User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Inflammatory Conditions (Page 5)

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 207 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 62% of those users who reviewed Methylprednisolone reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

lawsonrrrrrr February 4, 2015

“Hi. I took this for 6 days. For a tooth pain til I get an extraction. I LOVE this medicine. Felt great it takes pain away. I took one pill each time. I never took 2 pills at once. I felt like superwoman.”

Marilyn · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2020

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “The Medrol pack is not to be afraid of. It has great benefits for a short period of time of steroids. I have terrible neck pain (Cervical Spondylosis) and am on my way to probably having surgery. But I won’t be able to do it for a few weeks. I finally asked for this steroid pack because the pain was unbearable. I took the first dose today, all six at once. It definitely has taken my pain level down from 10 to 4. I don’t know what tomorrow will bring but I have used the pack many times before, and it is always worked well. I have previously used it for sinusitis.”

JennyWhiz December 10, 2015

“Had a horrible cough. Choking so bad I actually hurt my neck. I was sure it was bronchitis. Dr said no. Perscribed me this. First 2 days were fine. Then horrible stomach pains, no appetite, red rash on my face would come & go, I'm so extremely tired that no amount of sleep helps, leg cramps, I'm so sore all over I feel like I have been beaten, jaw pain. List can go on. Shortness of breath almost like a anxiety attack. I still have the cough.. I'll never take this drug again. I feel horrible.”

pazza · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2013

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I had severe soft tissue damage. The inflammation would not subside and was creating other problems as the inflammation was choking nerves. I did a series of 11 injections in the area (12"x12" area) over approximately 8 weeks. It worked. It took about 2 months to feel full effects. My side effects included minimal pain at the injection point for a day or 2 after each injection and major upper body sweating. Thank God for this medicine as it was the only thing that worked to minimize the inflammation.”

Nogo December 16, 2014

“I just completed a 5 day pack of Methylprednisone 4mg and my neck pain gradually went away but I am paying the price because I have had upset stomach, diarrhea, etc. since the third day of the five day program. However the pain is almost gone. I hope my stomach restores itself soon because I don't remember feeling so bad. It's like a 5 day hangover.”

CJ192 · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2015

“Was prescribed this for a rash/skin irritation. I didn't see results until 3-4 days into the 6 day pack. Side effects for me were bad heartburn (usually at night when I went to lay down) and gas/bloating. Overall it wasn't anything too miserable. I'm only day 5 now and rash seems to be completely gone.”

Full of Pain September 3, 2018

“Took the dose pack for 5 days for pain in foot. Next day had horrible pain in shoulders, & muscle stiffness & pain in legs. Pain & stiffness travelled from left to right side. Ortho surgeon and he said he never prescribes this drug. Went a immunologist MD. Had blood work everything Normal. After 6 months went to RA Specialist- no diagnosis for RA or other autoimmune disease. Still have muscle pain & stiffness and joint pain. Had x-rays - all normal. Ruled out everything possible. Pain has gone on for over a year. Know of many others who had or are experiencing the same. Just found out I need a total hip replacement due to the deterioration of the femur. My DR said prednisone can cause this..BEWARE of this drug and stay away from it! The side effects that they have are not always disclosed. From what I found out many others have experienced the same. RA Drs like to prescribe this drug and will disagree but be warned If the Ortho Surgeons will not prescribe you know there is something wrong”

Carol jackson March 14, 2014

“I have just had a 5 day course of the tablets in conjunction with Gabapentin 100mg and have to say after the 3rd dose I was absolutely floored! Really took it out of me physically with extreme tiredness and general weakness. Think I would rather have done without them had I realised how I was going to feel.”

Justmepainfree2 May 10, 2017

“I only gave it an 8 because of the side affects, flush felling, puffy face, hunger, etc, but I was in severe pain from an autoimmune issue. My back went out which in turn made my inflammation all over my body react so the pain became unbearable. This has happened 2 times and after only the 1st day, I began to feel relief, and after day 6 I felt like a teenager again, not an old lady who can't move, so, as I don't want to be on it forever, it sure beats feeling like I can't go on anymore because of the pain.”

Yelenie November 15, 2016

“I was given this medication (4 mg dosepk) by a podiatrist for plantar fascitis pain as I have problems with NSAIDS. The second day I had a very red face and chest. By the end of that day every bone in my face hurt. I had stopped taking it after the morning dose by orders of my pharmacist. But later that day I got a bright pink hot area on my left forearm and also my upper arm muscle area on the right. Day 3 I developed another pink, hot area on the upper left arm and had severe pain in my shoulders, elbows, wrists, and fingers.I went to my primary care doctor's office for followup. They agreed to stop the medication. I had only taken the first full day (6 pills) and 1 the next morning so I didn't think the reaction would last this long.”

Mdenisem · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2017

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “To address knee pain, my doctor prescribed several rounds of physical therapy. The last physical therapist seemed to get to the root cause of the pain and after showing siginificant improvement I was discharged. Two weeks later, my knee was too swollen to move. I went to urgent care and there was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee. The doc prescribed this dosepack and after day 1, I thought it was a miracle drug. The pain was gone. The swelling was gone. However, by day two or three I was bloated. By day five, hints of pain were returning. The day after my last dose, the knee pain fully returned. The relief was great but short lived.”

Mindypin · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2017

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I have severe COPD that was exacerbated by broncholitis, which landed me in the hospital. It has really helped reduce the inflammation in my lungs, and I can finally breathe again. I am on a pretty high IV dose, but they are treating me well. It certainly has side effects. My gut is all pooched out, and I gained SEVEN pounds in a week. Major bloat going on. Heartburn, too. It makes me a little hyper, and my skin is sensitive. I have a back/shoulder ache, but that could be the hospital bed. I hope the side effects go away when I am off of it, but at least I can breathe again.”

knine handler August 30, 2011

“My lower back pain was getting worse. I couldn't put on my shoes anymore. I started a treatment with Methylprednisolone and within the first day 70% of my mobility returned. I couldn't believe it. It's great!”

Em · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “I have a large herniated disc that I have been dealing with for a few months. One day after work I had an extremely painful back spasm. After the spasm, I was in extreme pain and could barely walk. I was not able to sleep or get comfortable no matter what I did. My neurosurgeon prescribed the medrol dose pack. I am so glad I took it! I started to improve after the first day. It gave me so much relief that I could finally rest comfortably and was able to walk better each day. I had a very mild headache on the first day, but that was it!”

Rod Rey September 7, 2015

“I have had horrible tendinitis in both elbows for a year now. Went to the Dr. She prescribed 4mg methylprednisolone. After 2 days of taking medication, absolutely no side effects and almost no pain in my elbows!! Absolutely wonderful meds!!”

LianaG January 27, 2015

“I am currently on this medicine for an inflamed sinus cavity, with 2 more days left. I have been experiencing HORRIBLE backaches to the point of wearing a heating pad on my back the past 3 days, the stomach cramps, constipation, fatigue, extreme thirst, UTI like symptoms and insomnia I've been experiencing!! I didn't know would happen, my pharmacist didn't really mention all of these side effects to me when I got this pill. Anyways though, I have NOT been able to breathe out of the one nostril and the other was barely open too which makes for a very difficult night of sleep however, this pill has done wonders! Within the second day I was able to breathe and lay on my one side which is something I haven't been able to do in a long time!”

andyinsdca · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

“Got the 6-day pack yesterday afternoon. Since no one told me different, I did as the package suggested and took all 6 pills last night (dose of 4 then 2 later on). Felt OK that night. Woke up with brain fog this morning, took the one with breakfast, brain fog stuck around (still around this afternoon). Stopped taking it, called my doctor.”

Llqllb December 30, 2016

“The methylpredisone took away all my pain even in the worst places. I did have spasms in my spine that were a bit unnerving. I can only use it one week a month but the break from the pain is a God send.”

MedrolafterLevaquin May 8, 2017

“I had a severe reaction to the Levaquin antibiotic (Levaquin toxicity) and it took 4.5-years to regain physical strength. I was working again, then my dentist prescribed methylprednisone (for numbness after dental surgery) and within 4-days I began relapsing into severe muscle weakness. I fainted multiple times driving, had temporary blindness in one eye and have had to stop working due to continued muscle weakness.”

Liz T · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2016

“I constantly over think things, worry and assume I will have every side effect, so I never want to take medication. I had fluid in my middle ear for over 2 years and went to several doctors who basically did nothing. Finally I was prescribed methylprednisolone 4 mg. I researched for days finding every bad side effect but got over myself and took the medicine. I had no nausea, dizziness or heart palpitations. I had a little gas but everything else was fine! It taste terrible but we've all drank way worst things that only have harmed our body. It gave me some relief the first week but now is wearing off. It was a great time treatment!”

Just Old Sports Gal · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2015

“Got the 4mg 6 day pack for neck surgery recovery. By day two, swelling went dramatically down. What I didn't expect was that the pain from my medial collateral ligament Grade 2 year from 3 weeks prior would also get relief. My knee feels fantastic. No knee stiffness from sitting. Pain decreased 80% when Pressing in medial collateral ligament tear area. Feel I got a two for one relief with this drug.”

Swimmer · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2019

“I have ankylosing spondylitis which affects my spine and major joints. I was taking Humira but it seems to have lost its effectiveness. I just started taking Remicade and had the first loading dose last week. It hasn’t taken effect yet and my spine and knees have really painful. I took second dose of Medrol DosePack today. Couldn’t sleep at all last night. Face puffy. Short of breath. Spine feels better but not so sure about knees. Vision blurred. Blood pressure hit 210/110 this afternoon. Not sure I will take any more of this stuff.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2012

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “I had not been stung by a wasp in 28 years and then within a week got stung twice. The first time I did not go to the doctor for 24 hours and got a cortisone shot and had a lot of swelling, itching and burning. 6 days later got stung again and this time my hand swelled and burned and I went to doctor right away. I got 6 day dose pack and was instructed to take the first day dose all at once then follow instructions for remaining 5 days. About an hour after taking medication the itching, burning quit and by morning there was no swelling or pain. Now I have to keep an Epipen with me.”

Flake · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2019

“I had Acute Sciatic Nerve Pain. While this drug did help slightly with the inflammation, the psychological side effects outweighed the benefits for me. It made me nauseous, sweaty and edgy. It also aggravated my anxiety disorder severely. I would not use this medicine again.”

Berna · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2018

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “The first day, I didn't sleep well. On day two, I started to have a lot less pain in my leg and foot. Today is day four, and happy to say that the meds have given me lots of relief! This is much more convenient than getting pain injections, although I'm not sure how often I can take them, yet & not sure how long the effects will last. If you have chronic pain, I highly recommend this medication.”