User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

"Oxy helped me 120% as the pain would instantly leave me... It was hard getting some as my Dr stopped prescribing but then another gentleman who's contact I got from an acquaintance all the way from Canada helped me out and that was how I got me a fresh supply of some very potent generics from home... He could be reached here.. drtony6 artgmale d0tc0m"

mrmeds (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've had orbital implants,kneck surgery, and I am a juvenile diabetic since I was a year old now I'm 50. the pain in my head,kneck, and right arm and the neuropathy in both feet r very very painful. I've been on doxycycline x 6 yrs. it works great but if your treating chronic pain take it when it's time don't wait till pain it at its worse it works consistently better."

Christine C. August 29, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I was in a severe ATV accident when I was 15 (am now 18), and have currently had 26 surgeries mostly on my right hand. Once I was released a few months later, docs basically turned me from a 3 sport athlete to a living zombie. I was taking over 25-30 different medications everyday; mostly pain meds. I remember just poping them like candy. I was on 80mg of MS Contin x4 a day, 30mg oxycodone x5, 30mg morphine x3, 100mcg's fentanyl, 2mg Xanax x3, 4mg x4 Dilaudid and numerous other anti-depressants that I am still on to this day. I don't understand how doctors can prescribe such obscene amounts of opiates when it's pharmastists who study drug interactions as their profession. Am currently working to become a 3 fingered anesthesiologist :)"

Nate-becarefulwhatyoutake August 22, 2016

"It's definitely a good breakthrough medicine. I also take 30 mg ms contin 2x a day with 5 mg oxycodone 4x as needed. I feel it works for about 6 months to a year."

Herbhead87 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

Roxicodone Intensol (oxycodone): "Used with my throat cancer and it helped numb my throat to be able to eat. I lost 200 pounds but this helped me survive and be able to eat most foods... Soft ones anyway... I know opioids are a bitch but without these I would have died of starvation"

Anonymous August 16, 2016

"Dec 2008 I mentioned to my PCP that I had taken some leftover Vicodin from a dental procedure and how much it helped my chronic pain (fibromyalgia, arthritis, severe scoliosis, several abnormalities in both feet.) I was asking for a low dose of Vicodin to take sparingly and he talked me into oxycontin saying what a clean drug it was and there was no limit on how much you can take. Started with 10 mg ER 3x day and 5 mg IR oxy. Fast forward to around 2013, then taking four 80 mg oxycontin and five 30 mg oxycodone. Now I am being forced off with a 1/3 reduction in one month and told I won't have withdrawal. Not sure what he's been reading but it's been hell with more to come . This"medicine" has wrecked my kidneys, given me PAD, etc. STAY AWAY"

Strandednhell (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2016

"On June 7, 2016 my pain management doctor put me on 5 mg oxycodone, twice a day with 15 mg of MS Contin at bedtime. So far the oxy seems to be helping me with my chronic back pain but does not last long. When I see him again in 4 weeks I am going to ask for a higher dose or to take a couple more per day. I'm a newbie at the clinic where he is at now and I think he is just trying to see what works and what doesn't since I haven't seen him in about 3 years. The downfalls for this med is I sometimes get itchy and the risk of addiction."

Miz G (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

"I have been on oxycodone 15 mg for about 4 years now it was working well and then all the sudden I guess I have started getting used to it so it doesn't work right anymore so what I had to do what I had to tell my doctor I think I got an immunities. The doctor told me he says well you have been on it for a while it's up your prescription and some so he upped it to 40 milligrams in the forties work absolutely wonderful I said stay on this for about 2 years and will flip you over to 60 milligram so I said okay I can tell everybody out here these were awesome for pain do not take them the wrong way because you can get very very addicted to him and you'll have to go to rehab "

Led Man (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2016

"pain management vs. side effects are not worth it."

crob272003 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I have been on roxycodone for 7 years now . I was in a bad car wreck.. I was on 8 day when first started on them after wreck. Now I'm on 3 a day. I normally get the blue 30mg tablet with k-8 on it. Today I got a white tablet with rp and 30 imprinted on it. Large white round tablet. I went back into pharmacy thought I had been giving wrong med. No just new u suppose Seem to be working actually better for my pain than the others..."

Lonaka (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I am really glad to see so many positive experiences. I just wish I could say the same. I have been on Oxycontin 40 mg for 6 years. I cannot say that I have found relief. I have peripheral neuropathy and I take the Oxycontin 40 mg twice a day and Methadone 15 mg four times a day. I am in excruciating pain at least 8 eight hours a day and I have trouble sleeping and now I am having a problem with constipation. I don't really think it is the medications fault I think my dose is to low to handle the amount of pain I am in. My doctor will not prescribe anything stronger."

Elsie J (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2016

"Nothing helps with pain as well as oxycodone for breakthrough pain"

Budleucetius (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2016

"This medicine is absolutely amazing for Chronic Pain. HOwEVER, coming off of it is the absolute worse experience I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. Please don't take this medication for longer than indicated. The relief you are feeling now, unfortunately, is not worth the pain you will experience when you stop taking it."

HysterSister (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

"My pharmacy switch my regular pain medicine with this new brand. It has not helped my pain at all, it's made me more constipated then any other medicine in my entire life. I'm wondering if I might have a bowel obstruction from this. I have to take twice the amount of this brand versus the other manufacture. And because of laws I'm now stuck with this medicine for 30 days. I will never use this medicine again."

Carrie1277 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

"I have been on both oxycodone 30mg 8 tablets a day along with oxycontin 40mg for chronic pain issues, also 40 mg kadian, and Xanax for anxiety and soma, muscle relaxer. I can honestly say that the dosage worked great for me and I felt as though my quality of life was back and felt like a.functioning person again"

In pain for ever (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2016

"Better than nothing"

Chronic suffer (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

"works good on my severe pain"

LL8729 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

"It is good for moderate breakthrough pain when used with a fentanyl patch."

Kingbuba (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

"Great pain relief."

Michaeljg1 April 10, 2016

"Worked great after a car accident and i had back and knee injuries. Now since I've been taking so long it doesn't work. I just throw up and suffer in pain all the time. I don't agree with the fact acetaminophen is added. That stuff is garbage plus why add it if we can just go buy it."

Lily12chi14 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Im a ex flooring installer of 17 yrs (11 yrs non-union 6 union yrs) My back is wrecked, I have tears in 2 of my discs at L3/L4 and L4/L5 locations. I have no cartilage left anywhere in my lower back. My PCP put me thru the tests multiple MRI's/CT's injections, lots of predisone and then finally Norco. It took me a few days of being on Hydrocodone before the relief started, but relief it was! I gained much of my functionality back. I was moved up to the higher doses and then on to OxycontinER. Oxycontin had less side effects, and in general felt less wasted. Im now on 60mg x3 daily with 20mg IR 3x daily. Its been very helpful in my life."

RippedDiscs March 26, 2016

Oxaydo (oxycodone): "Breast cancer left side and radiation damage. My left arm is in constant pain. I work long hours so don't want to make any pain meds during work but want something to help me sleep through the night - pain relieve. The OTC meds is tearing my stomach and cause uncontrol bowel movement. Would this help with pain so I can rest? It's been over 16 months and I have not had more than 6 hour sleep. I also want to make sure this is not habit forming"

beeg1234 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I have to laugh when I read some of these comments . Why do I itch ? Because you are taken too much ! Listen I take 7 pills a day of oxycotin 80 mgs and 15 pills a day of roxy 30mgs because a doctor years ago decided it would be the best thing for me and it was the worst thing he ever did to me . I take over 210 80s a month and 450 30s that's is 660 pills a month yes one month ! I would tell anyone do not take these meds I am so addicted to these now and now with Obama and the DEA against them doctors are being told to take ppl off them well that's great now I deal with the withdrawal and it's terrible please please please if you really need the meds take them with caution they become so so addictive doesn't matter who you are"

Wishineverstarted (taken for 10 years or more) March 4, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Oxycodone relieves 85% of my pain and 99% of my fatigue. Side effect, constipation is the only problem I have to deal with other wise this drug works great. I've been taking it about eight years."

bosz (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 14, 2016

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Best for chronic back pain !"

Ruuu (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 13, 2016