User Reviews for Voltaren

Voltaren has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 155 ratings on Drugs.com. 71% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Pain
Period Pain
Summary of Voltaren reviews 7.5 155 reviews

Reviews for Voltaren

Mbz · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2020

For Back Pain: “I’ve had a herniated disc (L1-L2) that has not healed in 8 months, I’ve tried chiropractic, two epidural steroid shots and physical therapy. Now that I’m taking Voltaren daily I have much less pain and inflammation, more range of motion and get so much more out of my physical therapy sessions. I finally feel like I am getting my life back.”

Charles · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

For Sciatica: “I’ve been struggling with sciatica for almost a decade. Voltaren is fine but I think I've found even a better one. It's called Acuraflex. I've just ordered it so it will come in a few days. I've seen that it has some good ingredients so I think it will be maybe even better than voltaren. Has anyone tried it yet? cheers”

TweetieMarie · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been on every NSAID there is, both prescription and non-prescription. Finally a doctor suggested I try Voltaren. I've been on it about 8 years now, and it has helped me keep my narcotic usage to a minimum. It helps the severe osteoarthritis pain in my joints along with the muscle pain I have.”

Marky May 9, 2019

For Back Pain: “My back was in pain and I was bent over and couldn't stand up straight, the pain was bad and I have taken strong pain meds for years. I started taking Voltaren 75mg. The next day I was 75% better. The following day my back pain I was 100% better, so I am very pleased that the voltaren tablets worked.”

Rob · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “Suffering knee pain diagnosed as mild osteoarthritis. Tried many different oils and creams and then paid for a tube of Voltanen emulgel. Garbage, this company should be charged with fraud, may as well rubbed with nothing. Please don't waste your money on this rubbish.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2013

For Sciatica: “I have 4 lumbar disc's bulging how ever the l5sl is impinging on my nerve root, complete pain couldn't stand couldn't walk couldn't sit etc. I was in missesry. finally they put me on something other than ibprofen and it was Volteran genric! It took about 1 week to kick in and work but I honestly can say I take this in the am along with my muscle relaxer and gabepentin and I am pain free and gained back 6 hours of my life! IT only works for me so far for 6 hours and by the time I can take next dosages I am back in the worse pain ever, hopefully everyday I can gain a little bit more than 6 hours of my life back!!!!!!!!”

World weary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2015

For Pain: “Voltaren Gel has given me back the ability to walk without pain. I have had heel Spurs and plantar fasciitis and bursitis in my heel for about 20 years. I began using Voltaren Gel about 10 months ago and am so thankful that I have not had any significant pain for the past six months. I also try to wear only shoes that have very high arches. With the Voltaren Gel, I massage it all around my foot and over the top and bottom as per the directions. Great stuff!!!”

Jomi5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2021

For Back Pain: “I have arthritis in lower back. Physical therapy helped my pain, but not completely. The addition of Voltaren use has brought me tremendous additional back pain relief. My pain level is the lowest it’s been in 20 years. I am so thankful that this product exists!!!”

anonymous January 25, 2019

For Sciatica: “If you apply the ointment/gel cover it up with a piece Saranwrap - no need to wait for it to dry and it can incubate that way without anybody noticing. Try to do this when you feel the first signs of sciatica...that'll do the trick.”

AmyB67 · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: “I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, and arthritis in my back, and shoulders. My doctor prescribed Voltaren because I built up a resistance to ibuprofen and Aleve. I've been in pain for so long I forgot what it was like to be pain free. A little nervous over the long term side effects, so hoping I can get the weight off so I can be medication free. Just thankful to be able to move and do things I love without pain.”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2021

For Pain: “I hurt every morning where I can't move easily and I have tried so many things but nothing worked. Then I read about voltaren & thought well it can't hurt to try it. I'm so happy I tried it as it start to work fast & you're not any pain at all though out the day. It really truly works fast & it lasts, so if you are in pain don't look any further buy this. I'm telling you u will be pain free so don't waste your money on other stuff that doesn't work. Buy this & u will be as happy as I am.”

Anonymous January 23, 2009

For Osteoarthritis: “I've been on this now for 5 months and it is by far the best pain medicine out there. No high feeling or anything like that. If your doctor has you on Celebrex and you don't feel any relief, ask him for Voltaren. You will most certainly feel the difference. If you are on it for any length of time (like me) then every so often you'll have to have blood work done to check your kidneys and liver to make sure they are functioning right as this medicine can cause problems with that. For me everything is good to go so far. I swear by Voltaren.”

Mary W. RN April 25, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: “I started taking Voltaren back in October for osteoarthritis of my knees, right hip & left hand. I also have bursitis & piriformis syndrome in my right hip as well as achilles tendonitis in the right foot. I take 75mg 2 times a day. My knees are so bad that I had to have Synvisc-One injections as well. Combined I have been able to work my 12 hr shifts as an RN. I still have pain that's about a 6-7 after working three 12's in a row, but would not be able to work at all without the Voltaren. I am looking to have my knees replaced in the near future. The only side effect I have had is stomach upset if I do not take it with food and some mild constipation. I would recommend this medicine to anyone. ”

GGML October 12, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: “I have osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees and feet, and some days the pain was so bad I didn't want to move. The first day I took Voltaren I felt full pain relief, It's a wonderful pain medication. I like that its not a narcotic. Thank you Voltaren I have my life back.”

Success!! March 30, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: “38yo female, suffered severe neck pain for about 5 years with no success in any type of treatment (massage, spinal reflex, nerve pain specialists etc.). I have spent a small fortune on my neck pain. I have finally self-diagnosed as osteoarthritis after feeling sand-like grit in my neck and a few internet searches. Thought I would try voltaren and magic. Only need to take 50mg once per day and no neck pain. Highly recommend.”

Sammers49 · Taken for 10 years or more February 28, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: “I have tried a dozen different medications but none as effective as this. I tried Celebrex last year and was in so much pain after three days I went back to my Voltaren. I take 100mg twice a day that helps me work and function normally.”

chelleinva November 2, 2008

For Muscle Pain: “I have a heel spur and was given Voltaren for inflammation to possibly control plantar fascitis. This along with a 10 day use of AFO brace on my foot just may help prevent surgery. I believe Voltaren definitely is doing the job in reducing inflammation and controlling the pain.”

Damien712 June 11, 2020

For Frozen Shoulder: “Doctor recommended surgery but I had some Voltaren gel that I used for my knee. Worked well for the knee so I used it on my left shoulder. After a couple of days applying it 3 times daily it started working. I have been using it since and it really helps. I haven't had any stomach ache problems like oral NSAID's.”

Anonymous December 17, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: “MD recommended that I take this medication for 4 weeks, 75 mg twice a day. He warned me that most people stop taking the medication after two weeks because they feel much better. I have been taking the medication for 3 days and this is the best that I have felt in six months. I will defintely follow his instructions and continue for 4 weeks in hopes of feeling even better. No more pain in the hip, no more pain when rising, no more sharp pain when walking, or leg tenderness when trying to sleep. I was recently diagnoised with osteoarthritis.”

Anonymous April 14, 2014

For Pain: “After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return.”

Anonymous March 28, 2009

For Back Pain: “I was prescribed this medicine for lower back pain from an accident. It kicks in quick and lasts all day. When I take it the pain completely goes away. It does make you sleepy, but it's worth it. I did not experience any stomach issues.”

Trebs79 June 30, 2015

For Pain: “I have spondylolystesis and I have tried every type of medicine you could possibly think of. My doctor has put me on anti depressants, muscle relaxers, Norco, just about anything. I was constantly in pain. My back hurt all the time. I couldn't even do simple things like sweep the floor or do laundry. I went and seen my orthopedic surgeon and she put me on Voltaren 75mg and I feel like a new person. I have not had any back pain whatsoever. I highly recommend this medicine. I can actually do everything now with absolutely no back pain. Thank God.”

Tatelka · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2015

For Muscle Pain: “Wonderful anti inflammatory. It never failed to depiver, cream and pills, After 3 months of muscle pain, huge inflammation in.all my back, hamstring, quad, the pain and swelling reduces after after 5days,, and left me in 10days...nice ^^”

Big C · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I tried Voltaren because it was new and different and nothing else on the market helped with my knee pain. I followed the directions and found that it doesn't work either. Definitely not worth the price I paid. I'm hoping that some day I will be able to find a product that actually does what it claims.”

Disappointed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 21, 2019

For Back Pain: “My Voltaren is destined for the trashcan. I used the product several times for moderate back pain over a one year period. Did absolutely nothing for me. It's a pricey product, not covered by my insurance, and proved ineffective. I switched back to the cheaper products on the market which are much more effective.”