User Reviews for Hydrocortisone

Also known as: A-Hydrocort, Colocort, Cortef, Cortenema, Cortifoam, Hydrocortone, Hydrocortone Phosphate, Solu-Cortef

Inflammatory Conditions

1 review 16 medications
Ulcerative ColitisNot rated - Be the first1 review 65 medications
Summary of Hydrocortisone reviews 7.8 13 reviews

Reviews for Hydrocortisone

For Addison's Disease: "Since being on hydrocortisone I have retained a lot of fluid in my face, neck, arms, legs and stomach!! Before this medication I was happy size 9 and had an athletic physique!! Now I’m a whopping miserable, depressed size 16!! After just one year on this medication!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis: "2 times a day and trying to work is not easy. Discomfort and wetness throughout the whole day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2017

For Addison's Disease: "This medication is life sustaining. I take a total of 20 mg divided into several doses throughout the day. It has supported muscle development so that now, after a year of treatment I am a healthy weight for my height and am able to live an active life. No digestive issues. No sleep issues. No other side effects. My blood pressure has increased to a healthy level. I no longer have spells of dizziness or see stars."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This drug saved my life"

mojo22 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Tests showed my cortisol production was low but I do not feel any better on HC. And I am fatter now than ever before. I even have fat on my mid and lower back."

Sinkerball (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2016

Hydrocortone (hydrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Added so much weight,due to this drugs"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2016

Hydrocortone (hydrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Feel better,but getting really fat"

Anonymous February 9, 2015

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Take 25 mg daily - 15mg morning /10mg evening for 46 years. No side effects. No symptoms. Restored my well being!"

Larry Ann September 25, 2014

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Made stomach upset early on, gurgly/hunger feeling. Goes away. Severe prolonged sub-clinical hypothyroidism resulted in needing this medicine. Makes my Cytomel work. And reduced my anxiety to manageable levels. Even the little painful scab bumps I used to get on my scalp are gone.. gone! Those things were as painful as a bee sting the day after."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "After a long chronic stress my adrenals were "burnout" this medicine until now has worked great. The progression has been very slow but with satisfaction. The only side effect was upset stomach(have gone) and frequent urination (have been reduced)."

Anonymous September 23, 2011

Cortenema (hydrocortisone) for Ulcerative Proctitis: "Night sweats. Many trips to bathroom during the night, urinating."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "I was put on this for 3 months. It's been 2 years now and I can't ween off it. My immune system is in bad shape and I'm developing side effects. I wish I'd been put on something else. It was nice at first thinking it was only short term, but now its becoming a bigger problem than help."

Anonymous April 12, 2009

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "This medicine has kept me alive for 20 years with very few side effects."

Lenna October 30, 2008