User Reviews for Naproxen (Page 3)

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 7 reviews 41 medications

2.7
Neck Pain 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Naproxen reviews 354 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Naproxen

For Headache: "For the very first time EVER a medication worked for my migraine. My carrier would not cover the originally prescribed medication, so dr ordered naproxen and sumatriptan. I took it , not expecting much but I was wrong. My migraine felt like day 3 of a migraine. I could not believe it. I have had migraines for over 30 yrs and nothing has ever ever made any difference. I carry them both with me everywhere!"

RojasBU January 9, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Didn't help at all, it did give me terrible heart burn though."

kasinwonderland January 4, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "I have severe scoliosis so my pain is pretty strong most days. My doctor recommended Aleve so I take 2 caplets (440mg) and there is a bit less pain for a few hours. The package says it works for 8-12 hours, but I'm lucky if it stretches out to 5. Takes my pain from a 7 (out of 10) to a 3 or 4. And then I can't drink for another 8 hours which is no fun."

Steeeeve January 3, 2016

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: "I had been suffering with sciatica for a number of years, when it suddenly worsened. I started getting shooting pains and severe weakness in both of my legs. After one dose of 500mg I was able to sit comfortably and walk without the worry of one of my legs giving out from under me"

feh December 30, 2015

For Back Pain: "Nursing student on feet all day, lifting patients. This is the only drug that helps my SI back and hip pain. I keep it with me daily. I would seriously be in trouble with out it."

Mabes69 December 29, 2015

For Costochondritis: "Costochondritis following bronchitis infection, taking naproxen for three months no change,"

Maddnesse (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2015

For Back Pain: "Naproxen helped to lessen the pain of herniated discs, but I experienced shortness of breath and was only able to get through 10 mins of cardio class. Before Naproxen I would complete 60 - 90 mins of cardio. I stopped the drug immediately, that was 6 months ago and I still have shortness of breath and can't do cardio class at all. this drug should be pulled from the market."

remove market December 16, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "It does absolutely nothing for my pain."

Itsmemom (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "Aleve heavily advertised for 12 hour pain relief. Also recommended by a friend. Tried as desperate for all day pain relief from sciatic nerve. No effect whatsoever, persevered for a week, no relief, even with recommended stretching."

Vixmum (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This medicine made a great difference overnight for me."

Anonymous December 8, 2015

For Sciatica: "I have been taking naproxen on and off for years.Usually for back pain.It is the best treatment I have received .After 3 weeks of sciatica I started taking it again.This time it has helped,but I have a funny taste in my mouth and my mouth feels sore,my lips are slightly swollen as well.I will leave it off for a while and see if it feels better. I have anaphylaxis if I eat gelatine, does anyone know if it contains any?."

KYDERIA December 6, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "This should be the first thing you take when you realize you have back pain. At the very least this will take the sharp edge off and give you enough time to get to Urgent Care or an immediate doctor appointment. I have noticed that for extended use (2-5 days) the pain symptoms slowly come back, but at least this is something I can buy OTC."

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2015

For Headache: "I was suffering from the common cold and had symptoms of dry cough, congested sinus, large headache, slight ear pain, sore throat, and muscle pain in my knees and gleutus maximus. I couldn't eat anything either and at times felt like vomiting. Also, I would wake up in the middle of sleeping, mumbling from my symptoms and pain. And, I would sleep long hours, and no sleep is enough for me. Taking naproxen 220 mg and sleeping that night, I felt 10 times better. The headache was gone, and so was the muscle pain. I slept good that night. I feel like I could do the usual tasks (including eating) now."

MsEgy (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2015

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Chronic Myofascial Pain: "You can't take with GERD"

Bebopbebop November 28, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Female 20 years old - I recently started a new job as a cashier. I started to experience pain after having to pick up heavy packs of water bottles and other heavy items. The pain was all in my lower back. I went to visit my chiropractor and that would alleviate the pain until I went back to work. I would rate my pain on a scale from 1 to 10; a 7. It was a sharp stabbing pulling pain in my lower back and it even hurt to take a deep breath. Today was the first day I took Aleve when I went to work and my back pain was almost completely gone. I was able to move around without being uncomfortable. I am extremely satisfied with the results."

Kris1369 November 27, 2015

For Tendonitis: "I have tendonitis in both elbows and ankles I am young and fit very active person a few months ago I could barely walk or hold a cup of water to my mouth without being in consent pain, I pushed through as much as I could but one day it got too much I went to my doctor who prescribed me 500mg Naproxen and instantly the pain has gone, I am back running and at the gym doing weights. I have had no side effects."

Crazykiwi November 25, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "This is my go to drug every month for cramps. Love love love. I've had severe cramps ever since and as soon as I started taking this everything will go away in less than 15 minutes."

Karina Sam (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2015

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I can tell it's working! When ever I take the medication my pain reduces from like a 6 to a 4 which is awesome!!"

Jared123456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "yes I find this drug ok for my condition. Thankfully I haven't experienced any side effects at moment. I have lost weight and pain has been reduced."

Anonymous November 3, 2015

For Headache: "I have been using this drug for 2 years now. Every time I feel like I am starting a migraine, I take one pill and it kills it in no time. I have not gotten a single episode of migraine since I started to take this pill. It is magical. I used to have really bad migraines that made me vomit."

Marilou S November 1, 2015

For Back Pain: "I was proscribed 500mg tablets to help with a sprained lumbar. The pharmacist told me that at worst i would experience indigestion, and it should not be combined with other pain medication or else I'd deal with internal bleeding. What i wasn't ready for was crippling fatigue, vision impairment, nausea, urine darkening, cold sweats, and my back pain getting even worse. I looked up the side effects that the pharmacist didn't mention and found then listed under the Uncommon and Rare side effects, which means I'm just unlucky."

Young Back Pain (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2015

For Pain: "I take naproxen for jaw pain and it's really hit-or-miss. Sometimes it works like a charm, but other times it'll do absolutely nothing. It fails more often than it helps, though."

charlie the kid October 30, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "I started taking this per my Doctor instead of Tylenol for lower back pain. I had stomach issues.. could not eat, vomited, severe itching on the legs and armsI "

catlover82001 October 28, 2015

For Sciatica: "Don't feel any difference with this medication 2 tablets 1 in morning 1 at night doesn't work for me at all 250mg"

Lindajmmmmmmm October 23, 2015

For Period Pain: "Suffered severe period pain doctor put me on naproxen in 2 months have no pain and no period flow it's basically stopped but side effects I got itchy hives but it's great..but doctor says pain is fibroids that have to come out I wanted to stay on naproxen but she said it's only a solution not the end result...."

Miss Buffy October 19, 2015