User Reviews for Decadron

Learn more about Decadron.

Allergic Rhinitis 1 reviews 875 medications

Inflammatory Conditions 6 reviews 114 medications

2.2
Summary of Decadron reviews 11 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Decadron

For Inflammatory Conditions "Never take this drug. I am a healthy individual that had a bad experience with this drug. I Received one shot because I had the flu. 1 week later I had burning pains running all through my body. They gave me a shot in my butt and its still sore 2 sweeks later. I had trouble sleeping, couldn't breath at night and thought I was going crazy. My resting heart rate went from 49-58 beats a minute. I don't know what this drug does to the body but its not good. You have mood swings from anger, confusion, weakness, coordination etc..... Please ask the doctor what they are giving you before they inject you. It could do more harm than good later."

Jason Jones (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions "I have degenerative discs. I was given injections of Decadron near the area. Within a week I almost went crazy!! Felt like I was running for my life all the time. The doctors have no clue what this does to your brain, nor how to reverse its affects. Do not take this."

jb-1983 November 23, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions "I was given this for a migraine, via iv . Instantly starting between my legs and moving out through my body I felt like my entire body was set on fire. I had difficulty breathing and was screaming and sobbing. Needless to say none of which helped the severe migraine that had landed me in the Er. Two days later my vaginal tissue still feels inflamed. I won't be taking this one again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

For Croup "When my son has difficulty breathing from stridor associated with croup, this drug works wonders. He starts to feel relief immediately and doesn't get these symptoms for a couple of months afterwards."

Anonymous June 4, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions "I was also given this through I.V. and started freaking out as well. I got really cold and my muscles contracted involuntarily and my teeth started chattering and grinding. My vision got dark around the edges and I could only see out of pinhole shaped . (Like looking through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars. I woke up several hours later wrapped in heatead blankets."

patient5 March 18, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions "I have disc issues. When the inflammation around these discs starts to put pressure on the nerves going to my feet and legs. A shot of this stuff is like gold. It looses it effect the longer you use it so save this as a last resort."

Wesandmichelle March 6, 2015

For Dermatitis Herpetiformis "Great works at almost every type of itching"

atul dhoundiyal (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2014

For Asthma "Used periodically when other meds aren't giving relief. Makes breathing problems clear, relieves allergic sinus congestion and skin allergy issues dissipate."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2013

For Multiple Sclerosis "Spent 7 days in the hospital and 6 weeks off work but this medication got my eyesight back from complete blindness. The side effects are a bit extreme and this was the third steroid I developed an allergy to but for severe optic neuritis episodes it works."

kilkennyblue (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions "Headache due to AVM in brain: I was given this in the hospital via IV in hopes of bringing down a severe headache caused by my AVM. Within the first minute the drip began I started freaking out as well as developing a severe rash so they unhooked it immediately. Even after it having been stopped I was inconsolable and hyperventilating for about a half an hour. The morning after I was vomiting and had diarrhea. 48 hours later my stomach is still churning and the rash is just beginning to fade. Safe to say Decadron is on my allergy list now."

agangx3 (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2012

For Allergic Rhinitis "Although I have to go to the doctor and get an injection for this medication to work optimally it does work wonderful when I am having an acute allergy attack. I end up getting the shot about once a year in the early spring. This medication should be a last resort after other things have been exhausted and is only safe as an injection about every six months. When my eyes, ears, nose, and throat all become involved and inflamed I know it is time to get a Decadron shot."

Allergic February 9, 2010