User Reviews for Indomethacin

Pain 6.2
Summary of Indomethacin reviews 7.8 181 reviews

Reviews for Indomethacin

Shannon February 22, 2020

For Cluster Headaches: “After trying several OTC meds for several days, my doctor called this in and within 3 hours my debilitating headache was gone. I woke up with a headache in the morning and took another pill and the headache was gone within 30 minutes. Works wonders!!!”

Sbhs · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2020

For Sciatica: “Indocin is the best drug for sciatica in my case (l5 s1 disc herniation). I tried many NSAIDs none worked except indocin”

Anonymous February 1, 2020

For Gout, Acute: “62 yo male with gout in ankle. I stopped allopurinol then it came back third day. Now on indomethacin ,very slow to get swelling down, asked for predisolone but dr said no and only gave me indomethacin, well I am going back.”

Frodo_2019 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 7, 2020

For Gout, Acute: “Just recently. changed my dosage. During severe gout attack I take 100mg of Indomethacin, 50 mg spaced at 1 hour with bowl of solid food like rice or noodles or fruits like pears, papaya and nectarines. The pain immediately ceases after 30 minutes of the second 50 mg. Lightheadedness sets in with 1 of the second 50mg. This 2-50mg is done once in a day ONLY during severe gout attack. Also,I take 81 mg of aspirin within 3 hours of the second 50 mg. I am 60 years old. I take smoothied arugula with kale and fruit juice and apple cider at least once a week.”

JW Dant · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2020

For Back Pain: “Amazing little drug. I had back surgery two years ago and my pain was worse than before the surgery. I received epidural injections also without much success. After tearing ACL in my knee, the doctor prescribed this until I could get the surgery to repair it. This medication gave me relief for both problems like I have not had for years. I only take one pill at bedtime”

Will · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “I was prescribed indomethacin for an acute gout attack. I've had five previous gout attacks in the past decade. Gout hit my left big toe Monday evening. The following day I went to the clinic and was prescribed Indomethacin 50 MG three times a day. No relief on Tuesday. Woke up on Wednesday and if was worse. No relief from Indomethacin. Thursday, no relief. I went back to the clinic on Thursday afternoon and they prescribed me Prednisone 20 MG three times a day. I began to feel relief within 3 hours. Within 6 hours I could walk, though my foot was still arthritic. Friday morning my foot was at 90%. Friday at 3 PM completely healed. Very bad results with Indomethacin that left me in unnecessary pain for days.”

I'm cured of gout · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “After taking this drug indomethacin for 3 months, the gout kept returning. Each time I took the drug I was dizzy, lethargic and dopy on the drug! I have a physical every year and this medicine took my SGOT (liver) enzyme levels from 23 to over 112<< danger level! It also raised my SGPT enzyme levels from 34 to over 98 in three weeks! NOT GOOD! I now take Dandelion Root 1575 MG per dose Your GOUT WILL DISAPPEAR! I can eat meat or drink beers without issues of the gout coming back!”

Gman December 1, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “Indomethacin works great for pain once you have a flare up my doctor put me on allopurinol to maintain the uric acid levels... If I have Panda Express shrimp I have an immediate gout attack so no more panda and if I have ham for some reason ham gets me going to so allopurinol on a daily basis with indomethacin when you have flare-ups is the key factor best wishes to all gout infected people, that really sucks.”

Glo · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

For Pain: “I am a 58 year old woman. My neurologist wanted to determine if the trigeminal pain I had been diagnosed with and suffered with for over six years was instead a type of trigeminal headache. He put me on indomethacin 50 mg 3x’s per day. By the first dose of indomethacin I was very dizzy and nauseous I had stomach pain and extreme fatigue. I took my afternoon second dose I had all of the above symptoms but began vomiting I could no longer sit in the recliner but listed to the side with a pillow to halfway and half sit. I had difficulty concentrating and faded in and out between dozing and wakefulness. By the third dose I was having dry heaves and the above symptoms worse. I felt like what it must be like to be slipped a Mickey in an alcoholic drink, even though I don’t drink I could imagine thats what it would be like. I stumbled to my bed where I passed out. I do not plan on ever taking another dose of this medication.”

Jeep · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

For Cluster Headaches: “Just started taking this medicine Indomethacin. Not yet fully pain free but anticipate relief from these cluster migraines.”

Howard · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 13, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “Medicine highly effective but you must make life style changes - no soda pop, beer, cigarettes ,meat, bread. I must watch my consumption of preserved foods, canned foods, sugar and salt as well as some smoked meats and vegetables. Gout is teaching me to be responsible with my health. Indomethcin is a miracle drug for gout suffers.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2019

For Cluster Headaches: “I was given this indomethacin medication by my PCP for ice pick headaches and was to take it three times daily for 10 days and this is the only effective treatment. The good news is within 1 day of meds my headaches were gone. The bad news is I can not tolerate the side effects. Total dizziness, anxious feeling and heart racing within an hour of taking it. We are going to try to take it less often to see if side effects decrease. ”

June · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “Just started taking indomethacin 50 mg this past wk for gout in big toe. Although it helps it does make me extremely drowsy. Can only take at night.”

Di · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “I had severe pain in my right heel/ankle area, which was diagnosed as gout, so was given indomethacin. The intense pain has died down but I'm still finding it painful to walk after 3 lots of this medication, so I'm not impressed. Am about to make another GP appointment to ask for something stronger, if there is anything.”

krouse67 · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

For Pain: “I was prescribed this for gout pain. From the first day taking it I had severe fatigue and flu like symptoms. It did help with pain, but for me not worth the trade off.”

sonny · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “I had my first gout attack which was horrible. And didn't know it was gout until I saw my doctor. He gave me indomethacin and it cleared up in a few days. This medicine is great. I figured out my self that shell seafood gave me gout. I had to think about what I ate and drank that was unusual and figured it was shrimp. I can eat fish but no shelled seafood. So remember what you consumed differently and you will solve your gout problem. Five years later I had only one shrimp from my wife's dish and had a gout attack. After 3 capsules it was gone. Sonny”

tractormack July 7, 2019

For Back Pain: “Would take indomethacin when I would get a gout attack and within hours, I would get instant relief. I only took 1-2 pills 50mg and then quit. So I've been experiencing lower back pain for at least 6-8 months. I have been to chiropractor numerous times with some relief. but muscle tension is still present after alignments. Yesterday started taking indomethacin and one day later for the first time, I feel the muscles relax in my back. Feels great to walk stand without the tension and stiffness that I was experiencing. This med works wonders!!”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2019

Indocin (indomethacin) for Cluster Headaches: “I have cluster headaches and hemicrania continuum which is diagnosed by taking indomethacin. I also have fibromyalgia which means I have really bad reactions to every medication I take and I have to take this twice a day every day. I take the lowest dose possible (25mg twice daily) even though it doesn’t give me 100% relief it gives me about 95% and I know there’s bad side effects but as long as I eat a full meal before I take it I have not experienced anything other than my face having a little rash, but I don’t have any of the other problems. As soon as I quit taking it it just comes back so to me this is a lifesaver that is worth the slight rash!”

Anonymous June 4, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “I had gout in my left Ankle and foot. First two days I couldn't even stand on foot and was walking with crutches. After 2 days on indomethacin the pain was less, but able to walk without crutches. After 3 days, still get pain after 7 hours and need to take another pill. Each day a little better, but definitely take with food or your stomach gets torn up. I also experiences some headaches the first couple days, but they seem to have subsided.”

Link · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “I’m 59 and have had gout for about 10 years now. I’m having a flare up right now and this is probably the worst ever. I’ve been using natural remedies but it’s gone beyond those having any effect now. (Goutrin, ACV, cherry and turmeric). Had a course of prednisone 3 weeks ago and it worked amazing. Thought it was over and gone but the flare up is back. I would have liked another course of prednisone but the side effects are tremendously bad for the body. Using indomethacin now. Starting day 3. First 2 days saw no relief at all. Actually the pain got far worse. This morning (3rd day) I’m getting some relief. Pain mostly gone but inflammation still there. Hope to have continued improvement as this pain is absolutely insane. I guess I need to look at my diet and increase my water intake”

Harryp · Taken for 10 years or more February 23, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “I get gout flareups in my big toe joints a few times each year. They key for me is to have indo on hand and take 50 mg with food right away at first sign of pain, then 25 mg 3 times per day after that. Indo knocks the swelling, redness, and pain right down after a couple days at most. However, if I don't have any readily available and have to wait for my Dr. to call in a script, then wait for the pharm to fill it, etc, it will take several additional days for the indo to knock it out. I get 270 pills when I refill so I always have some.”

GetSwift February 12, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I'm taking a total of 150mg/day for moderate-severe OA. This medication has been a blessing. It takes about 2 hours to reach its peak pain relief, and lasts about 7-9 hours. Prior to taking indomethacin, my quality of life was kind of in the gutter...the things I enjoy doing hurt too much to do. This is when I felt the potential risks of indomethacin (notably, rare-but-serious GI and cardiovascular risks) were justified by the potential benefits. With the amount of pain relief this provided me, I feel good about this decision as I can now live my life on my own terms, for the most part. I have experienced side effects - insomnia and occasional dizziness. The severity of both has decreased with time. Taking the medication with a moderately-sized meal reduces this. I also take this with a few ounces of purified aloe vera juice (there is some, although not conclusive, evidence to suggest that this may provide a protective effect against the tendency of NSAIDs to cause GI inflammation.)”

ScottyBoy · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 10, 2019

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “This is the NSAID of choice for Ankylosing Spondylitis. The mechanism of action is suited to how AS affects our body. When I take Indomethacin, my pain and inflammation goes away 100%. This is the only drug you need for AS in my opinion. Most doctors suggest continuous use over on-demand use in order to stop the disease progressing but I believe this NSAID is particularly strong and should not be used for more than 10 days at a time to avoid any side-effects. In order to limit use, it is hypothesised that AS is caused by a bacteria called klebsiella pneumoniae, and this feeds off of undigested starch. Find this article on the internet "The Link between Ankylosing Spondylitis, Crohn's Disease, Klebsiella, and Starch Consumption"nTherefore, a starch free diet should provide relief if followed religiously. Some times I will have cheat days so always keep Indomethacin in the cupboard for those days. So to summarise, a great medication for AS, and the only one you will need to take occasionally if following a starch free diet.”

Joel · Taken for 10 years or more January 9, 2019

For Gout, Acute: “Wonderful, magic drug. Makes pain and swelling go away within hours. Big change from old drugs.”

Yardman · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 16, 2018

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I took Indomethacin for my AS for years. Nobody told me this drug was toxic to the kidneys. At my regular clinics, blood tests indicated declining kidney function. My doctors did what they could but my kidneys had been destroyed. I have since had a kidney transplant. This failed after 7 months so I am waiting for another transplant now. If you are taking this drug regularly I would suggest you have regular blood tests to check your kidney function.”