User Reviews for Ibuprofen to treat Toothache

Also known as: Advil, Motrin, Motrin IB, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Children's, Motrin Childrens, Addaprin, Nuprin, Proprinal, Midol IB, Children's Motrin, Actiprofen, NeoProfen, Genpril, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Advil Migraine, Motrin Infant Drops, Caldolor, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Film-Coated, IBU-200, A-G Profen Advil Junior Strength Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula Motrin Migraine Pain PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Motrin Junior Strength Help I Have An Aching Body Children's ElixSure IB Cap-Profen Motrin Pediatric …show all brand names

Ibuprofen has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Toothache. 60% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 30% reported a negative effect.

Ibuprofen Rating Summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Toothache.

Ozarkmom March 27, 2021

“It ONLY WORKS if you stay ahead of the pain. I've had 2 different lower jaw teeth removed at different periods in my life and the pain was tooooo much for 800mg Ibuprofen. Both times I felt like a junkie begging for drugs from my dentist. Really?! You just dug around in my jawbone for 25 minutes and obliterated the soft tissues of my gum and want to treat me like a drug seeker when this Ibuprofen isn't cutting it? It absolutely confuses me how so many people have access to all of these pain killers but when you actually have a procedure that is likely to have massive pain you have to beg, use Ibuprofen, or suffer terrible pain OR take dangerous amounts of OTC concoctions hoping for relief. Stop doing this to people.”

Katt · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2020

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “I took Advil and its the only pain med I am able too. So I'm in in between a rock and a hard place. Because I know why my tooth hurts its swollen I got major gum issues”

Anonymous July 1, 2020

“This has helped, along with codeine tablet. I am taking motrin 800mg every 6 to 8 hours.”

shannon · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 29, 2018

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “I dont know why the rating for this medication is so low , unless it is because people just haven't tried it in which case I would highly recommend doing so. These are my go-to , the liquid medicine means it works faster and though you can't cure tooth pain fast enough , I can always count on these taking the edge off ..I don't bother taking anything else !”

D July 16, 2019

“A lot off people such as myself haven been to the Dentist get a wisdom tooth pulled and I'm looking for something to reduce/stop the pain and ibuprofen SUCKS like I never even took anything... The pain swallows the pill.”

Sarah Craig · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2017

“This drug works wonders. I got all 4 wisdom teeth extracted two days ago and on the first night I had no pain but the second night at around 4:00 am I started getting the worst pain I've ever felt that kept me from sleeping. The first thing I thought of was ibuprofen. I quickly went downstairs to get some. I'm 5'3" and 120 lbs, I took four 200 mg pills as prescribed. It took less than 30 mins to kick in and once it did I felt no pain at all and fell asleep perfectly fine and comfortable. Thankyou very much Stewart Adams for inventing this drug. It's simple but miraculous. Sincerely, Sarah Craig”

Lathalweapon June 13, 2019

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “Been there done that. I've tried everything there is to offer for tooth pain with zero results. I have a huge hole in a lower wisdom tooth as we speak. When waiting to get in to the poor man's dentist it can take a month or more. (Based on income) I have 2 more weeks and I am counting down the minutes. ”

Riri · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2019

“I had my wisdom teeth out and was in agonizing pain. I took a 600mg tablet of ibuprofen with 1 extra strength tylenol as they instructed and it got me through it. Highly recommend. Just don't overdo it.”

Pekky April 20, 2020

“Had a cavity hole, in my tooth and dentist was all booked out for three weeks. Stopped taking Panadol and used ibuprofen, 800mg twice daily. Worked instantly and continued too take until tooth removal, worked wonders highly recommend”

hazchem November 14, 2017

“Had it recommended by the chemist rather than codeine I didn't think anything worked for a toothache but ibuprofen worked for me 2 tabs for start then 1 when it wares off about 6 hours, while waiting for the dentist appointment.”

Ed · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2018