User Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Asthma, acute

Also known as: Medrol, Medrol Dosepak, Depo-Medrol, Solu-Medrol, MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack

Methylprednisolone has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, acute. 67% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Methylprednisolone Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Kathy310 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 25, 2014

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “This is my first line of defense when my allergy induced asthma is out of control. Rescue inhalers have not worked for me; I cannot pull the medicine into my lungs when I am constricted. By day 2 of the dosepak, I have significant relief and can usually go off of routine nebulized bronchodilators within 6 days. Unfortunately, my doctors do not like to prescribe steroids 3-4 times/year as needed even though I have shown them it works for me.”

toneyjl February 21, 2011

Medrol (methylprednisolone): “I appreciate this medication. It has been of great benefit to relieving my asthma distress relatively quickly. In my youth Epinephrine was the Only medication for my disease and I spent hundreds of days over the years waiting for my asthma attacks to subside. I am pleased that the extended suffering does not have to be endured now that this medication is affordable and available.”

Onion · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 19, 2019

“I take this Medrol dose pack after chest colds/infection to help me with uncontrollable coughing spasms. My physician reminds me every time he prescribes it to start in the morning and continue with morning dose as the med can keep you awake at night. I do feel a bit energized after taking it and initially my blood sugar rises (pre-diabetes) but after the second dose my blood sugars return to a more normal range. Those are my only side effects. The Medrol pack is undeniably the best thing for my post infection chronic coughing and I would recommend it.”

Seg January 5, 2019

“I have taken this medicine for bronchitis as I was supposed to do. I do not like the side effects. Last night I woke up five times drenched in sweat. I couldn't get enough water in me. For the past 2 days my face is swollen and red. I've been shaking, confused, nauseous with a bad headache. I do not like this medicine”

Megan C · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2017

“I got the flu and my lungs were so tight the doctor couldn't even hear my wheeze anymore and I could barely breathe. I felt like I only had the use of the upper 1/4 of my lungs. I was told that I would have to go to the ER if I got any worse. I was worried about steroid side effects because I had a very bad experience with regular prednisone in the past (worst headache of my life and mood issues). Thankfully the medrol dose pack 4mg worked really well for me with no side effects except maybe some sweating (could also be from the flu). On the first day I took the 6 pills, 2 at a time and it had an effect within the first hour. On the third day I felt like my lung capacity was back to normal. It also helped with the muscle pain from coughing.”

Jan January 27, 2020

“I went to stat care during a terrible round of the flu. On day 3-I was struggling to breathe. Received a treatment, albuterol inhaler and this medrol dose pack. Worked quickly and very well. I also woke up in middle of night soaked in a sweat. Idk if it’s related to flu or steroid. Breathing well and happy with this med.”

Anonymous December 26, 2015

“Having severe asthma is terrible but this medication is the only thing that helps stop an attack almost instantly. I get it through IV and it feels like there's a release in my lungs. About thirty minutes after the tightness subsides and I begin to feel air reach the lower lobes of the lungs.”

hester3384 January 8, 2018

“I was prescribed a six day dose pack for my respiratory infection and while it did it’s job with my lungs - the knee pain (diagnosed as arthritis - prescribed Duexis) I’ve been having for almost a year disappeared. I can run up and down the steps without issue now whereas before I’ve slowly worked back up to a regular walk but very slow when ascending or descending. I’m asking my doctor about this long term because I feel like I’ve got my life back.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2018

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “Helped tremendously. Was given as daily injection (by IV) before bedtime during treatment of severe episode shortness-of-breath requiring hospitalization. Reduced need for daily inhalators and restored breathing capacity. Has been two weeks since last dose without any "COPD-Flare" episodes. More effective than Predinisone (pill) for long-term control of condition.”

PixilDot · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2017

“I have asthma that gets worse in the winter. I have had a flare up that has been bothering me for the past 4 months, since it got cold. This is the 2nd time the MethylPrednisone pack has been prescribed for me - I've taken prednisone in the past, but not the "pack" - and both times I've had a raging headache. I don't know if it's this specific formulation, from this specific company, or what, because I've taken prednisone many times over the past 25 years, and never had a problem like this before. But both times it has been horrible, like my head was just going to explode! Within half an hour after taking the first dose, it was really bad. Not so bad on successive days, but then again, the dose tapers down and is less every day.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

“Some relief from methyprednisolone after 30mins with single injection. Breathing better opened up lungs feeling able to absorb oxygen again thankfully. Now 6 hours later still not 100 percent. Feeling irritable and nervous like I can’t shut down to go to sleep... annoyed with everyone still getting shortness of breath when being active (walking, tending to kids) just wanted to add I did fall asleep woke up at 2:00 am clinching my teeth have a headache now 12 hours after injection I’m back to being out of breath when sitting still... good luck”

Luhu · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2017

“I have been experiencing extreme stomach pain and heart palpation as well as a little more time in the bathroom then usual. I'm usually given Prednisone and I do fine but this is not settling well. Extremely nervous!”

Anonymous January 17, 2011

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): “Worked so fast. Relieved extremely labored breathing in 1/2 hour of first dose. The heaviness and being unable to take even a 1/4 breath improved to about 75% lung capacity. Much relief fast.”

Anonymous October 28, 2019

“This worked great for my asthma. Took all 6 pills at once on day one. I can finally breathe and fewer coughing attacks. Worked in about an hour.”

Sweet P · Taken for 10 years or more May 31, 2018

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): “Even though this medication helps immensely when my breathing/asthma is restricted beyond control I wish I never had to take it.”

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2018

“I’ve only been on this medication for 4 days, but my asthma symptoms are becoming worse. I hope that by the end of the course things will improve!”

HLAB27+ · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2018

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “Miracle for acute asthma attack”

Stelladora · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2019

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): “This medicine helped my asthmatic flare up and breathing. The site where injection was done was painful. The results of this medicine was a blessing of relief!”