User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Inflammatory Conditions (Page 4)

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 207 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 62% of those users who reviewed Methylprednisolone reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

shrimp · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2021

“Super severe back pain due to a fall. Took the 5 day course of this med and totally solved the issue. Used again with piriformis sciatica and work like a charm again. No side effects. Sciatica returned following strained activities weeks later.”

Kwilli54 · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2016

“This drug is AMAZING! After I taken this medicine I was back to myself! I was barely walking, my hands were throbbing and killing me, pain behind my knees, I have something that is attacking all my joints, my orthropedic Dr. subscribed this to me until I could see an R.A. Dr.”

D March 24, 2019

“Got prescribed methylprednisolone after oral surgery. After just a few hours I was feeling great, even my knee was feeling good which I had been suffering pain from a torn meniscus - I wish I would have known about this sooner”

Anonymous January 30, 2019

“I have rheumatoid arthritis and had an awful flare up. The pain in my lower back, shoulders and knee was unbearable. Took the first dose and started feeling better. The second days dose and I'm pain free. Highly recommend it”

Gem10 · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2016

“Last month I was given this med by the orthopedic for a "pinched nerve" from my neck to shoulder down arm which was very painful. I took a double dose pak, 42 pills total. I had never took steroids before. Day 2, I immediately felt better. Great! By day 12, the last day of this regimen, I was sooo tired, bloated from lots of gas, but pain was 90 percent better. The days following, I got so weak and just wanted to sleep all the time. Good thing I am retired. It's been 3 weeks since I stopped. The pain is back full force, my legs are swollen from water retention, and I'm full of gas. Pills were good for a short time, but now I am back to square one. Had 2 MRI's yesterday, and will see the doctor in 4 days. Won't take these again.”

temkahn August 23, 2015

“Back went out 3 weeks ago. Pain killers and anti inflame muscle relaxers did nothing. Went back to DR after 2 weeks, put me on methylprednisolone. First day I took 6 pills, back felt waaayyyy better by the end of the day. I feel 80%, and its day 2!”

Mark12348776 February 19, 2015

“Took 6 day 4mg dose pack, had chest tightness and feeling of a heavy heart beat in my left peck area. Otherwise works extremely well for the inflammation in my neck and shoulder from budged disc/bursitis.”

Thebunny87 June 19, 2014

“I was introduced to METHYLPREDNISOLONE after having a cervical diskectomy. I was in severe pain before and after surgery. Pain meds helped very little. However 7 days of this medicine gave me unbelievable relief and the pain meds began to work again. ”

Michele527 March 30, 2012

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “The product is an effective bullet as I tend to get pneumonia bi-annually due to a compromised immune system (Lupus). I have been diagnosed with Osteo-necrosis caused by the steroid usage. In addition, it tends to make me extremely jittery and anxious, extraordinarily dizzy, unable to focus, nauseous, and to have blurred vision. (These might be an allergic reaction to the product, but am unsure). It HAS saved me many a trip for an extensive stay in the hospital and feel comfortable stating that while I have multiple side effects, the benefit most certainly outweighs them. ”

Jim 1701 August 8, 2015

“I had my third back surgery on 12/31/15. Pain and tightness has been off and on since. Recently the pain was so bad I couldn't take it anymore because my hydrocodone wasn't working. Went to the doc and he put me in the methylprednisilone dose pak 4mg. Over night it was better. You have to take it with food or it will tear you up. Don't take it close to bedtime. No significant side effects other than mild depression and lethargy. May not even be due to the med but it is a possibility.”

RTC Tendonitis · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2016

“I had been experiencing shoulder pain from repetitive strain for about 3 years; it started off quite mild and then in the past 3-6 months had developed into a constant stabbing, throbbing pain. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendonitis, and was put on methylprednisolone and valium. After the very first day on the steroid, my pain symptoms reduced *dramatically*. On day 3, it barely hurts at all. So, so, so relieved.. I wish I'd gone to the doctor much sooner!”

49 fan in va January 23, 2015

“I had foot pain on right side, my right hip also but not considered at time. I took methylprednisolone 4mg pack. By the end of the medicine, I was not having any pain in foot or hip. Wow what a difference. It made moving around and going to work was much better than a few days before. Eating with medicines helps the upset stomach. What a life change! Thanks!”

T. Johnson · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2016

“I went into the E.R. on Sept 8th, 2016 for a simple bug bite on my finger that became itchy and swollen after the 3rd evening. Was prescribed MEDROL along with clindamycin, Benedryl and an antacid, none of which I've ever taken in my 39yr of living. After the 1st day I became very emotional, low mood, I just kind of blew it off, 3rd day my weight dropped 7lbs! As of today, Dec 5th, down to 127lbs & normally 138lbs. SEVERE Muscle loss, bulging eye, eyes BLURRY, extreme pressure in my head to the point I can't move sometimes, SHAKINESS depression, HEART PALPITATIONS, bone & joint pain, painful jolts periodically, nausea, black stools, burning back& stomach, diarrhea & constipation, TINGLING, DIZZY.”

Naz · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2019

“Hey first day I took this I was feeling dizzy couldn’t go to sleep and I told my doctor and she told me to stop taking it. After a day later I was feeling like my heart was beating abnormal and feeling so much anxiety and discomfort on my left leg. Don’t take it I’m crying”

Liah June 10, 2015

“I was given this by my podiatrist for ball of foot pain due to wearing heels; All I can say is I wish I wouldn't have waited 3 months to go to podiatrist ; Im on day 3 and im in no Pain!!!....Thank God for this medication!!!!”

Lucyone May 12, 2016

“Pain in my neck and shoulders was so severe that my Ortho Doc prescribed this dose pack for Cervical Degenerative Disease. It has helped relieve the pain, but hopes it lasts. The side effect have been dizziness, gas, indigestion, but have been able to lie down to get some sleep.”

JMBooker1 August 17, 2016

“I had L4 minimal evasive surgery on a Tuesday, went home Wednesday and Wednesday night my sciatica was killing me which was what the surgery was to correct. Called the Dr on Friday and was prescribed to take all the 1st days dosage at once and to continue to with regular dosage. My Saturday evening I was feeling 90% better, by Monday I was still doing well with a bit of an ache. My biggest issue was no sleep. I was awake until 3 and 4 am during those days. I will trade the not sleeping for the reduced pain.”

Inflammatory girl · Taken for 10 years or more June 15, 2018

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I’ve been on 4mg of medrol once a day for over ten years. Nothing else gives me the relief I need to get through the day...I’ve weaned off a few times only to go back. I’m aware of all side affects and interactions but nothing else works for me. The day my Dr says I need to get off is the day I look for a new Dr. I have hypothyroidism and have been infected with Epstein Barr in my teens, both of which cause me wide spread inflammation in my soft tissue and joints all over my bodily. This is my miracle medication.”

22sunny4u · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2013

“I'm 52 and started developing early signs of carpal tunnel. The pain in my left wrist would keep me up at night until finally, I went to the doctor. He prescribed methylprednisolone 4mg dosepake 21's. I took the first (6) pills that night and slept like a baby! By morning, almost no pain and I felt wonderful! It feels great to do the simply things like pinning your hair, putting on your coat, or pulling up your pants...so many things we take for granted. Oh, and my work station is ergonomically correct now!”

Matt415 · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2017

“My doctor prescribed me methylprednisolone for a sinus infection after an antibiotic did not work. I have had two cervical fusion operations and am fused from C4-8. I have had pain in my neck for 5 years, ever since the second surgery. I am on the second day of the steroid and have no discomfort in my neck. I can't believe it and it is too good to be true. Wondering how long this will last.”

Pwsfirewoman · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

“Was prescribed methylprednisolone 21 pack after dentist had pulled 3 previously abscessed teeth. I had absolutely zero pain or swelling after extractions. Never had to take the first pain pill so I would say this steroid works super well for that. The downside for me is I have kept a severe headache for the 2 days I've been on it and haven't slept at all . I'm typing this review at 4:50 am because I've just laid awake in bed all night with the headache to boot. Took ibuprofen for hasn't stop yet. I NEED SLEEP PLEASE!”

Sciatic-ann · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2016

“Sorry to hear about the discomfort/side effects of others. By the 2nd day on a (generic Medrol dose pack), I breathed a huge sigh of relief.I have wondered why it wasn't offered to me sooner--a real God-send. It has made the biggest difference in my enjoyment of the Holidays. Whether this ends up being temporary or not, it was a nice vacation from pain that was over-riding pain meds. Off I go to my first PT session this afternoon, and I'm not dreading it.--very thankful.”

Aryl September 28, 2013

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “My hair is falling out. It's so hard to lose weight. I feel mentally a little off like constant irritation. I also feel a little lethargic. When I first got the shots I felt jittery for days. I'm having blurry vision. ”

Mike214324435646757 December 22, 2016

“I strained my back and was in pain every time I moved the wrong way or changed positions, after working too hard on an outdoor project. My PCP prescribed a Methylprednisolone steroid pack. The medication started working the first day and has "loosened my back muscles" and reduced the pain considerably. I have 1 day left of the medication and feel pretty good. I have a history of depression and did feel a little jittery and have trouble getting to sleep, but nothing too bad that I would stop taking the medicine. Also having gas and the medicine is making me hungry. For me benefits definitely outweigh the side effects.”

katvero · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

“From the first dose I got a lot of physical energy - which was great after being exhausted for a long time. Same time, it made me so irritable and depressed, I was climbing through the ceilings. After a couple of hours, it calmed down, but then I broke out in a skin rash. NEVER AGAIN.”