User Reviews for Hydrocortisone

Ulcerative ColitisNot rated - Add rating1 review 69 medications
Summary of Hydrocortisone reviews 8.0 14 reviews

Reviews for Hydrocortisone

EllyBee · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 12, 2019

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Cortef has saved my life Diagnosed with Addison’s 7 years ago after months of declined health (deathly thin, anxious, random cry spells, brain fog, intense nausea, lower back pain) and eventually slipping into a coma. Once the doctors figured out it was Addison they put me on Cortef. It was a bit of a challenge at first, trying to figure out the right amount for my body however after about 2 years of trail and error I found the right dosage and the proper times to take them as I found that was extremely important. I was also put on Cytomel which I would highly suggest for anyone who’s struggling with Addison’s disease. With those combined meds, Addison’s became controllable. Until I started premenopausal symptoms and now it feels like the first year of my addison diagnosis. I’ve been taking a bit more Cortef as of late to help me through the premenopause which can become more of an issue for the body and brain."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 13, 2018

For Addison's Disease: "Since being on hydrocortisone I have retained a lot of fluid in my face, neck, arms, legs and stomach!! Before this medication I was happy size 9 and had an athletic physique!! Now I’m a whopping miserable, depressed size 16!! After just one year on this medication!!!!"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: "2 times a day and trying to work is not easy. Discomfort and wetness throughout the whole day."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 3, 2017

For Addison's Disease: "This medication is life sustaining. I take a total of 20 mg divided into several doses throughout the day. It has supported muscle development so that now, after a year of treatment I am a healthy weight for my height and am able to live an active life. No digestive issues. No sleep issues. No other side effects. My blood pressure has increased to a healthy level. I no longer have spells of dizziness or see stars."

mojo22 · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: "This drug saved my life"

Sinkerball · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 26, 2016

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Tests showed my cortisol production was low but I do not feel any better on HC. And I am fatter now than ever before. I even have fat on my mid and lower back."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2016

Hydrocortone (hydrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Added so much weight,due to this drugs"

Anonymous February 9, 2015

Hydrocortone (hydrocortisone) for Addison's Disease: "Feel better,but getting really fat"

Larry Ann September 25, 2014

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Take 25 mg daily - 15mg morning /10mg evening for 46 years. No side effects. No symptoms. Restored my well being!"

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2013

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "Made stomach upset early on, gurgly/hunger feeling. Goes away. Severe prolonged sub-clinical hypothyroidism resulted in needing this medicine. Makes my Cytomel work. And reduced my anxiety to manageable levels. Even the little painful scab bumps I used to get on my scalp are gone.. gone! Those things were as painful as a bee sting the day after."

Anonymous September 23, 2011

Cortef (hydrocortisone) for Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "After a long chronic stress my adrenals were "burnout" this medicine until now has worked great. The progression has been very slow but with satisfaction. The only side effect was upset stomach(have gone) and frequent urination (have been reduced)."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

Cortenema (hydrocortisone) for Ulcerative Proctitis: "Night sweats. Many trips to bathroom during the night, urinating."

Anonymous April 12, 2009

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "I was put on this for 3 months. It's been 2 years now and I can't ween off it. My immune system is in bad shape and I'm developing side effects. I wish I'd been put on something else. It was nice at first thinking it was only short term, but now its becoming a bigger problem than help."

Lenna October 30, 2008

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: "This medicine has kept me alive for 20 years with very few side effects."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)