User Reviews for Tylenol to treat Pain

Tylenol Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1454 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol

wclaybo · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 16, 2019

“In the early nineties I was taking Tylenol for severe headaches. We had first responders in our workplace that pushed me to larger strengths and doses. "You're a big guy, you need it, you can take it." Don't listen. Never go over the recommended dose for your weight, It will permanently damage your liver. My liver transplant was Dec. 19, 1996.”

taper-nightmare · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

“It’s one of the most worthless medicines I know of. I have tried Tylenol on numerous occasions throughout my life for migraines, back pain, menstrual cramps, post surgical pain, arthritis pain because some doctor or friend has recommended it. Each time it did absolutely nothing for me. Aspirin is a better pain reliever. Now with severe chronic pain, my Doctor wants me to try it again. No thank you. I give it 1 star because I never suffered any side effects from it.”

B. · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

“I had a sudden experience of lower back pain, to the point where it hurt to breathe, and I wasn't able to sit because it meant bending my back. I took 2 pills of the extra strength. After about 15-20 minutes I could breathe without crying, it was still extremely painful to sit, but after another 15 minutes or so 90% of the pain was completely gone. So thankful for Tylenol extra strength!”

Shell · Taken for 10 years or more April 11, 2018

“I have gotten migraines from childhood. I also am very active and sometimes suffer neck and shoulder pain resulting in yet another headache. I have used tylenol for my entire adult life and I cannot even think of what life would've been without it. I have always gotten high fevers with no other symptoms when others get sick. Tylenol has helped me thru all of it. From migraines, to horrible monthly cramps. Crazy when I think about it...It allowed me to function normally through some of the worst moments of life. I am, thankfully, a perfectly healthy 51 yr old and 2 hrs ago I woke with a sickening headache from 3 days of hard yard work. All gone now. Got to thinking...I should say..."Thank you Tylenol."”

be2 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 15, 2015

“For migraines tylenol works better than ibuprofen for me”

Dyl bruh · Taken for 10 years or more March 15, 2015

“I would take two 500mg pills once a day. I used it for occasional tooth aches because of my braces. It helped alot. Alot better than ibuprofen or naproxen actually.”

capt.tom October 25, 2013

“MUCH less effective than aspirin or other NSAIDS, does nothing for me for headaches or arthritis.”

Anonymous September 22, 2011

“It works decently, but it's not strong enough for my back pain.”

Anonymous January 26, 2011

“Only over the counter pain med I can take with Crohn's disease. All other pain killers have some degree of aspirin in them. For those with stomach diseases acetaminophen (Tylenol) is the only thing we can take.”

poorbear March 16, 2010

“Its a good painkiller.”

la23409 October 13, 2009

“Best pain killer ever known.”

Keddey October 13, 2009

“I was prescribed 1 gram (2 extra strength) by mouth every 4-6 hours for a severe tooth problem, cracked tooth in half, until I see my dentist on Friday. (It's Tuesday.) Does absolutely nothing for the pain. ”