User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Osteoarthritis

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Solu-Medrol, Depo-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Osteoarthritis. 64% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 182 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Dana · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2020

“I am 49 and was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my left hip and have been in pain for the last 1 1/2 years trying several medications with no help. I can no longer walk without my cane have constant spasms and not being able to get up from sitting position for at least an hour with horrible pain. I've also been given 3 cortisone injections I was given the 4 mg dose pack of methylprednisolone and after my first dose I had 85% of my pain and stiffness gone!!!! I did experience some mood changes happy one min then crying the next and my face was flushed. It has been so long since I have felt this good and feeling very little pain that the two side effects I experienced were with it!!!!!!”

Jules · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

“Orthopaedic surgeon gave me two spinal injections for pain due to much deterioration, arthritis, etc. Wonderful relief !! He also gave me the 4mg methylprednisolone medpak. I put off taking it for many days because my pain was gone & since I read the horrible reviews I only took "one" pill, just 1, and I was jittery & pacing & had to pee every 20 minutes. .....UGH So I thought well maybe after time your body gets used to it & it won't be as bad. Wrong idea big time !!! I couldn't sleep for two days, couldn't concentrate or think straight. So needless to say I stopped taking it.”

misslottie · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2020

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “Years ago when I had bronchitis my family doc gave me injection of depo-medrol and it not only fixed my lungs it fixed the pains everywhere in my back and hip. Fast forward years later my family doc retired and I had a hard time to find someone to give the injection. Finally a pain clinic will give it but I need it more than every 3 months. Its intramuscular injection. I have severe osteoarthritis now and take calcium and magnesium supplements . I am in severe pain 30 days after the injection and am bed ridden until I can get the injection again. I get low dose opiates they do not touch the pain and doc wont up the mg dose and I am afraid to take Meloxicam and Diclofenac the RX NSAIDS.”

pen123 August 15, 2009

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “Truly a quality of life improver. I can't thank my doctor enough for giving me this prescription when I have debilitating flare ups. Just have to rest and not over exert your joints when on this medicine. Let the swelling subside before returning to normal activities. For me, 2-3 days, and I feel great.”

Kelly · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Been on med for only 3 days and there is a noticeable decrease in the amount of pain and swelling I had prior to taking this med. I could barely walk after having an arthritic flare up in my knee. By the second day of taking this med, the pain decreased greatly and I was able to walk. I still had some pain, but not nearly as bad as it was. I still have 3 days to go. I'm hoping for even better news!”

Jolly Green Giant July 17, 2013

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I get an injection (40) in my hip and knee every three months. Has been a great relief for over 5 years. I am almost 68 years old. Have told other seniors of this great injection to avoid or delay knee and hip replacement and pain relief.”

1111sallyg January 22, 2013

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “Had injections in both knees today. Aching a little but severe pain easing. I have been advised by specialist as long as shots work to avoid having knee replacements, as that is a long time to recoup. I hate reading all the side effects of Depo Medrol, too. The dosage is very minimal I've been told. Today's injection was my first since July!”

Angel5425 · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2017

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “Took away the pain and improved my walking right away, first day, but gave me a terrible case of GERD. I could not sleep and decided to stop after that first day. Have not called my doctor yet because he was dismissive and fast. Want a new doctor.”

Anonymous September 4, 2009

“The medication was a wonder drug and I was able to move with great mobility. I was able to walk without help and bend but the one thing it did do was raise my blood pressure. I got off of it and now I have to monitor my blood pressure to see that it does not go dangerously high. I wish they could make a medication similar to this without that side effect because having the pain in something awful.”

RFBB April 22, 2017

“I was prescribed the 15mg dose pack for 6 days that tapers off. After the first day of taking 6 doses, I noticed a little relief. I'm on the third day now which is 4 doses, and I'm noticing even more relief from the pain. On the 4 th day I will take 3 doses, on the 5th day, I will take 2 doses, and then on the 6th day I will take one dose and I will be done. I am also taking meloxicam so I am not sure if that's helping as well. I am concerned about weight gain, but so far I have not experienced any side effects. The doses are easy to take and I'm hoping by the time I finish, the inflammation is gone and I'm feeling normal again. When all else fails, I would recommend this 15mg 6pak to anyone that has inflammation with unbearable pain.”

GERD, Insomnia & Headaches November 8, 2018

“43 year old black female 5"4, 138 lbs. Just completed 6 day pack to treat inflammation c6 nerve. Helped subside sharp pain in left arm/shoulder. Just tingliness. Couldn't sleep. Now have severe heartburn, nausea and headache.”

Lizzard602 September 30, 2019

“Still unsure about methylprednisolone and waiting on more results. Doc subscribe for my knuckles swollen, possible gout. For many months of feeling like my joints being literally RIPPING apart at the joints - fingers, hip, knees, ankle and all the bones in both feet. Within 36-48 hours after starting the med, taking it on a strict time schedule ! I started to feel like a human being again and by the 5th day I thought I was imagining that I could actually live a normal life again. I am scared the pain is going to come back, it has been four weeks. I am not 100% but I would love to get back to a life that isn't solely based on pain.”

Hoyhoy January 22, 2018

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Was given this dose Pack for back pain after a fall by the orthopedic dr at Urgent Care and was told that " I wouldn’t need any other pain Meds”...,had been taking ibuprofen and Tylenol... This medicine was worthless! After 3 days I have an appt with my PCP...”

K. James February 2, 2018

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I ended up with arachnoiditis after a Epidural spinal injection(ESI). This is NOT FDA approved for the back but your PM doc won’t tell you this. It ruined my life!”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis