User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine (Page 4)

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Fibromyalgia 37 reviews 20 medications

Chronic Myofascial Pain 5 reviews 42 medications

5.8
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 301 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

For Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 years ago. I've taken this at night for probably 6 years now. It makes all the difference for me. It allowed me to start working out 5 years ago. I went from walking in a pool to running now, and I've even done several 5ks. A couple years ago I had another neurological pain condition develop that required me to take muscle relaxers during the day as well too. So I was put on a lighter weight (baclofen) muscle relaxer for during the day and to replace this at night. Within a few days of going off of this, I was so stiff I could barely walk. I ended up back on this for my evening dose, and within a couple days I was back to normal activity. So for me at least, this has worked better then anything."

MereRock March 26, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Taking this medication after 3 day I experienced watery bowel motion."

shellesbelles (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I pulled/strained a muscle in my upper back last week, and the pain was so bad, I could hardly breathe. My doctor prescribed Flexeril which I took as soon as possible with a little food - around 2:00 PM. About an hour later I was out COLD - asleep for the rest of the day, that night, and until late the next morning. Good thing I took a couple of days off from work, because I felt drowsy and weird for at least 24 hours after I took it. There's no way I could have driven - much less accomplished anything at work. Having said all this, it really did kill the pain. It's as if I never injured my back. But at what cost? I think I'll take 800 mgs of ibuprofen instead if I ever have a similar injury."

QueenPooch (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I've taken Flexeril off and on since 'late '98 when I was (mis)diagnosed with muscle-spasms (ER trip was due to a kidney stone). Flex was great at relieving muscles spasms for 7 out of 10 days Rx-d. I took it for all 10 days, tho' the low-back spasms were gone after day 7--the kidney-stone-pain, however, remained. I've been taking it "as needed" (having fractured my T12 or L1 vertebra when I was 8, herniated discs, etc--at this writing, I'm 59) for about 6 months, per my PCP. After the first bottle, I told him about the soporific/zombie effects and he now requires me to take it only when I go to bed to sleep. Flex has a 1/2 life of 18-23 hours. Thus, it doesn't wear off fast. A bit of Melatonin helps me get better-than-zombie sleep. :)"

JohnEEADBL March 4, 2015

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I have an unusual type of Tempro Mandibular Joint Disorder that doesn't cause much joint pain, but limits my jaw movement and causes a lot of facial tension/muscle soreness and headaches. I was prescribed Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) with the knowledge that it would not help my primary symptom (limited jaw range) since this was caused by a joint problem, not a muscle one. However, taking cyclobenzaprine significantly reduced my facial tension and headaches, so I definitely found that this medicine helped my TMJ. It might not help, but it's definitely worth a try if your doctor suggests it. I also found side effects to be very minimal."

Sophie626 February 4, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Went to Dr last night for back pain lasting 2 weeks after a fall. Prescribed this medicine 3 times a day at 10mg for 3 weeks along with Naproxyn and physical therapy to start next week. Cyclobenzaprine surely helps with the spasms but I can't stand up without almost passing out from the dizziness."

SJCat (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Twisted my back and taking this medication for back spasm.. Works well in my opinion"

Sz_hcs January 21, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "Finally! Something that actually works. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia almost 2 years ago now and have been on Lyrica and Cymbalta with little relief. My doctor added Flexeril 3 days ago and I am in heaven! I have not felt rested in a very long time and my pain seems to be diminished somewhat. I really feel good and have actually smiled ALL day today. I sure hope this keeps up! Yay for Flexeril!"

Tammy73 January 10, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "My true experience with (Flexeril) is very positive.It will reduce your Flare-ups. I have Chronic Myofascial pain Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Fibromyalgia. I received this Disability from a (Auto Accident). Post means (Trauma). It is wise to make sure you are with the proper Practitioner. Not everyone is capable of treating this painful illness."

def456 January 6, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Yikes! I don't like taking medication of any kind. I've had a frozen shoulder for 8 months and am ready to gnaw off my own arm from the pain and lack of mobility. My PCP prescribed this for shoulder impingement. I took half of a 10 at 8 pm and slept all night. I do have a very dry mouth and feel hung-over this morning. I'd reserve this for bedtime use only."

sleepy001 December 11, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "My doctor has me on FLexeril 10 mg 3 times a day but it doesn't work for me. I have been taking it for 2 weeks now he wants to up my dose. To 20 mg 3 times a day that sounds like a lot to me."

Is it a lot December 10, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Was working fine for L5 pain then one night after dinner I had bad pain I took 1in a half pills 10mg an hour later was experiencing terrible upper back pain above shoulders real bad stomach muscle pain and it was painful to swallow. "

Richard28 December 6, 2014

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I take 10mg 3x a day along with ibuprofen when my lower back starts acting up. I am better in 2 - 3 days. Works great for me. My doctor used to also prescribe a narcotic pain reliever but that did nothing for the pain. Ibuprofen along with Flexeril works best."

HankySpanky November 22, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "It worked great at first but over time its effects diminished. The only thing it really does now is make me tired, I guess I've been on it too long. I would still recommend it for short term use."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "It helps most of the time. But I also take Hydrocodone/Ac twice a day. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoporosis. And take two different meds for that. Leflunomide and methotrexate."

bcy November 15, 2014

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Made me sleep constantly. Did not stop spasms or pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Works very well. My doc said as well that it's only safe for 3 weeks at a time, for flare ups not everyday use. It works very well."

LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2014

For Sciatica: "Great for the actual issue (sciatica pain) but side effect on me was severe night cramp in both calf muscles and 'hangover' the following day. Stopped taking them - leg cramps were worse than the back pain."

Gaia1 October 8, 2014

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense."

Irish7373 October 2, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Perfect for severe up upper back muscle pain and spasms. I could barely stand by the end of a typical work day. Flexeril has made it possible to work and be more comfortable and able to enjoy life. Only side effects I've noticed is slight irritability, dry mouth, and only drowsiness when taken in a large dose or at the end of the day. Dosage is 10mg x 3 times daily. Usually one on my first work break, then 2 on my last break. Typically takes 1.5 hours to 2 hours to kick in so the timing is perfect. Able to enjoy life again, besides being stuck in be all the time."

stashio (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2014

For Migraine: "I get a couple of migraines a month. Not sure if they are aggravated by hormones, stress or sinus pressure, probably a combination. Regardless I always have throbbing pain on one side of my head along with tight muscles through the neck and shoulder. Cyclobenzoprine is all that works. About 30 min after taking it I can feel the tension in my head and eyes lift. What a life saver after years of pain. I always back it up with an ibuprofen too. The ibuprofen alone barely touches it."

hayley b (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "I went to the doctor this week for what I thought was a pinched nerve that caused shoulder pain. She determined that it was muscle strain (trapezius) and prescribed 10mg to be taken twice daily as needed. I took one in the afternoon on Thursday and another Wednesday morning. I ended up sleeping the entire day (except for getting up to make lunch for the kids). Later in the evening I started to feel very weak in my limbs (sort of like when you're getting over a really bad flu where you've been laid up in bed for days). I also started to feel impaired - dizzy, lightheaded, just out of it. The next day I didn't have the limpness, but I still had the lightheadedness and my calves were achy - maybe from too much sleep."

Patrilia (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2014

For Migraine: "I was prescribed flexeril for migraine pain and relief but it actually seems to cause my headaches to get worse instead of better. Flexeril also makes me so drowsy that I can only take it at bedtime and then I wake up feeling completely hung over. Also, flexeril causes me stomach cramps and diarrhea. It definitely didn't work for my headaches and the side effects were ridiculous so I quit taking it."

disappointed patient July 18, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Best medication to help me sleep at night and also help the pain I have Osteoarthritis, and it works wonders. I think I need higher dose, but will ask dr. for that."

JulieJewels43 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2014

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything."

Chuckie Rad July 6, 2014