User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine (Page 3)

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Fibromyalgia 38 reviews 20 medications

Chronic Myofascial Pain 5 reviews 42 medications

5.8
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 305 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Don't take this. Dont even think about it. Play around with tylenol and advil. This medicine's side effects to me: shortness of breath, fatigue stomach pains-sharp pains, unable to sleep. I am drinking as much water as I can to take it out my system but on the verge of an Emergency room visit. Have in mind this is my fist time. Sunday evening. 1 10 mg pill. That was all it took. Be careful. Extremely careful"

Jon22 October 27, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Got this prescribed after a week of constant back pain (twisted my back). 10mg 3X daily. Took one when I got home from the pharmacy (about 12p) and proceeded to be out for about 16 hours. 5 days later I am still having sleeping issues, both getting to sleep and waking up at a reasonable time. When I took the one pill, the back pain was gone, but I can't afford to be sleeping excessively. I'll keep it on hand for when pains are keeping me awake and I can afford to get 16+ hours of sleep, but not recommended if you have to function on a daily routine."

Jen0714 October 25, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "made me very restless and jittery could not sleep"

mistabeck October 21, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I went to my doctor because I knew I pulled a back muscle. I tend to have issues anyways with the piraformus muscle and that aggravates the sciatica. Lower back pain and gluts tend to be an issue with me. I was getting moderate painful back spasms that felt like random poking with a sharp nail. He prescribed 10mg three times a day for 10 days. After the second day of following the instructions, I was sleeping 14 hours a day. I was a zombie, I couldn't function, and I felt depressed. Why I still rate it at an 8/10 is because it did what it was supposed to. I stopped and only take it once at night around bedtime. If you're skeptical at first taking the med, make sure you have the next day off. Don't drive on this."

Acidxnation October 20, 2015

For Migraine: "Prescribed for two-week Migraine (caused by hormones). It didn't make me drowsy but it definitely did make bed more comfortable. The first time I took half of a 10mg pill, but didn't feel anything so I took a second. I did the same thing the next night and woke up in the middle of the night with parts of my body and my face losing sensation/ going numb. I freaked out until it went away an hour later. Not sure if that's entirely normal or not, Pharmacist was vague. I'm scared to take it again."

NicknameAlreadyInUseMyButt (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: "This drug gave me a stomach ache. I just wanted the side effects to be gone. Didn't take long and my stomach pain was gone. I will try eating when I take the pill again. I have bad hip pain as I have arthritis."

Flicca September 24, 2015

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: "I was prescribed flexeril to take at night before bed for my TMJ as I usually wake up in the morning with my jaw way out of place due to clenching and grinding plus my TMJ on top of that. I gave a 3/10 because it was only effective the first night I took it. Any other time after it never worked again. I even tried taking 2 and still nothing happened."

Court Court September 16, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I fell and got severe whiplash which went undiagnosed and thus untreated for 6 months. I now am undergoing treatment to break down the scar tissue that has accumulated (yes, it's as painful as it sounds!) and I'm constantly in pain due to both the tension in my muscles and the breaking down of scar tissue. Doctor prescribed me 10mg twice a day and my pain is completely gone. Yes, I'm a little drowsy, but it's a small price to pay for relief in my opinion."

ReliefFinally September 13, 2015

For Sciatica: "My husband was prescribed this medicine after having 4 months of solid sciatica pain. It STOPPED his pain and he is now 3 months pain free, after one week of treatment."

atelise (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Amrix made me sleepy. And then for a week after 1 pill I was so irritable is was like psycho PMS and I hated everyone and everything. That stuff is toxic and I'll never take another one! Avoid it! Oh and my neck still hurt. Useless."

Choconut (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

For Chronic Myofascial Pain: "All I felt after taking this pill was drowsy and like my legs had blood pooling in them. I fell asleep shortly after taking it and woke up with just as much back pain as I had the night before. In addition, I've felt like a zombie ever since taking it 20 hours ago. I feel like I'll never be the same again. I feel like I'm underwater and neither my eyes nor my brain can focus on or react to anything. Events are just passing me by and I have no reaction. I don't care about anything, I just want to sleep. This is awful and it didn't even relieve my pain."

never again!! August 29, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "my experience with this medication is not great. I'm not typically a "drug sensitive" person. I was prescribed 10mgs of this three times daily (yeah right!) for lower back spasms. I'd rather have the spasms, I took one 10mg pill and started like nodding off and drooling on myself about an hour after taking it. Then, I was out cold. The next day, I felt wasted and hung over. This was like 16 hours later. Sure my pain was gone but it took me about 48 hours to be able to function normally again after taking this pill. No thanks."

BeeInNJ August 19, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Have had lower back pain from an injury 5 years ago picking up an incredibly heavy cabinet full of books. Yeah I know super intelligent! Have tried Xanax, ib protein 800 and Advil and nothing takes the pain away like flexeril 10mg consistantly right before bed! Wonder drug for me! Best part of all its non addicting. Doctor said its a torn muscle on the left side of my spine, also shot me up with a cortisone shot that hurt like hell for days! I have been on it for a week and it's night and day for me, hope it keeps doing what it's doing. Good luck to everyone!"

David Bravado (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been on 5mg of flexeril for about a year & a half. I take it only when needed but I can rarely take it because it makes me sleepy. If I take it late at night I have a hard time waking up the next morning. I've found if I take it by 7pm it's not so bad waking up the next day. I have severe bladder spasms and flexeril has helped (when I can take it)"

Jess94 July 29, 2015

Fexmid (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been suffering horrible chronic pain for the past 15 years, (after being struck by lightning). If only the doctors had tried this before, it could have saved me numerous hours of horrific pain with seemingly no end in sight. This is the best I've felt in years. Now I can start weaning myself off of the hard narcotics I hope. I would recommend this medication for any one that is suffering from severe neuropathy. What a major difference."

Danelforest July 28, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking flexril for two years I have a disc messed up at C5 to C7, I have experienced dry mouth, but it does take care of the pain."

PAMC36201 July 25, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Seems to be helping, to get me through my day.."

Tamstermon (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Cyclobenzaprine actually CAUSES me to feel joint pain plus overall fatigue, far beyond what fibromyalgia does. A few days after taking this, I noticed feeling depression out of nowhere, getting short of breath quickly (I'm fairly young & work out 5-6 days a week for 60-70 minutes a day, so this abnormal for me), my chest felt tight, my body was stiff as a board. I dropped this & just one day later I felt completely back to my normal self."

LizzieforMe July 23, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Did not help what so ever!"

Devine14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I have a bad disk which is causing a pinched nerve. I have a script for 10mg 3x a day, and it takes a couple hours to really kick in, but it does kick in eventually. On the flip side though, by the end of the day and after taking my prescribed amount, I felt very tired..... Then I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and my arms, legs and brain felt like I got zombified.... And the worst cotton mouth ever. All in all, it did what it was prescribed to do...."

pappy1970 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "Makes me extremely sleepy and light headed. Made my neck feel so loose I could hardly hold my head up. Don't like how this makes me feel."

Sbs2224 July 19, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I take this medication for severe abdominal pain associated with IBS. It's the best medication I have found in terms of controlling the pain, and works even better than painkillers. However, like others have noted, it makes me VERY drowsy and just gives me an "out of it" feeling even after it wears off. I would definitely not recommend taking it if you have to drive, take a test - really anything but the most basic physical and cognitive functions are impaired."

Mish190 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "My doctor just prescribed 10mg (cyclobenzaprine) 2X daily, due to disc protrusion in my C6-7 and muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders. I have been taking it for a couple days now and it works great for the pain, however it does make me extremely drowsy! The night before last I took one at bedtime and it knocked me out cold and I slept great, but it made me very fatigued the next day. Luckily it was my day off so I spent it in bed, but my spasms came back in the early afternoon, so I took another one. Again, out cold! Slept all day and decided not to take another one last night because I was still very drowsy. I will reduce my dosage to 5mg around 6pm and see how that works. Definitely not taking during the day unless in severe pain!"

Jzizi128 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I got this medicine prescribed after I threw out a muscle in my shoulder it did help relax my muscles it seemed never did make me tired I've just been sticking with ibuprofen 800mg."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "Was prescribed this for severe Sciatica and piriformis inflammation. This drug did absolutely NOTHING other than knock me out for few hours of deep sleep every time am bad drowsiness. I was then able to find some SOMA which is a miracle pain killer drug by comparison. Even better than the Percosets without apparent side effects. Yet, the doctors are completely paranoid to prescribe it unlike this useless Flexeril. Just check out the reviews on both drugs and compare."

Vacr2638 May 30, 2015