User Reviews for Voltaren to treat Pain

Voltaren has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 46 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 74% of those users who reviewed Voltaren reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Voltaren Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1312 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

41% 19
4% 2
15% 7

Reviews for Voltaren

diverone · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 8, 2020

“After seeing the foot doctor for what I described as pain off and on as if my toe was broke or spur. I was given voltaren and it seems to work at times, the biofreeze did nothing for arthritis pain, so I give voltaren thumbs up for temporary relief.”

Eyes of Horus · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2020

“I got this from the VA right before it was dumped on to the public. It did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the pain. I may have been using petroleum jelly. It's a waste of money. Thing is, the accompanying information listed on the sheet had a number of side effects listed. Somehow, they seemed to have disappeared.”

Raoul · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

“Side of foot been hurting for 7-10 days.X-rays negative. Doc said it is tendonitis. ( doesn't know what else it is). He said voltaren should be helpful, reduce the discomfort. I purchased a tube of voltaren for $20. I have now applied it 4 times. Very disappointing. I don't feel anything from it! It is a waste.”

Hag June 4, 2020

“The only thing about the product is the size of the tube it comes in . For my knees they suggest a 4 gram dosage. Well if I use 4 grams per knee 4 times a day that's 32 grams a day! Well it cones in a 50 gram tube. Well common sense tells me I'll only get a not even two day treatment!! Need to look into a larger supply to your customers!! Thanks Hag”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

“I have toothache and I find voltaren 75mg works better than 100mg, 75mg starts to work within 20 mins for me, however it only last 4to 5 hrs”

scottie · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2019

“After 5-6 days on Voltaren the pain from my tennis elbow dropped from a 8 down to a 1 based on a scale of 1-10.....10 being the greatest pain, so yes it works”

jimmy February 14, 2019

“had gout on and off now for 20 years and always used voltaren 75 at the first signs of an attack. I take one tablet and the symptoms are usually gone in about 3 to 4 hours. I have been to doctors on several occasions when ran out of voltaren and asked for volteren on perscription but always told that they are not good to take and always given rubbish that does not work. I normally go on holiday to spain and get pills over the counter at local pharmacy.”

darkangel · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2018

“I have severe ankle and foot pain from nerve damage. These pill do not work. I get severe cramps from my menstrual cycle too [ clearly it's fun 2 be me] and the voltaren did nothing for that as well.”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2018

“Voltaren 75mg for knee inflammation. Stay away! This drug nearly killed me! I am an overall healthy 39 yo Male. Side effects: bloody diarrhea / tarry stool, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, faint, lightheaded, dizzy, racing heart, passed out and fell twice (Gastric bleed)! I believe I was on the verge of a heart attack. I cannot believe this drug is still available! No relief whatsoever.”

Everredy · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

“I have a lot of leg and feet pain, I hope this work's Thanks”

19887Mel · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2017

“This is the best product ever highly recommended for tooth aches. It was the only thing which would completely get rid of the pain from a wisdom tooth infection.”

Alligator Creek · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2017

“This is the only non prescription pain relief that will take away the pain of a toothache or any other body pain within an hour. I have not found them effective for a migraine headache.”

Rawz · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 5, 2017

“I've used voltaren rapid 25 and 50 by far the best joint pain medication I've ever had. I use it to ease my pain when gout attacks come on I take to 2 with milk or before I eat something. My partner also uses it only if her period pain is unbearable seems to help her cope..”

jmnf · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2017

“Why would they put fragrance in a pharmaceutical cream?? My doctor prescribed this medicine and I'm allergic to scents so I just wasted my money on this. It's not covered by the medical plan and since I opened it, I can't return it. What a waste of money.”

Pranava · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2017

“I have osteoarthritis in both knees and will being getting knee replacement next month. This stuff is wonderful. I wish I had found it years ago. I am referring to the topical cream. I rub it in well twice day and oh, what a difference. You must be consistent with it and the relief will grow on you.”

pedigreeman · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2016

“suffered from gout and joint pain.Took one 50mg tablet and experience pain relief within a few hours and was able to walk freely”

Yourstruley January 25, 2016

“The side effects are brutal. Stomach aches, nausea, bloody stools, headache, diarrhea, increased blood pressure just to name a few. This medicine did give me some relief from pain at the cost of the side effects. Be careful with this medicine, I won't take this med anymore.”

Alexstorn January 20, 2016

“The gel is really good but you need to use as indicated or 2 or 4 times a day depending on the strength for at least 2 day , then you wil feel the real benefits of voltarol ”

World weary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2015

“Voltaren Gel has given me back the ability to walk without pain. I have had heel Spurs and plantar fasciitis and bursitis in my heel for about 20 years. I began using Voltaren Gel about 10 months ago and am so thankful that I have not had any significant pain for the past six months. I also try to wear only shoes that have very high arches. With the Voltaren Gel, I massage it all around my foot and over the top and bottom as per the directions. Great stuff!!!”

Callysmommy July 18, 2015

“I have an undiagnosed arthritic condition in my upper back and neck. I've been to a pain specialist that threw strong drugs at me that didn't work. I'm seeing a rheumatologist for a diagnosis (possibly fibromyalgia my GP said) in a couple months but my general practitioner has been treating me til then. I've tried 3 different prescription medications and they did nothing. The second day on this medication I started getting some relief in my back. It's not 100% gone but it really eases my pain. The unfortunate side effect with any nsaid is thin blood resulting in bruising. I have a bleeding autoimmune disorder so it's not the best combo. But I feel like as a first there's promising relief. I hope it continues.”

Trebs79 June 30, 2015

“I have spondylolystesis and I have tried every type of medicine you could possibly think of. My doctor has put me on anti depressants, muscle relaxers, Norco, just about anything. I was constantly in pain. My back hurt all the time. I couldn't even do simple things like sweep the floor or do laundry. I went and seen my orthopedic surgeon and she put me on Voltaren 75mg and I feel like a new person. I have not had any back pain whatsoever. I highly recommend this medicine. I can actually do everything now with absolutely no back pain. Thank God.”

Bchkid · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2015

“Was given voltaren-XR for knee pain. I am still unable to feel any effects. I also can't take Advil with it, which seems to be the only thing that was helping. Tylenol makes me very sleepy. Taking that with the Voltaren is not an option as I need to be alert for my job.”

Dave C. May 1, 2015

“Best pain ointment I have ever tried”

mules · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 25, 2014

“Used the Voltaren Gel for tendinitis and frozen shoulder. It didn't totally relieve the pain. Coupled with Hydrocodone and Physical Therapy..it allows me to sleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 20, 2014