenerative disc disease (DDD). I have intermittently suffered for ten years. Recently it's been bad and has put me in a wheelchair for several months. About a month ago I visited my PCP and he prescribed Tizanidine and Sulanac. After three days my back felt 100 times better. I was walking and standing up straight for the first time in several months. Unfortunately I also developed an allergy to Tizanidine so I called my Doc and had him prescribe Flexeril as a substitute. Robaxin had never worked so I ruled it out. ”

Heyya'll November 24, 2017

“My sciatica started for the first time about two years ago. I use this to help with muscle spasms down my right leg and in particular in my thigh, but I find it is really more of a treatment of symptoms than the actual pinching. Not that that's bad (it made the pain stop, which is pretty good) but I think the steroids helped actually make the pinching on my nerve relax. Now it's back again, so I'll be headed back to the doctor, but I'm glad to have this muscle relaxer just in case.”

JM2011 August 23, 2011

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): “Taking for back pain in left lower disc. Works very good but I must take it by 8pm or after dinner or I wake up very sluggish the next morning (I wake up at 8:30am) and feel cloudy headed for the whole morning. I only take it when the pain is really bad.”

loli · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2020

“Utterly useless for sciatica. Best drug out there for menstrual cycle. Not sure why. Both are similar in that they can be constant and excruciating. I’m giving it an 8. It’s not the drugs fault it’s prescribed for radiculpathy erroneously.”

lablvr10 May 23, 2010

“I Have used this medicine together with Lortab, when my back totally goes out and all I want to do is lay down. Once my rest time is over, I feel relaxed and do a little stretching on the floor and I feel fine. This medicine definitely helps my condition. I am in my 40's.”

Anonymous July 21, 2009

“I notice no pain relief from this drug. It makes me extremely sleepy throughout the day and causes my mouth to stay dry. At least I get a good nights sleep, but I wake up feeling groggy and never get going after that. Sometimes causes me to feel confused, but maybe that is the groggy effect returning. I'm male, 42 years old, and in good health overall.”

Anonymous January 19, 2011

“I took 10 mg for just over a week at bedtime to help me sleep for back pain, but the lost of taste, or as some say "cotton mouth" is still with me 4 days after stopping the medicines and the grogginess is still in my system. ”

KRS of CA · Taken for 10 years or more December 24, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “I have taken this medcation for years. When my sciatica acts up, I take two and Aleve and go to bed, within a few hours I start feeling better. It is not a pain killer--it is a muscle relaxer.”

Leslianna · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2013

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Has helped tremendously. I am taking 10mg twice a day plus a narcotic. I feel Great as long as I get enough sleep. Virtually no pain due to severe osteoarthritis.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Doesn’t work for me at all!”

Doughgirl · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2021

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “I had been in a rear ended car accident and had neck, shoulder and back spasms. Flexiril worked when I took it first night but I was so foggy the next morning I had to call in sick...bwahaha”

Irish7373 October 2, 2014

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense.”

Anonymous November 7, 2008

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Flexeril does not really take away my pain, but it helps me relax and sleep. If you take too much, it will cause confusion.”

atelise · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2015

“My husband was prescribed this medicine after having 4 months of solid sciatica pain. It STOPPED his pain and he is now 3 months pain free, after one week of treatment.”

Hurtsbad · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Can not walk. Hurts very bad. Day ,4 not much change”

MikeJ August 2, 2009

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “First time I took Flexeril I slept 15 hours straight.”

Anonymous November 3, 2010

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Flexeril and Percocet are the only medicines that help me out of pain with a herniated L5 dics and a pinched nerve.”

LAf · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

“Cyclobenzaprine does not affect my sciatica pain whatsoever. 8/10 constant regardless of this med in my system or not. Ineffective for radiculopathy.”

Slick Willy · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2017

“Absolutely great. I'm 80 - started to paint house.”

Anonymous January 12, 2009

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “I agree with the previous person on this medication for sciatica. It does help you to sleep but does nothing for pain throughout the day.”

TT September 25, 2020

“cyclobenzaprine is the best I’ve had to treat pain due to sciatica and muscle and disk pain”

Anonymous August 17, 2010

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): “Dry mouth is a side effect that is most unpleasant”

Learn more about Sciatica