User Reviews for Naproxen to treat Costochondritis

Also known as: Aleve, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Naproxen Sodium DS, Anaprox-DS, EC-Naprosyn, Naprelan, Flanax Pain Reliever, Midol Extended Relief, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, Pamprin All Day Relief, Aflaxen, All Day Pain Relief All Day Relief …show all brand names

Naproxen has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Costochondritis. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Naproxen Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Costochondritis.

Reviews for Naproxen

Dee8Dee March 17, 2015

Aleve (naproxen): “I've been diagnosed with costochondritis for 2 yrs now. I have other joint issues, along with military neck and tendinitis. Nothing has worked as well and effectively as Aleve. I take anywhere from 220-500mg when needed. All my aches and pains subside and I can move about freely. Even with nerve damage. I am so thankful for Aleve!”

Jack7718 June 18, 2015

Flanax Pain Reliever (naproxen): “I have had costochondritis for two months now. I have found that my body best responds to naproxen and toradol/ ketorolac. These have both been prescribed to me after my success with Flanax (Naproxen).”

MaryC · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2021

“Script completely cured me of costochondritis after almost a year of tests, being misdiagnosed, and doctors guessing. No side effects since I took it after breakfast and dinner daily... 12 hrs apart.”

KellyBellyBoo August 23, 2017

Aleve (naproxen): “Been taking 800 mg of Ibuprofen three times a day for 12 days per docs order with little relief for Chostocondritis and back pain. Getting pretty bummed out so decided to try Aleve (not generic - the time release isn't the same) and within hours had relief. Finally able to sit comfortably!”

JAMES H February 25, 2009

Naprosyn (naproxen): “It helps a lot. Try to avoid prolonged use. Side effects can be severe.”

Nigel Hunni August 28, 2008

Naprosyn (naproxen): “It is good.”

TKMN · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

“naproxen gave me tinnitus and abdominal pains in just 2 days of taking it. I had 2x 250mg a day, my tinnitus hasn't recovered”