User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Naproxen Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 369 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Naproxen to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"Have taken Naproxen 750mg slow release for Psoriatic arthritis for about 2 years as daily pain relief, good efficacy but gradually diminishes over time. Still overall positive."

Aussie Beau (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I took Naproxen for a week without taking Omeprazole. The doctor had said I should only take the Omeprazole if needed. By the time I needed it , the damage had been done. I had chronic gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) caused by the Naproxen. You must take both at the same time. I was in agony."

downhillafter50 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen): "I have R.A and I was skeptical at first but I was in so much pain in my wrist and hand I wanted to scream. Well I took a 250 mg Aleve and it took 2 hours to kick in but I must say thank goodness for Aleve. I still feel a small amount of discomfort but its nothing that will interfere with my day, I recommend this. Normally I take Tylenol but I think I like Aleve better. My first time taking it. Put it this way it won't hurt to try and I'm glad I did."

Mona Lisa December 15, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen): "It does help a bit on stiffness and swelling. Please be sure to drink plenty of water as it can rise your creatine levels and lead to kidney problems if you don't stay hydrated."

JBK62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I have been using this for about a week now and it has completely changed my life. I am more or less free of pain. The side effects are a little worrying but as long as you watch out for these it should be ok. I am now able to go to work and actually function without being in pain. For me it is working."

Maddy V April 25, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Naprosyn (naproxen): "This medicine made a great difference overnight for me."

Anonymous December 8, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"yes I find this drug ok for my condition. Thankfully I haven't experienced any side effects at moment. I have lost weight and pain has been reduced."

Anonymous November 3, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I only use when doing physical activity"

Thib (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 12, 2014

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"This pill is a super strength Rx form of Aleve. If you have chronic pain it's good for inflammation of the joints that narcotic meds just cover up. Take them for breakthrough pain prn with food. They can be hard on your tummy like Tylenol type meds. I've lived with severe pain since 1989. In 2003 I was crushed between my back bumper of my car after running outta gas and the front grill of a Blazer SUV. My left leg was degloved. After a long hospital stay and many surgeries they saved my leg by reconstruction. I finally found a pain management Dr after jumping thru lots of hoops. I always fear loosing my meds before. I get where I no longer needs. them one day ( I hope). Good luck to those that aren't so fortunate as to find a compassionate Dr."

katz_trippin (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2013

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I started taking this medicine about 6 months ago. I was recently hospitalized for blood in my stools. It was found out that Naproxen was the cause. I will have to find another medicine to help with my rheumatoid arthritis. I was not aware of the side effects. I believe that this information should be more and more publicized. "

owlcollector (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2013

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen): "I started taking Aleve for my Arthritis in my hand and the pain was gone but after taking it for about 8 days I noticed swelling in my feet, which was abnormal for me. I am 34 and in good health and have never had swollen feet. I then noticed the next day my feet and hands were swollen. I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized I was allergic to the Aleve. I stopped taking it and haven't had swelling since."

Anonymous November 22, 2011

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen): "I just starting to take Aleve, I take one every morning. So far no bad side effects. It sure has improve my joint pain and stiffness."

bigtruckerbm February 20, 2010

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen): "Killed my stomach. Never had problems before taking this and I took Aleve with food."

Anonymous January 10, 2010

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I have not had any side effects that I know of and I have been on this for about 2 years. It help's keep the pain away for a while and when it is bad it takes the sharp edge off the pain but I also use a hot water bottle for ease and comfort when it is bad."

Anonymous December 8, 2009

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Naprosyn (naproxen): "I've had RA for 4 years. 500mg naproxen tablets were my first treatment. They definitely helped the day get better and be able to function daily. However, they did not stop the morning stiffness and pain or the build up of inflamation in my body. I definitely needed a more serious drug to stop the progression of the disease."

Anonymous November 3, 2009

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"This is like a miracle drug. I couldn't even get out of bed without pain. Now I am pain free. Awesome"

Anonymous October 17, 2009

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Aleve (naproxen): "I have been using Aleve for about 6 months. This medicine helps relieve all my aches and pains. I'm 68 and working in food industry. Although I experience severe body and joint pains on a daily basis I take one Aleve on the days I work and can put in 4 to 6 hours pain free. I have not suffered any side effects so far. So far none of the other medicines I have tried have been as effective as Aleve."

jadou August 29, 2009

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"These pills are helping me with arthritis. I have arthritis all over the place. From my upper back all the way to my legs."

Cherokee Princess December 13, 2008

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Works well on inflammation, however I get a shortness of breath when I go for a run (this might not be related)."

Anonymous December 2, 2008

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I recently had my meniscus removed from my knee and am now dealing with arthritis in the knee which is hampering my recovery. I started on naproxen and didn't realize how helpful it's been until I switched to a cream version. Within a day I was in constant pain and could not exercise at all. I went back on the pill form and was back walking nearly normal before the 2nd dose."

Anonymous September 19, 2008