User Reviews for Voltaren to treat Back Pain

Voltaren has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings for the treatment of Back Pain. 80% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 5% reported a negative effect.

Voltaren Rating Summary

8.4/10 average rating

Compare all 165 medications used in the treatment of Back Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren

Jomi5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2021

“I have arthritis in lower back. Physical therapy helped my pain, but not completely. The addition of Voltaren use has brought me tremendous additional back pain relief. My pain level is the lowest it’s been in 20 years. I am so thankful that this product exists!!!”

Mbz · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2020

“I’ve had a herniated disc (L1-L2) that has not healed in 8 months, I’ve tried chiropractic, two epidural steroid shots and physical therapy. Now that I’m taking Voltaren daily I have much less pain and inflammation, more range of motion and get so much more out of my physical therapy sessions. I finally feel like I am getting my life back.”

Disappointed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 21, 2019

“My Voltaren is destined for the trashcan. I used the product several times for moderate back pain over a one year period. Did absolutely nothing for me. It's a pricey product, not covered by my insurance, and proved ineffective. I switched back to the cheaper products on the market which are much more effective.”

Marky May 9, 2019

“My back was in pain and I was bent over and couldn't stand up straight, the pain was bad and I have taken strong pain meds for years. I started taking Voltaren 75mg. The next day I was 75% better. The following day my back pain I was 100% better, so I am very pleased that the voltaren tablets worked.”

Anonymous March 28, 2009

“I was prescribed this medicine for lower back pain from an accident. It kicks in quick and lasts all day. When I take it the pain completely goes away. It does make you sleepy, but it's worth it. I did not experience any stomach issues.”

IrishAido May 11, 2017

“Personally it's the best gel I have used to warm up my back muscles, making the muscles feel like I've stretched for 15 - 20 min. Don't expect miracles. You should not be expecting this gel to completely alleviate back pain. It's not supposed to do that. It's supposed to get your muscles to a place where you can do other things more easily to attain painlessness via a combined effort. For a lot of back pain, if you use the gel in conjunction with consistent stretching (twice daily) whilst consuming the correct diet and being active enough to lower your body weight, you will be in a much better place in no time - so be encouraged! The gel really helps you do the things you need to do physically to get to that place.”

GummieBear09 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2016

“I have bulging and degenerative discs from my cervical all the way down to my lumbar. I would have it rubbed on my back on days when I couldn't get out of bed or stand up. The cream along with my meds would put me to sleep and then allow me to get up pain free. It's really great after a long day.”

coastie 1953 January 10, 2011

“I was taking Celebrex 200mg's a day to stop the pain in my lower back, This after spending over $2000 of medical bills and an Epidural on advise from a spine Dr. My racquetball buddy, a heart DR. said Voltaren is better and prescribed a 50mg dose. It is a wonder medicine if you can take it. Voltaren has given me my life back.”

desihunk June 7, 2011

“I have severe sciatic pain and the spine doctor prescribed this for me. It worked for a while and after a week my pain started going up. I switched to OTC Ibuprofen and it worked better. So, I guess it depends on person to person.”

Bluegirlnz · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2014

“Used 75mg Voltaren twice a day as a maintenance for pain. The problem with pain sleeping was created by deterioration of fitness because of side effects from chemotherapy treatment for invasive breast cancer.”

LazarusL1 June 12, 2009

“This medicine is very good for those who can take it. At first it worked very well for me. By the third refill I had developed a extreme allergy to this drug. First sign was extreme itching and severe sweating with dizziness. If this happens go to hospital quickly and stop taking the drug. When this started Doctors can't always determine it quickly enough as in my case. Second time wasn't as severe but by the third time when my reactions started I knew. So please don't take again if you get these reactions. But I do highly recommend this drug for those able to use it.”

Anonymous May 29, 2010

“Last year when I had back pain my GP prescribed this medicine. It worked very well and I have no side effects. I stopped taking the medicine after the pain decreased and gradually disappeared. Recently, the pain came back and I am thinking to take it again but I don't know whether I should take the same medicine as it is still not out of date.”

Zek April 7, 2015

“I have been taking this for many years. I do not have to take it everyday. When I experience back pain I take it. The only side effect I have had is constipation.”

debb01 December 28, 2011

“After taking Voltaren occasionally over a 6 week period, I suddenly started having the following symptoms. Severe bloating, severe gas, severe stomach pain, nausea, constipation, weakness.”

Anonymous January 16, 2012

“GREAT stuff. Many uses! It has been a life saver. I require narcotic pain medications on a regular basis and Voltaren REALLY helps me to not need as much narcotic pain medicines for pain management.”

Anonymous October 30, 2009

“I have been taking Voltaren for severe back pain and it is just wonderful, no back pain at all.”

Anonymous October 10, 2009

“I take this medicine once a day when I have back pain or stiff neck, it works great, helps reduce the pain immediately. Very effective drug.”

Bigmus October 25, 2016

“It's and exceptional ,very good gel. Having back pain for several months, tried all types of medicine, could not relief.as I tried this voltadol forte all the pain dissappear, thanks”

alwasinpain August 17, 2009

“Not a bad anti-inflamatory. Better if taking it with a Vicodin or Percocet.”

Anonymous December 10, 2009

“I had severe upper back pain. I took this tab, one a day for a week. I would'nt say it's works great but it surely makes your pain bearable!!.”

muchbetter September 6, 2009

“Amazing topical relief. I 100% recommend it.”

V. Kaushal March 3, 2017