User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Dermatologic Lesion

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Depo-Medrol, Solu-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Dermatologic Lesion. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

5.9/10 average rating

Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Dermatologic Lesion.

el · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2019

“I was prescribed a blister pack for severe poison oak. It immediately started clearing up and I felt relief within two days. I did not finish the full course because it was giving me really frequent heart palpitations which was concerning.”

Me February 28, 2020

“Got prescribed methylprednisolone for dermatitis on my leg AFTER the hydrocortisone valtrate cream didn’t work. I’m not taking this 6 day pack as these findings from others have me scared me. Hey Doc. It cost me to see you n to pick up prescription but I’m giving it back to you for free!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2017

“I was prescribed this in the ER for ulcers on my skin. Please, as I write this and am struggling with this. Do not take this drug. I was acting not myself for the time on it. I thought it was my anxiety disorder. After day 5 I fell into a deep depression, I have had panic attacks, severe confusion, I've debated if I loved anyone. And cried and have screamed because I was having thoughts about my significant other. I couldn't and am still struggling to go outside. I can't get out of bed. They wanted me on antidepressants and high dosages of anxiety meds. I saw a Dr at urgent care and they asked who was stupid enough to prescribe you this and why. I'm hoping all these feelings and emotions are from this drug. I haven't been myself since.”

Nancy Jo · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2016

“I was given methylprednisolone for treatment of severe poison ivy! It relieved the swelling and helped me sleep. Not only did it help with that, I have been having swelling in my right leg and severe pain in my right heel since a few months after a hip replacement. The second day on treatment NO pain in my right heel and no swelling for the duration of this 6 day treatment~ I hope it continues!!! Love this product so far.”

D2daC · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2016

“My skin dermatoligist prescribed me this drug to heal inflammation on the skin that was caused by mosquitos and left blisters & deep wounds on my skin. She prescribed me methylprednisolone 8mg which I had to take 3x a day for 3 days... I had the whooping cough at the same time when I took this drug, I took Ambroxol before that but stopped when I took this drug. The pill did nothing much to me. I took it 2 times and then I stopped due to the side effects. After the pills my throat does not swallow properly and spitting out thick phlegm is difficult, I almost choked and was out of breath from my own phlegm when I tried to spit it out. It only stopped the pain in my leg but caused pain at other parts of my body. Not taking them again.”

rdave · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2015

“I took a dosepack and it did not cure my sumac. I was prescibed another dosepack. It cleared my sumac symptoms. I got Diebetis and dry mouth and I am still suffering 2 months later . I will not take this drug again . I think the medical INDUSTRY is not sane. Check the commercials on TV you have your answer”

Anonymous April 1, 2008

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “This steriod helped kill the pain of my condition. The only bad thing is I tended to become very tired every time I took the medication. Overall a decent product.”