User Reviews for Advil

Advil Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Advil to treat Headache

"I used to take Advil for headaches years ago. I must have taken a lot of it, because I had many headaches. It worked great at the time. Now I have micro colitis which can be caused from taking to much of this NSAIDS. I really wish Google was around back in the day when I was popping all those Advil! I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now with my stomach problems!"

Darchick (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2017

"Always take this pain pills is the ONLY ONE works for me and I visited to many doctors office and change medication but always back to advil because is more safe to take this compare to the doctor prescription."

JB 2019 December 26, 2016

"Advil is my pain reliever of choice, and I take it occasionally to relieve severe headaches; however, it is not without its (many) faults. For starters, it often takes as long as 2 hours to start acting. Also, it is VERY hard on my stomach—taking even the smallest recommended dose makes me feel queasy and nauseous. I actually prefer the children's Advil, as it has a similar pain-relieving effect without as much stomach pain. Overall, Advil is a worthwhile pain medication, but I would recommend using it sparingly."

pseudonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

"I have used Advil (Ibuprofen) for over a year for most headaches. It works like a charm, better than any other medicine I've tried, even ones previous doctors have recommended (my current one does recommend Advil). When I was a kid, I used the children's Advil (chewable), and it still worked great. It didn't taste like grease, unlike most other children's medicine I had. Now as an adult, I still love it. I've never experienced any side effects, nor have I ever had any negative reactions to it. It starts kicking in super quickly, and the headaches don't tend to come back after I take a tablet of Advil. Overall highly recommended, not too pricey (especially for the amount of drug in each capsule and for the number of capsules in a container)."

S_KittenLover7172006 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2016

"Definitely relieves my headache."

Anonymous October 2, 2011