User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 82 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "I have stenosis with degenerative disk disease. On low dose and have not had surgery. xtampza is better than not having any pain relief but not by much. Very slow onset, lasts perhaps 8 hours (same as oxycontin) and unpredictible relief depending on diet."

RoyT February 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have severe lower back pain. It's mechanical and stretching helps but it's not enough to stop this kind of pain. I started on bupe but it was not enough. I tried Oxycodone at 10mg not helping. OxyContin that lasts many hours at around 40mg works. If I do stuff around the house or walk for a while I need to take 20mg oxycondone on top. I have done this for two years. I think this is a good drug. However, I'm thinking about going back to bupe as the stretching may have helped over the last year. I won't know unless I try."

J-James (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Very helpful for headaches which I suffer from daily."

berrywater4244 February 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "For Chronic Pain: I take 40 mg oxycontin 3 times per day. I had c3-c7 laminectomy, fusion, two plates. Degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, severe spinal stenosis, regional pain syndrome, bulging disks at t4-t5 and pinched spinal cord in 3 places with severe nerve damage. I was on Morphine Sulfate 30mg for 3 years, now I take the oxycontin with occasional breakthrough meds. I have found 90% of the time, if I take my meds at the same time every day it works just fine, with the occasional bad day here and there. Overall it has worked well for me. I have been on it for a year now."

Bear 75 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"This drug works great"

NDN708 February 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Did not notice any relief in pain. I did develop welts on my face, hot eyeballs, itching like crazy, nauseated most of the times. I also felt as though I constantly had the flu. I would like to back on Norco 10/325 x 6/day or oxycodone 15mg /6 day. oh- severe constiptation. Really disappointed!!"

chronic pain in. (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I have a lot of pain from neck surgery and a list of back problems that have changed my life like so many of you understand. My problem is that I have taken 30 mg a day for 11 years and it just does not work anymore. I can't get a higher dose or a change that might help because its something new. It helped at first but I just want to stay home and do nothing. I feel hopeless for the future and just don't know what to do . No Dr. wants to give these drugs"

KBeetls (taken for 10 years or more) January 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Was given oxycodone about a week ago for severe abdominal pain and let me tell you! The headaches I'm experiencing now are so horrible that I can't function. The pain still is present and I've become nauseated all the time! Going to GI tomorrow and pray they give me an alternative pain medication until they can find out what's causing my abdominal pain"

PrettyRed1971 January 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I have chronic pelvic pain from endometriosis and chronic back pain (lumbar radiculopathy, spinal stenosis, bulging and dried out discs) that began after tearing a ligament near my spine. I was prescribed one 40mg ER tablet every 12 hours. While it did reduce my pain to a 3 from an 8, it also gave me a horrible headache, made me nauseated, caused me to feel hot, and made me sweat. After only 3 days on this "medicine," I had to stop taking it because I could not tolerate those horrid side effects. The only reason I gave it a 3 out of 10 is that it did relieve the pain, but the benefits did not outweigh the nasty side effects. This stuff seemed like pure poison to me. TAKE THIS MEDICATION WITH EXTREME CAUTION"

EndoM (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Oxaydo (oxycodone): "Absolutely terrible medicine!! Does nothing for pain. Ibuprofen 800 is about the equivalent. Not to mention constipation. Asked to be lowered from these to 5mg regular oxycodone & my doc wouldn't do it. Needless to say I'm in the process of finding a new doctor. If you have a choice between Oxyado & anything else opt for the latter."

BackPain23 January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "I have had chronic back pain for 35 years, Consisting of 7 lumbar surgeries, fusion with steel and titanium rods and screws. I have had numerous pain Doctors prescribing numerous pain meds. I considered the meds to be successful if they stopped 1/2 the pain."

Nick W (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"This medication provides more consistent relief than any medication, treatment, or intervention I have tried."

PCISME (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Not only eases pain but also seems to ease the concomitant depression and improves mood."

Nikacat (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "They don't work. I take 7.5 mg of percocet for break through pain. I've been in agonizing pain for a year. Possibly having surgery soon. Any suggestions to talk to my dr about . This is horrible with no quality of life."

Rpal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have chronic back pain from degenerative disc disease. I have disc herniations from L-2, L-3 down to L-5, S-1; along with spinal stenosis-different moderations depending on the disc and spinal arthritis. To answer someone's question about how many OxyContin 80 ER pills can be prescribed per day. Legally, the answer is 4- 2 in the morning and 2 at night-which is what I receive; at one time they made 160mg OxyContin but they are no longer produced in the US. To whomever said they were prescribed 8 of them a day- illegal or not from the US. It is an extended release medication meant to last 12 hours. I will be the first to say when they switched to the new for Formula, I didn't feel as though they were as effective and went from 2-4."

Nolamom2three (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I've been taking oxycodone for roughly 5 years....I've gone a few weekends without it before because I've ran out but never experienced any withdrawal symptoms. It works great if you take it exactly when you need to and don't exceed your prescribed amount or take it early. I've been living with chronic pain for years...have had a complete joint replacement on one side and and anchor placed on the other side of my jaw. The surgeries help immensely but I'll still always be in pain. Been taking the same dosage of 10mg 3x a day for the 5 years and yes my body is used to the effects so it doesn't work as well but it works well enough and I refuse to take a higher dosage or more pills per day because...well let's face it..this medicine is scarey"

Boscovitch (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Oxaydo (oxycodone): "HORRIBLE medication. This is my first review for anything but I felt I had to say something. I was on oxycodone 10/325 for years for chronic pain and never had a problem with side effects. Since being on Oxaydo, from day one, I've felt sick. Stomach pain and burning, nausea, constipation, horrible headaches and bouts of dizziness not to mention I'm in more pain now than ever. I've barely left the house since I started this crap. While I think an abuse-deterrent is a great idea, something is not right with this medication."

Anonymous2006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"herniated disc at L5-S1. I take 30mg a day and it works great for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I suffer with severe chronic neck and back pain from herniated disc, lumbar lateral recess stenosis, cervical stenosis, osteoarthritis of the facet joints, and nerve damage etc. This medicine gives me better quality of life than I wouldn't be able to live if I didn't have it. It gives me the ability to get up and have a somewhat normal day as as normal as it will get without this medicine I would be bedridden"

Bellasboi01 (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

OxyContin (oxycodone): "i am trying to get info on what the max dose should be-I was on eight 80mgs a day-new dr brought me down to three-its not enough-I have been pleading with him for 6 months now-I have been taking them since they first came out and 900 mgs of morphine b4 that-broke my back at 14 I have 6 fused vertebrae with 2 9" herrington rods in my back-2 collapsed discs and full of arthritis I run out early every week I am 65-did all the other things -steroids hydro therapy etc etc-name it I tried I just need 1 pill back per day-any advice?"

paulagy (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I was taking 10 mgs of oxycodone worked great till pharmacy changed manufacturers and the new one knocked me out lost my memory couldn't function ."

Frankly (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I have been taking oxycodone, 15mg tabs, 4 times a day, for a couple of years, for severe joint, neck, & back pain. My Doctor says this is the maximum dose for the drug. I am a 300 pound, 5' 6'', 75 year old, male. The medicine works at about 85% to 90% level, for about 4 hours for me. I think I need to increase the dose to every 4 hours or 6 hours a day or move up to 20mg tablets."

Chad Sr. (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I can't believe reading about people taking dosages above 10 mg. I had 3 back surgeries and 45 radiations. My entire back is rods and screws. I never took more than 7.5mg. Twice a day. To hear someone needs 60mg is crazy. Unless your on your death bed. I couldn't even imagine getting more than 20mg"

Baddabingtim (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Itchy, itchy! I've found opioids analgesics are the best for my chronic pain. Roxicodone caused pruritis for me. That might not seem like a big deal. However, when dealing with pain that's been constant for years, a side effect like non stop itching is one more thing that magnifies the pain. Then there's pain, itching, and more loss of sleep. There were a couple of remedies. The doctor rxing a different medicine. Or taking an antihistamine to overcome the itching. In today's current anti-opioid environment, doctors seem more likely to throw up their hands, and say, "Well I guess you're just not a good candidate for opioids!" Which just isn't true. Switching worked like a charm for me."

gems21 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I just submitted this page! Don't know why it came back to me! I did NOT even have a life before this particular medication was prescribed to me! But one thing I do know is that i got MY LIFE BACK! I am not bed ridden anymore. .& now..i can go back to watching & keeping all 6 of my grandchildren again for the summer! I can now enjoy them instead of concentrating on my CHRONIC PAIN!! Thank u dr mckeel!!!!"

LA'RUE (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2016