User Reviews for Voltaren to treat Osteoarthritis

Voltaren Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Voltaren

Big C · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

“I tried Voltaren because it was new and different and nothing else on the market helped with my knee pain. I followed the directions and found that it doesn't work either. Definitely not worth the price I paid. I'm hoping that some day I will be able to find a product that actually does what it claims.”

Cootje · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

“Voltaren didn’t do anything for my knee problems. Worthless.”

Ray · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2019

“I currently have osteoarthritis in my left knee. I had arthroscopic surgery in January of this year. I think the surgery has not helped my problem. I use Voltaren gel on my knee three times each day. I am very pleased with the result and have had less pain since using this treatment.”

Shelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2019

“Not effective for arthritis in my hands. I felt no difference whatsoever. Very expensive and not effective.”

Toppo · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2019

“I have been struggling for a couple of years with pain in my right knee. Problems sleeping and now walk with a limp. Bought Voltarol after seeing numerous glowing adverts on tv. Very expensive and an absolute waste of money. This cream made no difference at all. Rubbish.”

Saar 1234 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2018

“Might as well take a sugar pill”

Chance7 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

“Been in pain for 9 months. $800 knee brace. Helped but not enough. Took a fall on the ice and a trip to Ortho Walk in. Gave me Voltaren to take. No pain in less than an hour. Not thrilled with possible side effect, but pain free. I will take the chance.”

Anonymous October 7, 2017

“Doesn't help at all. Lots of money for no easing of pain.”

Ka12 April 26, 2017

“Stomach upset and pain outweigh benefits of voltaren. They need to make a stomach friendly version this one is too harsh”

Success!! March 30, 2016

“38yo female, suffered severe neck pain for about 5 years with no success in any type of treatment (massage, spinal reflex, nerve pain specialists etc.). I have spent a small fortune on my neck pain. I have finally self-diagnosed as osteoarthritis after feeling sand-like grit in my neck and a few internet searches. Thought I would try voltaren and magic. Only need to take 50mg once per day and no neck pain. Highly recommend.”

AmyB67 · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2015

“I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, and arthritis in my back, and shoulders. My doctor prescribed Voltaren because I built up a resistance to ibuprofen and Aleve. I've been in pain for so long I forgot what it was like to be pain free. A little nervous over the long term side effects, so hoping I can get the weight off so I can be medication free. Just thankful to be able to move and do things I love without pain.”

piedmount November 2, 2013

“1 pill twice a day. Voltaren effective until it caused server swelling of my entire legs and hands. The increased edema put pressure on my bursa in both hips and on the nerves leaving my groin and going into my legs. All of this pressure caused electrical shocks in my thighs. I took a diurectic but it didn't remove the fluid from my thighs.”

TweetieMarie · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 9, 2013

“I have been on every NSAID there is, both prescription and non-prescription. Finally a doctor suggested I try Voltaren. I've been on it about 8 years now, and it has helped me keep my narcotic usage to a minimum. It helps the severe osteoarthritis pain in my joints along with the muscle pain I have.”

Yi May 30, 2013

“Just diagnosed with arthritis. I have osteoporosis now. Have only been using this for 3 days and it works wonderful. It eases my neck pain to wear I hardly feel any hurt. I'm weary of the side effects so don't know how long I will use this cream but I tell you what, if I hurt, this cream is the 1st thing I would go for!”

Sammers49 · Taken for 10 years or more February 28, 2013

“I have tried a dozen different medications but none as effective as this. I tried Celebrex last year and was in so much pain after three days I went back to my Voltaren. I take 100mg twice a day that helps me work and function normally.”

michael266 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2013

“Night pain from knee osteoarthritis - a burning on the medial side - sometimes bothers me at night, particularly if I have been active during the day. If I get up walk around for a few minutes sometimes the pain vanishes. Otherwise I apply Voltaren gel- about the size of a small grape over the sore place and the pain goes away pretty quickly. I occasionally apply Voltaren ahead of time if I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot. ”

Geol54 February 12, 2013

“I've taken Voltaren for over 25 years 3 times a day. For 5 days before each of 4 complete joint replacements, I had to quit taking it since it is a slight blood thinner. Each time I got very stiff with painful joints. I've tried most of the other arthritis NSAIDS and none work nearly as well. My Dr. runs a liver function test every 6 months.”

GGML October 12, 2012

“I have osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees and feet, and some days the pain was so bad I didn't want to move. The first day I took Voltaren I felt full pain relief, It's a wonderful pain medication. I like that its not a narcotic. Thank you Voltaren I have my life back.”

Mary W. RN April 25, 2012

“I started taking Voltaren back in October for osteoarthritis of my knees, right hip & left hand. I also have bursitis & piriformis syndrome in my right hip as well as achilles tendonitis in the right foot. I take 75mg 2 times a day. My knees are so bad that I had to have Synvisc-One injections as well. Combined I have been able to work my 12 hr shifts as an RN. I still have pain that's about a 6-7 after working three 12's in a row, but would not be able to work at all without the Voltaren. I am looking to have my knees replaced in the near future. The only side effect I have had is stomach upset if I do not take it with food and some mild constipation. I would recommend this medicine to anyone. ”

Anonymous December 17, 2011

“MD recommended that I take this medication for 4 weeks, 75 mg twice a day. He warned me that most people stop taking the medication after two weeks because they feel much better. I have been taking the medication for 3 days and this is the best that I have felt in six months. I will defintely follow his instructions and continue for 4 weeks in hopes of feeling even better. No more pain in the hip, no more pain when rising, no more sharp pain when walking, or leg tenderness when trying to sleep. I was recently diagnoised with osteoarthritis.”

Leroy2 August 11, 2011

“This medicine has been wonderful for me. I have bad arthritis in numerous joints. I just take one tablet with food in the morning (75mg/day) and it makes all the difference in the world. I have not experienced any side effects yet and have been taking this medicine for about 9 months.”

blazia January 9, 2011

“Have taken for 2 years and now I can't live without it. I can walk with just a small amount of pain, my knees are very happy. Please try this.”

Anonymous December 5, 2010

“I am 46, female, with osteoarthritis in one knee - had an arthroscopy last year that seemed to just make things worse. I have tried the Synvisc injections %u2013 no help. It was getting to the point where I was sitting most of the day to avoid the pain and stiffness. Even swimming was painful. I would have to take at least 800mg of Motrin to feel the tiniest bit of relief. Tried Oxycodone and Vicodin %u2013 nothing except sleepiness. Started taking Voltaren a few days ago %u2013 the generic diclofenac %u2013 50 mg 2x a day. Wow %u2013 I am so surprised how well this is working! I am moving around with little pain and only a small amount of stiffness now. No side effects so far. I am so grateful my doctor suggested this %u2013 I am happier now!”

FrankFjs June 18, 2010

“I have been taking Voltaren for the past 6 years in conjunction with omapromazin. I would not have been able to walk, sleep or enjoy life. It is only now after having two knee replacements that I no longer need to take any medication. I think Voltaren is a way to enjoy life again, without pain. But for me I am happy to have the new knee replacements.”

schud3l November 12, 2009

“Voltaren is a fabulous drug. I have osteoarthritis of the spine and hip and carpel tunnel syndrome. After taking Voltaren for 3 days, 50mg once a day, I am no longer limping and the inflammation in my hands has gone down. I am back to hiking, swimming and piano playing. What a relief.”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)