User Reviews for Hydrocortisone

Also known as: A-Hydrocort, Colocort, Cortef, Cortenema, Cortifoam, Hydrocortone, Hydrocortone Phosphate, Solu-Cortef

Learn more about Hydrocortisone.

Inflammatory Conditions 1 reviews 113 medications

Addison's Disease 2 reviews 35 medications

Adrenocortical Insufficiency 6 reviews 43 medications

7.5
Ulcerative Proctitis 1 reviews 16 medications

Summary of Hydrocortisone reviews 10 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Hydrocortisone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This drug saved my life"

mojo22 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Tests showed my cortisol production was low but I do not feel any better on HC. And I am fatter now than ever before. I even have fat on my mid and lower back."

Sinkerball (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Hydrocortone (hydrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Added so much weight,due to this drugs"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Hydrocortone (hydrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Feel better,but getting really fat"

Anonymous February 9, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Take 25 mg daily - 15mg morning /10mg evening for 46 years. No side effects. No symptoms. Restored my well being!"

Larry Ann September 25, 2014

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Made stomach upset early on, gurgly/hunger feeling. Goes away. Severe prolonged sub-clinical hypothyroidism resulted in needing this medicine. Makes my Cytomel work. And reduced my anxiety to manageable levels. Even the little painful scab bumps I used to get on my scalp are gone.. gone! Those things were as painful as a bee sting the day after."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "After a long chronic stress my adrenals were "burnout" this medicine until now has worked great. The progression has been very slow but with satisfaction. The only side effect was upset stomach(have gone) and frequent urination (have been reduced)."

Anonymous September 23, 2011

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cortenema (hydrocortisone) for Ulcerative Proctitis: "Night sweats. Many trips to bathroom during the night, urinating."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "I was put on this for 3 months. It's been 2 years now and I can't ween off it. My immune system is in bad shape and I'm developing side effects. I wish I'd been put on something else. It was nice at first thinking it was only short term, but now its becoming a bigger problem than help."

Anonymous April 12, 2009

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "This medicine has kept me alive for 20 years with very few side effects."

Lenna October 30, 2008