User Reviews for Advil

Learn more about Advil.

Advil Rating Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 289 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Advil to treat Headache

"Always take this pain pills is the ONLY ONE works for me and I visited to many doctors office and change medication but always back to advil because is more safe to take this compare to the doctor prescription."

JB 2019 December 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Advil is my pain reliever of choice, and I take it occasionally to relieve severe headaches; however, it is not without its (many) faults. For starters, it often takes as long as 2 hours to start acting. Also, it is VERY hard on my stomach—taking even the smallest recommended dose makes me feel queasy and nauseous. I actually prefer the children's Advil, as it has a similar pain-relieving effect without as much stomach pain. Overall, Advil is a worthwhile pain medication, but I would recommend using it sparingly."

pseudonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used Advil (Ibuprofen) for over a year for most headaches. It works like a charm, better than any other medicine I've tried, even ones previous doctors have recommended (my current one does recommend Advil). When I was a kid, I used the children's Advil (chewable), and it still worked great. It didn't taste like grease, unlike most other children's medicine I had. Now as an adult, I still love it. I've never experienced any side effects, nor have I ever had any negative reactions to it. It starts kicking in super quickly, and the headaches don't tend to come back after I take a tablet of Advil. Overall highly recommended, not too pricey (especially for the amount of drug in each capsule and for the number of capsules in a container)."

S_KittenLover7172006 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Definitely relieves my headache."

Anonymous October 2, 2011