User Reviews for Voltaren

Learn more about Voltaren.

Voltaren Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1819 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Voltaren to treat Pain

"I have a lot of leg and feet pain, I hope this work's Thanks"

Everredy (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the best product ever highly recommended for tooth aches. It was the only thing which would completely get rid of the pain from a wisdom tooth infection."

19887Mel (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the only non prescription pain relief that will take away the pain of a toothache or any other body pain within an hour. I have not found them effective for a migraine headache."

Alligator Creek (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used voltaren rapid 25 and 50 by far the best joint pain medication I've ever had. I use it to ease my pain when gout attacks come on I take to 2 with milk or before I eat something. My partner also uses it only if her period pain is unbearable seems to help her cope.."

Rawz (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Why would they put fragrance in a pharmaceutical cream?? My doctor prescribed this medicine and I'm allergic to scents so I just wasted my money on this. It's not covered by the medical plan and since I opened it, I can't return it. What a waste of money."

jmnf (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have osteoarthritis in both knees and will being getting knee replacement next month. This stuff is wonderful. I wish I had found it years ago. I am referring to the topical cream. I rub it in well twice day and oh, what a difference. You must be consistent with it and the relief will grow on you."

Pranava (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"suffered from gout and joint pain.Took one 50mg tablet and experience pain relief within a few hours and was able to walk freely"

pedigreeman (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The side effects are brutal. Stomach aches, nausea, bloody stools, headache, diarrhea, increased blood pressure just to name a few. This medicine did give me some relief from pain at the cost of the side effects. Be careful with this medicine, I won't take this med anymore."

Yourstruley January 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The gel is really good but you need to use as indicated or 2 or 4 times a day depending on the strength for at least 2 day , then you wil feel the real benefits of voltarol "

Alexstorn January 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Voltaren Gel has given me back the ability to walk without pain. I have had heel Spurs and plantar fasciitis and bursitis in my heel for about 20 years. I began using Voltaren Gel about 10 months ago and am so thankful that I have not had any significant pain for the past six months. I also try to wear only shoes that have very high arches. With the Voltaren Gel, I massage it all around my foot and over the top and bottom as per the directions. Great stuff!!!"

World weary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have an undiagnosed arthritic condition in my upper back and neck. I've been to a pain specialist that threw strong drugs at me that didn't work. I'm seeing a rheumatologist for a diagnosis (possibly fibromyalgia my GP said) in a couple months but my general practitioner has been treating me til then. I've tried 3 different prescription medications and they did nothing. The second day on this medication I started getting some relief in my back. It's not 100% gone but it really eases my pain. The unfortunate side effect with any nsaid is thin blood resulting in bruising. I have a bleeding autoimmune disorder so it's not the best combo. But I feel like as a first there's promising relief. I hope it continues."

Callysmommy July 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have spondylolystesis and I have tried every type of medicine you could possibly think of. My doctor has put me on anti depressants, muscle relaxers, Norco, just about anything. I was constantly in pain. My back hurt all the time. I couldn't even do simple things like sweep the floor or do laundry. I went and seen my orthopedic surgeon and she put me on Voltaren 75mg and I feel like a new person. I have not had any back pain whatsoever. I highly recommend this medicine. I can actually do everything now with absolutely no back pain. Thank God."

Trebs79 June 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was given voltaren-XR for knee pain. I am still unable to feel any effects. I also can't take Advil with it, which seems to be the only thing that was helping. Tylenol makes me very sleepy. Taking that with the Voltaren is not an option as I need to be alert for my job."

Bchkid (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Best pain ointment I have ever tried"

Dave C. May 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used the Voltaren Gel for tendinitis and frozen shoulder. It didn't totally relieve the pain. Coupled with Hydrocodone and Physical Therapy..it allows me to sleep."

mules (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2014

"This works great."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After suffering for 3 mo post op joint pain for a torn medial meniscus I was started on Voltaren pills and within 12 hours I was pain free and walked up stairs again-- a miracle! I had also developed plantar fasciitis in the opposite foot from hobbing and it immediately was gone also! I can tell after 12 hours when it is wearing off because the pain starts to return."

Anonymous April 14, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Vicodin, Percocet, etc. My body doesn't react to those. I was diagnosed with a cervical strain and was put on this. Absolutely love it for muscle pain. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and this medicine is great. Also no side effects."

hottie112377 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After a fall on the ice, I got a bad concussion. Dr gave me Voltaren 75mg twice daily to calm things down, pain and to relax, works great! No upset stomach (which was concern to me) no side effects, medicine stays with you works, long time, better then over the counter meds."

di022 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had this sharp pain in my lower back for 2 days. Within 2 mins of taking Voltaren the pain has absolutely gone away. This is definitely a wonder pill."

richard chongnee February 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing."

Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)"

dlaml February 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective"

Bloggsy February 8, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding."

Anonymous April 21, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful."

styxgroupi April 6, 2012