User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Works well for me after finding dose that was equiv to the Oxy regimen I was on before being switched to this. Definitely recommend the diet recommended in directions, works better that way"

BamaMitch July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Since this is the only alternative to Oxycotin that my insurance will cover. I had no choice. Even though I have no history of abuse EVER. I swallowed the capsule with plenty of water. It lodged in my chest area and after 2-3 minutes burst. Long story short, I got the FULL 12 HOUR DOSE IN 2-3 MINUTES!!! It caused an overdose which had to be treated first with Narcan and second an ambulance ride to the ER. SAFER???? No it isn't and should be reserved for patients who have a DEMONSTRATED HISTORY OF OPIOD ABUSE."

sttum July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Have had chronic lower back pain for over a decade. Insurance co made me switch to Xtampza from OC. First few weeks were a bit of a challenge because we had to find what dosage strength and dosing frequency was best for me. But once we got through this, I find the drug works well when I use as directed particularly as it relates to diet. Also have my backup of fast acting pills when I have breakthrough pain. I think people that say this drug doesn't work aren't being dosed appropriately or they have just been on high doses of OC alongside short-acting narcotics for so long that they are just too far along to be helped by anything new because your bodies have just gotten so used to your incredible high dose OC regimen. Sorry but push through"

Longhorns13 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After 2 spinal surgeries 9/23/16 & 5/18/17, I was prescribed Oxy 5mg 4 times a day, now Oxy 10mg 2 times a day. I am so very frustrated with these doctors who cut your body then dictate how you should and shouldn't be feeling after having these surgeries then refuse to provide you pain medications. Now with my insurance, it has become a nightmare trying to find a pain management doctor who would prescribe medications long term, I am forced to live with ongoing low back pain until my body decides it's healed and no longer need therapy. The meds work, and I only take it when needed. Most days I cry and isolate myself in pain just so that the remaining pain pills I have last me until I really need them...like when on a outing or doing chores."

Affennee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Sun-caraco oxy's do not work!"

johnny s July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dazidox (oxycodone): "Dazidox is instant release oxycodone tablets, and works very well. I take the 20mg tablet for breakthrough pain, haven't needed a dose increase in over a year, and actually works every time!! No complaints at all with the medication!"

Jmcj33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I was given oxycontin after morphine tablets didn't do much for the pain I was in. 90mg SR morphine and topped up with oramorph throughout the day. Then transferred onto oxycontin which was prescribed for me in a 40+20mg dose of slow release and topped up with the liquid form for through the day, but when I needed a repeat prescription I was told that I wouldn't be given any more. Even though I had taken these for over two months and the morphine for the four months previously. After reading some of the articles I shouldn't have been taken off these straight away. So much for being professional doctors or just wanting to save money over patients welfare.."

Markus anthonio June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I first became disabled in 1978 I was started on codeine and Darvon. the doctor alternated these every three months. Around 1987 I was switched to Lortab. Around 1997 I was switched to Oxycodone. Mainly so I would not have to take so much Tylenol. (Tylenol has never helped me for anything) I have successfully been taking Oxycodone since. I have never abused it. (I need it for severe pain) If I don't take it for a day or two I kind of feel like I have the flu. (this happens when I forget I have medicine for the pain, I just sit and cry until I remember or a friend asks me If I forgot again.) I have never had any withdrawal symptoms (except for the FLU symptoms)."

smurfff (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Oxycodone for almost 2 years now. I was prescribed 5mg as needed, before my major spinal surgery in 2016, and post-surgery I developed permanent nerve damage, cervical radiculopathy, and have degenerative disk disease. I now take Oxycontin 15mg 3x daily, and Oxycodone IR 15mg every 4-6hrs for breakthrough pain. Yes, you develop a tolerance, yes, it can be VERY addictive - but it WORKS, and relieves severe pain tremendously. Please take this responsibly - those that really need it, do not need to be pigeonholed, or treated as suspects. It's terrible. You deal with severe pain on a daily basis, and that in and of itself is a nightmare, then you have society caught in an epidemic - due to those that can't control themselves."

Echo chamber June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been in construction for 42 yrs. And was in two car accidents in which I suffered broken neck. Upper vertebra broken. Lower back broken. At a point I could no longer work thru the day. I need to still support my family as I'm not ready to give up. I have used Oxcodone . 10mg. Low dosage's . Without these medication I would not have been able to continue with a productive life. This overdose issue I get. But there are those of us that actually have benefited greatly from it.. Without I wouldn't even be able to make it a few hrs a day and end up in bed.."

TheePirate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Switched to oxycodone from hydrocodone for chronic neck pain. Was on hydrocodone for 3 years and it worked with the pain management great. Only thing that concerned me was having the acetaminophen in it and liver damage it could cause, so I talked to my Doctor and we agreed the oxy would be a better choice. It helps me get through the days of excruciating pain and lets me live normal life again."

Paully808 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Heavy/hard work all my life. Have been on oxycodone since '91. Not as effective now but.....wouldn't want to live without it. Never any side effects."

Jimi T (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It started making me sick when I first started taking these, I think not from all the oxycodone they put in butI think it is from the fillers they use.? not quite sure."

FrankRoberts May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I am a double amputee with both hips totally replaced. Degenerative arthritis was the reason for the replacements. I am 64 and oxycodone 10mg. three times daily returned my life to me after 11 surgeries. Four months ago, my PCD (primary care doctor said he could no longer prescribe them. I have been in a wheelchair since the removal. Being in a nursing facility was my only option. I get to see a pain management doctor soon and hope I can get my meds back, along with my life."

henqck April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Horrifying. The onset for Relief is 2 to 3 hours. Then it runs out of pain relief within 5 to 6 hours! If they are trying to hit the abusers make drug and alcohol treatment accessible!!! And the cost is 3 X's More than oxycontin...?!?!? Go figure...."

Sbcd April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The brand shown worked very well for me. Would only need one when in pain during the night. I can manage the days but at night without this it would be no sleep and pacing all night . Even a half worked well sometimes but other times I would have to take the other half. I suggest taking as little as possible to just ease the pain and nothing more."

Bugsiela April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking Oxycodone Acetaminophen 10-325 four times daily for approximately 15 years. This has worked wonderfully until 3 months ago. What I found strange is that at this same time the price for Oxycodone is now 30% less cost. Why decrease the cost of oxycodone if we have an epidemic? I'll tell you why, it's because they changed the formula. What I believe the pharmaceutical companies did was change how the drug is released in the body. For the past 3 months all I this medication does is get me high. Before the change it did not affect me in that way. Even doubling up on the med doesn't help for pain. All that happens is I get high. No wonder non-addicts are seeking out heroin."

Bbgguutd April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have taken this drug for over 20 years for chronic pain. If I stop 1 person from starting this drug, then this has been worth it. Initially it was the best pain reliever I ever tried. Problem is it is very addictive and stops working. The only way to sustain relief is to increase the dosage. I started at 60 MG and wound up at 200mg. Unfortunately at that dosage over the years causes brain cell deterioration. Remembering things becomes difficult, like family functions. In time you become a walking zombie and numb to everything around you. You will lose interest in life and become drug sick if you Don't take your pill on time. Your relief will no longer be there because it stops working after time. I am off now and have my life back."

Sissynoor April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works better than percet.."

Montana1 April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Have had chronic pain since I was 14 (now 60). Have tried every RX suggested, multiple pain clinics, too many surgeries to count, exercise, meditation, acupuncture, hypnotherapy, with nothing gained but side effects or increasing tolerance. I have been taking Oxycontin for 10 yrs and have since been able to put the pain on a back burner and get back to my life. The 'pendulum swings' as they say, continued back & forth medical opinions on treatment of chronic pain. The insurance companies now seem to be in complete control again and cost becomes the number one consideration in prescribed treatment. Matters not what my Dr. says or recommends, the cost is such that as of this month I can no longer take Oxycontin. I am so tired, back to bed I go"

2xpnsv2trt April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For me oxycodone works great. It's not the best drug out there but it helps. I have chronic back pain for over 15 months and finally doctors are letting me try this. For me it helps, it gets me moving, it gets me walking and I can finally sleep. It works really fast . Most of the time within 17_30 mins. Keeps my pain away for over 3 hours which is not bad. I have arthritis in my back plus my spine is narrow. Not much else to say. Oxy helps me 90 percent of the time. I have nothing bad to say about it."

Rellik0078 (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "This is incredibly overpriced garbage!"

Fred56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I find this drug very helpful with pain and also to help me be more ambulatory"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have five neurological conditions, spinal and cervical stenosis, depression and anxiety. It took 3 years to find a Dr. in Boston to give me Oxycodone. Works well except for constipation. Took 5 MG's 2 x daily. Can't get them anymore because of addicts. Now bedridden and miserable."

Foxgal March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey there, I was on oxycodone 30 mg and oxymorphone 20 mg ER for 7 years . In western New York there has been a horrible problem with these meds in particular. They then tried to switch me to the fentynal patch and percocet for breakthru, WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Dr. was finally convinced to put me back on my oxy s. I could not get out of bed or have any kind of life without them. Going to be back performing again on Broadway this fall. Thank GOD for Oxy's."

Big Broadway March 1, 2017