User Reviews for Naproxen to treat Pain

Also known as: Aleve, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Naproxen Sodium DS, Anaprox-DS, Naprelan, Flanax Pain Reliever, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, Pamprin All Day Relief, EC-Naprosyn, Aflaxen, Midol Extended Relief, All Day Pain Relief All Day Relief

Naproxen Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1456 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Naproxen

Anonymous May 31, 2020

“Not effective at all !! Advil worked much better!!”

Ms purple · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

“This medication makes me extremely nauseated. I’ll stick to Ibuprofen.”

Simply mad all the time April 16, 2020

“Listen whatever you do! If your stomach is sensitive don't take, naproxen, it had me so sick I thought I had the coronavirus!!!! Nauseous, dizziness and bad stomach cramps it was terrible+”

carebear · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

“I was put on naproxen and had an allergic reaction later on. Complete swollen face for 6 days straight, terrible hives and a burning itch - do not recommend.”

Wullieman · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

“You might get lucky and have no side affects from naproxen. I am 50 years old and got them for back pain just for three weeks till physio. Took them for 5 days 200mg twice a day. My side effects were pain in kidney, stomach back, constipated. Trouble passing urine very sore. I just hope they haven't messed my insides up. I would say. Stay away from these. Oh and he tried to give me Gabapentin today checked side affects. No way I’m taking them. So pain for two weeks then physio. Better than option from doc”

Kg · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2019

Aleve (naproxen): “I have taken Aleve for several different pain conditions knee pain, back pain, joint pain, headaches and it does absolutely nothing. I get more pain relief from taking nothing! Sad! This medication is a waste of money.”

Vee · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

Aleve (naproxen): “Aleve does nothing for me. I bought some because people, including doctors, constantly tell me how good it is for all kinds of pain. It does NOTHING for me. I've used it for headaches, neck pain, joint pain - zero pain relief. Two Advil are way, way more effective. I feel like I've wasted money on a completely useless drug. Won't ever buy it again.”

Ls1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2019

“Naproxen did not help with my pain, I've taken it for toothaches and cramps, just ended up hurting my stomach instead.”

tommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

Aleve (naproxen): “I broke my wrist. There was a terrible amount of swelling in my entire hand. The was pain just touching it. I started taking Aleve. Two pills a day and the swelling went down in my fingers and thumb. I started taking three a day(the maximum) and the swelling went down in the back of my hand. I can see my knuckles for the first time in three months. I can start get strength in the hand to go back to work.”

Sonny · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

“At times, I suffer from back pain although it's been much better the past 6 years. Also from throbbing shoulder and hands, at times. Enough pain and throbbing to stop me from doing anything, including sleeping. I had been taking a low dose Oxycodone, which relieved pain within 15 minutes. I still have 7 of those left from 2017, thank goodness. Even though they've turned yellow over the years, I still take one about once a month when the pain is bad. I asked my doctor about this and she said Oxycodone doesn't go bad, so to take when needed. She also said they couldn't prescribe Oxycodone any longer because of because people abuse them. Well, I don't have not abused them, but because of others, not just me but others have to suffer? Somethings not right here. She did prescribe 500mg of Naproxen. Good grief, why even bother taking it? Absolutely zero relief.”

ROR · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 3, 2018

“I give it a "1" because "0" is not an option. This medicine has never helped me relieve any kind of pain. :{”

Mail girl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 28, 2018

Aleve (naproxen): “As a mail carrier, I walk 11 miles a day for the last 22 years. Inflammation in my knees has really affected me, making my day difficult and painful to get the job done. 2 Aleve gelcaps work WONDERS and in less than 10 minutes!”

Ernie April 30, 2018

“A complete joke. I just went to the emergency room from a fall. Torn rotator cuff and ligaments, prescribed naproxen. Has not touched the pain. Then I’m reading it’s great for menstrual cramps and headaches, but not for this. Thanks to the ER Dr - NOT.”

Alice April 24, 2018

Aleve (naproxen): “I have never taken Aleve before. Dr recommended for my trigger finger (inflammation) it did help. Took the round blue pill 220mg one after dinner. 4 tables in four days. I’m stopping it today as I got a sore throat out of the blues. Could it be a reaction.. ? I’m pretty healthy and I know taking medications is not my forte. Still I know it did help.”

Young Female · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 2, 2018

“I've been using Aleve for a couple years now for my period pain. Taking one gel capsule right as I start feeling pain seems to get rid of it altogether within about 10mins! I never really trusted that drugs worked well until I used Aleve. Now, I got my last wisdom tooth pulled yesterday. The dentist suggested Tylenol (500mg)+Advil (600mg), and wrote me a prescription for percocet (which I haven't filled yet) if I'd rather that. Tried the Tylenol/Advil combo. Barely worked. Couldn't sleep and early morning I grabbed my Aleve to see if that would help... Pain is pretty much gone unless I move that area of the mouth. I love Aleve. I put 9/10 because it failed me just once with my period. (It's possible I took it too late though.)”

Julian Paul · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2017

Aleve (naproxen): “Of the various OTC pain medications I have tried, Aleve has worked the best. Though I'm not so much of a stickler when it comes to only buying name brands (oftentimes I've found that generics work just fine), I find that the name-brand Aleve has more of a positive effect for me than generic naproxen. Nevertheless, I keep a bottle of Aleve nearby at all times. It truly helps.”

Kscheers December 9, 2017

“I am a 65 yr old, female in excellent health except that I have ankle & knee pain . On vacation I, daily, took 500mg Naproxen for 3 weeks due to a mis-step and slight fall. Upon return home, 1 month later I am having extreme hair loss.”

Ms_Chrys · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2017

Aleve (naproxen): “I cracked a molar vertically into TWO pieces. After the initial two days (wherein a strong muscle relaxant was added to the mix) two Aleve for each dose kept me comfortable (nearly pain free unless I chewed on it) until I could get my quotes for a dental implant and get the offending tooth extracted. I am post extraction as of today and again, two Aleve per dose has allowed me to bypass the opiod pain management ALTOGETHER! Highly pleased and will keep Aleve as my go to pain intervention for intense pain wherein speed of results is the only option. ”

graciesmith4410 December 1, 2017

Aleve (naproxen): “I had a toe injury and I took Aleve extra strength. Let me just say, this was the best decision I could have made. I went from not being able to walk in the morning, to jumping off a stage. I HIGHLY recommend Aleve. I have never been so impressed with a medication. I wish I could shoot a commercial for Aleve because they deserve it.”

Hylandlassy · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2017

“I heard/felt something in my shoulder tear ( Torn tendon in shoulder ). Went to Dr when ibuprofen and paracetamol no longer worked. Prescribed 500mg naproxen twice day. This was last wed. It's now Sunday and the constant dull pain down my arm has come back. The naproxen worked really well for about 48 hours. It didn't stop the agony every morning. Painful when changing gear when driving (UK). Have MRI scan in 10 days. No side effects although my hot flushes ( menopause) seem to have got much worse over the last 2 days ( on clonidine for those)”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2017

“Had a tooth pulled three days ago have been taking this every chance I could. Doesn't seem to help with pain at all maybe I need a higher dosage than 300 mg because I'm only allowed to take 2 a day.”

Pengy · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 17, 2017

“I have tried many brands of Naproxen. It has never relieved even the mildest of my pain. I had no inflammation relief either.”

Pog October 14, 2017

Aleve (naproxen): “Does nothing may as well take sugar pills”

My nickname is not in use · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2017

Aleve (naproxen): “No more effective or longer lasting than aspirin.”

Amberalambra May 29, 2017

“52 yr old struggled physically for 30 years, fibromyalgia, CFS, widespread joint and muscle pain. Depressed due to daily pain and effort to do anything. Took 500mg Naproxen and the pain, stiffness and burning has virtually gone, it took about 45 minutes to work, I feel like somebody else, woke up this morning having had a good nights sleep still feeling much better, I can't actually believe it. Ibuprofen, paracetamol didn't touch it, Zapain helps but worsens fatigue. I was prescribed Naproxen 6 months ago 250 mg twice a day, didn't do a lot and I over read and over thought the side effects so didn't bother. I'm trying 500 mg once a day for a few days then I'll try splitting the dose. I've had no side effects on either 500mg so far, I just feel great.”