User Reviews for Tylenol to treat Pain

Tylenol has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Tylenol Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 1438 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol

wclaybo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 16, 2019

“In the early nineties I was taking Tylenol for severe headaches. We had first responders in our workplace that pushed me to larger strengths and doses. "You're a big guy, you need it, you can take it." Don't listen. Never go over the recommended dose for your weight, It will permanently damage your liver. My liver transplant was Dec. 19, 1996.”

taper-nightmare · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

“It’s one of the most worthless medicines I know of. I have tried Tylenol on numerous occasions throughout my life for migraines, back pain, menstrual cramps, post surgical pain, arthritis pain because some doctor or friend has recommended it. Each time it did absolutely nothing for me. Aspirin is a better pain reliever. Now with severe chronic pain, my Doctor wants me to try it again. No thank you. I give it 1 star because I never suffered any side effects from it.”

B. · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

“I had a sudden experience of lower back pain, to the point where it hurt to breathe, and I wasn't able to sit because it meant bending my back. I took 2 pills of the extra strength. After about 15-20 minutes I could breathe without crying, it was still extremely painful to sit, but after another 15 minutes or so 90% of the pain was completely gone. So thankful for Tylenol extra strength!”

Anonymous January 26, 2011

“Only over the counter pain med I can take with Crohn's disease. All other pain killers have some degree of aspirin in them. For those with stomach diseases acetaminophen (Tylenol) is the only thing we can take.”

Shell · Taken for 10 years or more April 11, 2018

“I have gotten migraines from childhood. I also am very active and sometimes suffer neck and shoulder pain resulting in yet another headache. I have used tylenol for my entire adult life and I cannot even think of what life would've been without it. I have always gotten high fevers with no other symptoms when others get sick. Tylenol has helped me thru all of it. From migraines, to horrible monthly cramps. Crazy when I think about it...It allowed me to function normally through some of the worst moments of life. I am, thankfully, a perfectly healthy 51 yr old and 2 hrs ago I woke with a sickening headache from 3 days of hard yard work. All gone now. Got to thinking...I should say..."Thank you Tylenol."”

Keddey October 13, 2009

“I was prescribed 1 gram (2 extra strength) by mouth every 4-6 hours for a severe tooth problem, cracked tooth in half, until I see my dentist on Friday. (It's Tuesday.) Does absolutely nothing for the pain. ”

Bj5551 May 22, 2021

“The 2021 commercial is very sincere and touching. I use tylenol and it works well for me. After see the commercial I feel like the company is in business for more reasons than just the revenue. It has worked well for me through a variety of medical issues and I will continue to use this product. Thanks”