User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 108 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Sciatica

"2 Weeks ago I developed severe lower back pain, I went to my chiropractor for 2 treatments thinking this would solve the problem, was out of action for a week. Then it flared up again just when I thought it was gone. I am supposed to be starting a new job on Monday, but woke up Saturday morning in severe pain down my left leg, throbbing burning pain, and my ankle and foot had no feeling..... so all I have is a tablet called INZA and paracetemol, I can't drive the manual car to the doctor to get an injection as I can't even walk properly and have no feeling in the leg. I'm seeing the physio on Monday, I wonder if this will help as they do work the muscles which might help the disk go back to normal, is this going to be a life long problem?"

POP Dolly September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had sciatica since December. I was prescribed Naproxen 500g twice a week but didn't want to take any meds. It went well but 15th May it flared up to a point I couldn't stay stand, seat, lay without excrutiating pain. I started taking pain killers I had at home when I get my period AKA Tesco's 30p and 60p: 200 Ibuprofen, Patacetamol 500, Paracetamol Extra 500 (with caffeine) and Extra Power Pain Control 500 (Parancetamol/Aspirin/Cafeine). I try to go 3 days paracetamols then 5 Ibuprofen with 1 day with no med in between. After 4 crippling weeks at home I finally managed to walk to a pharmacy to buy Naproxen. I have been taking it for a week. No relief. The Tesco meds were more effective at easing the pain. Naproxen do not work for me at all"

JaLee (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen): "I took 2 pills (220mg each) in the morning and it may take 1-2 hour before the pain is completely gone. I've sciatica on my right leg from lower back down to the bottom of my feet. Tickling & numbness besides the pain each morning. First thing I did was taking 2 pills immediately. I also practice yoga regularly..., I'm so grateful to discover Aleve for sciatica! Will take it as long as my sciatica is here..."

Yogivino (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen): "Save your money. Might as well take a baby aspirin. Extra strength Advil Liquid Gels, or Tylenol Arthritis work 10 times better."

JSF130 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was originally given naproxen for dental pain. but didnt use it all, I read leaflet and saw it helps nerve pain as my sciatica flared up again now lasting ten weeks onwards. I took one yesterday and one today and its eased quite a bit. My worse time is when I get up am hobbling around on one leg until nerve settles. still get the pins needles in foot and leg, but the naproxin seems to ease the actual pain and relax the nerves. It does not make the pain go but just relaxes it. It works for some and not for others but guess same with all medicines. I have tried to manage without pain killers and didnt want to end up reliant on them. but its that or having severe pain 24.7. London Uk dont pay for meds covered via other conditions."

Music Lady June 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Post operational sciatica after pelvic. Floor repair I have been taking two 500mg tablet twice daily. It has been marvellous can barely feel any pain. I take warfarin so really careful to take 20mgs of omprazole in the morning. No side effects after two days. First time that I have taken Naproxen .I hope if ever I need this type of relief that my GP will Prescribe again. Cannot praise enough."

Bertiedette (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have some serious side effects. Please google a little bit before using. In my case i had upset stomach. Stopped after 3 days of use"

Nahidxy (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen): "Had been on prescription strength Naproxen for 6 days before I decided I didn't feel a benefit. Took nothing for 2 days and then bought Aleve 220 mg per pill and took 2. Not sure what the difference was but have noticed more relief from the constant discomfort while walking."

LamarrG April 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on straight codeine 7 years 12 daily just came a habit. In the end til today I crunched up bad enuough to almost drop my 3month old baby...hubby had to come home from work practically lift me in the car to the docs...ended up gtn a cordisone injection plus norflex and naproxen omg am so relaxed right now first time in years."

edwardsferris April 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started with constant diarrhoea after taking Naproxen for 4weeks. Had a Colonoscopy and samples taken showed early stages of Microscopic Colitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Not happy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen): "Aleve heavily advertised for 12 hour pain relief. Also recommended by a friend. Tried as desperate for all day pain relief from sciatic nerve. No effect whatsoever, persevered for a week, no relief, even with recommended stretching."

Vixmum (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking naproxen on and off for years.Usually for back pain.It is the best treatment I have received .After 3 weeks of sciatica I started taking it again.This time it has helped,but I have a funny taste in my mouth and my mouth feels sore,my lips are slightly swollen as well.I will leave it off for a while and see if it feels better. I have anaphylaxis if I eat gelatine, does anyone know if it contains any?."

KYDERIA December 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't feel any difference with this medication 2 tablets 1 in morning 1 at night doesn't work for me at all 250mg"

Lindajmmmmmmm October 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Sciatica almost stop me from my passion. Dancing has been my life's dream. Taking 1 or 2 Naprosyn has helped me so much. Even after reading all the side affects I was scared to take it but the pain was unbearable. After taking 3 different meds this is the one that works for me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'd had sciatica for 6 weeks before doctor prescribe naproxen 250mg twice a day have been taking for two weeks cant say much relief for things like walking but a little for when at rest and can now at least sleep on affected side"

limp it (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've taken two doses of Naproven 500mg,, one yesterday evening and one this morning. I've had no side effects but no pain relief either. I'm getting depressed with having to put up with this debilitating pain."

KPNUT (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen): "Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone."

Maili (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Naprosyn (naproxen): "This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to."

BAD_BA May 6, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen): "Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps."

Daisy304 October 7, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used Naproxen for sciatica. Even had the prescription strength. It never upset my stomach but didn't help with my pain. "

Psyatica October 1, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had very big problems. Been taking Norco and muscle relaxers. I stopped taking the Norcos..didn't help! I went to the ER and was given naproxen and soma. Thank you. After two 500mg pills and 1 day of taking them, I can move. No pain in my hip and I can work. "

j.paul C. June 1, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At first I took Ibuprofen but that does nothing for Sciatica. I went to the doctor because I could not walk and our physician said that Ibuprofen doesn't work for this, Naproxen does. So about 500 mg and wow, it's fantastic. Take it with buttermilk, yogurt, or a yogurt drink to keep your stomach in good shape."

Anonymous May 27, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aleve (naproxen): "When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also. "

Leon Saper (taken for 10 years or more) May 2, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Naprelan (naproxen): "Sciatica pain since June. October started Naproxen 500 and obvious changes. No pain from back to calf, can stand for longer periods of time without pain and leg numbness. Very happy. "

Cmatcmat November 8, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Naproxen Sodium DS (naproxen): "Naproxen works pretty well, except that it tends to wear off well before the next dose is due. It works for about 8 or 9 hours and then begins wearing off."

Cabqeen007 January 30, 2011