User Reviews for Naproxen (Page 3)

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Naproxen.

Gout, Acute

Frozen Shoulder
2.2

Summary of Naproxen reviews 6.4 422 reviews

Reviews for Naproxen

For Neck Pain: "First time took two 220mg had chest pain and left arm pain lasted few days. Thought I just took to much. 5 months later another neck ache only thing with me at work those same rugby 220 naproxen. Instantaneously felt like I was having a heart attack, the following day my knees became swollen and I couldn't walk. Three weeks later I still feel like I am having a heart attack. This product is the direct cause and the doctors have yet to figure out what it is. My chest keeps swelling up randomly, I have a one year old and a three year old and hate the thought I might die from taking one dumb pill for pain. Never again I'll just take the pain."

Dmaxchris (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain: "Cramps woke me up. Took 500 mg of Naproxen because I was out of advil. It worked in 25 minutes to eliminate all pain."

Anglee45 December 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Aleve is great for back pain.I take one pill in the morning. And one at night before bed time.no pain at all.That's what my M.D. told me to take.thanks Aleve .great job"

Big kj December 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have severe back problems. I also have arthritis. The doctors kept giving me narcotics so I felt like a zombie all the time. and hated it. I decided to try some Aleve. It eased the pain enough that I can actually go out and do things I did before the back problems. No worries about being too drowsy to drive. Not everyone can take this and you should ask your doctor before taking it. I was an emergency room nurse for 20 years and I never had a patient with an allergic reaction to this type of medication but it can happen. The most common side effect is stomach problems so don't take it on an empty stomach."

shlbycindy16 December 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have R.A and I was skeptical at first but I was in so much pain in my wrist and hand I wanted to scream. Well I took a 250 mg Aleve and it took 2 hours to kick in but I must say thank goodness for Aleve. I still feel a small amount of discomfort but its nothing that will interfere with my day, I recommend this. Normally I take Tylenol but I think I like Aleve better. My first time taking it. Put it this way it won't hurt to try and I'm glad I did."

Mona Lisa December 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "Last November I was prescribed naproxen for lower back pain. After 4 days I ended up in the back of an ambulance on route to A&E. It all started with my back pain increasing, it spread up my back and across my chest. I could hardly breathe, had sharp shooting pains in my central chest area. I was discharged from A&E that afternoon and after that things got steadily worse. I ended up with serious heart palpitations, tinnitus and confusion. Have had the all clear regarding blocked arteries, no problem there. The doctors that dealt with me refuse to accept that naproxen might have been responsible, I'm now a regular attendee at the Royal London hospital, the heart failure clinic. If YOUR doctor prescribes you naproxen, remember this post."

Mac39 December 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Aleve made me itch from head to toe within 30 minutes of taking 2 pills. It was the absolute worst experience. The pain was more tolerable than the itch."

Prissyd (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain: "I've suffered from horrible period cramps my entire life. When I was younger, I would need to be picked up from school and was bed ridden all day. Advil has never helped reduce these cramps, in fact, it made my bleeding heavier. I started taking naproxen after my obgyn recommended it and it really does help to reduce the severity of the cramps. I still get mild cramps the first two days, but I am able to function and perform my daily activities. It works more efficiently if you take it twice a day for a few days leading to your period."

Chris1119 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "I took 2 pills (220mg each) in the morning and it may take 1-2 hour before the pain is completely gone. I've sciatica on my right leg from lower back down to the bottom of my feet. Tickling & numbness besides the pain each morning. First thing I did was taking 2 pills immediately. I also practice yoga regularly..., I'm so grateful to discover Aleve for sciatica! Will take it as long as my sciatica is here..."

Yogivino (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain: "I take naproxen to help decrease the blood when I'm on my period taking it 3 times a day 3 days before my period and up to and it works great, I was prescribed by the doctor around a year ago and it's really been helping my periods to become lighter, since I take it for 3 days before my period I don't see any help with period pain and I never knew it could help that so my periods are still as painful as before taking naproxen"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "Was on crutches all day yesterday, painful as hell, finally out of desperation went researching for any relief from the pain. Found this site and read this forum. While still on crutches went to local Duane Read (NYC), took some pills of Aleve at 12am and promptly passed out. Bottle states, take 2 max. Woke up at 4am, I can actually walk to the bathroom without crutches... it apparently took about 50% of the pain away. Still painful, still hobbling around, but I can walk unassisted! No crutches! Took another aleve pill at 4:30am and 5am, I will be loading up my pickup truck full of video gear which weighs almost 1,000lbs! I am so glad I read this forum. Thanks guys! That really helped out!"

barfman (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Dumb doctors prescribed me this junk for a week for my damaged rotator cuff that has started to act up with medium labor and cause my whole arm to go cold and throb with pain. My hand also is going numb towards the end of the day. It did not touch my pain whatsoever. Instead it caused me to be fatigued, dizzy, raised my blood pressure, and made me feel like throwing up due to the terrible taste that lasted an hour and upset stomach that I had while the "medication's" effects lasted. This stuff is absolutely terrible, and so are any physicians that prescribe it. DO NOT TAKE IT. Ibuprofen lessened my pain at least a little bit with no side effects."

AVOID AT ALL COSTS (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: "Hi everyone I'm 42 I just had all my teeth pulled on Oct 6 ,2016. I was in severe pain Felt like my mouth was butchard I took a bottle pain relievers in two days no help so I get a bottle of Aleve 12 hour let me tell you it stopped my pain I was so relieved so the meds said take two than 1 every 4 hours so I bought a bottle of extra strength Tylenol and I would take the aleve every four hours and 30 minutes later I would take the 0ne Tylenol extra strength Works perfect today is my 4 day I feel great thanks Aleve"

greeneyes 2016 (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I have been taking these for last few days for back pain and had no effect on the pain. However, I have had dreadful nausea and felt strange and depressed all week. I never feel like this and just decided to stop taking the tablets this morning to see if that made any difference. I have been totally fine since I stopped taking these tablets. I think people need to be careful taking these tablets as the side effects can really wreck your head and stomach."

jacquelinekathleen October 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Took Naproxen 500mg twice a day for four days, then ended up in an ambulance on-route to A&E department. Naproxen also gave me a serious heart problem, I now attend the heart failure clinic, and the ENT department for tinnitus. I am a UK citizen based in the UK. I regret taking them."

Anonymous October 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have a Anterior labral tear Instant pain relief soon after the first dose (500mg twice daily) use codeine as a breakthrough medication in case it gets more severe but other than that, highly recommended pain relief as an alternative to opioid medication "

Kieranrevill1996 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Two days ago I was getting out of my car . I slipped on the gravel, twisting and slipping the lower discs in my back. For two days I haven't been able to move without excruciating pain . I have been crying for two days I've taken Advil, Tylenol, Motrin muscle relaxers. Just a few hours ago my friend cones over hands me two aleves and some warm water. Within 30minutes I'm not lying the pain is gone. Thank you aleve, i promise to pass the word of your greatness."

Breanzelle September 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "I get gout in both big toe joints a couple of times per year and have always been to busy to go to the Doctor. I started off having tablets from friends who suffer from gout and tried a few different types that they had been prescribed and always kept on stand-by! The best one I've found (and I've suffered for several years now) was Naproxen. My friends would give me a few pills and they would relieve it every time. Some other NSAIDs did not work at all. After doing a bit of research I discovered that Naproxen is a prescription drug. However, it is contained in Feminax Ultra which is sold over the counter for period pain only. I always keep a pack near me and take 4 pills as soon as I feel it starting. Works every time."

zubstah September 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Gives me noticeable stomach pain on occasion and I only take when I am desperate due to the risk of it causing stomach ulcers/intestinal bleeding in otherwise healthy people. It works very well to stop joint and menstrual pain though and also relaxes my joints and gives greater flexibility."

Chai tee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "Save your money. Might as well take a baby aspirin. Extra strength Advil Liquid Gels, or Tylenol Arthritis work 10 times better."

JSF130 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "Currently taking prescribed Naproxen 500mg twice daily for severe lower back pain. I feel a small amount of relief for a 2 hours and then my back pain is in full force. I felt nauseous and i did eat 20 minutes before taking this medicine, There has to be a better way!"

LisaE2017 August 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Gout, Acute: "I had an acute gout attack in my big toe which was extremely painful and started right away with very high doses of Ibuprofen. After 3 days there was little to no change, still very painful, not able to walk and red and swollen. I read about Naproxen on this page and - living in the UK - it is only available in the format of Feminax, which are tablets for period pain relief. Having nothing to lose, I went ahead and bought a pack. I started at 8am with 2 pills (500 mg) which started to relief the pain about 2 hours later. I took the third pill (250 mg) at 4pm. By 7pm I could feel no pain at all. At midnight I took the next pill (8 hours later, again 250 mg) and when I woke up at 7 I had no symptoms left. What a great pill."

Dee72 August 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Headache: "I'm 40 and have been a long life sufferer of migraines especially 3/4 days before my period. My migraines would last 4/5 days with the first day not able to function at all. I will be looking for a cool, dark and quite room to lay my body in and not to speak.. Since I was prescribed Naproxen 250 mg, I started taking 2 just as I start feeling a tingle of it coming. It doesn't stop it all together, but it eases it. It made my life a lot better. I get a lot less episodes of migraine that don't last long. I also made a change in my life style. I make sure I avoid stress when I can, I do take at least a day when I don't do anything but chill, not even housework. My diet has always been very healthy and balanced so I know it's not it's not that."

DTaggart August 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Period Pain: "Aleve is much more effective for me than Advil. Like everyone else I've been dealing with extremely painful cramps my whole life. I was taking Advil but would always end up throwing up and bent over in excruciating pain, switched to Aleve and at least now I can function during the first three critical days and not stuck in bed throwing up. I still get bad cramps every now and then so it's not perfect but at least Aleve helps me get through it. I usually take two in the morning; two at night. There should be a support group for woman that suffer from severe menstrual cycles. I feel like I'm the only one, but felt better after reading some of the other posts here; I'm not alone in my struggle."

PASF August 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I am having severe pain on my right shoulder, radiating to my elbow, and a numbed index finger. I was prescribed 500 mg of naproxen twice daily. It is woefully inadequate. I have been supplementing with tylenol but that still isn't cutting it. This is nof a drug that works for me."

Mnmmmmmmmmmm July 30, 2016