User Reviews for Ibuprofen to treat Headache

Also known as: Advil, Motrin, Motrin IB, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Children's, Motrin Childrens, Addaprin, Nuprin, Proprinal, Midol IB, Children's Motrin, Actiprofen, NeoProfen, Genpril, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, Advil Migraine, Motrin Infant Drops, Caldolor, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Film-Coated, IBU-200, A-G Profen Advil Junior Strength Midol Maximum Strength Cramp Formula Motrin Migraine Pain PediaCare Infants' IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer PediaCare Children's IB Ibuprofen Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer Motrin Junior Strength Help I Have An Aching Body Children's ElixSure IB Cap-Profen Motrin Pediatric …show all brand names

Ibuprofen has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 24 ratings for the treatment of Headache. 71% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Ibuprofen Rating Summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 229 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Ibuprofen

Qu..n · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2020

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “The gel tablets don't work at all for headaches never buying these again.I will only buy the regular Advil.”

Alexa January 12, 2020

Advil (ibuprofen): “I get frequent headaches. By frequent, I mean I’ll get at least one every day. I’ve tried a lot of pain relief methods, but not one method or medicine has worked the way Advil has. Advil is a godsend. I’ve been using it when needed for years now. It’s truly the work of the heavens. It clears up my headache in a half hour maximum. For me, I get no side effects that others talk about (nausea, queasiness, diarrhea, etc.) and it works perfectly. I truly couldn’t imagine a more perfect medicine for pain and fever relief in my life. I recommend this medicine and nothing else for pain.”

Xoxo August 9, 2019

“I have chronic migraines and my Dr prescribed me 800mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day or as needed AND LET ME TELL YOUUUUU... Within 5 mins my migraine literally MELTS AWAY. I can't live without it, it really helps my condition.”

Darchick · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 21, 2017

Advil (ibuprofen): “I used to take Advil for headaches years ago. I must have taken a lot of it, because I had many headaches. It worked great at the time. Now I have micro colitis which can be caused from taking to much of this NSAIDS. I really wish Google was around back in the day when I was popping all those Advil! I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now with my stomach problems!”

Ivanisgreat · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

“I’ve always turned to ibuprofen when I have headaches. It tends to help me by removing the headache in the first place. I recommend you buy the Walmart brand (Equate) because it’s a good generic brand and it works really well.”

S_KittenLover7172006 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 22, 2016

Advil (ibuprofen): “I have used Advil (Ibuprofen) for over a year for most headaches. It works like a charm, better than any other medicine I've tried, even ones previous doctors have recommended (my current one does recommend Advil). When I was a kid, I used the children's Advil (chewable), and it still worked great. It didn't taste like grease, unlike most other children's medicine I had. Now as an adult, I still love it. I've never experienced any side effects, nor have I ever had any negative reactions to it. It starts kicking in super quickly, and the headaches don't tend to come back after I take a tablet of Advil. Overall highly recommended, not too pricey (especially for the amount of drug in each capsule and for the number of capsules in a container).”

Anonymous July 7, 2009

Motrin (ibuprofen): “I take Motrin for my headaches and it works within 30 minutes. I have no side affects. I have tried Aleve, Advil, Tylenol and some prescription drugs for headaches. None have helped me like Motrin does.”

JB 2019 December 26, 2016

Advil (ibuprofen): “Always take this pain pills is the ONLY ONE works for me and I visited to many doctors office and change medication but always back to advil because is more safe to take this compare to the doctor prescription.”

DayDay1988 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 17, 2013

Motrin (ibuprofen): “I've been suffering from headaches/migraines due to stress, menstrual cramps and dry sinuses for 5 years now and I have to say Motrin is very amazing with results. I would usually take 2 to 3 pills with food and about an hour or 2 it takes the pain away. No side effects!”

pseudonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2016

Advil (ibuprofen): “Advil is my pain reliever of choice, and I take it occasionally to relieve severe headaches; however, it is not without its (many) faults. For starters, it often takes as long as 2 hours to start acting. Also, it is VERY hard on my stomach—taking even the smallest recommended dose makes me feel queasy and nauseous. I actually prefer the children's Advil, as it has a similar pain-relieving effect without as much stomach pain. Overall, Advil is a worthwhile pain medication, but I would recommend using it sparingly.”

ShawnaL977 February 2, 2016

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): “STAY AWAY FROM THIS. Took this medication at 5 am when I woke up with a headache. Took an advil extra strength. Shortly after, I was puking my guts up for like an hour. I had an exam that morning too. Needless to say, I failed my exam. Thank you advil. I do not recommend this.”

Joe F January 18, 2018

“I get varying types of headaches; migraine, stress, tension, sinus. Ibuprofen works most of the time but tends to take a while to work. And if taken on an empty stomach, will make you nauseous. I recommend using the gel-caps, as they seem to be softer on the stomach.”

Ali · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 29, 2018

“I am working in hospital and suddenly I had a headache and felt heavy at the same time. So went to the pharmacy ask me to give me a tablet to relief headache and heaviness this was what they gave me and it was great”

Neck Pain Again · Taken for 10 years or more September 19, 2016

“I get frequent headaches that I would describe as a painful tightening of the muscles in the back of my neck on the sides of the spine, right at the bottom of the skull. It's usually centered there but the pain can radiate to the top of my head If I take Ibuprofen early enough I can take 3 pills (600mg) but if it's a full blown headache I have to take 4 or 5 depending on the severity. If I swallow the pills whole it can take as long as 45 minutes to work. But pro-tip: you can chew them (unless it is the slow release form). They don't taste bad and they will work a little faster. Great medication. I don't know what I'd do without it. Came here to learn the maximum dose per day. Have not noticed any bad side effects.”

TittyPuff January 17, 2011

“Had bought 200mg Ibuprofen over the counter today at the pharmacy while receiving my medications. Never did think too much of Tylenol and always did hear the horror stories of Tylenol and liver failure growing up, so as I've become an adult I've weaned towards Ibuprofen. I had a killer headache and took only one 200mg Ibuprofen. Great relief; my headache is long gone. ”

Anonymous October 2, 2011

Advil (ibuprofen): “Definitely relieves my headache.”

rocky_&_me November 21, 2014

Motrin (ibuprofen): “I was in the hospital and the nurse gave me this medication and it woked really good I have used day quill ibuprofen and many more medication and Motrin worked the best”

Eye _ Doc April 15, 2017

“Works better than Tylenol or Aspirin for pain and headache. If I take 800mg within 30mins of the start of a headache, it'll almost always stops it.”

be2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 15, 2015

“Does nothing for my migraines,tylenol works much better”

bxconnector · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2013

Advil Migraine (ibuprofen): “Long term migraine sufferer. First used Axert twice, still had burning, Advil Migraine relieved the burning. Only one day , but seems like it is worth a try.”

be2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 6, 2015

“didn't do much for my headaches”

mikepowell November 14, 2008

“It always helps my mum.”

M$$Di December 18, 2008

“Very good. Works until the next dose is needed.”

Anonymous September 18, 2011