User Reviews for Ibuprofen to treat Gout, Acute

Also known as: Advil, Motrin, Motrin IB, Advil Liqui-Gels, Children's Motrin, Motrin Childrens, Proprinal, Advil Migraine, Caldolor, Advil Children's, Nuprin, PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Advil Junior Strength, Motrin Infant Drops, Genpril, IBU-200, Midol IB, A-G Profen, Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula, Actiprofen, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry Motrin Migraine Pain Addaprin PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Motrin Junior Strength NeoProfen Help I Have An Aching Body Children's ElixSure IB Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops Cap-Profen Motrin Pediatric Advil Film-Coated …show all brand names

Ibuprofen has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Gout, Acute. 71% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 14% reported a negative experience.

Ibuprofen rating summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 29, 2012

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “I have chronic gout problems, been having for 15 years. Advil works good for my back pain and most of the time for joint pain if taken at the first feeling of gout flare. Taking four 200mg caps at a time.”

Kev · March 13, 2020

Advil (ibuprofen): “I had a bad flare up with my gout. I tried colcrys and indomethicin. I still had severe pain. Then I purchased Advil 200 mg ×4. That was the key in addition to the colcrys within a day my swelling went down and by the next day I was walking without pain.”

psarq · August 1, 2010

Advil (ibuprofen): “I have used Advil to treat my gout for years. I start off with 3 when there's pain, then 2 every 6 hours throughout the 1st day. Beyond that, I keep it within the recommended dosage of no more than 1200/day and I typically do that much for the first 3-5 days after an attack occurs. I use the rapid release kind or it doesn't work at all.”

Bill in Texzas · Taken for 10 years or more · June 29, 2018

“Ibuprofen has been my first line of treatment for gout attacks for 30 years and always works quick and fast. If I take Ibuprofen during the week for normal aches and pains it also seems to prevents attacks. Every time a doctor has instructed to me stop taking ibuprofen before or after a procedure I wind up having a gout attack. If I can't take the ibuprofen or any other NSAID then I have used Colchicine, it works but I get serious nausea and diarrhea after one day. I get quick and complete relief from methylprednisolone steroid pack.”

Lanc the tank · September 16, 2009

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “I asked my pharmacist what the best over the counter treatment for arthritis swelling was. He recommended the Advil. I took one capsule at noon, it is close to midnight and my swelling has gone down considerably, the pain has as well.”

Anonymous · December 19, 2009

Motrin (ibuprofen): “Short lived relief with stomach problems if taken long term”

Frank · September 28, 2020

“Ibuprofen is not effective against my gout pain at all. Indomethacin, colchicine, and diclofenac have all been effective, although diclofenac does not eliminate the pain.”