User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 79 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

OxyIR (oxycodone): "Not as strong and weird inactive ingredients ???"

hardolay (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Medication takes 3-4 hours to work no matter what you eat while taking it. When and if it starts to help with the pain, it stops in 3 or 4 hours. Sometimes it comes on so strong that I have a panic attack. I figured I would adjust to it, but after a month I have not."

Hurting 2 January 31, 2018

"Rhodes pharmaceutical 15 mg oxycodone is absolute garbage!! Does NOT take away any of my pain!"

Donte dias (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "I have been on pain meds since Oct, 2007. Just started Xtrampza ER and it takes 4 hours to work then it hit's hard, break into a bad sweat and in 3.5 to 4 hours it stops working. This should be taken off the market."

Powman (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "I suffer from severe, chronic back, neck and shoulder pain. This is one of the worst medications I've ever taken. The nausea and dizziness is awful. If that were the only negative side effect, I think I could live with it though. What I found extremely disturbing was the psychological effects. After only two doses, I had terrifying nightmares that were difficult to awaken from. I, uncharacteristically, felt like Alice in Wonderland in an extremely unpleasant manner while I was awake. I can't believe this medication is on the market. Not to mention, it did absolutely nothing to help with pain."

Kristinalynk (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Helping me throughout a spinal injury, don’t know how I’d get out of bed with this meds, since insurance cut most of the opioids off the list"

Merry1234 January 13, 2018

"I have been on oxycodone for 4 years. I was in a bad car crash with many broken bones. My right collar bone was splattered in such a way as to do nerve damage to my right hand and both feet. My feet are on fire 24/7 as if I were sitting to close to the fireplace. I take three 10mg per day. The current government has now made it impossible for me to get any more, because of the junkies. If I don't get it ...the burning is indescribable. I CAN NOT TAKE THIS PAIN IT IS 24/7...and never lets up. I never take more than prescribed dose..."

porsch99 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2018

"N.Y. allows the extended release form only to treat chronic pain, and it doesn't work at all! It USED to, and now it doesn't. Internet said it is because the pharmacological formula was changed, making it less effective and less attractive to addicts."

Kidykatz January 9, 2018

"I was treated for my chronic pain for 17 yrs with oxcodone. Now at age 65 my very intelligent physician in Phila.DEA shut his small office down. I have no medical records ,without proof of failed surgeries & damage to my body I’m left to suffer in bed and to lose weight .I only have a life of unmanaged severe chronic pain & insanity.My GP does nothing to help my suffering. The DEA must stop their uncontrolled actions to close all knowledgable dr who know that the older Citizens are suffering till death "

Disabled Mom 1955 January 6, 2018

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Severely hurt my neck all the way to my lower back. Was recently prescribed 30mg IR twice daily. I want to say this: For people suffering tremendous excruciating pain it is an amazing excellent medication because it takes my pain away right away. However, for me it is way to strong and can’t function on it and when taken at night I can’t wake up in the morning. I have made an appointment to go back to my doctor and go back on Vicodin. To anyone reading: please don’t abuse or take unless you really need it, and for those taking it just to get high out there, stop! You are ruining it for the responsible people suffering and are risking their well being for your selfish actions. I was responsible enough it was too strong for me. Please listen!!!"

Xtozzz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2017

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I find oxycontin very effective but it took some time to get it to where it was most effective. I found most surprising that higher doses caused more pain. My doctor is great. He worked WITH me to adjust it many up & down on dosage. Best of all WE were able to find a low dose of Oxycontin & Oxycodone combination that has worked consistently for over a year now without adjustments. Fiñd a doc that is also a real partner in your health care!!!!!"

AmmAGator December 25, 2017

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Both meds Oxycontin & Roxicodone are some of the best pain meds on the market-HANDS DOWN! I've been on as much as two 80 mg Oxycontin & six Roxi 30's a day & was on that regiment for 8 years. I have had 5 back surgeries & have rods from the bottom of my neck to the top of my ass . I have all kinds of nerve damage in my left leg & feet & cramp something awful if I don't take meds. I took all that medicine with 3 Soma daily-3 zanex bars daily-100MG ZOLOFT DAILY-Neurontin 900mg daily-And as I said to start, both those pain meds are highly recommended & trust me, I have the experience lol"

CANESRUS (taken for 10 years or more) December 19, 2017

"Have had 3 surgeries to repair a hernia that dr's have screwed up, waiting for complete reconstructive surgery to hopefully fix it,.This medication was designed in 1950 to help our vets to get off morphine. It is the only one that works for me. I too am sick of the looks and comments I get from the pharmacy when I pick it up but it allows me to be pain free and to function so until they fix me right I will remain on it."

Minerjohn (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2017

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Causing horrible headaches and nausea."

Bogart12 December 5, 2017

"I have sciatica in my hip quite frequently. This drug is the only reason I keep my sanity most days. Anyone who has ever had sciatica knows how extremely painful it is. Thanks to OxyContin, I can continue with a somewhat normal life during flare ups. I don’t honestly know what quality of life I would have without it."

G girl November 30, 2017

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I have had chronic back and neck pain since 2002. I have had back surgery twice and neck surgery once. I have tried a lot of different options and the OxyContin, Oxycodone combination has been the best for me. Since the onset of all this "Opioid crisis" has happen it has been harder and harder to get my meds. The old saying "don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch" says it all. That's what the government has done, let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. People that need these meds need them and with the way it is now doctors don't want to give them out. If I could I would get off them in an instance but my life is miserable without them from the pain I have so here I am, stuck getting what I can to get at least some relief."

joekewl26 (taken for 10 years or more) November 19, 2017

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Actually this is the most breakthrough med in this space that has been in a long time. There are a few post on here stating that there is a “euphoric blocker”, when in fact that is completely false. It is the exact same molecule as Oxy people...just it has the best abuse deterrent on the market. And for it or lasting for you 12 hours can be a variety of things. Your metabolism, body weight, etc. Everyone body processes meds differently. “No long term effects” have not been studied because it’s only been on the market for less than 2 years...not a strong argument. Look at the long term effects that on the oxy I’m assuming you want to be switched back too. Again SAME MOLECULE!"

Nopain69 November 17, 2017

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Why are the reports for Public to read so jaded against the use of opiate medications? To many false reports of abuse in chronic pain patients are mixed with clearly reports of heroin abuse & deaths from heroin. My self & most chronic pain patients who are well educated on side effects before starting opiates all agree that the misuse of these Opiates would never enter our minds. When prescribed these drugs, it’s result is the re gift of our lives & functioning again. It is something we’d never chance losing after suffering the complete loss of sanity from unending pain that effects our ability to function in every way that a normal human takes for granted of everyday, every minute of their day and of their life. I'm in my 17th years of receiving pain relief fentenyl."

hottina44 (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2017

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "My last post was taken down. Been on this for a few months. Honestly we have to stop changing medicine that works, just because of the small percentage that abuse these drugs. Side effects, dizzy, nausea, severe headaches, which I never had before. I feel numb to the world, tired, and still in pain. Also found out that long term effects of this drug have still not been studied, and there is a euphoric blocker in these, that stops you from experiencing well being. I get it, the well being is what addicts crave, but for people in chronic pain, well being is a good pain reliever, as moods effect our pain. The medication is suppose to last 12 hours, they don't, they last about 5-6 hours, it also only takes the edge off the pain."

Dallas 102 November 9, 2017

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Been on this for months, just don't understand why I'm having side effects, as my doctor says everything is the same, just time release. The first 4 weeks head aches so severe I couldn't put in a full day. I'm a secretary, so on computer screen all day. This is what gave me the head aches I believe, along with meds. I also got very nauseous, dizzy, and extremely moody. I put on 20 pounds once I was told to eat a fatty diet with this meal, as I guess the fats help breakdown the medicine, doctor never told me this, but helped a lot with being sick all the time. Doctor finally listened, as I was tired of being in a cloud all day. Also anxiety, and sleeplessness... This medicine may work for some, just not me.."

Patricia 102 November 2, 2017

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "I am on my the end of my 1st week into my second week day two. Like most of you I cried in the doctors office for fear of the level of pain I’d have to endure daily. My pain was as bad as all of yours. My first 4 days were awful then each day a bit better. I finally began taking 1/ 39 mg capsule every 3/ 0.5 hours through 6 capsules day + 4 /10 mg breakthrough pain tablets. As the days past I found I needed less break through daily and my daily pain was controlled like never before. Don’t get me wrong I endure pain and not everyday is perfect. But yes I am very pleased and wish I tried them sooner. when my OxyContin began to die down within 5/6 hours. The break through were more of a joke. Xtampza gave me my life back"

I have hope (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

"Bone on bone left shoulder along with a torn rotator cuff. Dr. has upped my dosage to 4 X 10mg. Daily., I have been taking 5 X 10mg. Daily for the pain. I’m 310 pound 59 year old man, so the Oxycodone lasts for about 4.0/4.5 hours before it wears off. It certainly helps with the pain, but does not totally get rid of it. Yes I would endorse this product for pain management. It does give me a dry mouth along with the constipation."

Diberman October 16, 2017

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "My advice would be to work with your doctor to find the appropriate dosage strength for your needs and also experiment with how often you take it (ie once in the morning for all day relief, or one cap in the morning and then another at midday). I also recommend to each this with high fat food. I've been told cottage cheese or yogurt helps. I think once you figured out the best way to take this drug, it works -- it certainly did for me. Be patient."

Nickname222 October 12, 2017

"This is this first and only time I will be taken this pill. It made me feel very out of it. I fell asleep for hours and couldn't remember anything. I have been on other brands of the oxycodone from 10mg-30mg and none has made me feel this way. WHY?????? No other medicines were mix with the dose. Not happy got a whole script K 36 and Pink 10mg oxycodone. "

Tra-cee (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "For me it lasts about 5 to 7 hours depending on what I am doing. It does help which is saying a lot for me as not much seems to help anymore. I am glad that I got the opportunity to use this. Thank you!"

mouse4353 October 7, 2017