User Reviews for Advil to treat Pain

Advil Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1685 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Advil

Pea · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

"Advil works extremely well for toothache. I was taking prescription Ibuprofen 600 and they don't work as well or as fast as original advil in my opinion. Starts to work 15-30 mins after taking 3 for me. This is an infected tooth that needed a root canal or is going to eventually be pulled. I keep advil in my purse and will discontinue use after I have the procedure. Very pleased at how it stops extreme pain. A godsend!"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2018

"Tried using Advil pm due to fibromyalgia pain and wasn't able to sleep. However I probably would have slept better if I didn't take anything because not only did it not help me sleep it failed to take any of the slightest pain away"

Random Human · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2014

"I recently got braces, the pain quickly started and lasted long. Luckily, I took Advil and the pain has subsided."

When Dee April 2, 2012

"I've been taking Advil (Ibuprofen) since 1999 for headaches and body pains. I sometimes take this with the prescription medication Maxalt (which treats migraines) I've have REALLY bad headaches and migraines since I was in grade school and took Tylenol until when into my late 20's. I then started taking the regular 2 tablet dose, 400 mg. I HAVE on occasion upped the dosage (not on doctors instruction) to 600mg if the 400mg dosage isn't effective and the pain doesn't not subside within 30-45 minutes."

freakinnaughty May 22, 2008

"I love this product! I was in severe pain until I started taking Advil. Right away I like felt the pain go away - it was like the first time I heard the Beatles. Thank you so much."