User Reviews for Advil

1 review 50 medications
Summary of Advil reviews 6.7 24 reviews

Reviews for Advil

alex · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2019

For Fever "TAKES AWAY everything super fast. It took away my pain, fever, and headache and suprisingly my stuffy nose. It always works"

Pea · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

For Pain "Advil works extremely well for toothache. I was taking prescription Ibuprofen 600 and they don't work as well or as fast as original advil in my opinion. Starts to work 15-30 mins after taking 3 for me. This is an infected tooth that needed a root canal or is going to eventually be pulled. I keep advil in my purse and will discontinue use after I have the procedure. Very pleased at how it stops extreme pain. A godsend!"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2018

For Pain "Tried using Advil pm due to fibromyalgia pain and wasn't able to sleep. However I probably would have slept better if I didn't take anything because not only did it not help me sleep it failed to take any of the slightest pain away"

Darchick · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 21, 2017

For Headache "I used to take Advil for headaches years ago. I must have taken a lot of it, because I had many headaches. It worked great at the time. Now I have micro colitis which can be caused from taking to much of this NSAIDS. I really wish Google was around back in the day when I was popping all those Advil! I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now with my stomach problems!"

Roeb · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2017

For Back Pain "I bought the New Advil minis and they stink, They did nothing for my back pain as the originals did. I took 2 gels at once and they usually work right away, but these minis did nothing. I don't believe there is 200mg in each one as they say. Why change something that works, they lost my business..I hope others test it and let everyone know if they worked for them."

JB 2019 December 26, 2016

For Headache "Always take this pain pills is the ONLY ONE works for me and I visited to many doctors office and change medication but always back to advil because is more safe to take this compare to the doctor prescription."

pseudonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2016

For Headache "Advil is my pain reliever of choice, and I take it occasionally to relieve severe headaches; however, it is not without its (many) faults. For starters, it often takes as long as 2 hours to start acting. Also, it is VERY hard on my stomach—taking even the smallest recommended dose makes me feel queasy and nauseous. I actually prefer the children's Advil, as it has a similar pain-relieving effect without as much stomach pain. Overall, Advil is a worthwhile pain medication, but I would recommend using it sparingly."

S_KittenLover7172006 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 22, 2016

For Headache "I have used Advil (Ibuprofen) for over a year for most headaches. It works like a charm, better than any other medicine I've tried, even ones previous doctors have recommended (my current one does recommend Advil). When I was a kid, I used the children's Advil (chewable), and it still worked great. It didn't taste like grease, unlike most other children's medicine I had. Now as an adult, I still love it. I've never experienced any side effects, nor have I ever had any negative reactions to it. It starts kicking in super quickly, and the headaches don't tend to come back after I take a tablet of Advil. Overall highly recommended, not too pricey (especially for the amount of drug in each capsule and for the number of capsules in a container)."

Jrpuk · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2015

For Spondylolisthesis "Not great for your gut long term"

L5-S1 hern/nerve damage · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2015

For Back Pain "Awful, to say the least. Don't even consider this if you have anything more than a headache, and even that won't be tolerable after taking a few of these."

Marcus99 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 23, 2015

For Back Pain "This works very well for me, and needless to say is readily available. The trick is knowing when to take one or when to take two."

Random Human · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2014

For Pain "I recently got braces, the pain quickly started and lasted long. Luckily, I took Advil and the pain has subsided."

riririn · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2012

"My tonsils have been hurting very badly the whole day that I felt like crying. 10 minutes after taking Advil, I felt such a relief. More than half of the pain was gone and I was able to take my final exams for school without any pain. Thank you so much Advil!"

When Dee April 2, 2012

For Pain "I've been taking Advil (Ibuprofen) since 1999 for headaches and body pains. I sometimes take this with the prescription medication Maxalt (which treats migraines) I've have REALLY bad headaches and migraines since I was in grade school and took Tylenol until when into my late 20's. I then started taking the regular 2 tablet dose, 400 mg. I HAVE on occasion upped the dosage (not on doctors instruction) to 600mg if the 400mg dosage isn't effective and the pain doesn't not subside within 30-45 minutes."

Anonymous March 7, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I'm starting to have pain in 2 of my fingers on my right hand, and I know that my family history has arthritis, so by taking 800mgs of Advil, it seems to take away the pain. I also found that putting heat on it, helps the pain also."

Danbetsy06 October 6, 2011

For Muscle Pain "A soon as I took it I started having blurry images, I couldn't breathe and everything turned for the worse. I feel like everything that surrounds me are circling or rolling."

Anonymous October 2, 2011

For Headache "Definitely relieves my headache."

Anonymous April 20, 2011

For Muscle Pain "I have severe hip flexor pain, and my doctor recommended this. It did nothing for it. "

Anonymous October 27, 2010

For Muscle Pain "When I have trouble sleeping I can take one Advil and sleep all night. I also use Advil when I have pains in my muscles or back from exercising too much."

psarq August 1, 2010

For Gout, Acute "I have used Advil to treat my gout for years. I start off with 3 when there's pain, then 2 every 6 hours throughout the 1st day. Beyond that, I keep it within the recommended dosage of no more than 1200/day and I typically do that much for the first 3-5 days after an attack occurs. I use the rapid release kind or it doesn't work at all."

Davee3 October 13, 2009

For Sciatica "Taking up to 800mg Ibuprofen for persistent sciatica. It is more effective than Tylenol with codeine which didn't help - relief lasting about 1 hour. "

MaMaChris February 15, 2009

For Muscle Pain "About a year after having my daughter my lower back and hips started hurting so bad (mostly from carrying her around) that I couldn't sleep. Advil worked great! One pill and I slept all night."

lanmanator February 13, 2009

For Muscle Pain "It's good for back problems."

twoslicktwotouch June 12, 2008

For Cystic Fibrosis "I tried it once and loved it. It was like hearing the Beatles for the first time."

freakinnaughty May 22, 2008

For Pain "I love this product! I was in severe pain until I started taking Advil. Right away I like felt the pain go away - it was like the first time I heard the Beatles. Thank you so much."