User Reviews for Decadron to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Decadron has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions. 25% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 75% reported a negative effect.

Decadron Rating Summary

3.0/10 average rating

Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Jason Jones · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2016

“Never take this drug. I am a healthy individual that had a bad experience with this drug. I Received one shot because I had the flu. 1 week later I had burning pains running all through my body. They gave me a shot in my butt and its still sore 2 sweeks later. I had trouble sleeping, couldn't breath at night and thought I was going crazy. My resting heart rate went from 49-58 beats a minute. I don't know what this drug does to the body but its not good. You have mood swings from anger, confusion, weakness, coordination etc..... Please ask the doctor what they are giving you before they inject you. It could do more harm than good later.”

Wesandmichelle March 6, 2015

“I have disc issues. When the inflammation around these discs starts to put pressure on the nerves going to my feet and legs. A shot of this stuff is like gold. It looses it effect the longer you use it so save this as a last resort.”

jb-1983 November 23, 2015

“I have degenerative discs. I was given injections of Decadron near the area. Within a week I almost went crazy!! Felt like I was running for my life all the time. The doctors have no clue what this does to your brain, nor how to reverse its affects. Do not take this.”

Jessa · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2019

“Was given Decadron Shot in ER for a severe Sinus Infection and Upper Respiratory Infection..I have had a severe migraine for 2 solid days! NOTHING will ease the headache. I will never have or take Decadron again!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2015

“I was given this for a migraine, via iv . Instantly starting between my legs and moving out through my body I felt like my entire body was set on fire. I had difficulty breathing and was screaming and sobbing. Needless to say none of which helped the severe migraine that had landed me in the Er. Two days later my vaginal tissue still feels inflamed. I won't be taking this one again.”

agangx3 · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2012

“Headache due to AVM in brain: I was given this in the hospital via IV in hopes of bringing down a severe headache caused by my AVM. Within the first minute the drip began I started freaking out as well as developing a severe rash so they unhooked it immediately. Even after it having been stopped I was inconsolable and hyperventilating for about a half an hour. The morning after I was vomiting and had diarrhea. 48 hours later my stomach is still churning and the rash is just beginning to fade. Safe to say Decadron is on my allergy list now.”

Ms kid May 1, 2017

“I have MS and bad back some times I had save this for a time that the doctor wasn't helping out enough. My left leg started to hurt from butt to my angle . Was taking hydrocodacetam. Eating 3 at a time ,wasn't doing enough . Started taking decadron pain level drop a lot but you need to make sure that your eating food with them . Had no side affects! Wish I had more ! Going to ask Doctor .”

patient5 March 18, 2015

“I was also given this through I.V. and started freaking out as well. I got really cold and my muscles contracted involuntarily and my teeth started chattering and grinding. My vision got dark around the edges and I could only see out of pinhole shaped . (Like looking through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars. I woke up several hours later wrapped in heatead blankets.”

TJ · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

“Had this steroid (Decadron) in addition to antibiotic shot yesterday for an upper resipratory infection. Headache (migraine) started within 2 hours and have not disappeared to this point. I've taken these same meds before without reaction but don't think I will again.”