User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 6)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 391 reviews 1090 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 171 reviews 111 medications

8.3
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 562 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Oxycodone

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have chronic pancreatitis-cause unknown (I do not drink alcohol). The pain from this disease is constant and severe. I take Oxycontin 30 mg twice daily and it is very effective in controlling the pain and keeping it, for the most part, at a tolerable level (about 4-5 on the 1-10 pain scale). For occasional episodes of breakthrough pain, which can be very bad, I have oral Dilaudid 2 mg. I do not take this often, only when needed. It helps me avoid trips to the ER for pain control. Dilaudid is not often prescribed for home use. I'm under the care of a pain specialist. Neither my GI nor endocrinologist can prescribe schedule II narcotics. Chronic pancreatitis is one of the most painful diseases a person can have."

LauraLab1 May 11, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have degenerated discs and my knees are degenerating. This med allowed me to work and have a normal life"

psychokitty (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Oxyfast (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Great for fibromyalgia"

EMBLA April 13, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "Best medication for chronic pain. 5 bad lower discs, 1 mid back, 1 removed C6-C7 neck, pinched nerves, sciatica and rheumatoid arthritis. After about a year of therapy and different meds we got to Percocet 10/325 and although not 100% pain free it allowed me to get my life back. Problem I have now is since I've changed jobs and have insurance with Kaiser. Getting a Doctor to put me back on them is almost impossible even with my previous medical records. "

JW1959 April 4, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on oxycodone (30 mg) for almost 2 years along with Vicodin 10/325. I take the Vicodin everyday and take the oxycodone as needed (usually 4 pills a day) it's great. It gives me the power to work and get stuff done. Without this I would be in bed in too much pain to do anything, therefore not able to work and support myself. I strongly recommend this to anyone in pain. It has been the only reason I have been able to carry on in my life."

bublee March 25, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I take oxycodone as a replacement for OxyContin which is no longer covered by my insurance. It is as effective, but I have to take it 4 or 5 times a day instead of 2 and have to always carry some with me. I can only tolerate it from one manufacturer. If I receive a different "brand", the adverse effects are immediate. Dizziness, drowsiness and nausea. I Don't know why this is, and am trying to find out. The problem is that the pharmacy cannot always get the brand I need and I don't know why. The other problem is the pharmacy is only allotted a certain quantity and will run out. I have reduced to total mg I take per day since taking the oxycodone vs. the OxyContin. I just wish I could be assured of receiving the same brand each time."

Flower farmer March 25, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "While I was on Oxycodone I had wonderful success bringing my 10 pain level down to a tolerable level around 6-7. The only "Problem" I had with it was I had trouble with my bowel movements, I had constant constipation. This was easily treated with a daily stool softener. After a year we always change up my pain management medications so as not to have to increase dosage with a different Class II medicine. We did this annually and I have been disabled for nearly 23yrs, with very serious illnesses. I would recommend this to anyone who has Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis/Fibromyalgia/Avascular Necrosis as well as about 15 other diseases."

JT1961 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I have Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis and have tried all anti-inflammatorys with no success. I am on opioids for pain management and find it is enough to allow me to get my jobs done but does not completely remove the pain."

nearly fifty (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on pain medicines for almost 13 yrs. I'm turning 30 in July. I started low at 5mg Percocet then 10mg, and then they threw in 20mg of OxyContin on top of my 10mg Percocet. Nothing worked well not even the Oxycontin. I'm now on 30mg Oxycodone and I do love it, yet it doesn't take away pain, just gets my mind of it and gives me so much energy and motivation. That's a odd side effect for Depression. I'm looking for a medicine that is stronger for when I have the serious break through pains. Never want to lose the oxycodone 30."

Truth_I_Am (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2014

For Pain: "I am 35 and sadly due to genetics and 18 months of radiation therapy in 2005 - 2007 my bones began to deteriorate 3 years ago in my hips and vertebrae. I recently found out due to my disc's degenerating and severely dehydrated my L4 has begun to shift forward. The shifting has begun to compromise my spinal cord and slowly paralyze me from waist downward. By far neurotic pains at beginning stages of paralysis are the most excruciating pains I have ever experienced. I have been prescribed Oxycodone and it has given me a life back. To stand and walk as much as I comfortably can means everything to me. "

YouAddictivePersonality405 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Seems to help pain due to prostate cancer fairly well. As long as it's taken every 4-6 hours as directed. If a dose is taken too late, break through pain seems to occur at end of hour 3. Do not double a dose unless directed by your doctor. Only some mild constipation to report. Daily activities seem to have improved since taking this medication. Can get out and walk with "less" pain. Also, do not feel like I'm "medicated" or "under the influence" in any way like with many other medications. Although as a precaution, I would not operate a vehicle for liability purposes, unless absolutely necessary."

Ted1944b (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "Great pill, works good for pain, don't run out because the withdrawal after 2 weeks of use or longer is bad. "

woodyD February 10, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I use oxycodone for severe pain relief. I am on my fourth knee replacement, same knee ( which is failing again). The medication works and keeps the pain down to a dull roar. I also take regular oxycodone for breakthrough pain relief. Having used morphine sulfate and Dilaudid in the past I find this medication works well. For how long? Only time will tell."

sandylns (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2014

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Only medicine that works properly."

bobertnobert (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 26, 2014

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I have Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis that affects everything in my body (organs and joints) but mainly my lower back. Spinal stenosis, bulging and degenerative discs, severe nerve damage from carpal tunnel in both hands, plus both hips and knees need surgery in the near future also. I take 80mg OxyContin 3 times daily plus Percocet 10mg 3 times daily for breakthrough pain. I have to take my pain medication first thing in the morning before I can take on my day. Have tried MS Contin and it worked fine, just did not last the 12 hours that they say it was suppose to it was more like 6 and Lortabs was like taking a placebo."

RedSouthGirl84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "It works overall very good for me"

wesleypou1978 January 9, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I have a degenerative condition resulting in all the cartilage in my joints and spine deteriorating. I now have 6 completely collapsed vertebrae with severe spinal stenosis. I have had one hip replacement and am trying to hold off as long as possible for other hip, both knees, and shoulder although stem cell therapy has held some promise. I went for 10 years to physical therapy, water treatment, injections into my spine, as well as alternative treatments if acupuncture, chiropractic etc.. with only limited effect. I missed out on activities with my child, lost my job due, and generally was in a constant 8/10 pain daily. After agreeing to pain medication I was able to return to work and have lead a productive life."

PhillipsDE January 8, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "100% effective."

SMJ okee (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2014

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS."

lasvegasgirl67 December 28, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "This medicine helps me the most. I can get out of bed and actually feel no pain. "

Cam22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "Good not many side effects apart from anxiety and mild to moderate depression. Deals good with the pain."

Backpainer man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2013

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Couldnt live without."

the queen of england (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2013

For Pain: "Do you need a loan to at 2% rate? If yes,contact US ON THIS EMAIL..(sherrycandler@gmail.com) with this following details... (1) Full Name,(2)Loan Amount Needed,(3)Duration,(4) country.(5)Phone numbers."

loan offer November 14, 2013

Oxyfast (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I began suffering from severe, chronic pain almost 9 years ago, when I developed a very serious condition known as progressive kyphoscoliosis that affected all levels of my spine. Specifically, my cervical and thoracic spine began to bend forward, while the lower portion of my thoracic and entire lumbo-sacral spine began bending to the right. The end result of this condition is death as the bending spine will eventually crush the heart and lungs. It took a few months to find a doctor near my home, who was willing to treat the severe, chronic pain with MS Contin 100 mg. and my breakthrough pain with the 30 mg Morphine Sulfate IR tablets. This medication stopped the bending. 9 years later I take MS Contin 200 mg 3 X per day and 30 mg Oxy prn."

Caliboy61 November 12, 2013

For Chronic Pain: "I have crps I was in a coma for 6 days and life support for two weeks I was on kidney diyalisis for 35 days and stayed in the hospital the entire time off of that and kidneys back to normal but my spinal cord swelled and leaked fluid so have severe nerve damage on left leg and foot I have trouble walking and had to learn how to again constant burning and electric shocking but this eases the pain the only thing I am worried about is I am 32 and this is a non curable condition over time I will build up a tolerance so be very careful with this medicine"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2013