User Reviews for Voltaren

Learn more about Voltaren.

Voltaren Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1875 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren to treat Pain

"suffered from gout and joint pain.Took one 50mg tablet and experience pain relief within a few hours and was able to walk freely"

pedigreeman (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

"The side effects are brutal. Stomach aches, nausea, bloody stools, headache, diarrhea, increased blood pressure just to name a few. This medicine did give me some relief from pain at the cost of the side effects. Be careful with this medicine, I won't take this med anymore."

Yourstruley January 25, 2016

"The gel is really good but you need to use as indicated or 2 or 4 times a day depending on the strength for at least 2 day , then you wil feel the real benefits of voltarol "

Alexstorn January 20, 2016

"Voltaren Gel has given me back the ability to walk without pain. I have had heel Spurs and plantar fasciitis and bursitis in my heel for about 20 years. I began using Voltaren Gel about 10 months ago and am so thankful that I have not had any significant pain for the past six months. I also try to wear only shoes that have very high arches. With the Voltaren Gel, I massage it all around my foot and over the top and bottom as per the directions. Great stuff!!!"

World weary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 3, 2015

"I have an undiagnosed arthritic condition in my upper back and neck. I've been to a pain specialist that threw strong drugs at me that didn't work. I'm seeing a rheumatologist for a diagnosis (possibly fibromyalgia my GP said) in a couple months but my general practitioner has been treating me til then. I've tried 3 different prescription medications and they did nothing. The second day on this medication I started getting some relief in my back. It's not 100% gone but it really eases my pain. The unfortunate side effect with any nsaid is thin blood resulting in bruising. I have a bleeding autoimmune disorder so it's not the best combo. But I feel like as a first there's promising relief. I hope it continues."

Callysmommy July 18, 2015

"I have spondylolystesis and I have tried every type of medicine you could possibly think of. My doctor has put me on anti depressants, muscle relaxers, Norco, just about anything. I was constantly in pain. My back hurt all the time. I couldn't even do simple things like sweep the floor or do laundry. I went and seen my orthopedic surgeon and she put me on Voltaren 75mg and I feel like a new person. I have not had any back pain whatsoever. I highly recommend this medicine. I can actually do everything now with absolutely no back pain. Thank God."

Trebs79 June 30, 2015

"Was given voltaren-XR for knee pain. I am still unable to feel any effects. I also can't take Advil with it, which seems to be the only thing that was helping. Tylenol makes me very sleepy. Taking that with the Voltaren is not an option as I need to be alert for my job."

Bchkid (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

"Best pain ointment I have ever tried"

Dave C. May 1, 2015

"Used the Voltaren Gel for tendinitis and frozen shoulder. It didn't totally relieve the pain. Coupled with Hydrocodone and Physical Therapy..it allows me to sleep."

mules (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2014

"This works great."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2014

"After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return."

Anonymous April 14, 2014

"I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects."

hottie112377 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2014

"After a fall on the ice, I got a bad concussion. Dr gave me Voltaren 75mg twice daily to calm things down, pain and to relax, works great! No upset stomach (which was concern to me) no side effects, medicine stays with you works, long time, better then over the counter meds."

di022 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

"I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill."

richard chongnee February 2, 2014

"I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing."

Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013

"I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)"

dlaml February 18, 2013

"Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective"

Bloggsy February 8, 2013

"Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding."

Anonymous April 21, 2012

"Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful."

styxgroupi April 6, 2012

"I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction."

Anonymous January 9, 2012

"I have a torn hip ligament due to a fall at work - I find NO relief with Voltaren either oral (75MG 2x per day) or the patch."

Anonymous November 23, 2011

"I use the gel and it may take a little time to work (about 30-45 minutes), but the effect is pretty good. It will take my pain from a 9 down to a 5 (that's pretty good for me)."

Anonymous June 13, 2011

"I have used Celebrex for my knee pain, but I still have some pain in my knee (may be slow effect). Then I change to take Voltaren rapid 25, now the pain have totally disappeared."

Anonymous May 14, 2011

"I am highly alllergic to internal intake of NSAIDS. The gel has been tried as an alternative. I have had bilateral knee replacements and suffer from RSD. I thought the gel was helping the knees. However, when I was off of my narcotic protocol for a period of two weeks, I discovered that Voltaren did not work. I was sad that it did not work because I am seeking a good alternative to narcotics."

Anonymous January 25, 2010

"This drug is wonderful. You don't realize how much it helps until you leave it off for a day. I would highly rate this above anything I have taken."

mary k cowart January 22, 2010