User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Methacort 40, Methacort 80, Methylcotol, Methylcotolone, Methylpred DP, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack, Predacorten, Solu-Medrol …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Osteoarthritis

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "Took away the pain and improved my walking right away, first day, but gave me a terrible case of GERD. I could not sleep and decided to stop after that first day. Have not called my doctor yet because he was dismissive and fast. Want a new doctor."

Angel5425 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed the 15mg dose pack for 6 days that tapers off. After the first day of taking 6 doses, I noticed a little relief. I'm on the third day now which is 4 doses, and I'm noticing even more relief from the pain. On the 4 th day I will take 3 doses, on the 5th day, I will take 2 doses, and then on the 6th day I will take one dose and I will be done. I am also taking meloxicam so I am not sure if that's helping as well. I am concerned about weight gain, but so far I have not experienced any side effects. The doses are easy to take and I'm hoping by the time I finish, the inflammation is gone and I'm feeling normal again. When all else fails, I would recommend this 15mg 6pak to anyone that has inflammation with unbearable pain."

RFBB April 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): "I get an injection (40) in my hip and knee every three months. Has been a great relief for over 5 years. I am almost 68 years old. Have told other seniors of this great injection to avoid or delay knee and hip replacement and pain relief."

Jolly Green Giant July 17, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): "Had injections in both knees today. Aching a little but severe pain easing. I have been advised by specialist as long as shots work to avoid having knee replacements, as that is a long time to recoup. I hate reading all the side effects of Depo Medrol, too. The dosage is very minimal I've been told. Today's injection was my first since July!"

1111sallyg January 22, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The medication was a wonder drug and I was able to move with great mobility. I was able to walk without help and bend but the one thing it did do was raise my blood pressure. I got off of it and now I have to monitor my blood pressure to see that it does not go dangerously high. I wish they could make a medication similar to this without that side effect because having the pain in something awful."

Anonymous September 4, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "Truly a quality of life improver. I can't thank my doctor enough for giving me this prescription when I have debilitating flare ups. Just have to rest and not over exert your joints when on this medicine. Let the swelling subside before returning to normal activities. For me, 2-3 days, and I feel great."

pen123 August 15, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): "I have osteoarthritis, some days the pain in ALL my joints is very bad. I have taken Solumedrol several times and have relief (not stopping the pain) for a few months, but I need it again."

GV13321aol.com March 5, 2008