User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "I have had chronic back pain for 35 years, Consisting of 7 lumbar surgeries, fusion with steel and titanium rods and screws. I have had numerous pain Doctors prescribing numerous pain meds. I considered the meds to be successful if they stopped 1/2 the pain."

Nick W (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

"This medication provides more consistent relief than any medication, treatment, or intervention I have tried."

PCISME (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 2, 2017

"Not only eases pain but also seems to ease the concomitant depression and improves mood."

Nikacat (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 1, 2017

OxyContin (oxycodone): "They don't work. I take 7.5 mg of percocet for break through pain. I've been in agonizing pain for a year. Possibly having surgery soon. Any suggestions to talk to my dr about . This is horrible with no quality of life."

Rpal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have chronic back pain from degenerative disc disease. I have disc herniations from L-2, L-3 down to L-5, S-1; along with spinal stenosis-different moderations depending on the disc and spinal arthritis. To answer someone's question about how many OxyContin 80 ER pills can be prescribed per day. Legally, the answer is 4- 2 in the morning and 2 at night-which is what I receive; at one time they made 160mg OxyContin but they are no longer produced in the US. To whomever said they were prescribed 8 of them a day- illegal or not from the US. It is an extended release medication meant to last 12 hours. I will be the first to say when they switched to the new for Formula, I didn't feel as though they were as effective and went from 2-4."

Nolamom2three (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2016

"I've been taking oxycodone for roughly 5 years....I've gone a few weekends without it before because I've ran out but never experienced any withdrawal symptoms. It works great if you take it exactly when you need to and don't exceed your prescribed amount or take it early. I've been living with chronic pain for years...have had a complete joint replacement on one side and and anchor placed on the other side of my jaw. The surgeries help immensely but I'll still always be in pain. Been taking the same dosage of 10mg 3x a day for the 5 years and yes my body is used to the effects so it doesn't work as well but it works well enough and I refuse to take a higher dosage or more pills per day because...well let's face it..this medicine is scarey"

Boscovitch (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2016

Oxaydo (oxycodone): "HORRIBLE medication. This is my first review for anything but I felt I had to say something. I was on oxycodone 10/325 for years for chronic pain and never had a problem with side effects. Since being on Oxaydo, from day one, I've felt sick. Stomach pain and burning, nausea, constipation, horrible headaches and bouts of dizziness not to mention I'm in more pain now than ever. I've barely left the house since I started this crap. While I think an abuse-deterrent is a great idea, something is not right with this medication."

Anonymous2006 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

"herniated disc at L5-S1. I take 30mg a day and it works great for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

"I suffer with severe chronic neck and back pain from herniated disc, lumbar lateral recess stenosis, cervical stenosis, osteoarthritis of the facet joints, and nerve damage etc. This medicine gives me better quality of life than I wouldn't be able to live if I didn't have it. It gives me the ability to get up and have a somewhat normal day as as normal as it will get without this medicine I would be bedridden"

Bellasboi01 (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "i am trying to get info on what the max dose should be-I was on eight 80mgs a day-new dr brought me down to three-its not enough-I have been pleading with him for 6 months now-I have been taking them since they first came out and 900 mgs of morphine b4 that-broke my back at 14 I have 6 fused vertebrae with 2 9" herrington rods in my back-2 collapsed discs and full of arthritis I run out early every week I am 65-did all the other things -steroids hydro therapy etc etc-name it I tried I just need 1 pill back per day-any advice?"

paulagy (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

"I was taking 10 mgs of oxycodone worked great till pharmacy changed manufacturers and the new one knocked me out lost my memory couldn't function ."

Frankly (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

"I have been taking oxycodone, 15mg tabs, 4 times a day, for a couple of years, for severe joint, neck, & back pain. My Doctor says this is the maximum dose for the drug. I am a 300 pound, 5' 6'', 75 year old, male. The medicine works at about 85% to 90% level, for about 4 hours for me. I think I need to increase the dose to every 4 hours or 6 hours a day or move up to 20mg tablets."

Chad Sr. (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2016

"I can't believe reading about people taking dosages above 10 mg. I had 3 back surgeries and 45 radiations. My entire back is rods and screws. I never took more than 7.5mg. Twice a day. To hear someone needs 60mg is crazy. Unless your on your death bed. I couldn't even imagine getting more than 20mg"

Baddabingtim (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2016

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Itchy, itchy! I've found opioids analgesics are the best for my chronic pain. Roxicodone caused pruritis for me. That might not seem like a big deal. However, when dealing with pain that's been constant for years, a side effect like non stop itching is one more thing that magnifies the pain. Then there's pain, itching, and more loss of sleep. There were a couple of remedies. The doctor rxing a different medicine. Or taking an antihistamine to overcome the itching. In today's current anti-opioid environment, doctors seem more likely to throw up their hands, and say, "Well I guess you're just not a good candidate for opioids!" Which just isn't true. Switching worked like a charm for me."

gems21 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

"I just submitted this page! Don't know why it came back to me! I did NOT even have a life before this particular medication was prescribed to me! But one thing I do know is that i got MY LIFE BACK! I am not bed ridden anymore. .& now..i can go back to watching & keeping all 6 of my grandchildren again for the summer! I can now enjoy them instead of concentrating on my CHRONIC PAIN!! Thank u dr mckeel!!!!"

LA'RUE (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been taking Oxy ER 20mg 3x day plus up to 8 Oxy IR 5mg for the past 7 years. It has been a Godsend for me. I was in bad car accident in 2008 in which I suffered from a bruised spinal cord plus it worsened already bad Degenerative Disc Disease,Arthritis and Spinal Stenosis. In June 2009 I had a spinal fusion on my neck levels 5-7. After both I was left with horrible arm , shoulder and neck pain and mobility issues in my neck. I work a lot on the computer and meeting with people, If not for the medication I would not be able to work. I still have some pain but it is more of a tolerable background pain instead of a full nerve toothache Please folks use responsibly, many of us need it to live and function. I worry it will go away"

Soccergal10 September 16, 2016

"I've been taking Oxycodone, 60mg every 4 hours pretty much around the clock now for several years. I've been lucky and haven't suffered bad side effects. I've suffered from severe back pain from trauma, (car accident), 2 hip replacements, & most recently & worst of all RSD/CRPS from shattering my wrist last year. My doctor says that Oxycodone does'nt work for nerve pain, only musculoskeletal pain. I think it takes the edge off so I can function. Otherwise I'd be curled up in a ball in the corner somewhere. I tried Gabapentin and Neurontin but the side effects made me crazy. My doctor says that I'm on too much every month when I see her, and because I am addicted, I'm afraid she'll take me off the medication. It just works too well for me."

Bimmy63 (taken for 10 years or more) September 13, 2016

"I have displaced discs and chronic disc degeneration and chronic pain throughout my cervical spine with shooting nerve pain all the way down through my buttocks and arms. Taking Oxycodone helps tremendously. Works well with Neurontin. Sometimes need to take a Naproxen to keep ahead of the pain, and anyone with chronic pain knows that you will never always stay ahead of the pain. A word of advise: don't overdo it and get up to a higher dose if you can help it because getting back down to a lower dose means that you will have to "vacation" and experience horrible pain to get the tolerance controlled again. That said, Oxycodone is a wonderful medication. Please don't use this recreationally. Real sufferers need this medication."

ChrisTx38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

"Not good"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

"5years diagnosed. 6 years pain before diagnosis. I'm on disability. I'm taking 3 15 mg Oxy. I take 2 the first hour & one more mid afternoon. I also have 30 Valium available a month. The Valium can boost the Oxy a bit. I also use 5% Lidocaine patches, a struggle to get but worth it. I'm gonna need more Oxy soon and I know it will be a battle. "

Rockaway1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

"Oxy helped me 120% as the pain would instantly leave me... It was hard getting some as my Dr stopped prescribing but then another gentleman who's contact I got from an acquaintance all the way from Canada helped me out and that was how I got me a fresh supply of some very potent generics from home... He could be reached here.. drtony6 artgmale d0tc0m"

mrmeds (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've had orbital implants,kneck surgery, and I am a juvenile diabetic since I was a year old now I'm 50. the pain in my head,kneck, and right arm and the neuropathy in both feet r very very painful. I've been on doxycycline x 6 yrs. it works great but if your treating chronic pain take it when it's time don't wait till pain it at its worse it works consistently better."

Christine C. August 29, 2016

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I was in a severe ATV accident when I was 15 (am now 18), and have currently had 26 surgeries mostly on my right hand. Once I was released a few months later, docs basically turned me from a 3 sport athlete to a living zombie. I was taking over 25-30 different medications everyday; mostly pain meds. I remember just poping them like candy. I was on 80mg of MS Contin x4 a day, 30mg oxycodone x5, 30mg morphine x3, 100mcg's fentanyl, 2mg Xanax x3, 4mg x4 Dilaudid and numerous other anti-depressants that I am still on to this day. I don't understand how doctors can prescribe such obscene amounts of opiates when it's pharmastists who study drug interactions as their profession. Am currently working to become a 3 fingered anesthesiologist :)"

Nate-becarefulwhatyoutake August 22, 2016

"It's definitely a good breakthrough medicine. I also take 30 mg ms contin 2x a day with 5 mg oxycodone 4x as needed. I feel it works for about 6 months to a year."

Herbhead87 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

Roxicodone Intensol (oxycodone): "Used with my throat cancer and it helped numb my throat to be able to eat. I lost 200 pounds but this helped me survive and be able to eat most foods... Soft ones anyway... I know opioids are a bitch but without these I would have died of starvation"

Anonymous August 16, 2016