User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 79 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I have had chronic back and neck pain since 2002. I have had back surgery twice and neck surgery once. I have tried a lot of different options and the OxyContin, Oxycodone combination has been the best for me. Since the onset of all this "Opioid crisis" has happen it has been harder and harder to get my meds. The old saying "don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch" says it all. That's what the government has done, let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. People that need these meds need them and with the way it is now doctors don't want to give them out. If I could I would get off them in an instance but my life is miserable without them from the pain I have so here I am, stuck getting what I can to get at least some relief."

joekewl26 (taken for 10 years or more) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Actually this is the most breakthrough med in this space that has been in a long time. There are a few post on here stating that there is a “euphoric blocker”, when in fact that is completely false. It is the exact same molecule as Oxy people...just it has the best abuse deterrent on the market. And for it or lasting for you 12 hours can be a variety of things. Your metabolism, body weight, etc. Everyone body processes meds differently. “No long term effects” have not been studied because it’s only been on the market for less than 2 years...not a strong argument. Look at the long term effects that on the oxy I’m assuming you want to be switched back too. Again SAME MOLECULE!"

Nopain69 November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Why are the reports for Public to read so jaded against the use of opiate medications? To many false reports of abuse in chronic pain patients are mixed with clearly reports of heroin abuse & deaths from heroin. My self & most chronic pain patients who are well educated on side effects before starting opiates all agree that the misuse of these Opiates would never enter our minds. When prescribed these drugs, it’s result is the re gift of our lives & functioning again. It is something we’d never chance losing after suffering the complete loss of sanity from unending pain that effects our ability to function in every way that a normal human takes for granted of everyday, every minute of their day and of their life. I'm in my 17th years of receiving pain relief fentenyl."

hottina44 (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "My last post was taken down. Been on this for a few months. Honestly we have to stop changing medicine that works, just because of the small percentage that abuse these drugs. Side effects, dizzy, nausea, severe headaches, which I never had before. I feel numb to the world, tired, and still in pain. Also found out that long term effects of this drug have still not been studied, and there is a euphoric blocker in these, that stops you from experiencing well being. I get it, the well being is what addicts crave, but for people in chronic pain, well being is a good pain reliever, as moods effect our pain. The medication is suppose to last 12 hours, they don't, they last about 5-6 hours, it also only takes the edge off the pain."

Dallas 102 November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Been on this for months, just don't understand why I'm having side effects, as my doctor says everything is the same, just time release. The first 4 weeks head aches so severe I couldn't put in a full day. I'm a secretary, so on computer screen all day. This is what gave me the head aches I believe, along with meds. I also got very nauseous, dizzy, and extremely moody. I put on 20 pounds once I was told to eat a fatty diet with this meal, as I guess the fats help breakdown the medicine, doctor never told me this, but helped a lot with being sick all the time. Doctor finally listened, as I was tired of being in a cloud all day. Also anxiety, and sleeplessness... This medicine may work for some, just not me.."

Patricia 102 November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "I am on my the end of my 1st week into my second week day two. Like most of you I cried in the doctors office for fear of the level of pain I’d have to endure daily. My pain was as bad as all of yours. My first 4 days were awful then each day a bit better. I finally began taking 1/ 39 mg capsule every 3/ 0.5 hours through 6 capsules day + 4 /10 mg breakthrough pain tablets. As the days past I found I needed less break through daily and my daily pain was controlled like never before. Don’t get me wrong I endure pain and not everyday is perfect. But yes I am very pleased and wish I tried them sooner. when my OxyContin began to die down within 5/6 hours. The break through were more of a joke. Xtampza gave me my life back"

I have hope (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Bone on bone left shoulder along with a torn rotator cuff. Dr. has upped my dosage to 4 X 10mg. Daily., I have been taking 5 X 10mg. Daily for the pain. I’m 310 pound 59 year old man, so the Oxycodone lasts for about 4.0/4.5 hours before it wears off. It certainly helps with the pain, but does not totally get rid of it. Yes I would endorse this product for pain management. It does give me a dry mouth along with the constipation."

Diberman October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "My advice would be to work with your doctor to find the appropriate dosage strength for your needs and also experiment with how often you take it (ie once in the morning for all day relief, or one cap in the morning and then another at midday). I also recommend to each this with high fat food. I've been told cottage cheese or yogurt helps. I think once you figured out the best way to take this drug, it works -- it certainly did for me. Be patient."

Nickname222 October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is this first and only time I will be taken this pill. It made me feel very out of it. I fell asleep for hours and couldn't remember anything. I have been on other brands of the oxycodone from 10mg-30mg and none has made me feel this way. WHY?????? No other medicines were mix with the dose. Not happy got a whole script K 36 and Pink 10mg oxycodone. "

Tra-cee (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "For me it lasts about 5 to 7 hours depending on what I am doing. It does help which is saying a lot for me as not much seems to help anymore. I am glad that I got the opportunity to use this. Thank you!"

mouse4353 October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have widespread chronic pain and also extreme back pain from degenerative spine disease and joint disease in my back ( arthritis of the spine and arthritis of disks ) I take oxycodone 10 mg three times a day and it works amazing for my pain I also do physical therapy which keeps my pain medication intake at a good level and I don't find it to be very addictive at all."

Natallac12 September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Dose is two 36mg every 12 hours. Plus breakthrough meds. The xtampza doesn't last the full time so I've found that switching to 1 pill every 6 hours DOES WORK because there is a steady stream of meds plus the breakthrough as needed. Hope this will help."

RogueWREN September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a bulging disk and sciatica pain that was unbearable. I had my first surgery a disk discectomy on L5-S1. I got maybe 50% relief. Numbness was gone but still had all the back pain. Was sent to a pain management doctor, I was treated like a drug addict seeking pills. I fired him and thank goodness I found another compassionate caring doctor who treats me as a human being that is in pain. I have been on long term 60mg a day. 10mg every 4 hours. Oxycodone works to knock down the pain to tolerable levels. From a solid 8 down to a 2 on the pain scale. I have been on it so long that I do not get the high from it anymore, but the pain gets lowered to tolerable levels. I have since had a back fusion on that disk and have noticed I am getting better."

Back Fusion (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had head pain daily for two decades. I've tried hundreds of medications and numerous therapies. Thought I was just settling when I tried oxycodone for the first time but I have come to the conclusion it has made my life bearable and functionible."

Happy Joy (taken for 10 years or more) September 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 67 year old female with Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, arthritis and degenerative disc disease. I started using prescribed hydrocodone pain medication about 7 years ago. I had a major surgery for a complex hernia. I was placed on oxycodone and the doctor continued it due to all the other pain. We tried several different medications. Lyrica caused a seizure and, according to medical records, I took my clothes off and was violent with the EMT's . Most medication has caused these strange effects. Oxycodone is all that has worked. The pain I have is bad enough that without relief I have suicidal thoughts. I can't live with the pain. I take 40 mg LA and 60mg SA daily. It is a miracle medication and terrified it will be discontinued."

LeopoldMickeyDuke September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hurt my back when I was 24. Now here we are three fusions and 33 years later. The last fusion left me with nagging pain. I take 10 mg oxycodone 3 times a day (1 every 8 hours). At that dose, I can function normally. It doesn't mask the pain very well. It's better than nothing and at least I can still function normally."

voodoomembrain (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After being diagnosed with cancer back in 2004 I ended up taking 120 mgs. OxyContin twice a day, plus 90 mgs. a day Oxycodone for breakthrough pain, back then you could chew the OxyContin and get it all at once, they were a god send for me and made my pain bearable. My problem started when I’d chewed them, over the next few months my pain was almost gone, but told my Dr. the pain was increasing so I could continue getting them, it was then I found myself running out in two weeks, and having to buy them from less than reputable people. By my own choice I continued talking them in ever increasing doses, then went cold turkey and stopped for a while, I would use for a while then stop, and , it’s been like that since, when using I’m little more than a slave to them. I have no questions that my story is like thousands of others. I still think Oxycontin is the best choice for those in pain, and that this crack down on opioids is none of the FDA’s or the government’s business, it’s usage should be between you and your Dr. and the final choice is yours and no others, I would love to enumerate but this is not the place to editorialize."

Inslaved September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"effective in controlling chronic back pain. A"

Scaleman31 (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"20mg oxycodone tablets. I take 60mg 5 times a day and it's the only pain med that works and doesn't drag on you and steal your soul!!"

Gregparent August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Felt like sustained release and just made my stomach heavy with no relief of my pain."

Tattooed Panda (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone): "Works well for me now after a pretty painful period of switching/washing me out of the oxycontin regimen I was on prior. give it time to get used to and should get similar results. After all, its the same drug just packaged differently."

ttluhr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on oxycodone on and off for 5 years since my massive blood clot diagnosis in 2012, the only pill that works... the issue is I relocated to MD. to extended family after hurricane sandy hit and destroyed me in NY, I am treated like a drug addicted, drug dealing, drug abusing low life to the highest power but none of these terms pertain to me, before my diagnosis I was in the mainstream of society working over 30 years, now I'm on disability, my future funds are gone due to medical bills and am on Medicare and Medicaid, my pain is real, I've never been addicted to anything in my life and I monitor my medication closely because I am aware of the fact that I need pain medication longterm, lifelong or permanent as per my prognosis."

jbecki (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and the sheer size of my kidneys creates pressure pain that keeps me from sleeping. This is the ONLY pain medication that has EVER worked for me. Takes effect after about 30 minutes."

PolyCystic (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have syringomyelia, post traumatic type 2, thoracic back pain from bulging disks, polyneuropathy and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy. I stared having the thoracic back pain in 2013 after a bad car wreck & I had been having numbness in my arms & hands before that wreck made it worse. An MRI discovered the cyst on my spinal cord (syringomyelia) &!the disk bulge. I am too risky a candidate for surgery, tried other meds they didn't work or had horrible side effects and lost a job because of it. I got put on oxycodone 15 mg 4x a day:it worked great. Then had to switch doctors & got lowered to 50 a month, is cutting me off & if I don't find specialist soon pain & sickness will be unbearable & I'll be bedridden"

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works great for my massive pain (degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, facet joint disease, failed back surgery L4-L5 which took out my S1 disc, about 11 herniated discs from my neck down to my butt. I would die without this medication, it subdues the pain for about 6 hours. I also need bilateral knee replacements, left knee is bone on bone on the outside, along with a torn ACL and torn meniscus, right knee is bone on bone on inside. Also I have bone spurs on each kneecap. Let's just say my life is a living hell. I just want to give up. I feel no addiction to this medication, I have incredibly severe pain 24/7, nerve, bone and muscle pain all firing at once. I wish I would just get cancer and die (:"

Kwik2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017