User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 2)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, RoxyBond, Xtampza ER …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain
8.8

Chronic Pain
7.9

Summary of Oxycodone reviews 8.3 659 reviews

Reviews for Oxycodone

For Chronic Pain: "Felt like sustained release and just made my stomach heavy with no relief of my pain."

Tattooed Panda (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Works well for me now after a pretty painful period of switching/washing me out of the oxycontin regimen I was on prior. give it time to get used to and should get similar results. After all, its the same drug just packaged differently."

ttluhr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have been on oxycodone on and off for 5 years since my massive blood clot diagnosis in 2012, the only pill that works... the issue is I relocated to MD. to extended family after hurricane sandy hit and destroyed me in NY, I am treated like a drug addicted, drug dealing, drug abusing low life to the highest power but none of these terms pertain to me, before my diagnosis I was in the mainstream of society working over 30 years, now I'm on disability, my future funds are gone due to medical bills and am on Medicare and Medicaid, my pain is real, I've never been addicted to anything in my life and I monitor my medication closely because I am aware of the fact that I need pain medication longterm, lifelong or permanent as per my prognosis."

jbecki (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and the sheer size of my kidneys creates pressure pain that keeps me from sleeping. This is the ONLY pain medication that has EVER worked for me. Takes effect after about 30 minutes."

PolyCystic (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have syringomyelia, post traumatic type 2, thoracic back pain from bulging disks, polyneuropathy and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy. I stared having the thoracic back pain in 2013 after a bad car wreck & I had been having numbness in my arms & hands before that wreck made it worse. An MRI discovered the cyst on my spinal cord (syringomyelia) &!the disk bulge. I am too risky a candidate for surgery, tried other meds they didn't work or had horrible side effects and lost a job because of it. I got put on oxycodone 15 mg 4x a day:it worked great. Then had to switch doctors & got lowered to 50 a month, is cutting me off & if I don't find specialist soon pain & sickness will be unbearable & I'll be bedridden"

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Works great for my massive pain (degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, facet joint disease, failed back surgery L4-L5 which took out my S1 disc, about 11 herniated discs from my neck down to my butt. I would die without this medication, it subdues the pain for about 6 hours. I also need bilateral knee replacements, left knee is bone on bone on the outside, along with a torn ACL and torn meniscus, right knee is bone on bone on inside. Also I have bone spurs on each kneecap. Let's just say my life is a living hell. I just want to give up. I feel no addiction to this medication, I have incredibly severe pain 24/7, nerve, bone and muscle pain all firing at once. I wish I would just get cancer and die (:"

Kwik2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Been changed from oxynorm to shortec the packets are constantly pierced and tablets empty and doctors blame room temperature. Have moved them to various rooms and still having same issue"

scatty (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Works well for me after finding dose that was equiv to the Oxy regimen I was on before being switched to this. Definitely recommend the diet recommended in directions, works better that way"

BamaMitch July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Have had chronic lower back pain for over a decade. Insurance co made me switch to Xtampza from OC. First few weeks were a bit of a challenge because we had to find what dosage strength and dosing frequency was best for me. But once we got through this, I find the drug works well when I use as directed particularly as it relates to diet. Also have my backup of fast acting pills when I have breakthrough pain. I think people that say this drug doesn't work aren't being dosed appropriately or they have just been on high doses of OC alongside short-acting narcotics for so long that they are just too far along to be helped by anything new because your bodies have just gotten so used to your incredible high dose OC regimen. Sorry but push through"

Longhorns13 July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "After 2 spinal surgeries 9/23/16 & 5/18/17, I was prescribed Oxy 5mg 4 times a day, now Oxy 10mg 2 times a day. I am so very frustrated with these doctors who cut your body then dictate how you should and shouldn't be feeling after having these surgeries then refuse to provide you pain medications. Now with my insurance, it has become a nightmare trying to find a pain management doctor who would prescribe medications long term, I am forced to live with ongoing low back pain until my body decides it's healed and no longer need therapy. The meds work, and I only take it when needed. Most days I cry and isolate myself in pain just so that the remaining pain pills I have last me until I really need them...like when on a outing or doing chores."

Affennee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Sun-caraco oxy's do not work!"

johnny s July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dazidox (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Dazidox is instant release oxycodone tablets, and works very well. I take the 20mg tablet for breakthrough pain, haven't needed a dose increase in over a year, and actually works every time!! No complaints at all with the medication!"

Jmcj33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Oxycodone. And, my reaction to it. I had bilateral inguinal hernia surgery yesterday, June 21. All went well during the surgery and in recovery. Several hours later while resting at home, the soreness was getting to me. I decided to take one of the prescribed pills as the directions said take one or two tablets every 4 hours for pain. I took it just before going to bed. And after perhaps 30 minutes had lapsed, I started to experience delusions of my body sinking into the bed, my body was sliding off the bed, thoughts of being suffocated, and those were frightening enough that I woke up Jane who assured me that “no, you are falling through the bed.” I was now awake when vivid images of extension ladders started dancing together and singing about “bilateral hernias.” They were literally were swirling about the room in front of my eyes. Frequently, I found myself staring at my raised arms while my hands and fingers carried on incoherent sentences and conversations. At times while awake, the dimmed lights in the bedroom were dancing and I was carrying-on muttering conversations with myself. These awake experiences lasted for hours. They were not just uncomfortable and distressing, but frightening as well. I have decided to not take another Oxycodone pill. 6/22/2017"

Hernia dude (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I was given oxycontin after morphine tablets didn't do much for the pain I was in. 90mg SR morphine and topped up with oramorph throughout the day. Then transferred onto oxycontin which was prescribed for me in a 40+20mg dose of slow release and topped up with the liquid form for through the day, but when I needed a repeat prescription I was told that I wouldn't be given any more. Even though I had taken these for over two months and the morphine for the four months previously. After reading some of the articles I shouldn't have been taken off these straight away. So much for being professional doctors or just wanting to save money over patients welfare.."

Markus anthonio June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "To treat my breakthrough pain, I find that oxycodone is one of the more quicker working narcotic pain meds. Downside to that is I find it seems to wear off in no longer than 4 hours."

Benjamin P1225 (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I first became disabled in 1978 I was started on codeine and Darvon. the doctor alternated these every three months. Around 1987 I was switched to Lortab. Around 1997 I was switched to Oxycodone. Mainly so I would not have to take so much Tylenol. (Tylenol has never helped me for anything) I have successfully been taking Oxycodone since. I have never abused it. (I need it for severe pain) If I don't take it for a day or two I kind of feel like I have the flu. (this happens when I forget I have medicine for the pain, I just sit and cry until I remember or a friend asks me If I forgot again.) I have never had any withdrawal symptoms (except for the FLU symptoms)."

smurfff (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I've been on Oxycodone for almost 2 years now. I was prescribed 5mg as needed, before my major spinal surgery in 2016, and post-surgery I developed permanent nerve damage, cervical radiculopathy, and have degenerative disk disease. I now take Oxycontin 15mg 3x daily, and Oxycodone IR 15mg every 4-6hrs for breakthrough pain. Yes, you develop a tolerance, yes, it can be VERY addictive - but it WORKS, and relieves severe pain tremendously. Please take this responsibly - those that really need it, do not need to be pigeonholed, or treated as suspects. It's terrible. You deal with severe pain on a daily basis, and that in and of itself is a nightmare, then you have society caught in an epidemic - due to those that can't control themselves."

Echo chamber June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I have been in construction for 42 yrs. And was in two car accidents in which I suffered broken neck. Upper vertebra broken. Lower back broken. At a point I could no longer work thru the day. I need to still support my family as I'm not ready to give up. I have used Oxcodone . 10mg. Low dosage's . Without these medication I would not have been able to continue with a productive life. This overdose issue I get. But there are those of us that actually have benefited greatly from it.. Without I wouldn't even be able to make it a few hrs a day and end up in bed.."

TheePirate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Switched to oxycodone from hydrocodone for chronic neck pain. Was on hydrocodone for 3 years and it worked with the pain management great. Only thing that concerned me was having the acetaminophen in it and liver damage it could cause, so I talked to my Doctor and we agreed the oxy would be a better choice. It helps me get through the days of excruciating pain and lets me live normal life again."

Paully808 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "Heavy/hard work all my life. Have been on oxycodone since '91. Not as effective now but.....wouldn't want to live without it. Never any side effects."

Jimi T (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "It started making me sick when I first started taking these, I think not from all the oxycodone they put in butI think it is from the fillers they use.? not quite sure."

FrankRoberts May 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "I am a double amputee with both hips totally replaced. Degenerative arthritis was the reason for the replacements. I am 64 and oxycodone 10mg. three times daily returned my life to me after 11 surgeries. Four months ago, my PCD (primary care doctor said he could no longer prescribe them. I have been in a wheelchair since the removal. Being in a nursing facility was my only option. I get to see a pain management doctor soon and hope I can get my meds back, along with my life."

henqck April 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xtampza ER (oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: "Horrifying. The onset for Relief is 2 to 3 hours. Then it runs out of pain relief within 5 to 6 hours! If they are trying to hit the abusers make drug and alcohol treatment accessible!!! And the cost is 3 X's More than oxycontin...?!?!? Go figure...."

Sbcd April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "The brand shown worked very well for me. Would only need one when in pain during the night. I can manage the days but at night without this it would be no sleep and pacing all night . Even a half worked well sometimes but other times I would have to take the other half. I suggest taking as little as possible to just ease the pain and nothing more."

Bugsiela April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain: "I've been taking Oxycodone Acetaminophen 10-325 four times daily for approximately 15 years. This has worked wonderfully until 3 months ago. What I found strange is that at this same time the price for Oxycodone is now 30% less cost. Why decrease the cost of oxycodone if we have an epidemic? I'll tell you why, it's because they changed the formula. What I believe the pharmaceutical companies did was change how the drug is released in the body. For the past 3 months all I this medication does is get me high. Before the change it did not affect me in that way. Even doubling up on the med doesn't help for pain. All that happens is I get high. No wonder non-addicts are seeking out heroin."

Bbgguutd April 4, 2017