User Reviews for Naproxen to treat Muscle Pain

Also known as: Aleve, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Naprelan, Flanax Pain Reliever, EC-Naprosyn, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, Pamprin All Day Relief, Aflaxen, Midol Extended Relief, All Day Pain Relief All Day Relief

Naproxen has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 28 ratings for the treatment of Muscle Pain. 46% of those users who reviewed Naproxen reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Naproxen Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Pain.

Reviews for Naproxen

Lil · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2020

Aleve (naproxen): “I was using regular Aleve, for muscle, knee & back pain, it was not helping, I tried the aleve for muscle and back pain, a year ago, this is the only thing that has helped, I have used it one pill per day, ever since, I have not even worn the knee bandage since, this is for me”

Terry · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2020

“After stopping this medication naproxen I began experiencing muscle and joint pain. At times I could hardly move without terrible pain. Especially the top of my shoulders muscles and my upper arms. The back of my upper legs are so stiff it takes a moment to get up and start moving. My hands and fingers become so stiff to the point of little use of them. I explained this to my doctor and her response was to give me another medication. This time for arthritis. Pill pusher never mind my symptoms.”

Bubbles · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2019

“I have arthritis. I have been taking naproxen for a few months two 500mg tablets a day. But have had terrible muscle pain in the calf’s at the back of both legs , and could hardly walk so stopped then , and it seems to be better”

JibloNoir January 20, 2016

“I have a torn shoulder tendon (rotator cuff injury) which has been causing me agonising pain 24/7 for 6 months. Ibuprofen wasn't working so I was given Naproxen. It takes quite a while to get to work (up to an hour to kick in) but once it works the relief is amazing. Only thing is, once it wears off (about 4-6 hours), the pain returns big time, and you're not supposed to use more than 2 tablets a day. Also, it made me ravenously hungry at the start (not so much now) so I've added a couple of Kg in weight. When it doesn't work well I take some Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) as well. Doesn't do anything for my headaches though and may even cause them.”

Craig.UK September 25, 2008

“This is at present a God-send. I tore my shoulder muscles at work, nothing removed that "sickening" inside pain, you know the one where it makes you irritable with loved ones. This has dulled the pain after an hour. I'm actually smiling and can concentrate again. Hope this helps more out there.”

Anonymous May 12, 2008

“I used Naproxen when I tore a tendon in my knee and the swelling would not go down. Naproxen works. It takes some time but you have to be on a regular dose and once you stop taking it, it goes back to the way it was before (at least in my case it did).”

Karlitos · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2018

“Pharmacist offered this for joint/muscle pain, related to unknown condition (possibly beginning of rheumatoid or reactive arthritis). After I took 220mg, it made me calm, painless, but I also felt kind of isolated, and deeply depressed. An irrational feeling of untouchable, undefinable empty sadness. I felt very bad, could not stop the whole experience. I was happy it was the end of the day and so I went to bed. The painkiller effect and anti inflammatory effect was however very effective. It erased all my pain in my muscles. But be careful, if you are sensitive. I did not have suicidal thoughts, but I was close to it! I felt if I would watch a very sad documentary about all the bad things humans did.”

flashburn97 June 27, 2008

“I use this for lower back and hip pain. It works very well on the sciatic pain I get from injury to my back and hip. the only other drug that helps is at least 800mg of motrin. Naproxen works for about 7 hours while motrin only lasts 3-4 hours. I think these basically relieve swelling pressure on the nerve column.”

Anonymous June 20, 2011

Anaprox (naproxen): “I am a 47 year old female with a knee injury. The doctor gave me Anaprox 550 mg twice a day and I was not able to take it. I started taking it and on the third day, I started getting sick to my stomach, lost appetite and was dizzy. I cut down to 275mg twice a day and I still felt quizzy. This is too strong for me.”

AlanUK February 26, 2017

“Previous had this prescribed to me for Back Pain several year ago. 500mg twice a day and it certainly used to take the edge off the pain. Of course it won't eradicate the pain, it's only a mild NSAID not an opioid. Recently been using 500mg per day for a week for calf strain from running injury. Really helped in the first 48hrs. It seem there's a few comments on here regarding allergic reactions. Allergies to aspirin and other NSAID are common. If you are not allergic, then I recommend Naproxin as a starting point.”

Simonize August 8, 2015

“I pulled a muscle in my back on a Saturday. The pain was intense. Sleepless nights because of the pain. I started taking paracetamol and ibuprofen which did help during the day time. But once you have a sleep waking up was painful. Saw a doctor today. Now Friday. They told me to get naproxen 500mg. Take 1 twice a day. Took one as soon as I got home. Seem to work. Put still had the pain. Slightly. Took 1 before bed time. Only to awake in pain. I will continue using them as described by my GP but now using paracetamol to. Anti-inflammatory maybe but not a pain killer.”

Nat · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2018

“Got given it after I popped my knee out of place. Doctor didn't know what was wrong but causing me so many problems after. I'm aching and hurting all over. My hands hurt, yesterday I couldn't even move my wrist, my feet and ankles hurt, depressed etc. I stopped taking it, feel less sad but I'm still aching.”

Daveymo · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2016

“Had tennis elbow started taking napoxen the pain started to gradually decrease after a couple of days ,i also felt very tierd and not much energy falling asleep in the day .I stoped taking then ,i really drained me .”

Maryammm_48 August 31, 2015

“Took this for a pain I have in my wrist. Don't have arthiritis. I'm 15. It's supposed to stop the swelling and pain on the palm of my hand but it's done nothing except give me all the possible side effects. It's affecting my daily routines so yeah. Not good at all really. It's a 0/10”

UFO Bass May 3, 2014

“375 mg, three times a day was prescribed for my severe muscle pull near the left hip. Took the first pill at dinner time Thursday. Pain subsided a bit, but the medicine apparently wears off after 8 hours, because pain woke me up at 4:15 am Friday. Took pills at 4:30 am, 12 noon and again 8 pm. Would estimate the pain was 1/3 less during the day. Sleep was again interrupted by hip pain: there was no positioning of the knees or legs that lessened the pain. Today, Saturday, I took a pill at 7 am and will continue to dose every 8 hours. Tomorrow I have to perform a concert while standing, so I'm counting on these to pull me through. Eager to get off these pills because of their scary effect on blood pressure.”

Rossdog March 13, 2015

“I was introduced to naproxen sodium a couple years ago and it worked great for muscle pain. However, recently I took some for neck pain and instantly went into severe anafelactic shock. While on the highway, luckily my fianc”

SLUP September 3, 2014

Naprelan (naproxen): “I have MS and have been taking Naprelan CR 750 mg every morning for approx. 2 years, I take every morning and within minutes I can move. My Co-pay used to be $45, we changed health insurance and now it's $250 I don't know what I am going to do now. I cannot afford this.”

john0 March 13, 2009

Aleve (naproxen): “It works great but gave me severe stomach cramps, pain, and general gastrointestinal distress.”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2019

“I have taken naproxen today for neck pain, it is really effective took away pain so I can focus.”

Cos P May 27, 2015

Naprosyn (naproxen): “Works well in the long term, not for immediate pain relief.”

Pulled Rib · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

“Pulled an intercostal working out. 1 week on naproxen 500 mg twice a day and I was back to going to the gym lightly on the second week while still taking it. Fully recovered after 3 weeks.”

Debsl October 11, 2014

Anaprox-DS (naproxen): “Helps inflamation but with excessive weight gain 10lb 1 mth.”

mj0247 February 9, 2011

“I have been taking Naproxen for a long time. I just found out from my Cardiologist that it is causing my high blood pressure. It can damage the kidney and liver. ”

latinosrgood · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 22, 2014

Anaprox (naproxen): “I was prescribed 500mg 4 times a day..I feel no pain and able to work”

Achy jake February 4, 2015

Naprelan (naproxen): “Works better after taking it a couple of days”

Julianassange · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2016

“Severe jumpy left leg Itching left leg”

haria September 9, 2013

“Had hip strain due to car accident. Was in severe pain for one whole day. Took one tablet of naproxen 20mg that night. Don't know where the pain went next morning! Have not taken another pill”

homerboy1 February 29, 2016

“injured my trap muscle and was in considerable pain....tried flexeril, diclofenac, motrin, heat cold, etc,,,,,the only thin that helped was aleve.....thankfully”