User Reviews for Naproxen to treat Sciatica (Page 2)

Also known as: Aleve, Naprosyn, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, Pamprin All Day Relief, Naproxen Sodium DS, EC-Naprosyn, Naprelan, Aflaxen, Midol Extended Relief, Flanax Pain Reliever, All Day Pain Relief All Day Relief

Naproxen Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Sciatica.

Reviews for Naproxen

Maili · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2014

Aleve (naproxen): “Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.”

BAD_BA May 6, 2014

Naprosyn (naproxen): “This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to.”

Daisy304 October 7, 2013

Aleve (naproxen): “Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.”

Psyatica October 1, 2013

“Used Naproxen for sciatica. Even had the prescription strength. It never upset my stomach but didn't help with my pain. ”

j.paul C. June 1, 2013

“I have had very big problems. Been taking Norco and muscle relaxers. I stopped taking the Norcos..didn't help! I went to the ER and was given naproxen and soma. Thank you. After two 500mg pills and 1 day of taking them, I can move. No pain in my hip and I can work. ”

Anonymous May 27, 2012

“At first I took Ibuprofen but that does nothing for Sciatica. I went to the doctor because I could not walk and our physician said that Ibuprofen doesn't work for this, Naproxen does. So about 500 mg and wow, it's fantastic. Take it with buttermilk, yogurt, or a yogurt drink to keep your stomach in good shape.”

Leon Saper · Taken for 10 years or more May 2, 2012

Aleve (naproxen): “When I have sciatica pain in my hip I quickly eat something (protein bar often works), take two Aleve, then lay down on the floor and put my legs up on a chair. Sometimes I put an ice pack on the area also, and I lay there for 10-20 minutes and the pain almost always subsides. Then I make sure to stretch a bit so the pain doesn't return when the Aleve wears off. Aleve works GREAT when I'm in pain, but don't forget how vital it is to stretch and exercise also. ”

Cmatcmat November 8, 2011

Naprelan (naproxen): “Sciatica pain since June. October started Naproxen 500 and obvious changes. No pain from back to calf, can stand for longer periods of time without pain and leg numbness. Very happy. ”

Cabqeen007 January 30, 2011

Naproxen Sodium DS (naproxen): “Naproxen works pretty well, except that it tends to wear off well before the next dose is due. It works for about 8 or 9 hours and then begins wearing off.”

y0man January 19, 2011

“I recently acquired sciatica and it is painful at times. Usually at the end of the day after walking. I started a new job that has stairs everywhere (along with elevators) Using the stairs everyday seems to have helped it (hanging on to the rails). But, the Naproxen twice a day is helping me to use the stairs. Naproxen once a day wasn't cutting it. Just one floor at a time, then the elevator. I'm convinced that the inflammation is the culprit as it causes tendons to become sticky and grind tendons against muscles when moving causing pain incrementally as the day progresses. I had a motorcycle accident and landed hard on my toosh.”

Lansingite November 18, 2009

Aleve (naproxen): “A surgeon recommended that I have a procedure to deal with the effects of several ruptured disks in my lower back. I prefer to put off the surgery for as long as I can, and use Aleve on an almost daily basis. It works just fine for me, and I only have an incident about every 1.5 years, and usually because I overdo the yard work. When it gets very bad, I supplement with an anti spasmodic drug for a few days.”

Anonymous May 19, 2009

“It works phenomenally. However, 2 a day doesn't keep the pain away for 24 hours.”

Anonymous March 24, 2009

Naprelan (naproxen): “I am currently taking Celebrex and Prednisone for my Sciatica, 12 days now and no relief. Desperate for pain relief I took 1 naproxen 500mg. Thank God I did. The pill is a little hard to swallow, and it may make you a little nauseous but it will definitely ease the pain and will allow you to get some much needed sleep.”

Learn more about Sciatica

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)