User Reviews for Cortef

Cortef has an average rating of 9.4 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of those users who reviewed Cortef reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Adrenocortical Insufficiency
9.3
Addison's Disease
10.0
Summary of Cortef reviews 9.4 5 reviews

Mr.Misdiagnosed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 27, 2019

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: “Started experiencing fatigue a few years ago and passed out suddenly. Rushed to hospital with normal cardiac workup and blood tests. After seeing a long list of doctors one finally came to the realization I had adrenal insufficiency. Prescribed 10mg hydrocortisone daily and feel much better.”

EllyBee · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 12, 2019

For Addison's Disease: “Cortef has saved my life Diagnosed with Addison’s 7 years ago after months of declined health (deathly thin, anxious, random cry spells, brain fog, intense nausea, lower back pain) and eventually slipping into a coma. Once the doctors figured out it was Addison they put me on Cortef. It was a bit of a challenge at first, trying to figure out the right amount for my body however after about 2 years of trail and error I found the right dosage and the proper times to take them as I found that was extremely important. I was also put on Cytomel which I would highly suggest for anyone who’s struggling with Addison’s disease. With those combined meds, Addison’s became controllable. Until I started premenopausal symptoms and now it feels like the first year of my addison diagnosis. I’ve been taking a bit more Cortef as of late to help me through the premenopause which can become more of an issue for the body and brain.”

Larry Ann September 25, 2014

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: “Take 25 mg daily - 15mg morning /10mg evening for 46 years. No side effects. No symptoms. Restored my well being!”

Anonymous September 23, 2011

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: “After a long chronic stress my adrenals were "burnout" this medicine until now has worked great. The progression has been very slow but with satisfaction. The only side effect was upset stomach(have gone) and frequent urination (have been reduced).”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2013

For Adrenocortical Insufficiency: “Made stomach upset early on, gurgly/hunger feeling. Goes away. Severe prolonged sub-clinical hypothyroidism resulted in needing this medicine. Makes my Cytomel work. And reduced my anxiety to manageable levels. Even the little painful scab bumps I used to get on my scalp are gone.. gone! Those things were as painful as a bee sting the day after.”